Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the reports from two people separately saying they saw a little one who looked like William waiting to board a plane to NZ ... why did it take them a few weeks to follow that up? Surely that it something to be investigated immediately!

RSBM

In today's Australian article, it says that police were waiting when the plane landed in NZ.

A few weeks ago they were told that two *passengers waiting for a flight to New Zealand had both independently called 000 to report that a boy waiting to board looked like William Tyrrell.
CCTV images were hastily sent to the detectives — it looked promising. Police were waiting when the plane landed in New Zealand. It wasn’t him.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

RSBM

In today's Australian article, it says that police were waiting when the plane landed in NZ.

A few weeks ago they were told that two *passengers waiting for a flight to New Zealand had both independently called 000 to report that a boy waiting to board looked like William Tyrrell.
CCTV images were hastily sent to the detectives — it looked promising. Police were waiting when the plane landed in New Zealand. It wasn’t him.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

Oh good! Thanks for that - I obviously didn't read it properly.

Yes, good point. Why does she need to see a clairvoyant? She was either with her husband at 10.30am or not.

Oh, this "Colin" mate likes to talk. I can't believe the stuff he comes out with. He said something damaging the last time he spoke IIRC. I'll have to look it up. And now he's mixed up Spedding's alibi again (awards presentation before coffee.) I'm pretty sure that is the mate being referred to, for those who are asking.
Yeah I'm referring to this mate, that loves to talk ;)

That could explain what I have always thought to be a "roar" in the photo of him on the deck!

Something bugging me: they had the sex crimes unit in early - why has it taken thinking for them to seriously look at the probability of a pedophile ring? We were all speculating about it within a couple of days.

Also, the reports from two people separately saying they saw a little one who looked like William waiting to board a plane to NZ ... why did it take them a few weeks to follow that up? Surely that it something to be investigated immediately!
They did follow the sighting up pretty quick, they had LE waiting at airport in NZ

Knowing that he has fostered kids in the past, I doubt that he is part of the ring. The Australian article says that it is very unlikely that William's abductor was a first time offender and if BE had offended previously, whether by abducting or molesting a child, we would know about it because I don't think the police would have left a stone unturned. They would have interviewed all parents and children previously involved with him thoroughly IMO. Also, if they found anything on his computer at all he would have been arrested for it. I know I am in the minority but I have my doubts about his involvement in William's disappearance.

I don't see how he could have opportunistically grabbed William then organised/undertaken something sinister then turned up to Laurieton so quickly without leaving some kind of evidence.

Truthfully? I think they have wasted time and resources that might have been better spent elsewhere. Having said that, I'm sure there are a LOT of things we don't know and I have been very wrong in the past.

I just think that if they had a single thing to pin BS on, he would have been arrested already. That is telling, IMO. Unless they have something happening undercover like with Brett Cowan? I don't know. In one of the earlier articles about BS it was said that the tip off was that he was meant to visit the house that day. There had to be more than that for them to spend months investigating him and name him publically, right? There has to be more and until we know what else there is, I just don't think we know enough for me personally to say I think he did it.
Totally agree :)

The fact that he has fostered kids ( whilst admirable) does not mean he isn't a part of this whole paedophile ring, just lucky to have not been caught . Remember so many people that are eventually caught have been in positions of where they would have had to have all records checked, school teachers ect.

The fact that he has fostered kids ( whilst admirable) does not mean he isn't a part of this whole paedophile ring, just lucky to have not been caught . Remember so many people that are eventually caught have been in positions of where they would have had to have all records checked, school teachers ect.

February 6, 2015
Child protection advocates believe youngsters are still being abused in foster care, and say an upcoming royal commission into the system must examine why rogue carers are given access to vulnerable children.

.... the commission said it would examine allegations of child sexual abuse in foster care, prevention of abuse and the recruitment, assessment and training of carers.

It will also look at how well children living in foster care are monitored by independent authorities.

"We know that abuse is still happening in out-of-home care," she [Jacqui Reed] said.

"This hearing will challenge many of the assumptions people make about out-of-home care," she said.

"Yes, children need to be safe if they can't live at home but often the out-of-home care system doesn't offer them anything better and in some cases it leaves them worse off."

"There are a lot of people who have made a lot of money by taking on foster kids," she said. "Some of them have committed crimes against those children and they have never been held accountable."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/child-sex...n-to-look-at-foster-care-20150206-137lu3.html

I'm not saying otherwise. What I'm saying is that most people who have been caught haven't had the police investigate them thoroughly for 3 months. If they investigated every foster parent the way they've investigated BS I'm sure that the majority of them who have abused children would be caught IMO.

RSBM:
Knowing that he has fostered kids in the past, I doubt that he is part of the ring.

Does anyone know why the 3 children were removed from their care?

One of the things that keeps me wary of Spedding is this .... particularly as it says that he was interviewed about his treatment of children, and not that he was interviewed about his treatment of his foster children. And that the children were removed prior to police commencing their in-depth investigation of him.

TRADESMAN Bill Spedding was *interviewed by Family and Community Services about his treatment of children just days before detectives began investigating him over the disappearance of little William Tyrell.

Three of the children who had been living with him and his wife have since been removed .....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...l-speddings-care/story-fnpn118l-1227198878302

Is there a link to any of the POI's old business pursuits. Im interested in hearing about the vexatious allegations.

How do you know police haven't investigated these people for 3 months? I would think they would in fact be investigating for even longer.

How do you know police haven't investigated these people for 3 months? I would think they would in fact be investigating for even longer.

They are DESPERATE for foster carers. They are not going to allocate a whole police task force to investigating every single applicant for 3 months before they are approved. It is ludicrous to think that all foster carers have been investigated the way BS has been.

To be a foster carer you apply, you have medical checks, you have a police check and that's it.

http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/doc...option/foster_care/become_a_foster_carer.html

RSBM:

One of the things that keeps me wary of Spedding is this .... particularly as it says that he was interviewed about his treatment of children, and not that he was interviewed about his treatment of his foster children. And that the children were removed prior to police commencing their in-depth investigation of him.

TRADESMAN Bill Spedding was *interviewed by Family and Community Services about his treatment of children just days before detectives began investigating him over the disappearance of little William Tyrell.

Three of the children who had been living with him and his wife have since been removed .....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...l-speddings-care/story-fnpn118l-1227198878302

Were they his wife's grandkids?

If any kids were staying with their grandparents and that kind of news was released about the people who were caring for them, it would be terrible for them not to be removed imo!

Knowing that he has fostered kids in the past, I doubt that he is part of the ring. The Australian article says that it is very unlikely that William's abductor was a first time offender and if BE had offended previously, whether by abducting or molesting a child, we would know about it because I don't think the police would have left a stone unturned.

No we wouldn't have known about it. Why would police share that info? They need to protect the children involved.

I don't see how he could have opportunistically grabbed William then organised/undertaken something sinister then turned up to Laurieton so quickly without leaving some kind of evidence.

There's no proof has was even in Laurieton, let alone what time. He could have very well left evidence, we don't know that.

I just think that if they had a single thing to pin BS on, he would have been arrested already. That is telling, IMO.

Not telling at all. They don't arrest people on a single thing. They need solid evidence to make sure of a conviction. Possibly there are others involved that they are after as well.

If any kids were staying with their grandparents and that kind of news was released about the people who were caring for them, it would be terrible for them not to be removed imo!

He was being investigated in regards to the children before any details about him being involved in William's disappearance.

They did follow the sighting up pretty quick, they had LE waiting at airport in NZ

Yes they were Margaret's grandchildren

They are DESPERATE for foster carers. They are not going to allocate a whole police task force to investigating every single applicant for 3 months before they are approved. It is ludicrous to think that all foster carers have been investigated the way BS has been.

To be a foster carer you apply, you have medical checks, you have a police check and that's it.

http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/doc...option/foster_care/become_a_foster_carer.html

I didn't say every foster carer is investigated. I was referring to you saying the ones that were caught would not have been investigated for 3 months as BS has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3