Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I step away to watch a movie and all hell breaks loose.

It's unrelated to William in the sense that the sex offences were allegedly committed on 2 girls in 1987. The evidence may have been uncovered during this investigation but the charges do not relate directly to William.

Yes there could be more charges to come.

The girls were aged six and THREE when the assaults allegedly occurred.

No, and nor should there be. It can take many years for victims to come forward due to age at the time, fear, shame, etc.

I definitely don't think there should be either, and hope my post didn't come across that way. In the US, there unfortunately is a statute of limitations. Most of the Bill Cosby rape accusations, for example, are too old to prosecute.

Taylor Auerbach @tauerbach

First photo of Bill Spedding being driven away by detectives. Pic by Nathan Edwards, @dailytelegraph http://t.co/mT8Swl0ohYView on Twitter

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...r-missing-william-tyrrell#AbrXybDThcAEclPL.99

Renae Henry @renaehenry9

Margaret Spedding yells "get off the property" as husband Bill is taken into custody @9NewsSyd http://t.co/ZzOo6Y7trl

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...r-missing-william-tyrrell#AbrXybDThcAEclPL.99

Is she yelling at her husband to get off the property (as in realising who she is married to), or the police/media I wonder?

Fingers crossed it was Bill.... Assuming he is a criminal, I really hope this goes quickly and not protracted.

Regardless of who she was yelling at, the fact that she wasn't shouting out her innocence says a lot

I'm not sure whether I'm going down the path of some Thomas Pynchonesque-type conspiracy here, but could the police have focused on Spedding so heavily, and thereby allowed the media to focus on him so heavily, to expose his identity far and wide throughout Australia. This could have been done to enable both potential past victims, and past criminal associates, to come forward to detectives with information about things that he may have done in the past. This would at the very least paint Spedding as someone capable of kidnapping William, but at the very most allow him to be arrested for past crimes. If the later case occurred (and indeed in the last few minutes it seems it has), this could perhaps install fear in his associates (read 'ring' members) and coerce one of them to come forward.

I.e. what I'm suggesting is that the public focus on him, and this recent arrest, may have at its heart the purpose of not just legitimately forcing Spedding to confront and suffer consequences for past crimes, but coerce others through fear of being incriminated themselves to come forward with info about William so as to get perhaps some immunity from crimes they have committed in the past? E.g. 'I will tell you what I know about William Tyrrell because I'm afraid Bill Spedding may now reveal crimes I have done in the past considering that he has been arrested. Just please grant me immunity from consequences for doing those things if I tell you what I know about William'?

Wow !
I feel sorry for his wife if she knew nothing about this in his past. What a shock it would be !

I'll bet things with regards to William move quickly now.

The girls were aged six and THREE when the assaults allegedly occurred.

Horrific ����

I now have no doubt he's involved somehow in William's disappearance

Historical claims so it may not even be able to be proven, we will need to wait and see, many people make accusations and this could be just that, depending on who the children belong to that were in the care of the Speddings.

Mr Spedding's wife, Margaret, was pictured yelling at reporters at the Bonny Hills property.

Damn. Was hoping she would turn, if she does actually know anything. But even if BS is guilty, there is no reason to think spouses are aware.

If he is convicted, but coincidently was in the wrong spot re:WT, then it would be staggering and frustrating.

Wow ive just caught up! Afternoon all!!! For those that think BS is innocent in the disappearance of William, do the latest new stories make you think twice??
Leopards never change their spots IMO. Although not directly related to William its obvious this information has come from their investigation into William so if he is involved i hope he tells them everything now. Ill be sitting back waiting..... Somethings gonna happen surely.

How was he allowed to foster his grandkids?!

If he had not been caught/charged before he would have a "clean" record and not come up as a pedo and be granted access to Margarets grandkids.

Wow - I feel sick after reading the arrest but let's hope this leads to info on William, I hope with all my heart he is alive!

Hey, that took me AGES to make, on my phone, as I don't have a PC.

I put alot of work into it, as my heart goes out to this lil bloke.

Keep your lousy opinion, to yourself! :-/
I'm sorry tilikum :( I just think it makes him look different.

There MUST be a tie-in, to William.

What are the odds of stumbling on to past (child sex abuse) crimes, in the search for William, and those not linking to the present? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth