Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you. I looked at his Facebook in the early days and pretty much decided he was a good family man - pics of camping trips, days out, normal interests, raising 3 step-grandkids who he seems proud of etc etc.

I done the same and had come to the same conclusion and thought he was innocent... I was clearly wrong.

Speak to any criminal lawyer and ask them whether you should ever freely agree to be interviewed by police or answer any questions. Take it from me, any lawyer worth their salt will advice you against it. What do you think the reason for that is?

Even if you are innocent, there is nothing to be gained by speaking to police. All you can do is inadvertently implicate yourself in a crime you may not have committed. Many people are very nervous when speaking to police. Under that duress, it is very easy to make honest mistakes that can then be used to argue that you are lying to police.

A defence lawyers job is to defend their client and so of course they will advise this. They will advise this even when they're pretty damn sure their client is guilty. They will advise this even when a missing child's life is at stake. They will do what they can to make the job of the police harder, including advising to refuse to give a statement. It's merely a tactic, no different to police applying pressure to a POI by tipping off the media. A defence lawyer will also trash a good woman's name in court in an effort to get their client off (see Allison Baden-Clay). They're not exactly saints, they're just doing their job as are the police.

Lawyers often have far less interest in the truth than the police, that's for sure. For those of us who want to see true justice, well I'm on the side of the police, with good faith that they want the RIGHT person behind bars, and they work damn hard to do it too.

A defence lawyers job is to defend their client and so of course they will advise this. They will advise this even when they're pretty damn sure their client is guilty. They will advise this even when a missing child's life is at stake. They will do what they can to make the job of the police harder, including advising to refuse to give a statement. It's merely a tactic, no different to police applying pressure to a POI by tipping off the media. A defence lawyer will also trash a good woman's name in court in an effort to get their client off (see Allison Baden-Clay). They're not exactly saints, they're just doing their job as are the police.

Lawyers often have far less interest in the truth than the police, that's for sure. For those of us who want to see true justice, well I'm on the side of the police, with good faith that they want the RIGHT person behind bars, and they work damn hard to do it too.

Well said Tigerlily75, completely agree!

I need to frame this. Well said
Not wanting another fracas to break out but I often wonder how people who are naturally suspicious of police would feel if they were told the police didn't have their abducted 3 year olds best interests at heart because they're trying to exploit a jury /sway an opinion without due reason

Excellent post. Thank you Tigerlily.

I just hope some information comes from this. It's great that he's now in custody (assuming the accusations are valid), but sadly he couldn't be the only one they've got on the radar

That's why we don't day out loud that we were watching that show hardcore pawn :laughing: people would think we meant something completely different in Australia :p

You can imagine my reaction the first time my teenage son said he wanted to watch this show!!!!

But secretly now I love it ;)

IMO there is more pressure on the police to get it right, than to get a conviction. It can have big ramifications for their career and reputation if they ****** up and the perp is let off.

Creepy that he was driving around a van with "Peddo's" written on it :facepalm:

Creepier yet that there's a cage in the back. (I'm sure this has been called out already but I'm just catching up after the board snafu last night).

ETA: AFAIK that is an option in a vehicle like that. An option that in this case, someone has chosen to have included in their vehicle for some reason. I suppose it's to stop tools from being thrown forward at the back of the driver's head in the event of a sudden stop, though..... :thinking:

We were wondering about attitudes in 1987 that may have influenced decisions to [not] prosecute pedophiles. (I realise that the victims’ family is said to have wanted to save the children from further trauma, in this case.)

I was disgusted to read that, 12 short years earlier, Professor Richard Downing — in his formal position as ABC chairman – made a public representation via the Sydney Morning Herald ‘calling for an “understanding” of paedophiles in general and pederasts in particular. The Downing letter attempted to legitimise the crime of pederasty.’

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opi...vasion-of-turkey/story-fnkqo7i5-1227319082898
(See section called Alleged NSW Paedophile Ring In Action Only A Decade After One-Time ABC Chairman Called For Pederasty To Be Understood)

There is also a renown doctor, forensic expert, and clinical professor of child psychiatry at the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University, who had many opinions (that he, no doubt, taught and passed around) that will shock most of us about pedophilia - these were published in 1986, 1991, 1992.

Read the brief bit called 'Gardner on pedophilia' .. starting a short way into this link, and published by the Leadership Council. :thud:

http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/1/pas/RAG.html

This man is the clinician who developed the Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS) theory - utilised primarily in divorces.

I have to say the attitude shocks me, and I am not going to research this further because I am already disgusted.

You only have to look as far as the BBC child sex scandals and those that have occurred in the north of England to see that some very influential and famous people are quite okay with the hideous crimes perpetrated on innocent little kids. In fact, they convince themselves that they are doing the kids a favour, helping them to 'come to terms with their sexuality'.
A 3 year old. How these people sleep at night. Manage to have families themselves. People who love them and friends who trust them. It staggers me the double lives they live without a blink or a moment of remorse or sympathy for the little victims whose lives they ruin.
Perhaps we do need to understand how they operate in order to prevent them from doing what they do. I have no interest at all in painting them as victims too, or condoning their crimes. But a lot of cases never went to trial or convictions made, because influential people were pederasts themselves or sympathetic to their warped lifestyles. How can they not see the pain and misery? How can they not look at these children, decades later, and not see the damage they have done? How can this be explained away? I don't get it.

You can imagine my reaction the first time my teenage son said he wanted to watch this show!!!!

But secretly now I love it ;)

My son took great delight in telling me he was about to watch "Hardcore Pawn" sadly for him i had already heard about it lol

IMO pedophilia is as serious as murder. Maybe that sounds extreme, but that's how I feel. It takes a certain kind of evil. For some reason the law doesn't treat it with the severity it deserves! I've always been dumbfounded by this. At least in NSW they will introduce life sentencing for crimes like what Spedding is charged with.

My son took great delight in telling me he was about to watch "Hardcore Pawn" sadly for him i had already heard about it lol

Meanwhile in the US, I recall my middle child riding in the back seat of my vehicle on the way home from a dental appointment when he was about 12 years old... I heard from teh back seat the sound of him talking to himself, but I didn't catch it all, I just heard "orn in the orn" .. as I turned my head to ask him what he'd said, I saw a billboard in a corn field for an Adult Book Store... the child had said "*advertiser censored* in the corn".... well I'm not perfect, I cracked up. Kids will be kids!

We were wondering about attitudes in 1987 that may have influenced decisions to [not] prosecute pedophiles. (I realise that the victims’ family is said to have wanted to save the children from further trauma, in this case.)

I was disgusted to read that, 12 short years earlier, Professor Richard Downing — in his formal position as ABC chairman – made a public representation via the Sydney Morning Herald ‘calling for an “understanding” of paedophiles in general and pederasts in particular. The Downing letter attempted to legitimise the crime of pederasty.’

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opi...vasion-of-turkey/story-fnkqo7i5-1227319082898
(See section called Alleged NSW Paedophile Ring In Action Only A Decade After One-Time ABC Chairman Called For Pederasty To Be Understood)

This certainly does not surprise me. I think there are certain so called "factions" that are pushing to "normalise" pedophilia for their own interests. These people gravitate to the media (advertising agencies and especially government protected or sponsored TV) and certain positions of influence in society to "push" their interests into the mainstream for their own means. I feel the has been a gradual sexualisation of children in advertising and media to try and push "normal" boundaries, and we don't really realise it until you watch something that gives you the creeps. Next time you see a TV or other media advertising with kids in it - look at the "adult" attitude the child has or what they are doing or wearing - its subtle but it is there.

Creepier yet that there's a cage in the back. (I'm sure this has been called out already but I'm just catching up after the board snafu last night).

ETA: AFAIK that is an option in a vehicle like that. An option that in this case, someone has chosen to have included in their vehicle for some reason. I suppose it's to stop tools from being thrown forward at the back of the driver's head in the event of a sudden stop, though..... :thinking:

Yeah a luggage barrier is pretty stock standard, I wouldn't read too much into it.

There is also a renown doctor, forensic expert, and clinical professor of child psychiatry at the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University, who had many opinions (that he, no doubt, taught and passed around) that will shock most of us about pedophilia - these were published in 1986, 1991, 1992.

Read the brief bit called 'Gardner on pedophilia' .. starting a short way into this link, and published by the Leadership Council. :thud:

http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/1/pas/RAG.html

This man is the clinician who developed the Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS) theory - utilised primarily in divorces.

I have to say the attitude shocks me, and I am not going to research this further because I am already disgusted.

Holy crap! That link!!! This puts some stuff into perspective like PAS and the Men's rights movement, knowing this dude generated the syndrome.

Lots of stuff has come in and out of acceptance over time that should stay unaccepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne