Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering the same thing. Anyone with any sort of legal knowledge know what the implications of giving a false alibi are? Does one get charged with anything? Im not accusing her of doing it but id like to know where the law sits with that scenario.

If someone gives a statement and it is proven they lied they can be charged. Lying during a criminal investigation is known as perverting the course of justice, which carries a maximum penalty with 14 years imprisonment.

http://www.criminallaw.com.au/blog/...a-false-statement-to-police-or-in-court/30834

If MS gave a statement as to her/their whereabouts, how can she stand by him when there are so many holes in BS's story? BS's lawyer stated that BS will defend all charges until his last breath. That's an overly dramatic statement. I wonder what's going on.

parents are allowed to take pictures at the school assemblies. any parent that took photos on the day of assembly were asked over the phone to go down to police station and show police the photos to see if bs was in any of the pictures. from what i know, he wasnt in any pictures taken

Thank-you so much for your valuable input apollosong that's brilliant information.

If someone gives a statement and it is proven they lied they can be charged. Lying during a criminal investigation is known as perverting the course of justice, which carries a maximum penalty with 14 years imprisonment.

http://www.criminallaw.com.au/blog/...a-false-statement-to-police-or-in-court/30834

Do they ever use this charge for family members, I wonder? Remember how we all thought that perhaps some similar charges should be laid against members of the Baden Clay family, but it never happened. :sigh:

Is it leniency toward family members because it is 'expected' behaviour, or something? :confused:

Do they ever use this charge for family members, I wonder? Remember how we all thought that perhaps some similar charges should be laid against members of the Baden Clay family, but it never happened. :sigh:

Is it leniency toward family members because it is 'expected' behaviour, or something? :confused:

I think what is expected about it is that often family members will lie because they believe their brother or son etc. is completely innocent but the piece of information will make them look guilty. I have compassion for a family that gives an alibi if they believe the person was in bed sleeping but alone. It isn't right but generally their punishment is seeing their loved one go to prison for years.

Just a comment about the 10-page transcript of Spedding's recorded interview. When produced from a recording, transcripts are generally digitally produced these days - not hand-written.

There is an example here - about completely different subject matter. The exact same content is 4 pages in length when transcribed from the recorded interview (and includes the questions asked), and 3 pages long when produced as a statement (sans questions). Either way, there is a lot of content in the pages.

http://www.unt.edu/wmoen/dissertation/AppendixC.pdf

The operative word is statement SA. If MS has given a false statement and signed it, irrespective of whether she is classed as family or not, she can be charged.

Thanks. I also wondered about "hindering an investigation", but it seems to be something a bit different.

If I was MS I'd get my own legal representation, especially as court documents stated that BS was "directly lobbying" a victim. MS could claim she was under pressure. Not saying she's done anything wrong, but if she had...

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...th-bill-spedding/story-fns0kb1g-1227322744804

Also from that article, and I really hate quoting this stuff, it says that:

'While gathering victim statements about these offences, police claim they unearthed other “disturbing allegations” about children performing sex acts on each other.

Spedding also allegedly gave a child to another man to use for sex, court documents state.'

BBM.

I take it they are referring to the statements from the victims who were allegedly assaulted by Spedding. It's sounding like he's done other horrendous things to those poor girls. I'm guessing police are working on getting the other adults who were involved to court before they charge Spedding for those offences? Could be linked to the taskforce currently being formed in Victoria.

Thanks South Aussie

It totally depends on how they format it, of course. And also what was said. Brief answers taking up space, or long winded paragraphs.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/teg/tsg/...magecache/750x970/documents/0924041kobea4.gif

In any case, we don't actually know. 10 pages isn't exactly tiny, though.

In my work, i am often asked to witness signtures on statements, so i have to inital the bottom of each page, they can be long but the content is not always huge.
example of how its set out

interviewer: where you at spot x on such and such day.
person: what
interviewer: where you at spot x on such and such day.
person: no

etc can be lots of yes and no answers asking to repeat questions etc.

I'm not on BS side or anything. And we cannot discuss other FB pages so can't really say too much but it's been implied by others on here that children who were in his care were probably harmed too. There IMO is no fair reason to say this. There is plenty of things you can find online to see that these children have not turned on him. Who knows what happens behind closed doors but I just think saying that is going too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, I thought his page was probably taken down by request of police or FACS due to all the pictures of the kids that were in his care, to protect their privacy.

It's OK. I was just sharing my theory as to why it was taken down. :)

I'm not on BS side or anything. And we cannot discuss other FB pages so can't really say too much but it's been implied by others on here that children who were in his care were probably harmed too. There IMO is no fair reason to say this. There is plenty of things you can find online to see that these children have not turned on him. Who knows what happens behind closed doors but I just think saying that is going too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO it is not going too far to speculate that other children in an alleged pedophile’s care may have been assaulted by him. As has been said before, it often takes a good 20+ years before a child will gain the courage, maturity and self-confidence to confess an assault that occurred when they were a child. And they need to be in a safe place to do that.

If a child is seeing a lot of anger and denial about the historic cases, they are less likely to further rock the boat by admitting something similar has happened to them - especially if they are under the same roof as, or in regular contact with, the people exhibiting the anger and denial.

You are correct.a member of the public noticed the 7000 views of a video so alerted local police who went in and closed his acc the other day.

Actually, I thought his page was probably taken down by request of police or FACS due to all the pictures of the kids that were in his care, to protect their privacy.

Can someome please tell me why everytime i go to comment or reply to someones comment , i have a quote from an old comment come up in my reply box that i have to delete everytime otherwise it comes up on every post i make

I wonder if the police have asked the child who received the award if BS was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018