Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someome please tell me why everytime i go to comment or reply to someones comment , i have a quote from an old comment come up in my reply box that i have to delete everytime otherwise it comes up on every post i make

See the little box on the far right side in this pic? It is the multi-quote box. You click on it if you want to reply to more than one post in your reply.

You may be accidentally clicking on this box under a post, and therefore will end up replying to the post you want to reply to, and it will include the one where you accidentally clicked on the multi-quote box. If that makes sense.

You can tell if you have accidentally clicked on a multi-quote box because it displays a little tick next to it if you have clicked on it.

x3hjkw.png

Can someome please tell me why everytime i go to comment or reply to someones comment , i have a quote from an old comment come up in my reply box that i have to delete everytime otherwise it comes up on every post i make

It's happened to me. You've ticked the quotation symbol. Find the original quote and you'll see it is ticked, untick it. It'll keep coming up otherwise...frustrating!!

No one can renember seeing them at assembly.if i remember correctly assemblies there used to be 10:30 and later depending on the age of assembly students. The 9am one may have been the morning class line up with something special

I'm assuming there's some sort of 'cross referencing' check in which they CAN recall other persons who were definitely there?

And assuming this questioning occurred months later - I really couldn't tell you who had been in a local cafe on a particular day while I was there months ago (and if I went in there and asked staff "tell me which days I came in here 3 months ago", I would be extremely impressed if they could) or who was in a crowd at a community/school event months ago, unless there was a meaningful/distinctive etc interaction. In which case saying "I don't remember seeing them" becomes a bit meaningless from me. (ie. I can't say for sure if "person X" was there either)

Of course 100% 'can't remember' is a bit of a pattern. I would always hope at least one person might notice my existence and say "oh yes! I smiled and said hello". Poor Bill.

I hope the photos provide a comprehensive coverage anyway and can either contradict/confirm his story.

Thankyou!! I found it and unchecked it. Glad i asked now as it was already 4 pages back

Heaps of people have commented on my opinion on that statement. I'm not denying he may have harmed other children and also children in his care. But the recent children are family members of his and are easily identified. Maybe I should of Specified that was who I meant. I'm not defending him. Im defending those kids who it is quite possible had a happy life, had already been removed from other care and now are being portrayed as abused children. Bs I believe is a bad guy. But the children may have been unaware and have been through a lot and I don't think need people saying they were probably abused too. I'm not gonna keep commenting about it though as it's not well received.

Very true, i would be exactly the same. There was one way to proove wether he was at assembly. There is a picture theatre on the opposite corner to school. Their cctv camera faces up the main street. They would have had video footage of him crossing the road to the school but because it was 4 months after the incident, the footage had bee deleted

I'm assuming there's some sort of 'cross referencing' check in which they CAN recall other persons who were definitely there?

And assuming this questioning occurred months later - I really couldn't tell you who had been in a local cafe on a particular day while I was there months ago (and if I went in there and asked staff "tell me which days I came in here 3 months ago", I would be extremely impressed if they could) or who was in a crowd at a community/school event months ago, unless there was a meaningful/distinctive etc interaction. In which case saying "I don't remember seeing them" becomes a bit meaningless from me. (ie. I can't say for sure if "person X" was there either)

Of course 100% 'can't remember' is a bit of a pattern. I would always hope at least one person might notice my existence and say "oh yes! I smiled and said hello". Poor Bill.

I hope the photos provide a comprehensive coverage anyway.

I hope the photos provide a comprehensive coverage anyway and can either contradict/confirm his story.

Just jumping off your post .... I think that teachers, and sometimes even the principal, often notice if a parent/guardian is there when a child receives an award. They usually want the best for their students, and are just as pleased as the student if a parent/guardian shows up for the special event. And just as disappointed if the parent/guardian cannot make it on that day.

Unless this child got heaps of awards, quite regularly ... then the days may all run into one another.

Plus, the police may have been onto the staff quite quickly. It sounds as if they took Spedding's statement very soon after William's disappearance.

Mr Spedding took part in a 10-page recorded interview with detectives soon after little William went missing on the day the tradesman was due to fix the toddler’s grandmother’s washing machine.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...aring-family-man/story-fnpn118l-1227193777963

In my work, i am often asked to witness signtures on statements, so i have to inital the bottom of each page, they can be long but the content is not always huge.
example of how its set out

interviewer: where you at spot x on such and such day.
person: what
interviewer: where you at spot x on such and such day.
person: no

etc can be lots of yes and no answers asking to repeat questions etc.

Exactly right Adrianna. A good case in point is Gerard Baden-Clay's bail hearing documents.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?202113-Bail-Hearing-Documents-*No-Discussion*

Heaps of people have commented on my opinion on that statement. I'm not denying he may have harmed other children and also children in his care. But the recent children are family members of his and are easily identified. Maybe I should of Specified that was who I meant. I'm not defending him. Im defending those kids who it is quite possible had a happy life, had already been removed from other care and now are being portrayed as abused children. Bs I believe is a bad guy. But the children may have been unaware and have been through a lot and I don't think need people saying they were probably abused too. I'm not gonna keep commenting about it though as it's not well received.

I agree with you Found. The three children who were in the care of BS should not be targeted with speculations of abuse at all. I'm sincerely hoping that no harm has come to them at the hands of BS. And what a tragic time for those three young boys being taken once again from one home to another, most recently from the grandparents they most probably love and trust. BS certainly has a lot to answer for and it will all be done in a court of law. In the interim, little William is still missing and if it comes to pass that BS was involved in his disappearance it will have long ranging effects on many, many innocent people within the wider family spectrum of both BS and MS.

I agree with you Found. The three children who were in the care of BS should not be targeted with speculations of abuse at all. I'm sincerely hoping that no harm has come to them at the hands of BS. And what a tragic time for those three young boys being taken once again from one home to another, most recently from the grandparents they most probably love and trust. BS certainly has a lot to answer for and it will all be done in a court of law. In the interim, little William is still missing and if it comes to pass that BS was involved in his disappearance it will have long ranging effects on many, many innocent people within the wider family spectrum of both BS and MS.

Thanks Makara. And yes I hope some of this leads to dear William 😢

If MS gave a statement as to her/their whereabouts, how can she stand by him when there are so many holes in BS's story? BS's lawyer stated that BS will defend all charges until his last breath. That's an overly dramatic statement. I wonder what's going on.

We don't know if MS actually gave a statement about anything at all. We do know that both she and BS were questioned by police during the time their properties were searched in January of this year. It's never been established if either or both of them gave a signed statement on that particular occasion. It has been reported in MSM that BS was interviewed three times by police soon after little William disappeared on 12 September 2014. MS was not questioned or interviewed on those occasions as far as I know.

Very true, i would be exactly the same. There was one way to proove wether he was at assembly. There is a picture theatre on the opposite corner to school. Their cctv camera faces up the main street. They would have had video footage of him crossing the road to the school but because it was 4 months after the incident, the footage had bee deleted
Thank you for this post! Good to know that there was a camera there.
Could it be possible that the footage was looked at soon after William's disappearance (before it was deleted) since BS was questioned early on? Especially since one of the female victims spoke up right away?

This quote is in reference to Rahma case but it equally applies to to William.

There must always be an element of surprise with our strategies so we cant always let the community know what actions we are taking Det Ins Young said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-believe-close-finding-took-little-girl.html

If a repair man had been expected at a house where a 3 year old had vanished it just seems that he would be one of the first people LE would check out. imo
He was interviewed soon after.
It could be assumed one of the questions would be "where were you between 10:00 am and 11:00am - particularly if he was expected to arrive to do the repair around that time.

I am not convinced that it took 4 months to inquire and confirm re - his whereabouts (his said coffee and presentation.)

There were inconsistencies in his whereabouts regardless of the number of pages in his interview or statement.

Inconsistent enough to contribute to the search his home and office.

IMO - the inconsistencies were known and may have been checked by LE long before the search and Colin's many interviews.

Early December BS was interviewed by FACS about his treatment of children and detectives from Port Macquarie contacted the mother of the children in his care. The same office location as task force Roseann.

Joint response - FAC's, sex crimes and homicide involved almost from the get goes.

Maybe the Facs investigation blindsided BS imo

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...l-speddings-care/story-fnpn118l-1227198878302

Thankyou!! I found it and unchecked it. Glad i asked now as it was already 4 pages back

I still feel a newbie, however I find a quick way to look back on your posts is through "my profile" on the top right of the site, hope that helps in future.

This quote is in reference to Rahma case but it equally applies to to William.

There must always be an element of surprise with our strategies so we cant always let the community know what actions we are taking Det Ins Young said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-believe-close-finding-took-little-girl.html

If a repair man had been expected at a house where a 3 year old had vanished it just seems that he would be one of the first people LE would check out. imo
He was interviewed soon after.
It could be assumed one of the questions would be "where were you between 10:00 am and 11:00am - particularly if he was expected to arrive to do the repair around that time.

I am not convinced that it took 4 months to inquire and confirm re - his whereabouts (his said coffee and presentation.)
There were inconsistencies in his whereabouts regardless of the number of pages in his interview or statement.

Inconsistent enough to contribute to the search his home and office.

IMO - the inconsistencies were known and may have been checked by LE long before the search and Colin's many interviews.

Early December BS was interviewed by FACS about his treatment of children and detectives from Port Macquarie contacted the mother of the children in his care. The same office location as task force Roseann.

Joint response - FAC's, sex crimes and homicide involved almost from the get goes.

Maybe the Facs investigation blindsided BS imo

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...l-speddings-care/story-fnpn118l-1227198878302

BBM: Totally agree Soso. In the early days of the investigation the police would have been keeping everything close to their chest. They weren't about to alert MSM that they had a POI in BS. BS became a POI due to police investigating him further, probably within days of William's disappearance, not four months hence. It was only when the news broke that the Spedding's properties were searched and that BS was in fact a POI that the information about the coffee, etc. became public.

We have no idea if it was a 10 page statement, or a 10 page interview transcript. There's quite a difference.

Is that so, regardless of what it's called it will be used against him.

LE don't call someone in to give a statement/interview transcript (taped) they can't use in court.

That may depend on the school policy, some schools won't allow photo taking and usually have a photographer who does it.
Also I have never had to sign in at the school awards ceremonies I attend but I do if I go into a classroom as a helper.

Rubbish, where and what schools in Australia don't allow taking photo's of your Children at an Award Ceremony.

Is that so, regardless of what it's called it will be used against him.

LE don't call someone in to give a statement/interview transcript (taped) they can't use in court.

Well said ThaiBali. It is in fact a statement of interview, most often recorded and then transcribed. 10 pages, 2 pages, who cares!

A police facts sheet, presented to the court last week, said Mr Spedding was “in negotiations … to regain access to” the children before his arrest.
“Police hold serious concerns for the safety of these children if the accused is once more given access,” the document said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...h-three-children/story-e6frgczx-1227322290523

It has been revealed that Bill Spedding and his wife Margaret were questioned about their treatment of children by the NSW FACS Dept .............
A FACS spokesman declined to comment on the case as it still under investigation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hildren-removed-care-time-police-swooped.html

I cannot believe there was still negotiation taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TX_TNvol