Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link to the Australian article. As I have been reading about the British police investigations into historical sexual assaults on children by people in the establishment, I read there was similar political push in the early 70's for paedophilia to be recognised and accepted as a lifestyle choice, an pushed by some in politics. Interesting times.
We were wondering about attitudes in 1987 that may have influenced decisions to [not] prosecute pedophiles. (I realise that the victims’ family is said to have wanted to save the children from further trauma, in this case.)

I was disgusted to read that, 12 short years earlier, Professor Richard Downing — in his formal position as ABC chairman – made a public representation via the Sydney Morning Herald ‘calling for an “understanding” of paedophiles in general and pederasts in particular. The Downing letter attempted to legitimise the crime of pederasty.’

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opi...vasion-of-turkey/story-fnkqo7i5-1227319082898
(See section called Alleged NSW Paedophile Ring In Action Only A Decade After One-Time ABC Chairman Called For Pederasty To Be Understood)

Just to weigh in on sentencing, my understanding also is that if you increase the incarceration penalty for sexual assaults, there is more likelihood of the victim being murdered during the assault as well. I have often thought the sentences are a mockery to the victims however they take into account the risk to the persons life by increasing sentences.

Somehow don't believe the criminal thinks about the ramifications when setting out, or is in any way deterred. But as you say, if the criminal has time to calm down, has someone captive and they are trying to decide how to proceed, then I guess they would be thinking about their sentencing.

All very icky. Glad I'm not a judge who has to think about these things in so much detail.

I was just googling for general info about pedo rings in Victoria, Australia (isn't that where they said this ring extended into?) and came across this from 2011.. pretty upsetting information about a ring busted back then (I also found one even more upsetting to me from further back but don't even want to go there).. reading this article from back then just paints such a terrible potential picture in my mind...

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/paedophile-bust-saved-children-20110316-1bxau.html

I suppose investigators from their new task force have the horrible job of going thru tons of online images to see if they come across a familiar face.. what a disturbing job that must be.

:(

I hope William is still alive for his parents' sake, BUT I dread to think what that little boy has lived through if he is in the hands of a paedophile ring. Part of me thinks that must be worse than being dead. I can't even bear the thought of what he may have had to endure. It's just so awful.

I was just googling for general info about pedo rings in Victoria, Australia (isn't that where they said this ring extended into?) and came across this from 2011.. pretty upsetting information about a ring busted back then (I also found one even more upsetting to me from further back but don't even want to go there).. reading this article from back then just paints such a terrible potential picture in my mind...

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/paedophile-bust-saved-children-20110316-1bxau.html

I suppose investigators from their new task force have the horrible job of going thru tons of online images to see if they come across a familiar face.. what a disturbing job that must be.

:(

I read one yesterday where the police are currently fighting a BIG battle in Victoria of an extended ring that gives children (that have been removed from their homes due to abuse/neglect) cigarettes, drugs, and money, for ‘favours’. Takes them to houses where multiple offenders can choose which child they want that day. Some of the children are very young.

I can’t find the exact link right now, which was a bit fuller in its content, but this one refers to it.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...nce-of-any-crime/story-e6frgczx-1226897672661

It is just sickening.

Worse to be raped by your daddy as a child. You live the rest of your life suffering daily. At least the adult getting shot in the back had thousands of truly good days in their life (and a chance at a normal life at all), unlike the four year old.

Just thinking out loud here. I'm not sure arbitrary comparisons like this are helpful. Apples and oranges, you know? Both are horrific crimes but I suspect there are many abuse survivors who would rather be alive despite their terrible experiences as a child. I don't think comparisons like this help with the stigma around child sex abuse. I understand the terrible long-lasting impact abuse has, having seen it in friends, but it shouldn't have to define someone's life or make them 'damaged' forever.

SouthAussie - That raises a good point someone asked in an earlier thread of if its a ring, why do we not hear of other kidnapped victims. The sad fact is most victims of abuse and pedophilia (and that other -ophilia that means sexual attraction to adolescents past puberty but still under age of consent) aren't kidnapped by strangers they're abused by people they know, who should be caring for them, or passed onto their abusers by people who should be caring for them. It's absolutely horrifying.

I agree Brightbird. People can be very resilient and I don't think it's always fair or helpful to assume abuse means a person is irrevocably broken forever. People can overcome terrible trauma. Not 'get over it' I'm not saying that, it will be a part of them always, but the past doesn't have to define you. It's complicated.

The ABC program Four Corners had a terrifying but compelling doco made last year on an Aussie/American couple caught participating in a worldwide pedofile ring and how they were caught (by dedicated detectives and a bit of luck). It was called "The Boy with the Henna Tattoo". It really gives a sense of what these people do and how hard it is to catch them. Worth the watch if you can stomach the sickness these people inflicted on little kids. Synopsis below before watching.

"To the world they appeared as model parents with a beautiful son. But the happy facade set up by Australian citizen Peter Truong and his American partner Mark Newton concealed the darkest of secrets.

They claimed he was their surrogate child. But Newton and Truong had actually bought him for US$8,000, the result of an unwanted pregnancy. They sexually trained and groomed their son to be exploited by a network of men around the world, known as 'Boy Lovers'. The abuse began when he was less than two years old.

Next on Four Corners, with unprecedented access, reporter Caro Meldrum-Hanna tells the inside story of the extraordinary global investigation, involving police from three continents, that finally rescued the young boy and put his parents behind bars. The program has obtained never-before-seen videos charting their lives.

With co-operation from authorities in Australia, New Zealand and the United States, Four Corners follows investigators as they uncover a global paedophile ring like no other. The program reveals how the super secret ring operated online, who its members were and how they remained hidden behind walls of sophisticated encryption for almost two decades. During that time, members of the network were able to produce millions of images and videos depicting the sexual exploitation of children. Four Corners exposes Truong's connection to this network.

Four Corners reveals how the key that unlocked the conspiracy was a henna tattoo.

This global story ends in Florida, where Meldrum-Hanna speaks with the father of the boy, Peter Truong. He is currently in a federal prison serving a 30-year-sentence for his crimes. What you will discover about him is unforgettable."

I hope William is still alive for his parents' sake, BUT I dread to think what that little boy has lived through if he is in the hands of a paedophile ring. Part of me thinks that must be worse than being dead. I can't even bear the thought of what he may have had to endure. It's just so awful.
I just hope and pray that they are still grooming, and not actually abusing.

Just chiming in, as I follow along with this case mainly as a reader.

Even if Spedding is not responsible for William's disappearance, I'm seeing the investigation of other sex crimes he may have committed as one very positive result of police efforts to find this poor little boy. Either it will clear his name for those, or hopefully put him where he belongs. Either way, good news for all and sundry (except, possibly, Spedding).

I find the apartment he rented, with a mattress and computer in it, of extreme interest.

Anyway, just really thanks to everyone again, and keep posting!

Oh, and thank you Eloise and BB for your comments above. So true. I have lived a good life, and been in reasonably good mental and emotional health, for the best part of my adult life, despite a childhood that was at times just horrific. It's very true, a lot of surivors aren't just 'surviving' but living full and balanced lives, despite whatever the past has done to us, despite what damage remains.

And indeed, in some places, that 'damage' has proven to in time hold its gifts.

Love to all our inner childs. <3

The ABC program Four Corners had a terrifying but compelling doco made last year on an Aussie/American couple caught participating in a worldwide pedofile ring and how they were caught (by dedicated detectives and a bit of luck). It was called "The Boy with the Henna Tattoo". It really gives a sense of what these people do and how hard it is to catch them. Worth the watch if you can stomach the sickness these people inflicted on little kids. Synopsis below before watching.

"To the world they appeared as model parents with a beautiful son. But the happy facade set up by Australian citizen Peter Truong and his American partner Mark Newton concealed the darkest of secrets.

They claimed he was their surrogate child. But Newton and Truong had actually bought him for US$8,000, the result of an unwanted pregnancy. They sexually trained and groomed their son to be exploited by a network of men around the world, known as 'Boy Lovers'. The abuse began when he was less than two years old.

Next on Four Corners, with unprecedented access, reporter Caro Meldrum-Hanna tells the inside story of the extraordinary global investigation, involving police from three continents, that finally rescued the young boy and put his parents behind bars. The program has obtained never-before-seen videos charting their lives.

With co-operation from authorities in Australia, New Zealand and the United States, Four Corners follows investigators as they uncover a global paedophile ring like no other. The program reveals how the super secret ring operated online, who its members were and how they remained hidden behind walls of sophisticated encryption for almost two decades. During that time, members of the network were able to produce millions of images and videos depicting the sexual exploitation of children. Four Corners exposes Truong's connection to this network.

Four Corners reveals how the key that unlocked the conspiracy was a henna tattoo.

This global story ends in Florida, where Meldrum-Hanna speaks with the father of the boy, Peter Truong. He is currently in a federal prison serving a 30-year-sentence for his crimes. What you will discover about him is unforgettable."

I have watched that, so disturbing. I often wonder how that little boy is going

Hi, when I want to write something I have to go to advanced, anyone else having this problem xx

And so now it comes down to a struggle between Gary Jubelin, his team, and the person who most probably abducted William Tyrrell. The bad, big-city detective versus the paedophile. &#8220;I&#8217;ll never give up,&#8221; warns the detective.

When this article was published BS was a declared person of interest. He is now charged as an accussed paedophile.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

I could use the 'thanks' button like a 'like' button on almost every single post I have read on this thread over the last few days. It's such a sad world when paedophiles and their vile actions are a topic of conversation, it's something that shouldn't even exist for us to talk about. But what I can see within these conversations is that as human beings we have this innate desire to care for and nurture the vulnerable. And not just our own kin, I see posters talking about wanting to protect children they don't even know and wishing for brighter futures for perfect strangers. We are a small group of people in a big world, but there will be other small groups of people in this big world having similar discussions and sharing the same instincts to protect and nurture. Surely one day this will transfer over to our judicial system. Surely one day the filth of this earth will lose their rights to privacy and protection and our vulnerable won't be so vulnerable.

Thankyou Ausgirl....thought it was a conspiracy to stop me posting when I get cranky lol
:loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member