Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add:
JMO -
.... we all know that it is possible to tell the truth, while omitting a particular crucial fact;
.... we all know that it is possible to lie by omission .... but decide to spill the beans a bit later (when finding out that there is a witness to the event that was not previously revealed).

Agree but I think it's a pretty big thing to leave out of her first police interview. JMO

RSBM

Did she lie about going on the drive? No, she had told Police about the drive in her walkthrough a few days after William vanished.

In the footage that was filmed during the walkthrough at the Kendall home where William was last seen alive, the foster mother gave police an account of what happened the day he disappeared.

"I get to the riding school and I just think, 'he's not here'," she told police at the time.

"Then I bring the car back up and I just run out and look for him again."
Then she said she saw a "semi-trailer coming down really fast and ... he (the driver) thought I pulled over, because he acknowledged me saying thanks for pulling over, but I pulled over because I had just got my head out the window looking for William".

We are yet to find out if she lied about what she did on that drive.

Her tense is so strange in these comments. Could be deception, could just be poor grammar. Eitherway, strange. JMO

Police have found an old hessian bag buried about one metre under the ground on the sixth day of the search for the remains of missing three-year-old William Tyrrell.

Possibly a hessian bag could be used to conceal and use to transport items in a boot of a car. MOO
This is adjacent to a former riding school. Seems much more likely to be an old horse feed bag that blew away.

When did GPS tracking on heavy vehicles become mandatory? The act was passed 2013 but I can’t see when it was actually a requirement. And there are exceptions too.

Would be some nice, clear data.
Was thinking about this too. I wonder if they've somehow gotten some historical GPS data from a truck that shows the time discrepancies with Foster Mother's story JMO

FFC's 1st signed and sworn Statement to Police occurred on 14/9/2014 and the detective at that time was Vanessa Partridge. No mention of car drive.

The interview/video was shot on 16/9/2014. Mentioning car drive.

Craddock mentioned this at the inquest. <modsnip>

The theory is that between her first sworn statement and her second walkthrough statement on video, that police mentioned that somebody had seen her near the riding school which caused her to change her story.

Very mysterious indeed. JMO!
BBM, do you have a link for that please?

Last edited by a moderator:
The theory is that between her first sworn statement and her second walkthrough statement on video, that police mentioned that somebody had seen her near the riding school which caused her to change her story.

Considering that due to privacy of the foster family's identities at that stage, who would know that it was FM driving on Batar Creek Road that morning?

It is not something we have heard from any of the neighbours who possibly might recognise her from previous visits. Not something we have heard in any testimony at all.

Doesn't seem like a sound theory.

I would really like to know if this theory is based on any real evidence ???

Is there a note in the case file saying there was a witness, back in week one of the investigation ??? That had potentially been overlooked by Police ???

Or is just a rumour <modsnip>

IMO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> I remember foster mother making a statement somewhere about it being a big semi trailer.
I wonder if she concocted the whole truck driver story and it was someone else that saw her there?
JMO

I would really like to know if this theory is based on any real evidence ???

Is there a note in the case file saying there was a witness, back in week one of the investigation ??? That had potentially been overlooked by Police ???

Or is just a rumour <modsnip>

IMO
<modsnip> Realistically speaking, only the police have all of the evidence in this matter. Enough evidence that they think the foster mother should be charged.
We can only really speculate until the trial if there is one, if we're privvy to the proceedings ☺️

Yes, but unless the driver can identify her, it would be difficult to establish that it was the right truck.
Kendall is such a small place where I assume most people know most people.
Seems to make more sense that a local might have seen the foster grandmother's car and identified the foster mother that way. Wild speculation of course.

<modsnip> Realistically speaking, only the police have all of the evidence in this matter. Enough evidence that they think the foster mother should be charged.
We can only really speculate until the trial if there is one, if we're privvy to the proceedings ☺️
Respectfully, I think you may have missed one of my points….

I would really like to know if there is any truth behind that story, as it implies, that possibly, concerning information was in the case file from the very beginning, and possibly overlooked by Police for many years ….

I do believe that everything that was released by the Coroner was done for strategic purposes, including that FM drive …. And the publicity of the “big dig” was trying to get witnesses to come forward ….. (and your theory would suggest they already had a witness)

Of course Police have a load more evidence than we know about, and I firmly believe they have something significant in order to be pursuing charges via the DPP…. But can they prove it all beyond reasonable doubt after 10 years? Only time will tell ….

All MOO

Considering that due to privacy of the foster family's identities at that stage, who would know that it was FM driving on Batar Creek Road that morning?

It is not something we have heard from any of the neighbours who possibly might recognise her from previous visits. Not something we have heard in any testimony at all.

Doesn't seem like a sound theory.
If FGM car was seen, an observer may have thought it was FGM herself driving it?

JMO

Respectfully, I think you may have missed one of my points….

I would really like to know if there is any truth behind that story, as it implies, that possibly, concerning information was in the case file from the very beginning, and possibly overlooked by Police for many years ….

I do believe that everything that was released by the Coroner was done for strategic purposes, including that FM drive …. And the publicity of the “big dig” was trying to get witnesses to come forward ….. (and your theory would suggest they already had a witness)

Of course Police have a load more evidence than we know about, and I firmly believe they have something significant in order to be pursuing charges via the DPP…. But can they prove it all beyond reasonable doubt after 10 years? Only time will tell ….

All MOO
Its a known police strategy to use the media to apply external pressure while a POI is under surveillance to elicit chatter or a confession. IMO, the big dig and the access by media may have well been done for this reason. We also know that the Foster Parents have been under surveillance and were during this time, so that lends some credibility to this theory.

Because the case has been such a mess from the get go, especially with Jubelin focusing on unrelated parties, etc it stands to reason that the new investigators would be very wary about proceeding with charges without substantial evidence with a strong possibility of conviction. MOO.

The other thing that concerns me is that the drive was also left out of all subsequent interviews when the story of William’s disappearance and search for him was re-told.
JMO
Agree. It's disconcerting that it's been left out of the majority of statements except the 22 second video interview released by the coroner during the inquest. I can't help but think the release of this was strategic.

I wonder if this is why the Lia Harris podcast was subpoenaed? MOO

Last edited:
In relation to the 'big dig' be announced:
https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...h/news-story/5cafc909112041ee83736ee285ea7b8a

BBM and underline by me:

“This activity is in response to evidence we have obtained in the course of the investigation, not speculative in any way, we are acting on behalf of the coroner and in conjunction with the colonial orders, she will be kept updated with regard to our progress,” Mr Bennett said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HazardPay