Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecutors expect to know by January whether charges will be laid over William Tyrrell’s disappearance, a court has heard.

... 'whether' being the operative word.

I'm still thinking that the reason this has been so drawn out is that the DPP does not want to proceed with the charges suggested by the police.

IMO, had the charges been strong (i.e. considered to be provable beyond reasonable doubt) then the DPP would have gone ahead with them by now.

William Tyrrell inquest to be advised on foster mother’s potential charges​

The Director of Public Prosecutions will give advice by January next year on the viability of laying charges against William Tyrrell’s foster mother, a court has been told, after police submitted a brief of evidence suggesting the woman could be charged with concealing the toddler’s accidental death.

When William Tyrrell's foster mother will learn her fate: Bombshell twist in the mystery of Australia's most missing person's case​

What's the "Bombshell twist "? :rolleyes:

Interesting FA is still listening in......

Convicted paedophile, Frank Abbott, who had previously been a witness at the inquest, tuned into the hearing from Long Bay jail. The 80-year-old's walker was stashed in the back of his prison video booth.

We make it clear that the request for advice has nothing to do with the inquest. (It's) not a coronial referral, it did not come from counsel assisting team,' he said.

Coroner Graham said that the matter should be finalised before the inquest's next directions date, 23 February 2024, well ahead of the final tranche of hearings, between March 4 and 15 next year.

Last edited:

When William Tyrrell's foster mother will learn her fate: Bombshell twist in the mystery of Australia's most missing person's case​

Outside the court a lawyer representing the foster parents, Rylie Hahn of Marsdens Lawyers, read a statement saying, they were 'calling for the disclosure of evidence which police suggests form the basis of criminal proceedings.

What's the "Bombshell twist "? :rolleyes:

Interesting FA is still listening in......

Convicted paedophile, Frank Abbott, who had previously been a witness at the inquest, tuned into the hearing from Long Bay jail. The 80-year-old's walker was stashed in the back of his prison video booth.

We make it clear that the request for advice has nothing to do with the inquest. (It's) not a coronial referral, it did not come from counsel assisting team,' he said.

Coroner Graham said that the matter should be finalised before the inquest's next directions date, 23 February 2024, well ahead of the final tranche of hearings, between March 4 and 15 next year.

Might be a bombshell for that publication. That the inquest is going to resume. That FM has not been charged by the DPP. That the publication may have to wait until January to know how the DPP has decided.

Or ... it might be click bait. Hahaha :D

And, yes, it is very interesting that FA is still all set up to listen to the inquest proceedings.
Seems to indicate that the Coroner has not ruled him out.

IMO a reasonable person would believe if there was no evidence against the FM then the recommendation to not proceed would have been made quickly by the DPP.

I think the DPP are considering if there is enough evidence to proceed with a successful prosecution.

Even if they don’t proceed it does not mean there is no involvement by FM.

IMO a reasonable person would understand the Police have something pointing to the FM.

I was under the impression that FA wasn't a witness, as stated in this article, I thought he was a POI as he decided to represent himself. As I understand it only interested parties are permitted to be represented.

So does this mean that he is still a POI according to the Coroner?

IMO

William Tyrrell inquest to be advised on foster mother’s potential charges​

The Director of Public Prosecutions will give advice by January next year on the viability of laying charges against William Tyrrell’s foster mother, a court has been told, after police submitted a brief of evidence suggesting the woman could be charged with concealing the toddler’s accidental death.

From your link to SMH article

Craddock said a list of issues that will be examined in the new hearing will be circulated closer to the date.

IMO a reasonable person would believe if there was no evidence against the FM then the recommendation to not proceed would have been made quickly by the DPP.

I think the DPP are considering if there is enough evidence to proceed with a successful prosecution.

IMO a reasonable person would understand the Police have something pointing to the FM.
And IMO, a reasonable person could infer, that if the DPP find there is no evidence that the FFC had any involvement, than a reasonable person could infer that she is not guilty JMO

I was under the impression that FA wasn't a witness, as stated in this article, I thought he was a POI as he decided to represent himself. As I understand it only interested parties are permitted to be represented.

So does this mean that he is still a POI according to the Coroner?

IMO
I was wondering if he’d requested to be a part of the inquest hearing today, or if it’s the coroners decision to have him attend (albeit virtually)?
Things went quiet on FA when the FFC became the police’s POI, but there are plenty of things surrounding him that never seemed to be explained - including why he was ruled a poi and then suddenly attention shifted to FFC. I assumed this was due to the ‘new evidence’ the detectives were working with, but without knowing what it is it’s hard to say he was ruled out conclusively. His appearance today raises a lot of questions for myself, have to imagine even if the police have seemingly shifted their interest from him that the coroner has either still got questions about him OR he was a ‘witness’ to some of this new evidence, (witness as mentioned in the article linked above). All Imo

agree

FM isn't/ hasn't being cleared is the most relevant point of the day.

There is something problematic pointing at her.

She is not being ruled out. (cleared)

The focus of she hasn't been charged so nothing to see here is a falsehood.

moo

Last edited:

Prosecutors set deadline for charges over William Tyrrell disappearance​

The court also heard details of a heated confrontation between the foster mother and two police officers involved in the case.
The court heard that Sergeant Scott Jamieson told the woman: “You will have to live with it. Today is the day you make a decision for William.
“We understand decisions have been made for different people for different reasons.
“We aren’t guessing, we aren’t bluffing.
“We know why, we know how, we know where he is.”
https://www.kidspot.com.au/parentin...t/news-story/1df02fcbee063346e86aef6430ac7944

agree

FM isn't/ hasn't being cleared is the most relevant point of the day.

There is something problematic pointing at her.

She is not being ruled out. (cleared)

The focus of she hasn't been charged so nothing to see here is a falsehood.
How is that the point of the day? It was just a directions hearing, nobody was being “cleared” today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay