Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obviously they don't know where he is, they would have found him. IMO

It's been some time since he said that.

How is that the point of the day? It was just a directions hearing, nobody was being “cleared” today

I think the point of the day is that Craddock made it very clear that the Coroner had nothing to do with the police brief being handed to the DPP for an opinion.

The articles say that Craddock approached the DPP recently, and they said "by January". Yet he still went ahead with a Directions Hearing now, and an inquest resumption date. Probably to get the inquest date onto the calendar because they want to wrap this matter up.

I wonder if it was expressed to Craddock that charges were unlikely.

I think we have seen clearly that the assaults on William’s sister were escalating.

How violent did you want the assaults to become before she was removed?

IMO she “sure as heck” was removed for her own protection.
IMO I absolutely disagree that she was removed for ‘her own protection’, if that was true, it would have been done 11 months prior!! MOO

When William Tyrrell's foster mother will learn her fate: Bombshell twist in the mystery of Australia's most missing person's case​

What's the "Bombshell twist "? :rolleyes:

Interesting FA is still listening in......

Convicted paedophile, Frank Abbott, who had previously been a witness at the inquest, tuned into the hearing from Long Bay jail. The 80-year-old's walker was stashed in the back of his prison video booth.

We make it clear that the request for advice has nothing to do with the inquest. (It's) not a coronial referral, it did not come from counsel assisting team,' he said.

Coroner Graham said that the matter should be finalised before the inquest's next directions date, 23 February 2024, well ahead of the final tranche of hearings, between March 4 and 15 next year.

When William Tyrrell's foster mother will learn her fate: Bombshell twist in the mystery of Australia's most missing person's case​

What's the "Bombshell twist "? :rolleyes:

Interesting FA is still listening in......

Convicted paedophile, Frank Abbott, who had previously been a witness at the inquest, tuned into the hearing from Long Bay jail. The 80-year-old's walker was stashed in the back of his prison video booth.

We make it clear that the request for advice has nothing to do with the inquest. (It's) not a coronial referral, it did not come from counsel assisting team,' he said.

Coroner Graham said that the matter should be finalised before the inquest's next directions date, 23 February 2024, well ahead of the final tranche of hearings, between March 4 and 15 next year.
MOO - I personally find it abhorrent that he is allowed to follow & access information about this case.

If he may be going to be recommended for prosecution, I think the Coroner has to have him still as an Interested Party.
So he gets to have his jollies by sitting in.
Or he may be called up to give evidence at the next tranche?

He never did get on the stand, just watched & cross examined witnesses, argued with them etc ( much to his pleasure IMO ) :rolleyes:

I recommend that people look at the above link:

Prosecution guidelines of the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions for New South Wales​

particularly number 4 "The Decision to Prosecute".

Pretty sure most of us have read it.
We had a discussion about what "public interest" means, back in July this year.

Eg:
The public interest does not mean those things or cases in which the public are interested. Nor is it, necessarily, the public’s view or opinion on whether a prosecution should progress. Link

The public interest factors to be considered will vary from case to case, but may include:

• whether the offence is serious or trivial;
  • any mitigating or aggravating circumstances;
  • the youth, age, intelligence, physical health, mental health or special vulnerability of the alleged offender, witness or victim;
  • the alleged offender’s antecedents and background;
  • the passage of time since the alleged offence;
  • the availability and efficacy of any alternatives to prosecution;
  • the prevalence of the alleged offence and the need for general and personal deterrence;
  • the attitude of the victim;
  • the need to give effect to regulatory or punitive imperatives; and
  • the likely outcome in the event of a finding of guilt.
CDPP Prosecution Policy

"We aren't bluffing" "We know why, we know how, we know where he is" - ie, bluffing, because if you really knew all that for real we wouldn't still all be here
There will be no charges by January. JMO, IMO etc

Free ABC Article

In a directions hearing on Friday, Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame said the inquest into William's disappearance would resume next year after being adjourned in October 2020.

Wow, a stark reminder that it's now 3 full years since the Coroner pulled stumps on that Inquest.

A reminder of what was planned to occur back then:

Deputy State Coroner Grahame will hand down her findings at the NSW Coroner's Court on June 18, 2021.

Future dates…

Coroner Graham said that the matter should be finalised before the inquest's next directions date, February 23, 2024, well ahead of the final tranche of hearings, between March 4 and 15 next year.

If he may be going to be recommended for prosecution, I think the Coroner has to have him still as an Interested Party.
So he gets to have his jollies by sitting in.
And because he chose to represent himself, without legal counsel….
So yes still an interested party ….and may still be called to give evidence..

imo

Interesting the Police Prosecutor, John Marsh, was there…..

On Friday, the head of the task force investigating the William Tyrrell case, Strike Force Rosann Commander Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw and two of his team, Detective Sergeants Andrew Lonergan and John Marsh arrived early at the Lidcombe coroners' complex.

Soon after, the foster parents arrived and slipped quickly into the building.

Counsel Assisting the Coroner, Gerard Craddock, told the court the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) had recently received "an issue for advice" from NSW Police, which "has nothing to do with the inquest".

The inquest will not go ahead if criminal charges are laid into William's disappearance.

"Given that we have the matter listed for two weeks commencing March 4 next year, we wrote to the DPP who very reasonably advised us that it expects its work to be completed and advice delivered to NSW Police by the end of January 2024," Mr Craddock said.

I'd love to know why the DDP needs another four months to arrive at the requested advice. Sounds to me like it's at the bottom of big pile of other cases --- ones with real chances of going ahead.

Interesting the Police Prosecutor, John Marsh, was there…..

On Friday, the head of the task force investigating the William Tyrrell case, Strike Force Rosann Commander Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw and two of his team, Detective Sergeants Andrew Lonergan and John Marsh arrived early at the Lidcombe coroners' complex.

Soon after, the foster parents arrived and slipped quickly into the building.

I have to wonder if Laidlaw and the Coroner are even moving in the same direction.

Laidlaw has John Marsh come with him to the inquest.
Craddock makes a point of stating that the Coronial team has nothing to do with the request for advice to the DPP.

I thought Laidlaw was the manager of the Coronial police investigation unit (as well as head of the cold case unit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member