Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard, Kendall (NSW), Sept 2014 #76

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting to read about tracker Jake Cassar's thoughts. He was involved in the initial search and believes it's possible William was missed.

"Mr Cassar said investigators shouldn’t discount the possibility that the hundreds of officers deployed to the search area in 2014 simply missed William or tracks left by him at the time".

And Jake thinks they didn't search far enough. Which could be the case, also.

I just read an article about a 3 year old who wandered 3½ km away then holed up in a shed to keep warm and dry. He was discovered by the property owners 2 days after he went missing. If it wasn't thunderstorming, I wonder if he might have travelled even further away from home.
How missing boy, 3, survived two days alone in bush in poor weather

Last edited:
And Jake thinks they didn't search far enough. Which could be the case, also.

I just read an article about a 3 year old who wandered 3½ km away then holed up in a shed to keep warm and dry. He was discovered by the property owners 2 days after he went missing. If it wasn't thunderstorming, I wonder if he might have travelled even further away from home.
How missing boy, 3, survived two days alone in bush in poor weather

In my reading about the behavior of lost people, I've noticed many times that kids below the age of 6 or so tend to survive because, instead of panicking and running around in wide circles, or heading off in random directions sometimes for many miles, they tend to curl up under shelter and fall asleep.

It makes the job of searchers far easier to find a lost person if they simply stop and camp once they realize that they are lost. In order to do that adults have to overcome strong psychological urges that tell them to run. Even highly experienced trekkers have caused their own demise by not being able to resist such urges.

Possibly 'the bible' on this topic is the book Lost Person Behavior by Dr. Kenneth Hill. I can highly recommend it.

Last edited:

In this unmissable special television event produced by TV Blackbox co-owner Robert McKnight, reporter Liam Bartlett will be accompanied by a panel of eminent crime experts.

Mark Morri, News Corp’s most senior crime reporter who first broke the news on the investigation into the foster mother; accomplished homicide detective Charlie Bezzina; and investigative author Caroline Overington, will together weave through the complex maze of this baffling case.

In this unmissable special television event produced by TV Blackbox co-owner Robert McKnight, reporter Liam Bartlett will be accompanied by a panel of eminent crime experts.

Mark Morri, News Corp’s most senior crime reporter who first broke the news on the investigation into the foster mother; accomplished homicide detective Charlie Bezzina; and investigative author Caroline Overington, will together weave through the complex maze of this baffling case.
Love Charlie Bezzina

i notice watching the ch7 tv ad for sunday nights programme, they mention cuts and bruises on william

I read the article and watched the video but can’t see anything about cuts and bruises?

They are promising not just a twist but a SURPRISE TWIST!

Then it's a DRAMATIC twist ... and so far it's a load of old news rehashed. IMO, the panel is underwhelming. This program confirms for me why I haven't bothered turning on the TV for years.

Well, that turned out to be your typical tabloid television. So much for cuts and bruises.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members