Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard, Kendall (NSW), Sept 2014 #76

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries. I knew that, but temporarily forgot. I had remembered a report of a child care incident.

Just watching people going to town and having William stuffing dice in his mouth, and dying from being chased - and these court cases being because a child was not misbehaving. It is like watching an unreality show. imo
Williams thread has certainly had its share of 'watching an unreality show'.

Like when Bill Spedding must have done it because he had a spiderman toy in his van.
Like PS stuffed him in under the pool.
Like the beer yarn that got legs about a little boy wearing a spiderman suit in the back of car flying around the corner.
thats not even getting warmed up.

Guess it just depends who is the accused of the day as to how offensive the posts are.

'These court cases being because a child was not misbehaving"
Are you saying SA that the child abuse charges pled guilty by FM are the childs fault?
(Not to put words in your mouth but some clarity here would clear up that statement.)
Because those words say that to me.

As we have said so many times before, if William's black eye happened at child care as has been reported, the child care centre would have had an incident report on file.

And if it didn't happen at the child care centre, and the centre suspected abuse, child care centres are mandatory reporters.

People are going to be hard pressed to try to link a 3 year old's black eye (7 years prior) with bad behaviour by a pre-teen being very poorly managed. No matter what country they live in.
Yeah I distinctly recall that bruise being reported as being from a child care centre, for which there would have been incident reports on file.

I have said before that the FM strikes me as being a controlling type person. This quote from the police recordings of her seals that opinion for me:

“Look at me. I am stronger, I’ve done this before, I’ll keep doing this again. I will outlast you. You keep pushing me [child], I will go harder … your choice.”

And IMO the quotes from father tell me that neither of these people were suited temperamentally to the role of foster parents.

Having read the quoted recordings, I am now not at all surprised that police have decided that the FM was involved in WT's disappearance.

Going by the reported/leaked charges apparently under consideration by the ODPP, I'm not convinced that police have a winnable case, but I am not surprised that they have her firmly in their sights.

I'm also wondering if the ODPP is awaiting the evidence and outcomes of these various cases involving the FM (have lost track of the number myself) before deciding to prosecute or not to prosecute.

RSBM

IMO, the Police will want more than a just Community Service Order, as it clearly showed they charged her but showed no concern for the Child's safety as they wanted more evidence on other matter.

Seems that the police were listening for about a year.

FM pled guilty to an assault in Jan 2021
FM pled guilty to an assault in Oct 2021 Link

As you say, the child's safety was of a lesser concern to them. They said in an old article that they were 'actively monitoring' yet the Oct 2021 assault happened.

Prosecutor John Marsh told the court the pair's home and cars were bugged for about a year, as part of the police investigation into William's disappearance.

I appreciate your outside sources that said girl possibly unconfirmed behaviour issues.
kids all over the world do.

begs the question does it justify child abuse?

NO.

I said the same in my post. And to answer your question - NO.

I am still not convinced that they are responsible for Williams disappearance. I do believe however that the FP's were extremely stressed and traumatised by what happened to him. The sister should have been removed a long time ago to let them deal with the trauma, come to terms with what happened and receive intensive counselling without having to raise a child ( and her trauma) and the challenges that come with parenthood. It was all too much imo.

Again I am not excusing their behaviour but I am trying to look at it in a different way.

I am still not convinced that they are responsible for Williams disappearance. I do believe however that the FP's were extremely stressed and traumatised by what happened to him. The sister should have been removed a long time ago to let them deal with the trauma, come to terms with what happened and receive intensive counselling without having to raise a child ( and her trauma) and the challenges that come with parenthood. It was all too much imo.

Again I am not excusing their behaviour but I am trying to look at it in a different way.
JMO - They must have felt they were sufficiently competent to foster the other child.

JMO - They must have felt they were sufficiently competent to foster the other child.
I guess they did, but surely the agencies have trauma counsellors, psychologists or even psychiatrists who should step in and make a decision. This is such a traumatic experience and if this was me I would need to go into a mental health facility for a while I could not continue as per normal with work etc etc

I guess they did, but surely the agencies have trauma counsellors, psychologists or even psychiatrists who should step in and make a decision. This is such a traumatic experience and if this was me I would need to go into a mental health facility for a while I could not continue as per normal with work etc etc

You would think that, imagining that they have the training they need, that someone would have picked up something in one of their meetings. Does anyone know how often these meetings take place? Or if they do?

Just a question - what sort of behaviour would you accept as being unacceptable? What would drive you over the edge? Knowing that is after your foster child had vanished (or whatever). Just how much would you accept as acceptable?
There is zero room for going over the edge and parenting.

If you can't handle having kids...especially when they are not even yours at the end of the day.....
get out of the kitchen if you can't handle the heat.
There are and where outs.
Her bio mother wanted her desperately.
Just for starters.

Let's not forget deep back in the threads and threads of william.

FM couldn't handle William.
She was not coping with him.
It was all suggestable to the social worker he was the problem...he doesn't love me..he lashes out at me...he has behavioural issues.....

pattern see??

He was 3. and she couldn't cope.

Now we see publically, clearly how she doesn't cope.

The media will never be able to provide context about what happened. Because they will never be able to speak of what led up to the two assaults. As they involve a child.

But the police can shoulder some of the blame here. They left the child for many months in circumstances for which they (much) later laid charges. The child and the FP could have avoided everything they have been charged with, except the first incident.

There is zero room for going over the edge and parenting.

If you can't handle having kids...especially when they are not even yours at the end of the day.....
get out of the kitchen if you can't handle the heat.
There are and where outs.
Her bio mother wanted her desperately.
Just for starters.

Let's not forget deep back in the threads and threads of william.

FM couldn't handle William.
She was not coping with him.
It was all suggestable to the social worker he was the problem...he doesn't love me..he lashes out at me...he has behavioural issues.....

pattern see??

He was 3. and she couldn't cope.

Now we see publically, clearly how she doesn't cope.

Sooo, I won't mention all the bio mothers that have killed their OWN children. Is that OK? Many Mothers Bio or otherwise can't handle 'their children'.

But there is a limit to everyone's mental ability, IMO.

Things seem fine, then you suddenly have a pre-teen - are you prepared for this? I don't think any course on earth can prepare you for that - every pre-teen is different.

Mental health is problematic. We don't have the services available to recognise how much of this is in our community.

If FACS (or whoever they call themselves these days) had the right people in the right places, it would have been noticed. IMO.

I'm not excusing anyone for their behaviour, Adult or Child. But more mental health services are very much in need.

The media will never be able to provide context about what happened. Because they will never be able to speak of what led up to the two assaults. As they involve a child.

But the police can shoulder some of the blame here. They left the child for many months in circumstances for which they (much) later laid charges. The child and the FP could have avoided everything they have been charged with, except the first incident.

I so agree with you SA. The Police can take much of the blame for the child being in that situation.

Were both William and his sister under Permanent Care Orders with the Dept of Child Services??? IIRC William’s sister was???

If so, there is no reversing those orders until the child turns 18 ….

Children can go different foster carers in that time, but they can never go back to their biological family, no matter how much they would like that …

That is my understanding of the QLD legislation .. and I assume Permanent Care Orders would be the same in NSW…

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member