Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard, Kendall (NSW), Sept 2014 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

In the walkthrough FF potentially has some bad hay fever.

Anyone in here have knowledge about asthma and spring. Any knowledge on how Williams asthma was triggered.

I’m curious if he would have had asthma when he was last seen and what the asthma plan is for someone so little. I know lots of parents don’t like to use steroids at that age.
There's this . . .

He told the court that William had asthma and could get wheezy “if he’s under walking stress or a lot of activity”, but did not have allergies to plants.
Asked if there was “anything at Benaroon Drive that brought on an asthma attack”, he replied, “No”.

I think I've also read that there was a graded plan for treating the asthma involving two or three different medicines. I think, a daily treatment, and something for when he had symptoms, and something else for emergencies.

If William died at FGM's from an asthma attack, I don't know why he would have been disappeared. Even if he'd been locked out or something like that and FFC didn't want to admit it. Just change the story a little bit. Unless they'd forgotten to bring his daily medicine perhaps? Would that have been checked out anyway?

Or if he died of asthma having walked into the bush, it seems he wouldn't have got far enough not to have been found by searchers.

These latest testimonies have definitely changed the scene in my head from the morning W went missing. For a long time I used to picture a bit of a lazy morning at home, where they played with the bikes and did colouring in after watching cartoons in bed. Sure, it had the typical moments of parenting, some frustration with crashing bikes and not being too loud so that the FF’s mother wasn’t woken too early, but it was normal. ‘Dad’ went off for a meeting and errand and everyone else stayed home playing with the kids and catching up over a cup of tea.

Now the picture in my head is one where tensions are high, threats made about behaving ‘correctly’ were physical and scary. Kids misbehaving were locked outside. Told they’re ‘little *advertiser censored*’. Told the wooden spoon will come out if they’re not quiet. Was daddy/mummy tiger what they threatened the kids with? ‘Roaring’ at them in anger? ‘If you do that then daddy tiger will come out and yell at you’?
The last roar picture isn’t one of play if you ask me. There is no twinkle in his eye. No engagement with whoever is taking the photo.

It’s made my imagination run wild and has really changed the way I’ve ever thought about anything that has been reported happening that morning.

Hearing that William was ‘bouncing out of his skull’ has really stuck out to me too. What an odd turn of phrase. Bouncing out of his skin, maybe. I wonder what made the word ‘skull’ slip out instead.

Moo
Always felt Grandma was overcompensating.
Especially when FM and FF had leaked out from their versions William had been trying their nerves in actual fact.
And we can all see now how they BOTH react to kids getting on their nerves.

They banked on the ludicrous idea about abduction because it was a fear they had to live with because the bio's had absconded with William when they were supposed to give him up.
It was on their mind.
They figured the bio's would get the rap for it IMO.
Backfired quickly though when bio dad and bio mum where accounted for immediately.

Next up the poor repair man......then the neighbour...... then ANY dodgy dude quietly living his life doing nothing to anyone.

Really dispicable to know you did something so horrific....hide it and then try and pin it on any innocent person you can.

Redflag #2. FM little trip in FGM car she forget to tell the police about.
We only know because somebody seen her.

There's this . . .

He told the court that William had asthma and could get wheezy “if he’s under walking stress or a lot of activity”, but did not have allergies to plants.
Asked if there was “anything at Benaroon Drive that brought on an asthma attack”, he replied, “No”.

I think I've also read that there was a graded plan for treating the asthma involving two or three different medicines. I think, a daily treatment, and something for when he had symptoms, and something else for emergencies.

If William died at FGM's from an asthma attack, I don't know why he would have been disappeared. Even if he'd been locked out or something like that and FFC didn't want to admit it. Just change the story a little bit. Unless they'd forgotten to bring his daily medicine perhaps? Would that have been checked out anyway?

Or if he died of asthma having walked into the bush, it seems he wouldn't have got far enough not to have been found by searchers.
A medical episode is not anyone's fault or a chargeable offence.

To cover it up, has to have nefarious reasons :(

There's this . . .

Unless he had bruises that were hard to explain? MOO

ETA
From memory Ff went to pharmacy that morning… do we know if he needed to get asthma medicine for William.

Which is exactly why the police should have sorted this out in Jan '21, and not left the child in that position.

If anyone thinks that I am not concerned about this child's mental wellbeing and future, then they are missing the whole point of my posts about this.

There is no further "threshold" for passing this case onto a child abuse unit or reporting it to the DCJ. As a foster child, the child was not to be smacked.

Smacking was the threshold. The police passed by that threshold in Jan '21.

I know you care SA about this child and WT. It’s a case that means a lot to you.

I wonder if the threshold they are referring to is not the threshold for reporting but threshold for removal of a child.

These latest testimonies have definitely changed the scene in my head from the morning W went missing. For a long time I used to picture a bit of a lazy morning at home, where they played with the bikes and did colouring in after watching cartoons in bed. Sure, it had the typical moments of parenting, some frustration with crashing bikes and not being too loud so that the FF’s mother wasn’t woken too early, but it was normal. ‘Dad’ went off for a meeting and errand and everyone else stayed home playing with the kids and catching up over a cup of tea.

Now the picture in my head is one where tensions are high, threats made about behaving ‘correctly’ were physical and scary. Kids misbehaving were locked outside. Told they’re ‘little *advertiser censored*’. Told the wooden spoon will come out if they’re not quiet. Was daddy/mummy tiger what they threatened the kids with? ‘Roaring’ at them in anger? ‘If you do that then daddy tiger will come out and yell at you’?
The last roar picture isn’t one of play if you ask me. There is no twinkle in his eye. No engagement with whoever is taking the photo.

It’s made my imagination run wild and has really changed the way I’ve ever thought about anything that has been reported happening that morning.

Hearing that William was ‘bouncing out of his skull’ has really stuck out to me too. What an odd turn of phrase. Bouncing out of his skin, maybe. I wonder what made the word ‘skull’ slip out instead.

Moo
I for my part never had the impression, it was a nice and relaxed morning, how one would expect it to be at grandmas. Everything was strenuous to all 5 involved, so it seemed to me, although probably only half of it was described by FFC and in a euphemistic way. IMO

There's this . . .

maybe he had old bruises, signs of abuse, so he had to be hidden?

I wonder if the threshold they are referring to is not the threshold for reporting but threshold for removal of a child.

No, the "threshold" was about investigating the abuse. Which seems ridiculous for Ogilvy to say.
Of course the threshold was passed for DCJ or another relevant unit to look at the situation when a foster child had knowingly been struck.

Every time I hear a post-Jan '21 detail, I cringe for the child. It could have been stopped.

Detective Sean Ogilvy was repeatedly asked why he had not handed this incident over to another unit, like the one that investigates child abuse.

He replied that it had not passed the threshold for other units to investigate.

Last edited:

Moo
I for my part never had the impression, it was a nice and relaxed morning, how one would expect it to be at grandmas. Everything was strenuous to all 5 involved, so it seemed to me, although probably only half of it was described by FFC and in a euphemistic way. IMO
ETA: Remembering a scene, which FFC described: MFC had to get ready for his Zoom meeting and the children annoyed him. Generous as she is ;), FFC said to her husband: I will care for the children, so you will have time for yourself getting ready. (similar wording)
My thought was, when I read it years ago, that FFC could have done the caring by herself and preferably in good time, and she didn't have to emphasize her "service to husband".

No, the "threshold" was about investigating the abuse. Which seems ridiculous for Ogilvy to say.
Of course the threshold was passed for DCJ or another relevant unit to look at the situation when a foster child had knowingly been struck.

Every time I hear a post-Jan '21 detail, I cringe for the child. It could have been stopped.

Detective Sean Ogilvy was repeatedly asked why he had not handed this incident over to another unit, like the one that investigates child abuse.

He replied that it had not passed the threshold for other units to investigate.

Interesting. I would love to know more about what happened behind the scenes with this one. Could have a real impact on any future court cases.

I never thought it would be idyllic, per se, but in the beginning I was imagining a scene on the normal side of normal.

I have always thought they have had something to hide when they didn’t come out and do a press conference pleading for help. Their privacy can be damned when the welfare of a child (that isn’t even theirs) was at stake. I know it’s been said here before, but I also struggle to see how they were able to keep fostering L and other children when they essentially ‘lost’ someone’s child.

It seems like there was a lot of ‘look what you made me do!’ happening in that household. Terrible.

Interesting. I would love to know more about what happened behind the scenes with this one. Could have a real impact on any future court cases.
I am wondering if there is a difference between the “threshold” of the Police Child Protection Unit versus DJS for removal of the child?

Would CPU remove a child for a “smack“? (IIRC that was the first assault.)
Versus
DJS would definitely remove a child for a “smack“ and investigate the incident further… as the foster carer is not allowed to smack the child.

Just curious if this could be the point of difference??

IMO

I know it’s been said here before, but I also struggle to see how they were able to keep fostering L and other children when they essentially ‘lost’ someone’s child.
I thought that technically, the State of NSW (Government) lost William Tyrrell, whilst he was a Ward of the State in the care of the responsible Minister at the time of his disappearance.

I thought that technically, the State of NSW (Government) lost William Tyrrell, whilst he was a Ward of the State in the care of the responsible Minister at the time of his disappearance.
So technically the state of NSW refused to wash L’s clothes and underwear then, and then told her smelled? And kicked her, hit her, threatened to slap her and locked her outside? Ohh the poor FPs copping the blame ;)

I am wondering if there is a difference between the “threshold” of the Police Child Protection Unit versus DJS for removal of the child?

Would CPU remove a child for a “smack“? (IIRC that was the first assault.)
Versus
DJS would definitely remove a child for a “smack“ and investigate the incident further… as the foster carer is not allowed to smack the child.

Just curious if this could be the point of difference??

IMO

So, they had enough to lay charges, at their leisure, but not enough to refer to a unit that looks at child abuse? Or the DCJ?

Bit hard to believe.

I realise some of us are trying to understand this, with different options.
I think the understanding comes in when we consider that SFR left the child in this position for 9 months so they could try to further their case.

imo

At the commencement of the Hearing last Monday 4 September the FM pleaded guilty to both assault charges. The FF pleaded not guilty to his alleged assault charge.

Up until then, the foster parents had vehemently denied doing any harm to the child and they were both expected to fight the charges of assaulting the child by arguing the alleged victim may have fallen from a horse.

A Catch-22 situation would no doubt have existed, where the Police needed to obtain enough evidence for a successful case against them, while maintaining their surveillance monitoring of the situation to ensure the abuse did not escalate, MOO

At the commencement of the Hearing last Monday 4 September the FM pleaded guilty to both assault charges. The FF pleaded not guilty to his alleged assault charge.

Up until then, the foster parents had vehemently denied doing any harm to the child and they were both expected to fight the charges of assaulting the child by arguing the alleged victim may have fallen from a horse.

A Catch-22 situation would no doubt have existed, where the Police needed to obtain enough evidence for a successful case against them, while maintaining their surveillance monitoring of the situation to ensure the abuse did not escalate, MOO
Let’s hope it was worth it and LT gets justice.

It’s looking really messy for the FCs now I must say.

I never bought the fall from a horse excuse. I do wonder though, whether there has been a drop of truth in their lies. Maybe to make it easier to believe or stick to a certain narrative. For example, maybe LT had previously fallen from a horse but that’s not what caused that particular bruise. Maybe W did roar at them, but it wasn’t in play it was in frustration. Maybe W had been hurt by a stool before so it seemed like a good excuse to blame the stool fall for his black eye. And so on.

I wonder if anything further has been heard in the trial that may be under media suppression in relation to the Ts and also any other unrelated foster children who have lived with the FCs over the years? I’m thinking they would have done a lot more investigating than just the T children and the other child who lived with them that L was reportedly ‘jealous’ of. Just wondering out loud. Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro