Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard, Kendall (NSW), Sept 2014 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s hope it was worth it and LT gets justice.

It’s looking really messy for the FCs now I must say.

I never bought the fall from a horse excuse. I do wonder though, whether there has been a drop of truth in their lies. Maybe to make it easier to believe or stick to a certain narrative. For example, maybe LT had previously fallen from a horse but that’s not what caused that particular bruise. Maybe W did roar at them, but it wasn’t in play it was in frustration. Maybe W had been hurt by a stool before so it seemed like a good excuse to blame the stool fall for his black eye. And so on.

I wonder if anything further has been heard in the trial that may be under media suppression in relation to the Ts and also any other unrelated foster children who have lived with the FCs over the years? I’m thinking they would have done a lot more investigating than just the T children and the other child who lived with them that L was reportedly ‘jealous’ of. Just wondering out loud. Moo.
The emotional gift that left William Tyrrell's inquest in tears
“A black book of never-before-seen photographs of the three-year-old boy was handed to Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame at the conclusion of an inquest into his disappearance.”

JMO - I think that Rosann would then have had the opportunity to examine those photos (E.g. background in the photos, etc) to make connections with scenes recorded at 48 Benaroon Drive … thereby maybe noting any inconsistencies with the photos that were apparently taken around 9.30am on that fateful morning.

So, they had enough to lay charges, at their leisure, but not enough to refer to a unit that looks at child abuse? Or the DCJ?

Bit hard to believe.

I realise some of us are trying to understand this, with different options.
I think the understanding comes in when we consider that SFR left the child in this position for 9 months so they could try to further their case.

imo
Speaking on behalf of myself.

I just feel absolutely awe struck at the words that the FP use in their interactions with LT.

I guess I believed in them to the point that hearing these incidents questions what was exactly was occurring for LT for the last 9 years not just the last 9 months.

So due to the system not exposing this problem to ever address it for LT - because this little snapshot just exposes how vulnerable LT is - to be in situations that are escalating out of her realm of ability to solve.

Being "broken" means its reoccurring in my opinion.

The choice of words FM uses to explain the situation and her way of dealing with it - seems actually quite "uneducated" exactly the opposite of what I was expecting from her from them. Just my opinion.

So by this time - what the SFR did in their role in leaving the child in this position for 9 months - whether it was timely or not - I guess it makes me question the whole Fostering System. Should there be an investigation into the running of this Government Department. Yes I fully understand that there is a dire lack of fostering Parents and it's very traumatic for all involved - but maybe spend the money on the Biological families to better support them.

Because by protecting LT with anonymity we are also protecting the FP and setting up them to treat her emotionally in a very unsavoury manner in my opinion. MOO

What happens with the common assault case now? Has it been completed
The common assault charges were a part of this whole case/trial. She’s plead guilty to those two charges so now is only having her guilt decided in court regarding the intimidation charges.
So yes in a way those charges are completed but I’m sure associated evidence given at the trial is also relevant from the charges relating to the FF and the FM intimidation charges. And whatever else wasn’t reported in the media Moo

What happens with the common assault case now? Has it been completed
FM has plead guilty to those two assault charges, however they are being heard in conjunction with the intimidation and stalking charges ….

So the penalties will be decided on the combined charges ….

There is further hearing in December, and Magistrate has indicated a verdict will be given in February 2024. (Sometimes there is further delay until the sentence is handed down after the verdict)

So we won’t know the outcome until at least Feb 2024.

The magistrate ordered written submissions from the parties before returning to court in December with plans to deliver a judgment in February.

IMO

Last edited:
its possible we are only hearing a small snippet of the abuse recorded and some may never be publicly known to protect little Ls privacy, thank goodness for the police surveillance and there is an actual record of it now

I am not sure where we, as a society, have arrived if it is okay for the police to not stop child abuse for an extended period of time - months and months - as long as they record it.

I am not sure where we, as a society, have arrived if it is okay for the police to not stop child abuse for an extended period of time - months and months - as long as they record it.
I don’t think any of us believe the Police made the right decision regarding this matter. (Not removing the child earlier)

We need to remember that the child involved in this, is also a victim.

The decision was made by those who are meant to uphold the law, and it could be quite likely that they will end up on the end of another compensation claim, because of the decision that was made, not to remove the child earlier.

However, the recordings do now exist, (that can’t be changed) and it is now up to a magistrate to determine the outcome.

IMO

Can anyone remember or link the article or news segment where Detective Ogilvy re approached the child protection unit as he was concerned about the escalation in the intimidation behaviours please???

A detective from that unit also gave evidence this week …… specifically relating to the intimidation charges / behaviours …

For the life of me, I just can’t find where I read or heard that ….
Many thanks.

IMO

no, i agree, its really sad L had to endure months more abuse, and difficult for police to have to make that decision, but also sad they had to do surveillance in the first place

no, i agree, its really sad L had to endure months more abuse, and difficult for police to have to make that decision, but also sad they had to do surveillance in the first place
Absolutely agree, so sad for her to experience such ongoing abuse. I'm relieved to know that the foster carers can no longer abuse any more vulnerable foster children.

We also need to remember that in order to get a warrant for surveillance signed off by a Judge …. Police must have had some evidence to support the request, and the Judge agreed.

IMO

I think Jubes said something about getting the warrants for recording PS in one of his books. I will have to look back at some point and see what he said. But I think their evidence can basically be means, motive, opportunity - to back up their suspicion.

They have had warrants to listen to the FP before.

imo

I think Jubes said something about getting the warrants for recording PS in one of his books. I will have to look back at some point and see what he said. But I think their evidence can basically be means, motive, opportunity - to back up their suspicion.

They have had warrants to listen to the FP before.

imo
I had thought …. But could be wrong…. That because of the invasion of privacy, the request for surveillance had to have a significant reason behind it….
JMO

I had thought …. But could be wrong…. That because of the invasion of privacy, the request for surveillance had to have a significant reason behind it….
JMO

There are rules about the privacy. I can't remember if we spoke of them on this thread, or a different one. But they can't put recording/listening devices in certain areas ... like bathrooms, bedrooms.

imo

There are rules about the privacy. I can't remember if we spoke of them on this thread, or a different one. But they can't put recording/listening devices in certain areas ... like bathrooms, bedrooms.

imo

And besides the unnecessary additional abuse of a child, that wasn't needed. Where did those surveillance devices get them in regard to William? Nowhere.

SFR should be ashamed of themselves. IMO

Where did those surveillance devices get them in regard to William? Nowhere.
We don’t actually know if those surveillance devices assisted Police in the investigation of William’s case, or not?

Since the time of the surveillance, Police have recommended charges to the OPDD for the FM, so it is possible that some information was useful??

IMO

so if a foster child has a support person they can confide in, what happens if the child accuses their foster family of hurting them? does the supporter believe the child or the family, and wouldnt the possible outcome of that make the child fearful of reporting?
also with L, couldnt the surveillance team have removed her on the pretence a teacher had noticed bruising etc, and carried on with their surveillance?
i guess its probably not as simple as that with all the departments involved though?

so if a foster child has a support person they can confide in, what happens if the child accuses their foster family of hurting them? does the supporter believe the child or the family, and wouldnt the possible outcome of that make the child fearful of reporting?
also with L, couldnt the surveillance team have removed her on the pretence a teacher had noticed bruising etc, and carried on with their surveillance?
i guess its probably not as simple as that with all the departments involved though?
I’m not an expert on the foster system but I would assume a case worker would check in with the children at least every few months. How comprehensive these checks were, or if they were happening regularly in reality is a different question.
The FCs had been able to pull the wool so to speak for a long time. I’m sure they would have been able to talk their way out of a paper bag to any accusations L or any other children may have raised with a case worker. Look at how GJ was convinced they were fantastic people etc.

Also, kids naturally try to protect their parents and realistically, they had care of L since she was so young, I’m sure they felt like they were her parents. L may have denied anything for a while, or may have been threatened by the FCs not to say anything.

And imo people that physically hurt kids know to do it where injuries aren’t visible. For injuries that are visible they always seem to have an excuse for them.

All moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member