Autopsy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
right packerdog...the pineapple....

i'm with you panthera...i have to think this happened before she went to bed...hmmm

was going over the diagrams again...21 total lacerations to her head...13 on the back, & 8 to the left side....all of them ranging anywhere from 1/2" to 4 1/2" in length....

eta to correct...

close_enough said:
was going over the diagrams again...21 total lacerations to her head...13 on the back, & 8 to the left side....all of them ranging anywhere from 1/2" to 4 1/2" in length....

eta to correct...
Seems she was already disabled, on the floor, face down when those blows were struck.

WhiteWolf said:
Thanks, close-enough.

So, she wasn't undressed for bed yet or did she normally wear a zipped sweatshirt, t-shirt, and pants to bed? Doesn't seem likely to me.

Some evidence of manual strangulation.

Numerous defense wounds on her hands.

Wow, she must have put up a big fight for her life.

The single hair stuck in blood on her left hand sounds promising. A defense attorney will call it innocent transfer if it belongs to Jason, though.

I am trying to figure out why her clothing makes people rethink the time of death. Sounds like she was wearing something very comfortable. I wear sweats ALL the time and sometimes sleep in them. The zipped up sweatshirt may have been to keep cozy on a November evening or maybe she had let the dog out into the yard and so had the jacket on. I don't see any reason why her clothing works against the late night timing for the murder.

I am just wondering if JY and his family have read this yet? Wonder if it might make a few family members rethink their support of him. I don't see how they could believe a stranger could have done this. Too much rage and overkill.

I REALLY wish I hadn't read the autopsy report now.

panthera said:
Seems she was already disabled, on the floor, face down when those blows were struck.

This is what interests me, in what position was she when hit, facing her attacker or was she hit while down or from behind. The reason this interests me is that it appears almost all of the hits were on her left side, with some of them being centered in the back, those ones being certain from behind. But the ones on the left, I think they speak as to whether the perp is right or left-handed. I agree with the person who earlier said it could have been a fireplace poker. Whatever it was, it was something like that and it sound like it was swung. If she was facedown or hit from behind, a right handed swing, like the swing of a batter, would be to the right and hit her on the left. But if she were facing her attacker, then the same right handed swing would have hit the right side, which means it would have had to have been a left handed swing from that position to get the left side.

So, depending on her position when hit, it changes

LvsAMystry said:
This is what interests me, in what position was she when hit, facing her attacker or was she hit while down or from behind. The reason this interests me is that it appears almost all of the hits were on her left side, with some of them being centered in the back, those ones being certain from behind. But the ones on the left, I think they speak as to whether the perp is right or left-handed. I agree with the person who earlier said it could have been a fireplace poker. Whatever it was, it was something like that and it sound like it was swung. If she was facedown or hit from behind, a right handed swing, like the swing of a batter, would be to the right and hit her on the left. But if she were facing her attacker, then the same right handed swing would have hit the right side, which means it would have had to have been a left handed swing from that position to get the left side.

So, depending on her position when hit, it changes

???? Don't you mean it the other way around? If MY was facing her attacker and he/she was swinging at her with something in his/her right hand that would leave lacerations on MY's left side. It is likely that the details of the wounds show the direction of the hits so they can tell if she was facing toward or away from the attacker.

Like I said before I think it was a fireplace poker to leave those kinds of marks to her head. I don't think it was a hammer. I think it was a long object and that he swung it at her. I wonder if they can tell what blows came first. He might have tried to strangle her first, which would be hard to do with her fighting back the way she did. She was a cheerleader remember, she probably had alot of strengh in her arms and hands to get him off her neck.

It sounds like she was trying to get his hands off of her neck and scratched herself trying to do so. Then she could have been winded from attempted strangulation and reached around to the back of her head trying to prevent blows and that is why she doesn't have as much bruising on the inside of her hands. Also, seems she was attacked initially lying on her right side.

The blows were very severe to the back of her head and would have caused her teeth to become loose and ultimately dislodged. This kind of blunt force would have to had come from a fireplace poke/golf club or there would have been a great deal of splintering found inside her skull. The autopsy doesn't mention any foreign matter.

I believe she was close to death after the first few blows to the back of her head. Or semi-conscience as her hands were bruised and not fractured.

She fought hard but there was a monster upon her and there was no stopping him. No, I don't think a woman could carry this off. Powerful swings to cause that much lacerating of the skull. B**tard.

I agree with you concernedperson. No wonder they found a piece of her tooth, it sounds like they shattered. I just can't imagine the pain she went through. It seems that these husband killers strike them in the head and face.

Cypros said:
I am trying to figure out why her clothing makes people rethink the time of death. Sounds like she was wearing something very comfortable. I wear sweats ALL the time and sometimes sleep in them. The zipped up sweatshirt may have been to keep cozy on a November evening or maybe she had let the dog out into the yard and so had the jacket on. I don't see any reason why her clothing works against the late night timing for the murder.

Cypros, I'm adding the partially digested food in her stomach to my thinking about MY being killed closer to midnight than say between 3-6am. Rigormortise was absent at the time of MY's autopsy so that moved MY's death closer to midnight (to maybe 2am latest). I suppose she could have worn those closes to bed, but I still think MY died closer to midnight.

Cypros said:
???? Don't you mean it the other way around? If MY was facing her attacker and he/she was swinging at her with something in his/her right hand that would leave lacerations on MY's left side. It is likely that the details of the wounds show the direction of the hits so they can tell if she was facing toward or away from the attacker.
I agree with you. If she was facing the perp and he was right-handed swinging this object would've hit her on the left side which could've knocked her to the floor, falling face down he continued to strike the back of her head. Something like a fireplace poker would definitely cause a great deal of damage to her skull and not leave any residue in her wounds.

Cypros said:

i don't think the clothing really works against her being killed late night, but it DID give me reason to pause & think about it.....people are all so different...i can't sleep in sweats of any kind...just too hot, even in the winter...i don't know too many people that sleep in sweat pants, a t-shirt, & a hooded sweatshirt...actually, i don't know anyone that sleeps in a hooded sweatshirt...

either way, it's interesting that a lot of the blows were to her left side....

"1/4 inch laceration on the left thumb, surrounded by confluent bruising occupying much of the posterier surface of the left hand, the left fingers, & small amount of the left forearm"......

sounds like she was hit really hard on her left hand, the left mandible, & all the other lacerations on the left side of her head (8 of them).....at some point, "the perp" had better access to her left side.....even the left arm was hit & left a 1" crescent abrasion...."it was surrounded by poorly defined bruising, but may represent as many as 3 or 4 discrete blows"...it also says that area had no underlying significant tissue damage.....a LOT was done to the left side of her body......i'm just wondering if all of these blows were done while she was down on the floor, maybe trying to curl up & guard her head with her hand??.....

WhiteWolf said:
Cypros, I'm adding the partially digested food in her stomach to my thinking about MY being killed closer to midnight than say between 3-6am. Rigormortise was absent at the time of MY's autopsy so that moved MY's death closer to midnight (to maybe 2am latest). I suppose she could have worn those closes to bed, but I still think MY died closer to midnight.

ya know, i had always figured TOD would be betw 1 & 3 am, but i'm really starting to think you're right, WW.....she may very well have been killed more around the midnight area......this does make more sense, imo.....the partially digested food & all....hmmm

panthera said:

right panthera...that's what it sounds like to me also...or she was disabled, on the floor, for a LOT of them...

concernedperson said:
It sounds like she was trying to get his hands off of her neck and scratched herself trying to do so. Then she could have been winded from attempted strangulation and reached around to the back of her head trying to prevent blows and that is why she doesn't have as much bruising on the inside of her hands. Also, seems she was attacked initially lying on her right side.

The blows were very severe to the back of her head and would have caused her teeth to become loose and ultimately dislodged. This kind of blunt force would have to had come from a fireplace poke/golf club or there would have been a great deal of splintering found inside her skull. The autopsy doesn't mention any foreign matter.

I believe she was close to death after the first few blows to the back of her head. Or semi-conscience as her hands were bruised and not fractured.

She fought hard but there was a monster upon her and there was no stopping him. No, I don't think a woman could carry this off. Powerful swings to cause that much lacerating of the skull. B**tard.

just awful, huh CP? :(
....no, i don't think a woman did this either....

i would imagine either Greta or NG will have something about this on tonight....maybe some kind of 'expert' can give us (well, me) a hand at understanding some of it.....

Cypros said:

Oh geez, of course you're right. In overthinking my explanation, I confused even myself. Sorry about that!

So, if she were facing her attacker, it would seem the hits on her left side would have come from the attackers right. If she were facedown or hit from behind on her left side, it would seem the hits were caused from her attackers left. I wonder if they'll ever provide details so we know in what position she was in.

close_enough said:
i would imagine either Greta or NG will have something about this on tonight....maybe some kind of 'expert' can give us (well, me) a hand at understanding some of it.....
That would help! I'm thinking that the perp could've gotten one good blow to her left side, knocked her down, perhaps falling on her right side at an angle (like not completely on her side so the back of her head would also be exposed) or she moved as he continued to swing at her. So much rage and overkill here it is just :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99