Autopsy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
close_enough said:
hmmm, if someone with some strength picked up one of my tiffany lamps & hit me in the head, it would definately put me on the floor...i would think, anyway.....mine aren't REAL big, but they're sturdy for sure...the glass is thick too, along with the cast iron .....we know that LE took a lamp as evidence...it had blood on it right??.....it wasn't mentioned that the lamp was broken though, did it???....or would they necessarily HAVE to put that much info in the warrant....if she was beaten with a standard size nightstand lamp, i would think the lamp would be awfully beat up too....

I am going back and look at the fractures. If I remember they look elongated.

close_enough said:
Raleigh — Michelle Young was beaten numerous times and suffered a fractured skull when she was killed in early November, according to the autopsy report, which was released Monday.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1175401/

figured this will call for a thread of it's own.....
How awful. Poor Michelle fought for her dear life and that of her unborn son.
I pray the monster who did this has nightmares every night even after he is arrested and put to death for these brutal, wasteful murders.

PrayersForMaura said:
How awful. Poor Michelle fought for her dear life and that of her unborn son.
I pray the monster who did this has nightmares every night even after he is arrested and put to death for these brutal, wasteful murders.
The saddest part is the perp will only be charged with one murder and likely not receive the DP. :mad:

on the same link, there's a video also...it pretty much states the same thing as what the report does, but it's got an interview with the Sheriff....interesting, he brings up the possibility of Cassidy seeing what happened.....heck, i've always thought that HE thought Cassidy saw something, from one of his first comments...he was VERY angry about the fact that Cassidy was in the house alone....plus he's heard the 911 call in it's entirety......

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1175401/

concernedperson said:
I am going back and look at the fractures. If I remember they look elongated.

i went back & looked also CP....these don't look quite like the 'injuries' that Kathleen Peterson had on the back of her head....these don't appear to be nearly as elongated as KP's were.....the one's here on MY seem almost crescent shaped, & then some don't.....hmmm

eta...does anyone else see the crescent shape in some of these injuries??...or is it just me?

i know one on the arm was noted "crescent" in the report....it was 1" long

strach304 said:
I agree with WW on the nails. I can only go by my own personal experience that led me to the conclusion in the first place that she was strangled first after learning there were bruises on her neck at the funeral. It isn't so easy to strangle a formidable opponent. My guess is a tiffany lamp because it would've been within reach for her as a weapon of defense from the original attack, then of course became the murder weapon. A tiffany style lamp has both components, glass and cast iron.

I have a man figured for this one not just because of the injuries showing substantial force but also because of the attempted strangulation. If I remember correctly from the LP case the mitochondrial dna on the hair isn't specific to one exact person so I don't know if they could prove it was Jason's rather than Cassidy's?

Another similarity to the Peterson case - tiffany lamp. Ohhh Geez.
I can remember JY having to give a sample of his pubic hair - how do you figure this fits in Strach?

One of the fractures has a strong resemblance to the top part of a fireplace poke. The rest are bits and pieces with elongated parts. This is just horrible.

panthera said:
I know ~ what timing for you! The clothing doesn't sound at all to me like something she would've worn to sleep in bed ~ especially black pants. The timeline would depend on what time he actually left the house and where this hotel is he checked into. But it's looking to me to be closer to midnight with the clothing and partially digested food.

How long does it take food to digest completely, do you know?
o/t
I only work 2 days a weeks too! :banghead:

close_enough said:
could be jilly.....from reading the autopsy, it SEEMS like whatever weapon was used, is what was used to hit her hand though...."blunt force injury to the extremities has resulted in laceration of the left thumb"......it goes on to say this injury bruised the fingers on the left hand, on up to a small part of the forearm too.....i just don't know...

You're right - I see that from the AR. Photos probably just had blood on them.

close_enough said:
i went back & looked also CP....these don't look quite like the 'injuries' that Kathleen Peterson had on the back of her head....these don't appear to be nearly as elongated as KP's were.....the one's here on MY seem almost crescent shaped, & then some don't.....hmmm

eta...does anyone else see the crescent shape in some of these injuries??...or is it just me?

i know one on the arm was noted "crescent" in the report....it was 1" long

I see the crescent shape also. I went back and looked to see if they are all in same direction, but oddly they aren't. I thought the crescent shape would make perfect sense if it were possibly from a lamp base, a round lamp base. But with the crescents presenting in opposing directions I'm not sure.

Oh wait, I just had a thought. A fireplace poker often has that little hook or poker at the top. Depending on the angle of the blow, that piece hitting would look like a crescent and cause lacerations elsewhere like the thumb.

strach304 said:
I have a man figured for this one not just because of the injuries showing substantial force but also because of the attempted strangulation. If I remember correctly from the LP case the mitochondrial dna on the hair isn't specific to one exact person so I don't know if they could prove it was Jason's rather than Cassidy's?

Mitochondrial DNA comes from the mother, so Jason and Cassidy should have very different mtDNA. Wikipedia has an article that may help explain:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_DNA

Donna B. in ..... Raleigh, NC (no kidding, y'all)

jilly said:
o/t

i don't know :banghead:

wish there was some kind of 'expert' here at WS!!!!
...70 gms of thick partially digested food...we don't even know what kind of food it was, & i've been told here, that digestion would depend on the type of food it was.....ugh.....

LvsAMystry said:
I see the crescent shape also. I went back and looked to see if they are all in same direction, but oddly they aren't. I thought the crescent shape would make perfect sense if it were possibly from a lamp base, a round lamp base. But with the crescents presenting in opposing directions I'm not sure.

It truly looks like the top part of a fireplace poke. Almost a fleur de lis look. There was one that was distinct and the others were broken. Sorry for harping on this but that it was it looks like.

jilly said:
o/t
It would depend on the food, for example meat takes longer to digest than something 'light'.

close_enough said:
i don't know :banghead:

wish there was some kind of 'expert' here at WS!!!!
...70 gms of thick partially digested food...we don't even know what kind of food it was, & i've been told here, that digestion would depend on the type of food it was.....ugh.....

It also depends on the person. But, thick partially digested food indicates a couple of hours or whole pieces of recently swallowed food would be present. Sorry for the graphics but it is what it is.

LvsAMystry said:
Oh wait, I just had a thought. A fireplace poker often has that little hook or poker at the top. Depending on the angle of the blow, that piece hitting would look like a crescent and cause lacerations elsewhere like the thumb.

well, we know they had a fireplace in the house....it's sure possible that a poker was used then, huh?

concernedperson said:
One of the fractures has a strong resemblance to the top part of a fireplace poke. The rest are bits and pieces with elongated parts. This is just horrible.
I'm kind of seeing that also. Did they have a fireplace in the master bedroom?

concernedperson said:
It also depends on the person. But, thick partially digested food indicates a couple of hours or whole pieces of recently swallowed food would be present. Sorry for the graphics but it is what it is.

hmmm, thanks CP......

close_enough said:
i know, CP...a LOT of force....he beat the livin daylights out of her head :mad:

In one of the early articles on wral.com, a profiler said that when a woman is beaten in the head and face to the point where she is unrecognizable or nearly so, the perpetrator is almost always someone who knew her and was very close to her. The mutilation of the face is the perpetrator's way of protecting his own psyche from admitting what he's done - he destroys her face, thus destroying her as an individual human, and he sees only that he has killed "it".

I'll post the link if I find it again. Quite an interesting theory.

Donna B. in Raleigh, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member