Autopsy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taximom said:
JY liked climbing, right? Look at this tool and tell me what you think. I have no idea of what the measurements are of this particular tool, but I don't think it's that big, and I think this is the expanded position. Just a thought.
mainpic_linkcam2.gif

I wish I could get a better idea of what the striation marks on MY looked like.
This is interesting. I could belive that it was something like this.

ETA: I read RC's posts wondering about the left side being worse than the right. This also puzzled me. There has to be some reason for this. I also wonder about the maglite. Michelle has some lacerations to the back of the head that were 4 1/2 inches. Could a maglite cause that? I'm not sure. Also, I believe that Michelle put up a big fight and angered the killer. I believe that many of those wounds were made after she unconscious and gone. Sick, sick guy. I hope that he isn't sleeping well at night and is wondering if and when the police will be coming for him.[/QUOTE]
I was also thinking about maybe just the blow from the flashlight (or whatever) causing the fractures; I mean, would the cracks necessarily have to be in the shape of the weapon? I had a fractured skull when I was twelve from a bicycle wreck. My head hit the curb pretty hard on the left side right above my ear, but the fracture went from one ear to the other and straight down the back. It about killed me, honest. (I was riding down a very steep hill that my dad had FORBIDDEN me to ever ride on. And yes, I did ride down that hill again years later.)

strach304 said:
I didn't know that, I didn't follow the Peterson east case. There are a lot of cuts on Michele is why I thought of the glass and her being hit with something hard enough and the force to not only break her jaw and fracture her skull but knock out her teeth too. One things clear they wanted to make sure she was dead. If pubic hair was found during autopsy wouldn't that be in the report? I think that could be standard procedure as they did that with Scott Peterson and maybe we assumed it was to prove chlorine wasn't the cause of his new hair color.

Sorry, I was talking about the Peterson west with the Tiffany lamp.

There was no pubic hair mentioned in the autopsy. I'm just wondering what you thought about this since JY had to give samples of his pursuant to the Non Testimonial Order.

Also, JY had to give palm print, so I'm wondering if maybe he did leave the murder weapon behind.

On the otherhand maybe these requests are all standard procedure.

nanandjim said:
I hope that you were wearing a good helmet on the second ride. :eek:
uh...I don't remember that they had helmets back then!!! This was 35 years ago; if they had helmets, I didn't have one.

nanandjim said:
You know, that's a really good point. The stepfather had to think that he needed an attorney. Why else get him one immediately? Also, to refuse to even talk to the police, says everything to me. This guy did not love his wife one iota, IMO. Any normal person would be cooperating with police to find the killer of a loved one. Hell, even if he didn't love her, you'd think that he'd want to find the killer of his daughter's and son's mother. I thought that he was really looking forward to having a son. Uh-huh...Right... :rolleyes:

Good Morning Nana,

So far we're batting pretty good on info from the 'insiders' at CTV. There is one more thing one of them said that keeps rolling through my nogin, and that is that JY had bruises on his arms after Michelle was killed.

I seem to think this rumor may pan out, but we'll have to wait till trial to find out. It is only a rumor at this point. It might be why he was so illusive from the get go and why the SF thought LE might make a rush to judgement and arrest JY right away, thus needing a really top notch attny.

5 days till he was photographed by the forensic team. I don't think bruises heal up within that time frame, at least completely. With the technology today, I think LE has a light they can shine on skin that will show residual effects of a bruise. I'd like to learn more about that.

Whatever, we do know there must be something for Johnson to state after 2 1/2 months in the case, that they have not been able to rule JY out as a suspect. Thank goodness for that!

packerdog said:
How did the blood get on the bed? Did she lay in bed with her clothes on watching tv?
I hope the hair that was found on/in her hand has a root. If it did have a root it was pulled out.

I have 2 sets of fireplace tools. One set is brass and really heavy, the poker has 2 parts that jet out and it looks like it could make some of the marks I saw on MY head, tapered at one end.

You guys are probably all sleeping in now after being up most of the night. What great ideas you all have come up with.

morning all....ugh, i stayed up WAY too late last night/this morning (& i wasn't even drinking) :p
anyway, up with coffee.....

i was wondering the same thing packer....at some point, the struggle went to the bed...or it started there....if it started on the bed; say he started out strangling MY on the bed...wasn't having any luck, then grabbed a lamp or flashlight & started beating her then???...i just don't know..i still find it odd, that if she was in the bed sleeping, she had a hooded sweatshirt on over a t-shirt & black pants on.... :waitasec:

scandi said:
Good Morning Nana,

So far we're batting pretty good on info from the 'insiders' at CTV. There is one more thing one of them said that keeps rolling through my nogin, and that is that JY had bruises on his arms after Michelle was killed.

I seem to think this rumor may pan out, but we'll have to wait till trial to find out. It is only a rumor at this point. It might be why he was so illusive from the get go and why the SF thought LE might make a rush to judgement and arrest JY right away, thus needing a really top notch attny.

5 days till he was photographed by the forensic team. I don't think bruises heal up within that time frame, at least completely. With the technology today, I think LE has a light they can shine on skin that will show residual effects of a bruise. I'd like to learn more about that.

Whatever, we do know there must be something for Johnson to state after 2 1/2 months in the case, that they have not been able to rule JY out as a suspect. Thank goodness for that!

about any bruises on JY....IF Michelle got some good licks in, (which i tend to think she did) any bruising on JY would surely still be visible in 5 or 6 days...if nothing else, they'd at least be to the point of turning a faint yellow color, don't you think?

Just my :twocents: . Here is my *very* general theory. I don't think she was in bed when she was attacked-mostly because of that zip-up jacket she was wearing. She may have put on some "comfy clothes", but I didn't notice anything about a bra in the autopsy report. That makes me think she was getting ready for bed (still had on the sweatshirt/jacket but no bra on) but was not attacked in bed. I think she found out about JY's "relationship" and told him to get out. He left and she didn't want to cancel on her friend. I know this may sound weird, but when I found out my (now ex) husband was having an affair, I left the house and went to the grocery store. I just couldn't stand being in his presence one more second and he refused to leave. In hindsight, I shouldn't have driven anywhere. And believe me, there was plenty of yelling at my house during that time. Anyway, I think they spoke on the phone-maybe JY thought she would have calmed down a bit and I think she was pretty upset and said something that alarmed/angered him and he decided to come back to the house and talk to her. I think they argued and she told him to get out and she was going to bed. She went up to the bedroom because she was probably exhausted and instead of leaving, he followed her upstairs where she said something he didn't like and I think he punched her and that's when the struggle started. I think it's a good possibility the weapon was a maglite. I have a flashlight in my bedroom and I think a lot of people do. As a side note, my mom used to be a police officer and she had a nightstick and a huge maglite. It had a patterned grip all the way up, it was not smooth and it was very heavy and could do an extreme amount of damage. Trust me, if someone hits you with that flashlight, it's definitely going to leave a mark and it's for sure heavy enough to fracture a skull. Especially if the person wielding it is very angry.

Also, I hate to even talk about this because it is absolutely horrible, but I found it interesting that besides the mark on her arm, there is not one other mark on her below her neck. To me this is another indication that the attacker was someone who was close to her. I find it hard to believe that if the perp did not know her or have a personal relationship with her, that he would stay away from her body, even if it were only to try to control her with fear for her unborn child. It seems even the person who killed her felt that her torso or midsection was off limits as far the assault went. I hope that came out clearly.

Sorry my post was so long.

close_enough said:
morning all....ugh, i stayed up WAY too late last night/this morning (& i wasn't even drinking) :p

i was wondering the same thing packer....at some point, the struggle went to the bed...or it started there....if it started on the bed; say he started out strangling MY on the bed...wasn't having any luck, then grabbed a lamp or flashlight & started beating her then???...i just don't know..i still find it odd, that if she was in the bed sleeping, she had a hooded sweatshirt on over a t-shirt & black pants on.... :waitasec:

Hi Close_enough, I find it rather odd that she would sleep with those clothes on too. Maybe she was just getting ready for bed and had just taken off her socks. (sounds like Laci getting ready for bed) Can you imagine the shock when your husband is standing before you, ready to beat you to death or strangle you? How horrible.

close_enough said:

morning close! :) Maybe she was starting to get ready for bed - thus no shoes and socks. Seems plausible too (some at CTV saying) that maybe she said something and he punched her in the mouth and this thing escalated.

Could have been after that he knocked her on the bed and started strangling her - realized that was going nowhere so grabs the flashlite from the bedside drawer and starts pelting her. That's when she rolls off the bed to get away and is cowering as he beats her to death. :mad:

Do we know how much blood was on the bed?

I think we're all thinking the same thing here! :)

packerdog said:
Hi Close_enough, I find it rather odd that she would sleep with those clothes on too. Maybe she was just getting ready for bed and had just taken off her socks. (sounds like Laci getting ready for bed) Can you imagine the shock when your husband is standing before you, ready to beat you to death or strangle you? How horrible.

Maybe she was just getting up for the day...

jilly said:
morning close! :) Maybe she was starting to get ready for bed - thus no shoes and socks. Seems plausible too (some at CTV saying) that maybe she said something and he punched her in the mouth and this thing escalated.

Could have been after that he knocked her on the bed and started strangling her - realized that was going nowhere so grabs the flashlite from the bedside drawer and starts pelting her. That's when she rolls off the bed to get away and is cowering as he beats her to death. :mad:

Do we know how much blood was on the bed?

jilly, i'm with you .... i wouldn't be a bit surprised with this!!
...very easy to put this inside my head, with your description of that night...gave me a little chill.....

was just talking to my oldest son....:)

raisincharlie said:

Yes but, she had some food digested and some not. To fit with the LE timeline she would have had to have eaten at what time,4:00am? I am thinking right after midnight.

raisincharlie said:

Another good point as usual RC. Ok ladies we need to know what comes off or goes on first when you're getting dressed.

When I'm getting dressed my socks go on last. When I'm undressing my socks comes off last.

So RC you could very well be right.

Bellgardin said:
Just my :twocents: . Here is my *very* general theory. I don't think she was in bed when she was attacked-mostly because of that zip-up jacket she was wearing. She may have put on some "comfy clothes", but I didn't notice anything about a bra in the autopsy report. That makes me think she was getting ready for bed (still had on the sweatshirt/jacket but no bra on) but was not attacked in bed. I think she found out about JY's "relationship" and told him to get out. He left and she didn't want to cancel on her friend. I know this may sound weird, but when I found out my (now ex) husband was having an affair, I left the house and went to the grocery store. I just couldn't stand being in his presence one more second and he refused to leave. In hindsight, I shouldn't have driven anywhere. And believe me, there was plenty of yelling at my house during that time. Anyway, I think they spoke on the phone-maybe JY thought she would have calmed down a bit and I think she was pretty upset and said something that alarmed/angered him and he decided to come back to the house and talk to her. I think they argued and she told him to get out and she was going to bed. She went up to the bedroom because she was probably exhausted and instead of leaving, he followed her upstairs where she said something he didn't like and I think he punched her and that's when the struggle started. I think it's a good possibility the weapon was a maglite. I have a flashlight in my bedroom and I think a lot of people do. As a side note, my mom used to be a police officer and she had a nightstick and a huge maglite. It had a patterned grip all the way up, it was not smooth and it was very heavy and could do an extreme amount of damage. Trust me, if someone hits you with that flashlight, it's definitely going to leave a mark and it's for sure heavy enough to fracture a skull. Especially if the person wielding it is very angry.

Also, I hate to even talk about this because it is absolutely horrible, but I found it interesting that besides the mark on her arm, there is not one other mark on her below her neck. To me this is another indication that the attacker was someone who was close to her. I find it hard to believe that if the perp did not know her or have a personal relationship with her, that he would stay away from her body, even if it were only to try to control her with fear for her unborn child. It seems even the person who killed her felt that her torso or midsection was off limits as far the assault went. I hope that came out clearly.

Sorry my post was so long.

YES, it came out clearly!....very good point, Bell....seems that part of the body WAS 'off limits'...

the maglite is sure sounding more & more likely for me...again, lol

& the above in bold letters - - i don't think it sounds weird at all; i can understand..

packerdog said:
Yes but, she had some food digested and some not. To fit with the LE timeline she would have had to have eaten at what time,4:00am? I am thinking right after midnight.

Oh yes. The undigested food! :confused:

jilly said:
Another good point as usual RC. Ok ladies we need to know what comes off or goes on first when you're getting dressed.

When I'm getting dressed my socks go on last. When I'm undressing my socks comes off last.

So RC you could very well be right.

lol, ok.....

getting dressed, socks go on last...undressed, socks come off first here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads