awaiting sentencing phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question that keeps going through my mind, is why did OP never say that he heard his dogs barking and that made him even more sure there was an intruder? That would have been the obvious thing to say in his fabricated story. Carise's dogs went ape ***** and other neighbours also heard dogs barking. Of course, he didn't know that this would be their testimony, but surely he must have thought that his dogs' barking would strengthen his "intruder" story, yet he never claimed that.
Also, very strangely, this was never asked by Nel which was very disappointing, another missed opportunity.

Maybe, that's another Frankie-thing (perhaps his task to take the dogs in his room and keep them quiet), not to be asked about from Nel because of nothing-heard, nothing-seen.

Over where i live its pretty common, i mean you could say something like south african, but everyone knows
what your gonna say is totally politically correct, and hence not worth listening too.

coloured sounds wierder to me, like somethings wrong with him and you have to say he has been 'coloured' from white.

I looove black and coloured people and I'm white. "He (she) certainly doesn't need more followers but he's (she's) beautiful to look at ..." - like this Reeva would have said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...areer-oscar-pistorius-ozzy.html#ixzz3ErToplfk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Recently a poster here mentioned that Nel was drawing while the verdict was given.
I re-watched the video and I think he was drawing a portrait of JM.
Have a look!

:smile:, no, the hairstyle wasn't suitable, but portrait may very well be.

Quote Originally Posted by delilah View Post
Question for steveml. Are there any aspects of Masipa's verdict you don't agree with?

Would genuinely be interested in your view.

Steveml: really would be interested in your comments....

And I would be very interested in your both exchange of opinions ..... :discuss:

James Grant @CriminalLawZA · 11h 11 hours ago

Judge Masipa may have made mistakes - in a very complex area of law. But she is not corrupt and still deserves respect.

Attachments

• BehindtheDoor.jpg
    BehindtheDoor.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 112
This is a quite interesting article about the books being written about this case though I disagree with the last sentence about the 'tragic life of Oscar Pistorius'. Reeva Steenkamp's is the tragic life, not her killer's.

BTW, I very much liked Lux's comment about how Pistorius may escape prison but he can't escape his mind. Even if his waking hours are ones of privilege and freedom I'm hoping that it is in his nightly dreams that his punishment is played out. And lest his few supporters here think that makes me a 'hater' I hasten to add that had he 'manned-up' right from the start I'd not be thinking or saying that.

http://www.bdlive.co.za/life/books/...8435E0697DCCB034A2A7592EBAA7259.present2.bdfm

Sorry Judgejudi - thought my link was a different one to your's until I saw them both on the same page. D'oh.

Here's one person I'd love Nel to call as a witness to testify in support of aggravation of the sentence. This is the only time I can recall where his management or Uncle Arnold haven't denied one of these temper tantrums.

He had a contract with OP and had no axe to grind. He had a friend with him who witnessed what happened.

"The ordeal didn’t end there and Francois explained that it even went so far as to say that Oscar threatened his family.

After the threat, Francois ended the contract and said he hoped it would be the last time he would see the murder-accused athlete".

Oscar’s management declined to comment on the story.

http://www.zalebs.com/post/oscars-ex-stylist-speaks-on-frightening-temper/

His bad temper goes back quite some time, and probably much further than this. Shirley Martin wrote this letter to News24 which was published on 3 November 2011. If you haven't read it, you should.

I had the unfortunate opportunity of finding out first hand how unheroic Oscar can be in real life when he has had too much to drink.

I was at the Kings of Leon concert on Friday night with my fiancé, my best friend and her husband. An exceptionally drunk and incredibly rude Oscar Pistorius was also there. Unfortunately he seemed to be far too comfortable with being both drunk and rude than one would have liked for one of our "heroes".

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Oscar-Pistorius-Hero-or-Hooligan-20111103

IMO they'd both make great witnesses.

Attachments

• FrancoisLouw.jpg
    FrancoisLouw.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 95
James Grant @CriminalLawZA · 11h 11 hours ago

Judge Masipa may have made mistakes - in a very complex area of law. But she is not corrupt and still deserves respect.

Quite possibly she is not corrupt, but the damage this verdict (if it remains unchallenged and stays) would do to future similar victims in SA and hence to SA society in general is no less than what a thoroughly corrupt person could have achieved. The possibility that there might have been other pressures at play hold no water either - she always had the option to withdraw as the judge. Neither is being too naive a good enough excuse when one is in that chair.

Quite possibly she is not corrupt, but the damage this verdict (if it remains unchallenged and stays) would do to future similar victims in SA and hence to SA society in general is no less than what a thoroughly corrupt person could have achieved. The possibility that there might have been other pressures at play hold no water either - she always had the option to withdraw as the judge. Neither is being too naive a good enough excuse when one is in that chair.

IMO and incompetent judge has handed down a "competent" verdict. I think if it remains unchallenged that would be an even greater travesty of justice than seeing OP get off with a light sentence. As there are so many murders in SA, to think his defence/s could be used again and again is totally abhorrent.

Ty Hmgirl.

BBM - You may very well be right. You've now got me wondering at the possibility that they somewhat "let their guard down" in processing/preserving the crime scene due to the unusualness of having a case whereby they already "have" the self-confessed killer and can plainly see what caused the victim's death.

I've been thinking the same thing. I also wonder whether more speculative forensic work might have been undertaken had it not been quite so seemingly obvious a crime scene. For instance, were Reeva's flip-flops (slops) were tested for blood splatter, could she have been wearing them and they were removed?

If Pistorius is guilty of pre-med murder, did he alter the scene in a way that might have been detectable with more detailed forensic examination....

[video=youtube;7fNPSPYYzEA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fNPSPYYzEA[/video]

Telegraph Sport reporter Carly Adno talks about her experience of working with Oscar Pistorius, the kind of person he was and the dangers of living in South Africa.

[video=youtube;7fNPSPYYzEA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fNPSPYYzEA[/video]

Telegraph Sport reporter Carly Adno talks about her experience of working with Oscar Pistorius, the kind of person he was and the dangers of living in South Africa.

.. this bit jumped out at me, her talking about her dad on hearing intruders (not verbatim) "he grabbed his gun and first made sure we were all ok and that it wasn't any of us creeping around the house"

.. this bit jumped out at me, her talking about her dad on hearing intruders (not verbatim) "he grabbed his gun and first made sure we were all ok and that it wasn't any of us creeping around the house"

he did what reasonable people would do.

she also said he didn't shoot anyone... he called security.

also what reasonable people do.

I've been thinking the same thing. I also wonder whether more speculative forensic work might have been undertaken had it not been quite so seemingly obvious a crime scene. For instance, were Reeva's flip-flops (slops) were tested for blood splatter, could she have been wearing them and they were removed?

If Pistorius is guilty of pre-med murder, did he alter the scene in a way that might have been detectable with more detailed forensic examination....

bbm
i agree regarding more detail. but there are also some easily detectable signs:

op went back upstairs to the area of the crime scene - alone [imo twice].
his phone disappearing...
removing reeva's bag...

he did what reasonable people would do.

she also said he didn't shoot anyone... he called security.

also what reasonable people do.

Yes, exactly what I thought too, her dad acted reasonable even in a dangerous situation, he checked his family. It's not like Reeva turned up unexpectedly at his door in the middle of the night.

I feel Carly is being cautious about her opinion of OP's actions that night, she's a very young sports reporter and cutting her teeth as it were, she can't come across as controversial or outspoken. Imo, she doesn't believe him but can't say as much, she does question the 4 shots though and that he deserves to serve a sentence. Even though he probably helped her career with her first interview with him, her loyalty doesn't cloud her judgement, she's definitely got a good head on those shoulders, imo.

I also thought it interesting how Carly noted how comfortable OP was taking off his prosthesis and donning his blades in front of her, no sign of nervousness or inhibition of any kind.

Here's one person I'd love Nel to call as a witness to testify in support of aggravation of the sentence. This is the only time I can recall where his management or Uncle Arnold haven't denied one of these temper tantrums.

He had a contract with OP and had no axe to grind. He had a friend with him who witnessed what happened.

"The ordeal didn’t end there and Francois explained that it even went so far as to say that Oscar threatened his family.

After the threat, Francois ended the contract and said he hoped it would be the last time he would see the murder-accused athlete".

Oscar’s management declined to comment on the story.

http://www.zalebs.com/post/oscars-ex-stylist-speaks-on-frightening-temper/

His bad temper goes back quite some time, and probably much further than this. Shirley Martin wrote this letter to News24 which was published on 3 November 2011. If you haven't read it, you should.

I had the unfortunate opportunity of finding out first hand how unheroic Oscar can be in real life when he has had too much to drink.

I was at the Kings of Leon concert on Friday night with my fiancé, my best friend and her husband. An exceptionally drunk and incredibly rude Oscar Pistorius was also there. Unfortunately he seemed to be far too comfortable with being both drunk and rude than one would have liked for one of our "heroes".

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Oscar-Pistorius-Hero-or-Hooligan-20111103

IMO they'd both make great witnesses.

imo, incidents leading up to february 2013 are much stronger... especially if they were written up before february 2013. influence and bias due to the killing can then be counted out.

I also thought it interesting how Carly noted how comfortable OP was taking off his prosthesis and donning his blades in front of her, no sign of nervousness or inhibition of any kind.

~rsbm~

Yes, I picked up on that, too .. that is such a lie when he said about how embarrassed he was about his prosthesis .. it's lie after lie after lie isn't it with him, yet somehow JM has not picked up on this at all (either through stupidity or deliberately, through pressure from above) and believes him when he sobbed he thought Reeva was an intruder. Does she believe it too that he was embarrassed about his prothesis (and all the other things he so clearly lied about)? Was she actually listening to any of this stuff at all?

bbm
i agree regarding more detail. but there are also some easily detectable signs:

op went back upstairs to the area of the crime scene - alone [imo twice].
his phone disappearing...
removing reeva's bag...

From my perspective he is guilty of pre-med and did alter the scene but the detectives would have been forced to find a lot more forensic evidence had it not been a prima facie case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GowBuj