awaiting sentencing phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very possible the bat strikes came before AND after the shots. During the heat of the argument he chased Reeva with a bat..when he couldn't force the door open..he got his gun to shoot her. The only trouble with this theory..Reeva would have had enough time to dial emergency..that's assuming she had her cellphone with her....is it a fact that she had it with her?

Not only could the bat have been used before and after the shots, OP said that he shoulder butted and kicked the door. I think that he probably did these things, just not in the order he said they occurred. Those actions would not have been heard and neither would a prizing action with the bat. Any of these actions could have caused the panel to break from the door.

The only objective evidence about the location of Reeva's phone is that it was found on the floor in the main bathroom. I am not willing to take OP's word that it was ever in the toilet room or for anything else, for that matter. He testified that it was on the floor, in the toilet room, where the plank is. This is after he moved Reeva into the bathroom. How is this possible? He said that he did not remember where the plank was, but his answer about where the phone was must mean that the plank was not there, where the police found it, lying over the blood trail. To my immense and endless frustration, Nel seems to have missed the significance of this. It disturbs me that the police seemed to be just noticing new things during the last session of Nel cross exam of OP, and that no one ever questioned OP about the location of that plank and HTH it got there. I know that I am a broken record on this point , but it drives me crazy. Could anyone explain it to me?

The entire session linked below is very interesting and totally was maddening for me to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQBha2ZCAjU

I don't understand... are you saying you believe the Bat Strikes came both before and after the gunshots?

I stand by my opinion that it was a weakness in the State's HoA that Nel offered no arguments to promote the State's belief that the Bat Strikes came before the Gunshots.

I agree with this. IMO Vermulen was the States weakest witness. He seemed confused and was confusing. I don't think that Nel did a good enough job with him either on direct or in rehabilitating after Rox's cross examination. IMO, the police did not properly analyze the crime scene.

I now want to list the scandals/events on the edge of the Oscar Pistorius trial, just "for fun":

Magistrate Desmond Nair= Desmond Nair's cousin is suspected of killing herself and her two sons on Sunday,

PO Hilton Botha= Oscar Pistorius case: lead detective Hilton Botha removed from inquiry
South African police chief pulls officer after revelation detective himself faces attempted murder charges and got evidence wrong

Henke Pistorius= Murder-accused paralympian Oscar Pistorius's father was being racist when he commented that the government was not willing to protect whites, the ANC says.

Carl Pistorius= Oscar Pistorius's older brother Carl also faces homicide trial over death of woman in car crash

Jeanette Henzen Du Toit = Court will not proceed this morning or next week
One of the court assessors is ill and today's proceedings have been postponed.

Carl Pistorius= Carl Pistorius has made "a miraculous recovery" after the head-on collision on a highway in northern South Africa on Aug. 1, spokeswoman Anneliese Burgess said in a statement.

Barry Steenkamp= The father of slain model Reeva Steenkamp will not attend the trial of her killer Oscar Pistorius for fear it may trigger another stroke.

Reggie Perumal= A star pathologist hired by Oscar Pistorius told AFP on Thursday he will not testify at the athlete's murder trial, another blow for his defence after a week of savage cross-examination.

Private forensic pathologist Reggie Perumal - who joined Pistorius's hand-picked team soon after Reeva Steenkamp was killed on Valentine's Day morning 2013 - will not take the stand, amid suggestions his post-mortem findings support key parts of the prosecution's case.

Dr. Leon Fine= Pistorius psychiatrist suffers heart attack
Dr Leon Fine's sudden illness raised fears of further delays to case, but Pistorius lawyers insist they will continue their case on Monday

Oscar Pistorius= OSCAR Pistorius reached a settlement with a woman over an alleged assault case from 2009 because his lawyers advised him he could not fight civil and criminal legal battles at the same time, the spokeswoman for the Olympic athlete said on Wednesday.

Oscar Pistorius= Murder accused Oscar Pistorius is in talks with the parents of Reeva Steenkamp for an alleged R2- to R3-million settlement, claims a report.

What I have forgotten? There is perhaps much more ...................

I'm thinking of OP's baseball bat. There has been one near a door, when a journalist visited him. This baseball bat will have been there (in his home) all time, why not.
Reeva had "light" bruises on her body. Because that bruises weren't too sharp/deep/hurtful, it could be, that the baseball bat was used and not the cricket bat. But we heard nothing!!
Although the bruises proved DV, it was never cleared at all/enough and only because of that there never had occured DV ........ outrageous, IMO.

Barry Steenkamp, Reeva's father, recently said, that there is more to the evening on 13. February.
We wondered, why he would claim that.
Maybe, June and Barry are knowing the result of the pathologist - but the public doesn't. ???

Question for steveml. Are there any aspects of Masipa's verdict you don't agree with?

Would genuinely be interested in your view.

Steveml: really would be interested in your comments....

I wonder if Nel might be thinking how fruitless it is to bring forward more witnesses for the sentencing, given how Masipa disregarded just about all the other ones he put on the stand. I know he has to carry on and do his best for Reeva's family, but I imagine he'll be feeling quite disheartened about everything now, and who could blame him.

On the contrary, I think this has Nel FIRED up!

Remember him furiously scribbling non-stop during the verdict? :D

Barry Steenkamp, Reeva's father, recently said, that there is more to the evening on 13. February.
We wondered, why he would claim that.
Maybe, June and Barry are knowing the result of the pathologist - but the public doesn't. ???

Very good point FG, you're a star. My mind is going into overdrive just thinking about the implications. hmmmmmm. Thinking of intimate details.........

I've got another one to add to your list of scandals/events during OP trial.

OP asking Kim Myers, "how do you sleep at night?!"

I wish it had been brought to Masipa's attention, I would love to have heard how she blew that one over. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yes, I remember him scribbling, but maybe he was just writing "I don't believe this" over and over :smile:

The problem is that it doesn't really matter how fired up he gets. He did a great job of shredding almost each and every defence 'expert', only for Masipa to casually toss that all aside in favour of believing the most ridiculous theory, that because the killer cried and prayed, he couldn't have meant to kill Reeva (or anyone else!). I fear Nel is fighting a losing battle, but I'll try and stay positive. The waiting must be extremely stressful for Reeva's parents.

About the comment to Myers, I never understood what he meant by that. What is it that he thinks she has done to make her not deserve to sleep? I have personally never seen any indication that the Myers have given evidence/statements or interviews saying anything particularly negative about Oscar. Gina even said in an interview that she thought Reeva was happy with Oscar...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very good point FG, you're a star. My mind is going into overdrive just thinking about the implications. hmmmmmm. Thinking of intimate details.........

I've got another one to add to your list of scandals/events during OP trial.

OP asking Kim Myers, "how do you sleep at night?!"

I wish it had been brought to Masipa's attention, I would love to have heard how she blew that one over. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
BIB - she would have asked OP what he meant by that remark, and OP would have said "I was wondering what pillows she uses, M'lady" and Masipa would have patted her bun, smiled, nodded, and said "Of course that makes perfect sense".

I agree with this. IMO Vermulen was the States weakest witness. He seemed confused and was confusing. I don't think that Nel did a good enough job with him either on direct or in rehabilitating after Rox's cross examination. IMO, the police did not properly analyze the crime scene.

Ty Hmgirl.

BBM - You may very well be right. You've now got me wondering at the possibility that they somewhat "let their guard down" in processing/preserving the crime scene due to the unusualness of having a case whereby they already "have" the self-confessed killer and can plainly see what caused the victim's death.

No Pistorius ‘Oscar’ as Paralympic Games airbrush him from history

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-games-airbrush-him-from-history-9760167.html

Persona non grata, (“unwelcome person”).
Damnatio memoriae, (damnation of memory”).

Considering the god-like lifestyle and universal adulation Oscar enjoyed before it all came crashing down, banishment and social ostracization may be the very worst punishment he could ever endure.

With prison there’s a chance for parole and perhaps some form of redemption; a reviled pariah is condemned for life.

I do not see him ever returning to competition or a “normal” life.

For a guy like Oz it’s gonna be pure hell. :D

... damnatio memoriae ... is to cancel every trace of the person from the life of Rome, as if he had never existed, in order to preserve the honour of the city. In a city that stressed the social appearance, respectability and the pride of being a true Roman as a fundamental requirement of the citizen, it was perhaps the most severe punishment. ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damnatio_memoriae

The ancient practice continues to this day around the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damnatio_memoriae#Modern

Is that in addition to the armed guard that OP claimed stood outside his bedroom every night because he's so terrified? So terrified he woke up and hid in a cupboard until Aimee came to talk him out? What exactly is he so terrified of? Oscar, THERE WAS NO INTRUDER!!!

And what was this “armed guard” supposed to do when OP had a screaming nightmare - bring him warm milk and cookies, then sing him back to sleep (if OP didn’t shoot him first)? I think the armed guard was Aimee. LOL

I think the only thing that terrifies him is Mistress Karma in the form of the beautiful, serene Reeva Steenkamp ... she calmly smiles a wise, knowing smile, turns and silently disappears.

Only to return each morning and each night.

Oscar may escape prison but he cannot escape his mind.

Ty Hmgirl.

BBM - You may very well be right. You've now got me wondering at the possibility that they somewhat "let their guard down" in processing/preserving the crime scene due to the unusualness of having a case whereby they already "have" the self-confessed killer and can plainly see what caused the victim's death.

Yes, quite possibly. I wonder what their usual procedures are. It seems to me that they should have catalogued tiles,the pieces of the door, etc. They are probably underpaid and overworked as well. They do not have the resources that many wealthier countries have to test evidence collected either, so maybe don't collect it. I would love to have DNA testing done on the coffee cups and testing of the contents in the toilet too. Still, they all sat through court sessions with the photographic evidence right in front of them.

Recently a poster here mentioned that Nel was drawing while the verdict was given.
I re-watched the video and I think he was drawing a portrait of JM.
Have a look!

She may as well have used the word 'proves' as it was essentially part of her 'logic' in finding him not guilty. It was more than a mere allusion - her finding was he was upset that Reeva Steenkamp was dead so he cannot have intended to kill her. We can play with the wording as much as we want but the basic premise is still naive to the extreme on the part of this judge IMO.

I said earlier she should stand down immediately with her 2 assessors..................I now would like to change that opinion.

I think all 3 of them should be frog marched from the court in handcuffs for this ridiculous travesty of justice.
They have been 'got at' of no doubt IMO.

And if they haven't then they are not fit to hold any position in the legal community....................carry on camping was serious compared with this ridiculous film it really was.

" I woke up and put my face in my hands................................fk me dear god.......................and they believed that crap?
" I moved the duvet off me but it wasn't on me and I saw Reevas legs...............the silhouette of her legs under it.................wtf?

And these 3 imbeciles believed all that and discounted the police photographs of the crime scene as they encountered it?
Which totally contradicted this 'liars' evidence?

Give me strength.

Rant over :tantrum:

Honestly, if Pistorius was black, 100% of the people in the world would consider him guilty without a second thought.

Are you allowed to say black?

I always used to say that coloured guy.
But then they said no you cant say that he's black.
And i said but he's coloured to and he doesn't mind and he calls me a white cXXZ lol

We both laugh about it so what's the problem?
Who brought all this crap into the world fgs?

If someone calls me a white guy..................no big deal................I am ffs!

I wonder if Nel might be thinking how fruitless it is to bring forward more witnesses for the sentencing, given how Masipa disregarded just about all the other ones he put on the stand. I know he has to carry on and do his best for Reeva's family, but I imagine he'll be feeling quite disheartened about everything now, and who could blame him.

love your posts soozie but I disagree.
Nels face at the verdict was not a man about to give in and I think he has the backing of the department after their post verdict interview.
JM has left the door wide open for an appeal on all fronts.
lets just hope she does a custodial 15 + 5 sentence first though which I think she will now after all the fuss:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member