awaiting sentencing phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tick tock, tick tock ... only :bed: :bed: to go.

I feel like I'm on an emotional :rollercoaster: at the moment and I'm ready to :scream:

Sleep is going to be a bit hard tonight. Possums are running over the roof and a mopoke is sitting in the tree right outside our bedroom window calling to its mate.

I recall that someone mentioned a while ago that whatsapp messages are not retained on the server. If that is so, why do I have no recollection of hearing on hacker sites, etc., that people should definitely communicate through whatsapp because of that? ( ps: I had never even heard of whatsapp before this trial)

Is it possible, if there is going to be an appeal, that Nel will raise that 1 minute after sentencing or can he wait? If so how long can he wait?

While required, I personally think that anyone dating anything next week will be meaningless. Given her verdict, I think she's known for a long time what's she going to do.

Tick tock, tick tock ... only :bed: :bed: to go.

I feel like I'm on an emotional :rollercoaster: at the moment and I'm ready to :scream:

Sleep is going to be a bit hard tonight. Possums are running over the roof and a mopoke is sitting in the tree right outside our bedroom window calling to its mate.

mopoke... Had to look that one up!

Interesting and thank you. Fortunately the absence of GPRS or otherwise for the Binge WhatsApp exchange wouldn't affect the rest of the GPRS argument. I had it as the target for the potentially 'tampered with' WhatsApps from 22:30-01:48, but if the phone has simply been wiped of all WhatsApps there isn't a need for this (although it would make an even more cunning subterfuge as, if the messages could be recovered somehow, they would still support the evidence).

But now for your points. As I understand Moller's chart, GPRS activations are only shown where they start, they are never a continuation of something that started earlier. So the 2G at 20:50-21:00 has to start no earlier than the end of the Binge call, e.g. 20:54:04. This is an example of me placing the time based on supporting factors. I'm also being generous because the existing GPRS connection would have to cut out first and it always lasts longer than the call (ref other calls), even if OP is achieving this manually (it takes a little time). I have changed the earliest start time in the range to 20:54:04 to reflect this point (and the subsequent earliest start to be 13 seconds later).

I have the GPRS connection covering the call being 1,755 seconds which means the earliest it can start is 20:24:49 if it ends at the same time as the call (unlikely) but just 18 seconds before the call starts. This has to cover the ringing time too!

However, I can't read the duration clearly and, as I have noted, it could be 1,795 seconds, adding a further 40 seconds to the 18, making a 58 second maximum pre-call connection. I don't buy it. Binge is clear that the exchange starts at 20:10 (not 'just prior' or similar) and both he and OP talk about a conversation going back and fore before OP calls.

Also note that there was a known bug in iOS 6 around this time whereby the signal could drop not long after a call ended. Perhaps we are seeing this (check the call to Jenna). 2G cuts in first, then 3G.

Finally, Reeva's switch to 2G at 20:04:00. I think this is simply her putting the phone down by the kettle! or perhaps walking upstairs past all the metal railings.

ETA1: After further thought I see I may have missed your key point re 2G and voice but not data (which is correct). Let me think about this and come back in a mo.

ETA2: After more further thought. Your theory makes a lot of sense but it is not what Moller's chart or Vodacom are reporting so I don't think your theory works. We know from Moller's charts that when a call is placed and the cell tower changes this is reported as one continuous GPRS connection on the original cell tower, with a duration spanning the call. The new cell tower is noted against the call (and if this changes mid-call it would not be recorded anywhere). I show the cell tower change merely by adding it in the list (examples are 17:36:27, 17:44:35 and 17:53:24). Note that in all instances the last call is over 2G but the GPRS duration spans all calls, irrespective of 3G or 2G. This is also the case for the Binge call. The duration is too similar to the length of the call duration to be anything else. Vodacom must add data and voice together to create a pseudo GPRS connection time. It's more like saying it is the signal duration from the time GPRS is initiated with the cell tower through to the earliest of GPRS dropping or the call ending time.

bbm
i find that the op/binge/whatsapps just don't fit the chart. i believe that clearing this up - having a logical explanation for them - actually helps to strengthen the argument that manual connections by op happened later on.
shame the sa vodacom engineers, or other telecoms experts are not browsing on here :)

bbm
i find that the op/binge/whatsapps just don't fit the chart. i believe that clearing this up - having a logical explanation for them - actually helps to strengthen the argument that manual connections by op happened later on.
shame the sa vodacom engineers, or other telecoms experts are not browsing on here :)

'Not fitting' supported my theory about how they might have been made to fit!

Manual connections are occurring from the moment OP gets home through to the following morning, all with good circumstantial reason. It could be that the Binge WhatsApp exchange is a complete red herring with a very simple explanation. Or maybe not. I'd love to know! I certainly enjoy these exchanges with you because it makes me think harder and double check things. Thank you. I should add that I have 30 years IT experience including some telecoms but I don't pretend to know everything. I too would like a few things confirmed!

Meanwhile, back to the Stipp call for me now ...

Tic-toc....I imagine he is scared of the unknown barreling toward him in just hours...
like a woman screaming seconds before she is shot dead

I don't.

I think he knows exactly what's coming - a bit of gentle telling-off by Masipa and then he will be let off free to go and enjoy himself.

My impression so far after this farce is that justice in South Africa is like the sludge in the bottom of a dirty dustbin - rotten and corrupt.

2012 London

The link further above is commentary on Pistorius' outburst in re: length of Olivera's blades.

have scoured YouTube without success. Can anyone point me to a video of OP's actual outburst?

If someone on here speaks Afrikaans could they please translate the time Baba gives for when the guard on the bike returns to report rifle shots. The interpreter translates it to "around ... past 3 " but I wonder if he gives a more accurate time.

He seems to say 5 syllables "Oor dren toor past drie" (I've made up the three middle syllables, maybe even the first one!) = "about something past three"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fZXV84kVWKI#t=1197

ETA: Sadly, Siri doesn't speak Afrikaans!

2012 London

The link further above is commentary on Pistorius' outburst in re: length of Olivera's blades.

have scoured YouTube without success. Can anyone point me to a video of OP's actual outburst?

try this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s50iIMl2S14
about 50 seconds in...

note the commentary that if op had continued with his previous heat times, he would have won. so, could the fault have been his own?
you could argue that the other guy's blades were not a problem until he dipped form in the final.

If someone on here speaks Afrikaans could they please translate the time Baba gives for when the guard on the bike returns to report rifle shots. The interpreter translates it to "around ... past 3 " but I wonder if he gives a more accurate time.

He seems to say 5 syllables "Oor dren toor past drie" (I've made up the three middle syllables, maybe even the first one!) = "about something past three"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fZXV84kVWKI#t=1197

ETA: Sadly, Siri doesn't speak Afrikaans!

Hey Mr Fossil,
I speak Afrikaans. I will happily translate, but cam you tell me the approx time in the video I should be looking at?

Hey Mr Fossil,
I speak Afrikaans. I will happily translate, but cam you tell me the approx time in the video I should be looking at?

Thank you, just click on the link and it takes you a few seconds before

ETA There's an option if you right click on a Youtube video to 'Copy video URL at current time'. The '#t=1197' says start 1,197 seconds into the video. There's a more readable, but slightly longer format where you add '&feature=youtu.be&t=19m57s' to do the same thing. There may be other ways too.

Thank you, just click on the link and it takes you a few seconds before

Unfortunately, he says "omtrent so past drie" which means approximately past three :(. It is common for Afrikaans speakers to sometimes mix in English words here and there.

Unfortunately, he says "omtrent so past drie" which means approximately past three :(. It is common for Afrikaans speakers to sometimes mix in English words here and there.

Thank you. Worth checking out but back to the grindstone ...

Feb 13 2013 Pretoria SA
92Fhigh 63F low

92F and she was wearing (heavy fabric shorts) and a vest in bed? yeah right.

92F was the daytime high, so it would have been nearer the 63F during the night.
But I agree, I would not be comfortable wearing that in bed on a warm night.

There was no evidence sought or given, as far as I'm aware, as to what (if anything) Reeva normally wore in bed.

Simple answer: Carl was there (both OP and Stander had called him and Carl probably called Oldwage who arrived not long after)

Hmm... I'm afraid I'm still "a doubting Thomas," as we say in the States.

And, yes, I'm aware that brother Carl was telephoned in the early hours of Feb. 14th, but that, in itself, doesn't tell me he actually showed up at OP's house that morning. If Carl was out-of-town that morning, he would probably, imo, have been called anyway.

I've just spent four hours trying to find something that would tell me that Carl was there or that he wasn't. I bombed out.

Thanks Cherwell. What she had on that night is the sort of thing I call my 'scruffs', the kind of thing you throw on during a hot evening when you get home from work. We all feel the heat differently but would be amazed if those were her jim jams (espesh three months into a relationship!). X

Hmm... I'm afraid I'm still "a doubting Thomas," as we say in the States.

And, yes, I'm aware that brother Carl was telephoned in the early hours of Feb. 14th, but that, in itself, doesn't tell me he actually showed up at OP's house that morning. If Carl was out-of-town that morning, he would probably, imo, have been called anyway.

I've just spent four hours trying to find something that would tell me that Carl was there or that he wasn't. I bombed out.

I could have saved you 4 hours. Carice confirms Carl is there in her testimony. I'll add a link shortly or you can check out Juror 13's site for a quick confirmation. Sam Greyvenstein also confirms he was already there when she arrived with Justin Divaris at about about 04:20 (from interview in Behind The Door).

ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTYFykD2nRk#t=1553

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member