AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe, 15 Jun 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Adrienne,
I laid in bed last night just agonizing over the fear and pain you must have felt. It really has haunted me that whoever did this to you has not been brought to justice.

I can't even begin to think about your poor parents and the fact that you were declared missing on Father's Day when your daddy went to find you, but could only find your car 2 blocks away from an unlocked, dirty apartment. I know you were a reasonable clean teenager and wouldn't allow you apartment to look that way if you had been there.

Everyone here has their thoughts with you and your family, A.

I personally pray there is justice on earth for A, even though there will be justice inevitably in heaven.

Any official word in Patricia's case? Does anyone know what manner has been ruled in her case?

I worry that we will never get answers, we may never know what happened to Adrienne, let alone who took her life. I worry that Adrienne and her family will never see justice. This case has gone quiet and there is no new leads or information coming out about it.

I wonder what was found forensically during autopsy and a search in the surrounding area where her remains were found. I want to believe that whoever did this to her will face justice and her family will get answers. I'm just not feeling right now that's ever going to happen. JMO

I worry that we will never get answers, we may never know what happened to Adrienne, let alone who took her life. I worry that Adrienne and her family will never see justice. This case has gone quiet and there is no new leads or information coming out about it.

I wonder what was found forensically during autopsy and a search in the surrounding area where her remains were found. I want to believe that whoever did this to her will face justice and her family will get answers. I'm just not feeling right now that's ever going to happen. JMO

Besides Adrienne's case, I follow Kelli Bordeaux, Jessica Heeringa, Paul DeWolf (newer) along with several older cases I keep my eye on, of which none have been solved todate. I'm beginning to wonder what good it does as there's no way to help to solve cases. Brainstorming doesn't do any good without having all the case evidence at hand. If LE had adequate evidence, you'd think they'd zero in on the perp. It's depressing.
My heart goes out to the families of the victims but, most of all, to the victims themselves.

Even in a recent case of a pastor's wife who was murdered in her own home and found on her couch, an arrest hasn't been made yet.
Dr. Edmond Locard, a French Scientist famous for uncovering trace evidence which led to proving a murder, said a murderer always leaves something behind as well as takes something away from the crime scene, known as Locard's exchange principle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locard's_exchange_principle

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/sc/web/series/1003122/catching-killers/3375550/trace-evidence

So what's stopping LE from solving cases these days?
A major reason is when there isn't a body. Another factor is the amount of time that elapses between the crime and finding the body.
(Yet, in Paul DeWolf's case, these aren't relevant.) Also time factors are at play between the moment LE suspects a crime took place and the start of the investigation. The longer the delay, chances of solving the crime decrease.

I conclude that criminals are knowledgeable about roadblocks that stand in LE's way to solving crimes and perps are acting accordingly.
How can there be so many lucky murderers going undetected for so long or forever? Look at Holly Bobo and the McStay family of four. Where are they?

Does this mean that some cases, where distance and time factors are hindrances, were more likely committed by organized criminals?
How can we explain that people are being murdered in their own homes without the perp leaving evidence behind?

Good post, Woe and I couldn't agree more!

With all of the newer technology and means to solve crimes, it seems as if we have so many unsolved.

I wonder if it is because we now as a society expect solid DNA evidence to bring to a jury, unlike even a decade ago. So many "bedroom crimes" leave so little forensic evidence that it is hard for Prosecutor's to win cases because of "reasonable doubt".

Witnesses, circumstantial evidence, logic, reason, etc are all overlooked for that elusive piece of DNA that supposedly solves the whole thing! Ugh!

I just spent the last few days reading Adriannes threads and crankys photo bucket and any msm I could find.
You guys have some great insights.
This is so mysterious, but I really feel that people questioned by LE have not told all they know. The timeline seems iffy!
It feels like her phone was in the the places the timeline specifies but not adrienne if that makes sense.
There seemed to be a whole lot going on that evening that was strange in itself and if it ended with a random unknown perp taking her that puts strange right off the scale!!
I hope swift justice for Adrianne and her family.

Besides Adrienne's case, I follow Kelli Bordeaux, Jessica Heeringa, Paul DeWolf (newer) along with several older cases I keep my eye on, of which none have been solved todate. I'm beginning to wonder what good it does as there's no way to help to solve cases. Brainstorming doesn't do any good without having all the case evidence at hand. If LE had adequate evidence, you'd think they'd zero in on the perp. It's depressing.
My heart goes out to the families of the victims but, most of all, to the victims themselves.

Even in a recent case of a pastor's wife who was murdered in her own home and found on her couch, an arrest hasn't been made yet.
Dr. Edmond Locard, a French Scientist famous for uncovering trace evidence which led to proving a murder, said a murderer always leaves something behind as well as takes something away from the crime scene, known as Locard's exchange principle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locard's_exchange_principle

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/sc/web/series/1003122/catching-killers/3375550/trace-evidence

So what's stopping LE from solving cases these days?
A major reason is when there isn't a body. Another factor is the amount of time that elapses between the crime and finding the body.
(Yet, in Paul DeWolf's case, these aren't relevant.) Also time factors are at play between the moment LE suspects a crime took place and the start of the investigation. The longer the delay, chances of solving the crime decrease.

I conclude that criminals are knowledgeable about roadblocks that stand in LE's way to solving crimes and perps are acting accordingly.
How can there be so many lucky murderers going undetected for so long or forever? Look at Holly Bobo and the McStay family of four. Where are they?

Does this mean that some cases, where distance and time factors are hindrances, were more likely committed by organized criminals?
How can we explain that people are being murdered in their own homes without the perp leaving evidence behind?

I hear ya Woe! I've long since believed that there is no such thing as the perfect crime, that somehow, somewhere, something will give away who did it. Yet I see so many unsolved cases here.

OTOH, look at the recent discovery of the two vehicles at the bottom of a lake in Oklahoma. 6 bodies were recovered. Their families had no idea if foul play was involvedo or not, their loved ones fell off the face of the earth, never to be seen nor heard from again. Neither were their cars found. They had no answers, no closure. Yet 40 years later, they were found.

I guess answers eventually come, but maybe not in our time. Maybe not at all. I never realized so many people can just disappear in a flash and never be heard from again. I didn't realize so many people can be found dead and the perp never caught, until I came here.

What we know is that Adrienne disappeared that morning. We know she is dead. That's all we know.

It's frustrating work. I can imagine how LE feels if we feel the way we do. But Locard is correct, every murderer takes something from the crime with him, and leaves something behind. LE just needs to find out what that thing is and tie it to the person.

And I guess we have to wait. Like you I've followed many unsolved cases here. LISK, McStay, Kelli Bordeaux, Jessica Herringa, Bob Harrod, Sky Metalwala, Susan Jacobson, and we have no answers, we are no closer to knowing what happened to them now then we did when they first disappeared.

Yet while I've been following cases here, many have been solved, Autumn Pasquale, Rebekah Gay, Marti Myers, Terrilynn Monette, Alanna Gallagher, Charles Guerts, Jack Culolias, the two teenage boys who headed towards the beach in SC, and their car went off into water, and they drowned.

Sometimes I feel like you, what's the point, but then we find someone, like Ayvani Perez.

I got very close to Adrienne's case, I guess because I was in Tempe the day she had the party and disappeared. Sometimes I get too connected to these cases.

Thank you for that Seajay. My heart breaks for the family members and loved ones of those found in the lake in Oklahoma. To imagine that they were right there all along, I would be devastated if I were in their shoes. Having answers after all these years brings comfort, but as much as I hate the water, I would never want my loved one to be there all of those years, so close, yet unseen. There are many cases like that, where someone drove into the water and just stayed there sometimes for years. I am so thankful that Terilynn Monette was found. It took a while, but her mother and loved ones no longer have to wonder.

I keep waiting for an arrest in Adrienne's case..........

The stats on unsolved homicides are pretty horrible...something like half, overall.
Often, LE probably knows who did it, but can't prove it.
In this case, IMO, I fear the killer was a stranger, with no known connection to Adrienne, which if true, is much more difficult to solve. Thinking of Morgan's case, where even with DNA, no one has been linked to her murder as yet, three years later. And we don't know if LE has any clue like that for Adrienne.

I hate that there is nothing at all new, almost since she was found over a month ago.

JMO

What a heartfelt post SeaJay, thank you.

I have only been here a few short years, I joined for Kyron Horman. He has still not been found.

Also Hailey Dunn. She was found and I never ever thought they would find her.

Adrienne's killer will be found, I have to hope & believe...

jmo

I think it all comes down to family members getting answers. Whether those answers are good or bad, they are answers, they know the outcome of their missing loved one.

I can't imagine going 40 years without knowing what happened to my child, or parent.

For Rick Salinas, he knows what happened to his baby girl. Maybe not how, or who, but he knows where she is now. I look at other cases where a child disappeared and many years later, they don't know if that child is alive or long gone.

Bringing closure is what I guess we do here, try to help locate the missing and to think out of the box, to get answers for the families.

Hey margarita :)

I haven't heard any more on Patricia Martinez's case but can only assume it may have been something her family didn't want to make public IMHO ...

However a 29 year old woman has gone missing from the Flagstaff area now :(
http://www.k5thehometeam.com/story/...-from-flagstaff?clienttype=mobile&config=H264

I hope that her case is not a suicide or homicide....

Or connected to this flagstaff abduction and rape earlier this month....

http://www.kpho.com/story/23353987/pd-2-men-kidnap-rape-flagstaff-woman

I'm so sad about how quiet all the talk about Adrienne has gone now that we're reopened here. I hope it's not reflective of how it is locally or among LE. :(

I'm so sad about how quiet all the talk about Adrienne has gone now that we're reopened here. I hope it's not reflective of how it is locally or among LE. :(

I know. I'm sad about it too. I check in here often, in hopes that something new has been found that would lead to whoever murdered her. Adrienne is etched in my heart. I have a granddaughter the same age who is in community college in another town close by. I would be devastated if anything like this happened to my baby girl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back