AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe, 15 Jun 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.kpho.com/slideshow?widgetid=86886

Looking through the mugshots there are some strange people.
I like the way they are organized by each week. If more than one person is involved with the same crime, the explanation of the situation is continued under the picture that follows.

I was wondering if the wanted mugshots we saw from August news articles as recently discussed in this thread, potentially could have anything to do with AS's case. That's how I ended up looking at all the recent arrests/mugshots.

Think about the drying process of flowers in sand. A huge difference from being buried in soil.

RSBM for brevity. I am catching up but stopping here to thank Bernina for saying all of this again. I recalled, after posting last night, that Adrienne had probably been "buried" in the sand/silt and that that might have kept her tissues and organs "viable" (for lack of a better word) for longer than if she had been exposed to the elements, and that might skew Woe's excellent research about decomp/DNA, etc.

So thanks again to you, Bernina. You are a real asset for us here.

RSBM for brevity. I am catching up but stopping here to thank Bernina for saying all of this again. I recalled, after posting last night, that Adrienne had probably been "buried" in the sand/silt and that that might have kept her tissues and organs "viable" (for lack of a better word) for longer than if she had been exposed to the elements, and that might scew Woe's excellent research about decomp/DNA, etc.

So thanks again to you, Bernina. You are a real asset for us here.

AZPG, it's really hard to grasp if you don't live here. It's like the mummified remains in Peru and other places in South America. It's not the process used by the Egyptians, it just the arid climate and being protected by the elements. How much this may protect sources of DNA, I don't know. Some old guy buried a mule 25 years ago up in the hills in a dry wash. The whole thing came out of there about 10 years ago. There was limbs busted but barely attached and you could tell it was a mule. Even the ears had mummified. We didn't check it out till the buzzards came and that was about 2 weeks after the major rain that brought it to the surface and washed it down off the hill. One of the old timers up here identified it by it's halter which was still intact and you could tell it was red at some point.
You can go explore caves on the 4 Corner Rez, below the Mesas on the walls, and find mummified bodies. They also have some on display at Montezuma's Well, or did when I was a kid. Some of the inhabitants dug caves and were met with poisonous gas, the rest of the tribe didn't retrieve their bodies so the stayed there till archaeologists got them out with gas masks centuries later.
We just don't have a high water table that makes the ground moist and more conducive to decomp.

I am local - living here in the Phoenix area for the last 17 years - and have done lots of exploring, so I do get what you're saying, Bernina. Just was not thinking like that when I read the posts last night. I was reading and taking it in, but not using my own experiences for reference and variables. Then I had an "a-ha!" moment driving home... and recalled the variables that can alter some of what woe reported to us.

and O/T but I had never heard of Paulden before seeing you on WS and have since checked it out online and seen some really awesome photos. (Of course, AZ is a big ole photo opportunity everywhere! Lots of open sky!)

I wonder if they found her little pink bow necklace during the search? :(

Pooley said in the article that they believe she was not left/buried in that area she was recovered, but rather washed down from a creek.

That to me means she was around water and in a somewhat different climate up in those mountains. That would effect the remains completely differently than if she were at desert level and left among the arid sand/silt

I am local - living here in the Phoenix area for the last 17 years - and have done lots of exploring, so I do get what you're saying, Bernina. Just was not thinking like that when I read the posts last night. I was reading and taking it in, but not using my own experiences for reference and variables. Then I had an "a-ha!" moment driving home... and recalled the variables that can alter some of what woe reported to us.

and O/T but I had never heard of Paulden before seeing you on WS and have since checked it out online and seen some really awesome photos. (Of course, AZ is a big ole photo opportunity everywhere! Lots of open sky!)

"It's a DRY heat!" LOL! Phoenix has turned into a "Green Belt" since I lived there, the humidity is a bit more than I grew up in, swamp coolers worked real well all but maybe 21 days of the summer. (Psssttt....we actually have "seasons" up here, or if we get bored, just drive down to the Dells in Prescott to see Fall come in!)
Here's one of the gully washers we had last week.....
DSC02644.jpg

DSC02647.jpg

This is about 50' from my gate, the fenceline for Gunsite Training Center is right up on that ridge in back. We're up in the hills south of the Chino Wash that runs through Paulden. VERY rural and the gunfire from Gunsite keeps a lot of the area around us vacant.

Speak of the devil. Flood warnings here in palm desert... Tv just started screaming it at me...

Regarding time zone issues on phones, something very strange happened this weekend. We took a "Sunday Drive" to Apache Junction and "Tortilla Flats". I noticed my cell phone changed times-it went one hour forward. I noticed this when we were near a lake in that area. By the time we got back to Apache Junction, it switched to the actual/correct time. It was the strangest thing.

I continue to wonder about the time difference- roommates said bf called the one roommate around 2:30 (paraphrasing) and I think one said that's what the bf told her? Then the bf showed LE his phone to demonstrate when he called her roommate to watch out for Adrienne walking back- the report said phone was 3:30..... with this bit of info quoted above, it makes me start thinking about it again...
so if you leave for a drive around 2:30, but drove out to apache junction, made a call, the call would say around 3:30, right? then returning back home, phone would say the earlier time again? Am I right? Following me, I'm so tired don't know if I'm being clear
All My Opinion :)

Off Topic- there is news on Elaina Steinfurth if you know about the case and havent' heard, check out her thread :facepalm:

"KPHO reports detectives have been looking for more evidence related to the case in the surrounding area since the discovery of the remains. Sgt. Pooley said they are *searching for personal items*, such as:

a *wallet* or *cell phone*.

****'We don't believe she was dumped in the area where we are searching,'**** Pooley said.

Police said they believe recent rains could have swept her body down the creek bed."

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis....8836&feed_id=999&videofeed=999&nb_splitPage=3

...perhaps they will find undergarments that have the perps DNA on it? Although it pains me to say that, it may also be the missing link.

I continue to wonder about the time difference- roommates said bf called the one roommate around 2:30 (paraphrasing) and I think one said that's what the bf told her? Then the bf showed LE his phone to demonstrate when he called her roommate to watch out for Adrienne walking back- the report said phone was 3:30..... with this bit of info quoted above, it makes me start thinking about it again...
so if you leave for a drive around 2:30, but drove out to apache junction, made a call, the call would say around 3:30, right? then returning back home, phone would say the earlier time again? Am I right? Following me, I'm so tired don't know if I'm being clear
All My Opinion :)

Off Topic- there is news on Elaina Steinfurth if you know about the case and havent' heard, check out her thread :facepalm:

This is exactly what I was thinking!! I should have made a call to see what time it would have registered!

I wonder if lime (Lyme? ) or other chemicals would hold the buzzards off longer. By that point I guess not.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Lime neutralizes odors. As a body starts to decompose, the moisture gets sucked into the lime, creating heat, that provides an atmosphere that creates a PH level not conducive to odor producing bacteria.......crud...lot of $20 dollar phrases in there.
Simply put, lime will attract moisture, when it gets damp or wet, it creates heat, and if you've ever handled it, it can get hot when water is added to it. The heat prevents and/or kills the bacteria causing odor. It also draws moisture from the body, the end result which is similar to mummification. It does NOT have disinfecting qualities like old timers used to think, "white washing" barns, chicken coops, etc, but the heat would kill some parasites (chicken mites and lice) and eliminate odors and dry out poop and urine. It would also "freshen" stalls, after they had been stripped, or the urine spots mucked out, by applying on the stinky areas.
So lime gets rid of the smell and helps dry out whatever it is that has a moisture content ie., no buzzards and partially/ maybe totally mummified remains.....until it has a chance to re-hydrate. Then the reverse will start, faster or slower, depending on whether the body is submerged, laying on a wet surface, etc. It doesn't help decompose a body rapidly. Depending on how much is used, it actually will help preserve it, minus the fluid. I have no idea how it affects DNA. There are also several types of lime, just have to use more of one or less with another.
If something was buried in the sand, and had lime tossed in with it, the dehydrating and odor killing properties would work even more quickly and better.
*Might want to make note of that for future reference if you have to bury something*

Before SA's body was found the BF took 3 polys.

After her body was found, police did say they were going back to re-interview everyone.

Posted: Aug 15, 2013 8:38 AM CST Updated: Aug 30, 2013 3:23 PM CST

"At this point in the investigation, we do not conclusively know Adrienne's cause or manner of death. We will continue to work with the Medical Examiner's office and other law enforcement partners, but we cannot rule anything out and we have not as of yet classified this case as a homicide," Pooley said in a statement Friday afternoon.

Pooley said no suspects have been named, and no one has been ruled out in the disappearance of Salinas, including her boyfriend and the cab driver.
http://www.kpho.com/story/23145039/remains-found-in-wash-identified-as-adrienne-salinas

Both are OFF LIMITS at this time.

You can discuss what has been reported in MSM, but without making allegations.

Lime neutralizes odors. As a body starts to decompose, the moisture gets sucked into the lime, creating heat, that provides an atmosphere that creates a PH level not conducive to odor producing bacteria.......crud...lot of $20 dollar phrases in there.
Simply put, lime will attract moisture, when it gets damp or wet, it creates heat, and if you've ever handled it, it can get hot when water is added to it. The heat prevents and/or kills the bacteria causing odor. It also draws moisture from the body, the end result which is similar to mummification. It does NOT have disinfecting qualities like old timers used to think, "white washing" barns, chicken coops, etc, but the heat would kill some parasites (chicken mites and lice) and eliminate odors and dry out poop and urine. It would also "freshen" stalls, after they had been stripped, or the urine spots mucked out, by applying on the stinky areas.
So lime gets rid of the smell and helps dry out whatever it is that has a moisture content ie., no buzzards and partially/ maybe totally mummified remains.....until it has a chance to re-hydrate. Then the reverse will start, faster or slower, depending on whether the body is submerged, laying on a wet surface, etc. It doesn't help decompose a body rapidly. Depending on how much is used, it actually will help preserve it, minus the fluid. I have no idea how it affects DNA. There are also several types of lime, just have to use more of one or less with another.
If something was buried in the sand, and had lime tossed in with it, the dehydrating and odor killing properties would work even more quickly and better.
*Might want to make note of that for future reference if you have to bury something*
J.W.Gacy used bags of lime when he buried his victims in his crawl space. can you imagine all those bodies under your house EWWWWWW!!!!!

Looking for news, hoping to hear of a break in the case! Still here, Adrienne!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz
Back