AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything you just don't want to tip off the suspects. In case they, ya know, decide to create a WS username for a minute and then delete it just to pop by and read this ;)

Then again, couldn't they view this thread without creating a user name anyhow?

You don't have to be logged in to read anything that is not in the basement.

Just so you all know...it appears that one of our players worked for the same radio station my show was aired out of. How coincidental! In fact, he used to call in on my show regularly.

I think for myself, the biggest initial indicator that something was "off" is the reported time the call for a cab came in and the time it is reported he began calling Adrienne. From this MSM report the cab driver should have arrived at 4:43 approx. but he does not call her for 20 minutes at 5:05. Where was he all the extra time?

"You get the call. In this case it came in at 4:23, and the closest driver was about 20 minutes away," said Thomas Simon, owner of Scottsdale Cab Guy. He said the driver was his son, Tom.

Simon said after getting the call, his son headed to that area and followed their procedure.

Simon said his son called Salinas at 5:04 a.m. and 5:05 a.m. to make sure she was headed to the gas station. He said at 5:06 a.m., Salinas called his son, saying she'd be there in a minute. Then he called Salinas at 5:07 a.m. looking for her, but the phone went to voicemail.

http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.c...cab-company-called-by-missing-teen-speaks-out

jmo

I think for myself, the biggest initial indicator that something was "off" is the reported time the call for a cab came in and the time it is reported he began calling Adrienne. From this MSM report the cab driver should have arrived at 4:43 approx. but he does not call her for 20 minutes at 5:05. Where was he all the extra time?

http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.c...cab-company-called-by-missing-teen-speaks-out

jmo

the timeline of the security cam footage at oreillys? when did that occur? vs, the timeframe of the cam footage at ampm?

jmo

Well stated, Wide!!! :)

Another thing that has bothered me is this. How do we know she asked the cab to pick her up at the AM/PM. Oh yeah, that's right. That's what the cab company told us. I wonder if it was her idea or theirs.

Been thinking about all this taxi talk. I think Wide has great points above ^^ and I have one other question: do cab drivers usually call BEFORE they get to a destination to "make sure" their customer will be there? I can see him calling after 20 minutes (around 4:45am) when he was supposed to arrive (to say he was running late; this is something AAA does), but not so much later (after 5am). Not sleuthing cabbie- wondering if this is common.

That being said, DH just took a shuttle to the airport and they called 5 minutes before arriving to tell him to be ready.

the timeline of the security cam footage at oreillys? when did that occur? vs, the timeframe of the cam footage at ampm?

There is an approximate 20 minute gap in the timestamp from when Adrienne and the dark 4 door vehicle was seen, and the purported last phone calls between Adrienne and the cab. A good analysis can be found beginning on page 13 in the last thread. If our page numbers don't sync up due to monitor settings, let me know and I'll go back and get the post number for you so you can look for it that way. It's a rather lengthy and detailed exchange.

It should also be noted that the cab company was called at 4:23 and was purportedly 20 minutes away. That would put the cab there sometime around 4:45-4:50-ish, but the cabbie, his father, the AMPM video, or someone at the cab company, puts the cab arriving at 5:07 - or a full 44 minutes after it was dispatched.

Maybe the driver called in-between and we just don't know about it. We may not know the entire schedule of calls.

I do think it is possible she asked to be picked up away from home. I think she wanted to get out of the apartment before anyone asked her where she was going, etc. and away from the complex. Possible, anyway.

If I really wanted to get to my BF's house, no one would be able to talk me out of going, especially if I was going in a cab and not driving. At 19 I did what I wanted to do. I would never have walked down the street, anywhere, at 4:30 am, unless there was absolutely no other alternative for me. If she was going to the AM/PM, as we all surmise she was, I don't think it was her idea to go there. I think it was someone else's idea.
JMHO

Sorry to butt in but I remember that there was a later article that had changed timings for the initial call and the call back from the cabbie, and they made more sense (no long gap). But don't ask me to find that article now!

Maybe the driver called in-between and we just don't know about it. We may not know the entire schedule of calls.

I do think it is possible she asked to be picked up away from home. I think she wanted to get out of the apartment before anyone asked her where she was going, etc. and away from the complex. Possible, anyway.

This is more than likely.

I'm also not sure that it was AMPM that was mutually decided upon, but we'll just have to go by what's been reported and leave it at that for now. Or, it could've been AMPM that was decided upon, but someone arrived before she got there and thus met up with her where she was. Or, someone passed her on the way and pulled in to pick her up a little earlier. Multiple possibilities along this line of thinking.

I sure wish you could find it. I've never seen any other times than these.

Sorry to butt in but I remember that there was a later article that had changed timings for the initial call and the call back from the cabbie, and they made more sense (no long gap). But don't ask me to find that article now!

4:23 is a difficult time to pull out of thin air, and it was stated on camera by the cab company owner.

After just crashing her car...I doubt she wanted to stop and explain all that, and then still insist on going to BF's, rather than get someone to help her make sure the car was in a secure place, or see if she was injured, or any of the things one does after wrecking their car. But she only wanted to go to BF's and was not going to get into a discussion that might prevent or delay that from happening. JMO

Though I agree that it's possible, I think that adding too many extra variables just to avoid the giant Occam's elephant in the room is not helping Adrienne. It's not you I'm speaking to directly here - it's all of us, because the limitations imposed on us have forced us to think too abstractly, and we're adding too many links in the proverbial chain, IMO. I think many of us have a good idea of what happened that night, but we're not able to discuss it. And it's utterly frustrating.

Actually I think it's a valid theory (her hopping into another cab while walking). I've been thinking that too. And especially since LE cleared the cabbie. It's pretty certain that she got into someone's car, right? I mean, what else could have happened? It must have been a car that took her. It wasn't a street mugging right there, she would have been found by now. She must have gotten into someone's car.

I'm just saying when I was 19 years old and madly in love, and if I had been fighting with my BF and drinking, I doubt I would have been capable of thinking rational enough to have me ask a cab to meet me several blocks away from where I lived just because I didn't want my roommates interfering with my plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79