AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE is not likely to tell the public anything unless they need something specific from us. As for recalling details to the minute, which this case is all about, it is probably already too late.

Then there is no point to ask the public to help, nor is there any point to this thread. If they have it under control, then more power to them. Missing for 5 weeks and going on the NG show saying they haven't a clue leads me to believe that control of anything - particularly information - is not exactly something they possess.

Then there is no point to ask the public to help, nor is there any point to this thread. If they have it under control, then more power to them. Missing for 5 weeks and going on the NG show saying they haven't a clue leads me to believe that control of anything - particularly information - is not exactly something they possess.

Unless the information can potentially harm, the videos can harm, an investigation or an innocent person, I don't understand why they don't just put it out there.

We have a lot of cases in this same status. That is why I tend to think LE does not handle MP cases well.

Once again, I don't like the timeline vs video surveillance discrepancies (which there have been quite a few)

5:05AM: Tom calls to say he's almost there...REPLY: "I'm not there yet, but I'll be there in a minute."
The above was from Cab Guy at 4:11pm today on previous thread.
Sooo.....if the cab is seen on video surveillance at AMPM at 5am (timestamped) why would he say he's almost there at 5:05am???

It could be possible that Tom turned around and headed back to AMPM after leaving at 5:00:28 because at 5:03 and or 5:04, he connected with her by phone and she said she was on her way? Perhaps this is where his 5:05 response of "almost there" comes into play. And I know this was mentioned earlier, but is there a place in view of a camera just to the side of the entrance where he could have been parked and waiting???

Once again, I don't like the timeline vs video surveillance discrepancies (which there have been quite a few)

5:05AM: Tom calls to say he's almost there...REPLY: "I'm not there yet, but I'll be there in a minute."
The above was from Cab Guy at 4:11pm today on previous thread.
Sooo.....if the cab is seen on video surveillance at AMPM at 5am (timestamped) why would he say he's almost there at 5:05am???

It could be possible that Tom turned around and headed back to AMPM after leaving at 5:00:28 because at 5:03 and or 5:04, he connected with her by phone and she said she was on her way? Perhaps this is where his 5:05 response of "almost there" comes into play. And I know this was mentioned earlier, but is there a place in view of a camera just to the side of the entrance where he could have been parked and waiting???

IF you're seen on video surveillance timestamped at 5am sharp, it is highly unlikely that you'd call anyone and say you're almost there at 5:05am.
Just moo.....

But heck, maybe it's just me being a stickler about the timeline for the last known hour or so of AS's life. I'm funny like that.....

:banghead:

I think it's the same two guys who threw a girl in the back of a gold crown Vic (looks darker grey on black and white surveillance cam) in mesa back in April this year that police never found.

http://www.kpho.com/story/22007124/mesa-pd-screams-from-trunk-raises-suspicions

Or something similar to this. IMO

Well, it would have been nice if there'd been a follow up story but there seldom is...

Anyhow, we don't know she was picked up by a CV... we don't even know for sure what was on the video from O'Reilly's (because it is a sooper seekrit video of no importance *snark/OFF*). So, while the alleged person in the trunk may in fact have been abducted in a similar fashion (I so hope not) it's kinda hard to link the two situations, IMO.

That said, I hope a) the witness is mistaken and b) if not, I hope the person in the trunk is okay.

And this reminds me of our original PM discussion 2Hip which I have not forgotten, nor have I abandoned. <3

I'm feeling very disheartened this morning. It seems like we're still at square one. Looking over the (amazing) timeline that Mamacita has done for us still leaves me no closer to understanding what happened. It really seems to all boil down to those last 5 (or so) minutes.

I'm still leaning very strongly towards random abduction, although I hope I'm wrong, because if so, the chances of solving this one become even more slight.

The speed at which she disappeared from the streets considering the timeline and video suggests to me that if she wasn't put into a vehicle, then somebody is pulling an ariel castro.

I just don't know what else is left.

I guess Poole really shut everyone up, lol. I mean, I am glad he spoke about the driver, but since there is no other information coming from LE...they must either not need help, or not want it? No wonder families get so frustrated. On the surface, it often looks like nothing much is being done.

I think LE probably is looking at similar-type cases. Problem is, it sounds like most of those other cases also remain unsolved. So no one got plate numbers, I guess.

If TS believes he spoke to the same person all along, and it sounds like he does, I do think he was speaking with Adrienne. But I cannot imagine where she was all of that time, up to and including the time her phone apparently stopped working. Maybe she went to look at her car, since the driver said he would be a while?

I wonder where the cellphone towers are, exactly.. he (Sgt Pooley, on NG) said her phone was pinging off the one nearest her apartment the entire time till it went dead, but how far away are the others and how near is that one, i wonder? What range did she have to be in, given the ping, I wonder?

ETA - I should've asked google, heh -

http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Tempe-Arizona.html

adding to my map...

ETA 2 - many many more here - http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=tempe&state_abr=az
hm

All, I'm new here so be nice :)

I live in Mesa AZ and have been following this story since it broke. Today there was another write up on it on it on a site I always visit (azcentral or azfamily...sorry I was at work and can't remember) and that made me start looking at the time line. Using the power of the internets I found this thread and mamacita's AMAZING time line! Thanks for that!

Someone said what I've been thinking: How does anyone know that was her on the phone calling for the cab?

Also (pure speculation but I've read enough about this kind of stuff to know what's going on) it's almost ALMOST always someone the vic knows and/or trusts.

Taking that into account: She's probably drunk and tired (or tipsy and tired) it's after 4am, she whacked a curb (that turn is sharp and if you're going fast or not paying attention or impaired you'll smack it) hard enough to blow both her tires. Driver side tires right? That would mean she swerved out of her lane to do that.

Limps the car *almost home*. Why almost? it wasn't that much further to go...

Comes in, changes for whatever reason (I can think of a few off the top of my head). Then...this is where it gets HUH? leaves without her keys or wallet although she's supposedly getting cab.

Ok, I think I have my facts somewhat straight here. Now lets look at the WHYs.

She's messed up, fighting with the BF, there's a party going on. "hey baby, you need a ride to your BF's place, I'm headed that way."

That's what I'm thinking happen.

OR

Jealous girl kills her and to throw off the scent calls a cab so people will think the cabbie did it.

I'm on and off the internets the next few days so I won't be able to check back as often as I can see some...errr...MOST of you can, but someone think with me...shoot holes in my ideas. Hell, I'm off all next week, I can drive around and take pix and video of the areas if you want.

For some reason this is driving me nuts. I got the same way with the serial shooters a few years ago...

Again, I'm new, I don't know what the protocol is here (yes, I read "the rules) but if this is too long winded or is revisiting something someone already beat to death I'm sorry. I just think this thing is solvable.

I live in Mesa AZ and have been following this story since it broke. Today there was another write up on it on it on a site I always visit (azcentral or azfamily...sorry I was at work and can't remember) and that made me start looking at the time line. Using the power of the internets I found this thread and mamacita's AMAZING time line! Thanks for that!

Someone said what I've been thinking: How does anyone know that was her on the phone calling for the cab?

Also (pure speculation but I've read enough about this kind of stuff to know what's going on) it's almost ALMOST always someone the vic knows and/or trusts.

Taking that into account: She's probably drunk and tired (or tipsy and tired) it's after 4am, she whacked a curb (that turn is sharp and if you're going fast or not paying attention or impaired you'll smack it) hard enough to blow both her tires. Driver side tires right? That would mean she swerved out of her lane to do that.

Comes in, changes for whatever reason (I can think of a few off the top of my head). Then...this is where it gets HUH? leaves without her keys or wallet although she's supposedly getting cab.

She's messed up, fighting with the BF, there's a party going on. "hey baby, you need a ride to your BF's place, I'm headed that way."

OR

Jealous girl kills her and to throw off the scent calls a cab so people will think the cabbie did it.

I'm on and off the internets the next few days so I won't be able to check back as often as I can see some...errr...MOST of you can, but someone think with me...shoot holes in my ideas. Hell, I'm off all next week, I can drive around and take pix and video of the areas if you want.

For some reason this is driving me nuts. I got the same way with the serial shooters a few years ago...

Again, I'm new, I don't know what the protocol is here (yes, I read "the rules) but if this is too long winded or is revisiting something someone already beat to death I'm sorry. I just think this thing is solvable.

Welcome, LizardBoy----great first post. :rockon:

What I've boldened in your post above I can speculate about: Perhaps she didn't want a car with flat tires parked at her apartment for fear of people or LE asking questions and knowing she was intoxicated? She may have suspected that she was seen banging into that curb 'cause a 911 call went out about it from a witness & they got her plates.

Also, since you're local, could you check and see if the Circle K has missing posters up. Someone on social media said there's like 5 missing person posters in the last two months that have been put up there.

TIA.

The one (cellphone tower) at 1115 W Fifth is pretty near by -

http://goo.gl/maps/kDySO

just trying to figure out where she was the last time she made a call since Sgt Pooley said her ping was right there in the area of her apartment... but how close is "right there" if you're going by ping? So that's where my train of thought is with this right now...

OR

Daaayum. Nice post, LizardBoy! Several of us are new here and came for the same reason (Adrienne).

My favorite part of the above... " I just think this thing is solvable." :rockon:

Welcome! Great people here.

PS: We're "neighbors". ;)

Welcome to Websleuths, LizardBoy! :welcome:

Great first post, I hope you stick around. :)

Welcome, LizardBoy----great first post. :rockon:

What I've boldened in your post above I can speculate about: Perhaps she didn't want a car with flat tires parked at her apartment for fear of people or LE asking questions and knowing she was intoxicated? She may have suspected that she was seen banging into that curb 'cause a 911 call went out about it from a witness & they got her plates.

Also, since you're local, could you check and see if the Circle K has missing posters up. Someone on social media said there's like 5 missing person posters in the last two months that have been put up there.

TIA.

Another possibility is she drove it until she could no longer control it (i.e. until the air was completely gone in her tires, or a suspension component broke).

I'm actually moving this weekend but like I said, I have all the time in the world next week. I'll run as much recon as I can for us. Thanks for the love :)

Also, one more point of interest: Cabbie calls her ONE MINUTE LATER and it goes straight to VM. Phone was turned off, smashed or...and this is the thing noone's mentioned...it died. She's been on her phone CONSTANTLY for hours. I carry 2 cell phones (one work, one personal...iPhone and Droid respectively) I use them about 1/4 as much as a 19 year old girl does and they run out of juice pretty frequently.

As I previously said, I've read A LOT about this kind of stuff and it's almost always someone the vic knew. My gut tells me it was someone at that party. I could write 3x as much as what I just posted but I want all your feedback and thoughts.

Again, thank you for the warm reception. We're not better than LE (ok...debatable but that would piss off my cop friends) but I HOPE they read these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3