AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. But the point is when they say she was "near her apartment" they could be talking about within a five mile radius. Unless they have GPS, which they could pinpoint pretty accurately.

Aha this is true! I'm
Going to try and see if I can find a map out of all cell towers in Tempe. Will return and provide link if I do :)

http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Tempe-Arizona.html

http://find.mapmuse.com/directory/cell-towers/az/TEMPE

I wonder who her service provider was....

All the dang towers seem to be nowhere near her apt! One is on 17th and broadway, one is on Price fwy south of apartment, and another over near baseline and guadalupe.

They are all south and pretty dang far. Annoying! I'm sure LE were able to map close to her exact area measuring the distance and average between all of the towers in the area in relation to her location. Makes it impossible for us to know this for sure ourselves though :(

Either way, I hope they said 'she was near her apartment' in the context that they have her GPS. This would be much more valuable to them than a mere tower hit and "few mile radius"- especially under such bizarre circumstances and with such a large suspect pool.

Just seems like LE would have a better idea of what may have happened, if they knew exactly where she was, so to me, it seems like they don't know.

Just seems like LE would have a better idea of what may have happened, if they knew exactly where she was, so to me, it seems like they don't know.

This could be why they know she was kidnapped. She could have been, for example, halfway to AMPM but still technically 'near her apartment'. If they pinpointed her on the sidewalk by the park, and her phone subsequenly went dead, then that would be the likely point of abduction. In a situation like this, they would likely know what happened, but they wouldn't likely know how it happened or who perpetrated it.

This could be why they know she was kidnapped. She could have been, for example, halfway to AMPM but still technically 'near her apartment'. If they pinpointed her on the sidewalk by the park, and her phone subsequenly went dead, then that would be the likely point of abduction. In a situation like this, they would likely know what happened, but they wouldn't likely know how it happened or who perpetrated it.

In Kortne Stouffer's case, LE said this week that they believe she was taken from her apartment but really only based on negative evidence, i.e nothing to show a struggle but nothing to say she left on her own either. Like Katelyn Markham, that was the last place she was known to be. But with Adrienne...I am not sure if they really know where she was last. I hope they do. (Although neither Kortne or Katelyn's cases are solved, so not sure how much it helps.)

http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Tempe-Arizona.html

http://find.mapmuse.com/directory/cell-towers/az/TEMPE

I wonder who her service provider was....

All the dang towers seem to be nowhere near her apt! One is on 17th and broadway, one is on Price fwy south of apartment, and another over near baseline and guadalupe.

They are all south and pretty dang far. Annoying! I'm sure LE were able to map close to her exact area measuring the distance and average between all of the towers in the area in relation to her location. Makes it impossible for us to know this for sure ourselves though :(

Find the casemap I made for Adrienne and posted earlier in the case and you'll find the cell towers that I felt were nearest her home. One was on ASU A Mountain, one was on what, Hardy? something like that. I'll see if I can find the link.

ETA - sorry, I was thinking of W 5th - http://goo.gl/maps/crRLk

Anyone figure out what brand of phone she had yet?

Find the casemap I made for Adrienne and posted earlier in the case and you'll find the cell towers that I felt were nearest her home. One was on ASU A Mountain, one was on what, Hardy? something like that. I'll see if I can find the link.

ETA - sorry, I was thinking of W 5th - http://goo.gl/maps/crRLk

Thank YOU! :)

I too wonder what brand and provider.
I don't know! Argh!
(Harrumph and sigh)

In Kortne Stouffer's case, LE said this week that they believe she was taken from her apartment but really only based on negative evidence, i.e nothing to show a struggle but nothing to say she left on her own either. Like Katelyn Markham, that was the last place she was known to be. But with Adrienne...I am not sure if they really know where she was last. I hope they do. (Although neither Kortne or Katelyn's cases are solved, so not sure how much it helps.)

Indeed. Like you I hope they have it, but I'm just not sure they do. It would be nice for a variety of reasons, up to and including potentially helping to put a monster behind bars. Being able to pinpoint things like that can be compelling evidence to a jury, and hard to defend against if it incriminates you.

Still not pointing a finger at the Bf -
but 36 hours!!!

He got 32 calls and a text that said I'm coming over - she didn't show and he never called her back ?

That sounds more like he was trying break up with her that night to me.
imo
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

He did text her back at 12:01 pm only 7 hours and 18 mins after she texted him. Not sure if I'm breaking any rules. I'm new. I just read them; however, it's late. The clip is from the news. If you pause it about 43 second spot you can see her text to him, and his text back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQrIxMDIQCQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

He did text her back at 12:01 pm only 7 hours and 18 mins after she texted him. Not sure if I'm breaking any rules. I'm new. I just read them; however, it's late. The clip is from the news. If you pause it about 43 second spot you can see her text to him, and his text back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQrIxMDIQCQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just using your post to jump off from...

I think this amount of time is reasonable for someone to sleep, especially after a big night - even if he didn't stay too late at the party he still had an emotionally exhausting night with Adrienne. If he had his phone on 'silent' or off, he wouldn't have heard/seen the calls/text until he woke up the next day. He wouldn't have made it home until 2/3am (can't remember exactly, I'll need to review the timeline) so he wouldn't have fallen asleep until fairly late (or early) that morning, so him sleeping until just before midday doesn't seem all that unusual to me. As others have said, maybe he was just tired of the drama of the evening and decided he would give her some time to calm down, so he went to bed and ignored the calls.

Whatever happened, it's likely he feels absolutely horrible now, and he has been cleared by LE... so I'm not sure we'll be able to find any info on her disappearance by going over his story. I don't believe he was involved in any kind of cover up with another of her (or his) friends, it seems a bit far fetched.

Everything is starting to point to either a random abduction while she was on her way to meet a cab, or someone from the party coercing her into their car when she was leaving her apartment for the final time. I just wish we had more to go on so we could narrow it down a little further.

:moo: :twocents:

ETA: I just noticed that was your first post! Welcome to Websleuths, Widget! :welcome:

From Adrienne's Inagram acct.
It may pixelate when I crop it.

uploadfromtaptalk1375160944676.jpg
* if this blows the margins
let me know !

Here is the original picture.
uploadfromtaptalk1375161310904.jpg

Wish I could make that out. I heard that it's T-Mobile. Does anyone know their typical Android type phone? If so, could you check it against the one in her hand?

Also, I'm concerned that she may be a 'pay as you go' customer. The reason for my concern is because I don't know if the same type of services are available to those customers - particularly GPS. Can anyone verify that GPS is available to pay as you go?

Wish I could make that out. I heard that it's T-Mobile. Does anyone know their typical Android type phone? If so, could you check it against the one in her hand?

Also, I'm concerned that she may be a 'pay as you go' customer. The reason for my concern is because I don't know if the same type of services are available to those customers - particularly GPS. Can anyone verify that GPS is available to pay as you go?

It is an extra fee, but it is available.

I was told per hubbie
who knows (some )
about cell phones
GPS on almost all phones now.
Even if disabled phones can still
show GPS location when a warrant is received by LE...

My sons phone will even tell us how fast he is driving down the highway if we turn the locator on.
As long as the battery isn't dead we can turn his cell phone on from another cell as well.
He has a a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members