AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Witness to wreck was unsure how many people were in car, said possibly two.
I believe A was driving. I believe LE is going off that theory too.
JMO

Hi all, hi Bernina :seeya:

I got wind of this case last week and have been following along to see if there are any updates. Here are my thoughts to add to the mix. See timeline below:

Just wanted to add one more thought...

The reason why I started thinking about the car being taken out by somebody else is because of the fact that her wallet and keys were found at the apartment. I just am not convinced that she would leave home again without them. I think she was there the whole time and whoever took the car out and crashed it, came back to the apartment.

Her wallet and clothes were there because she was still there. Just thinking out loud...

IMO

The reason why I started thinking about the car being taken out by somebody else is because of the fact that her wallet and keys were found at the apartment. I just am not convinced that she would leave home again without them. I think she was there the whole time and whoever took the car out and crashed it, came back to the apartment.

Her wallet and clothes were there because she was still there. Just thinking out loud...

IMO

I think she left both on purpose, due to not wanting to be associated with the wreck, if she was seen.

32 calls and a text.
IMO there is no proof AS
was the person using her phone.

She never left a message for the
boyfriend. IF she had then I could believe she made all the calls.
The cab co wouldn't know her voice it could have been any female.

The flurry of calls is alarming.
Maybe at some point the whole story will come out.

I know the GPS on my phone shows whether I am at my home or the house 2 doors down.

If her phone had GPS and police got the records they already know her phones movements that night.
Sadly there is no way to know if she was the person in possession of it the entire time.
Moo

It has been almost 7 weeks...
I am praying this doesn't turn into a could case...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I think this is a kind of cold case, in that LE probably needs new info to move forward. Not cold in the sense that it is not being worked.

I think she left both on purpose, due to not wanting to be associated with the wreck, if she was seen.

Yea, no doubt that it is definitely possible. And changing her clothes could also be a part of not wanting to be identified as driving that car.

But leaving it on the side of the street would surely draw more attention to it than parking it at home. Unless of course it was physically impossible to go any further than she did, then that explains why she almost made it home but not quite.

So weird that not one single person at the party (as far as we know) saw her come back again, go to her room, change clothes, and leave for the cab. It was not a large apartment and IIRC, she shared a room with one of the girls.

But again, all of these oddities could just be the actual facts and she walked out the door and somebody snatched her. Not the craziest thing in the world I suppose.

IMO

IMO

That's where I get stuck. There was just the one key there, the car key, and her wallet. And I'm right there with you on your ideas.
She wanted to go home from her BF's (10 miles, that's determination) and started walking. He picked her up, she gets out of vehicle a few minutes away from her apt. She does NOT want to hang with BF. Did someone take her vehicle and cruise around while she was with him? Did she get back and finds her car missing and then someone shows up on foot as says, "Golly, wrecked your car". What if tempers flared and she got the bad end of it?

Read one of the pages from the police report on the photobucket archive....LE said the apartment looked like a party had happened, room mate said it always looked like that, same in the room she shared with AS. Dog and cat poop, clothes all over the place. Dad said he gave her $10 for gas that Thursday, she was not working, and had a credit card for groceries. Roommate originally said AS wallet was gone and had her in the sheer black top and party wear that AS had on, BUT it was later found in the apt.
Hinky meter is going off as soon as she leaves her BF's vehicle.

Honestly, I lived just south of her on Hardy and 9th Street, on the other side of University, just south catycorner from the Circle K. It was YEARS ago, but you NEVER left your vehicle unattended if it was disabled, too many thieves. My ex-roomate from down there had his vehicle torched when thieves couldn't get into it to steal his stereo, they busted out the windows, grabbed the stereo and torched it.....and it was right in front of our house. He hadn't put it in the garage that night. If you owned a motorcycle, you brought it into your garage or house. My Norwegian Elkhound was stolen out of the back of our fenced/locked yard. I never found her....that's when I moved out.
Tempe is not the nice, safe little town up there on either side of University, it's ALWAYS been a crime area. They have put more campus security out there because of the assaults and rapes. There was a student a year ago shot and killed for his laptop. Another student was coming out of her work at night and someone drove by, grabbed her purse and drove off with her hanging on, she died. There was until a few months ago, a groper on a bicycle. Major cartel drug houses (heroin) busted several months ago.
It comes down to the University and Real Estate, get those students signed up, get those apts/houses rented out, and shhhh on the crime. The web page for the apartments that AS was living in even said "Contact local LE from Crime statistics in this area...." WHAT?

Link for page of police report for the above: http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/media/Adrienne%20Salinas%20%20-AZ-/policereportpage12_zpsfa53a36b.jpg.html?sort=6&o=49

just to defend Tempe and a little O/T... it is a college town, has the same kind of college-town issues as other college towns, IMO. I attended ASU as an adult student at night for 4 years fairly recently, and never had ANY problems. Sure, I saw homeless folks, I saw troublemakers, but never felt like I was not "safe". I was at Casey Moore's often, had friends who lived on campus, stumbled out of parties at 4am, never had any issues. (Granted, I am from Detroit and lived in LA, lol...) It comes down to how you carry yourself and use that "gift of fear". I am not opining on Adrienne's state of mind or "victimness" - just wanted to say that tempe is not some scary dark place to avoid. ALL IMO.

as le.jpg

"DUGGAN reported that she would allow for me to take photographs of the apartment and ADRIENNE'S living area at the time."
"DUGGAN......stated that they had a party at the house on both Friday (06-14-2013) and Saturday (06-15-2013) nights."

Interesting.........

View attachment 36215

"DUGGAN reported that she would allow for me to take photographs of the apartment and ADRIENNE'S living area at the time."
"DUGGAN......stated that they had a party at the house on both Friday (06-14-2013) and Saturday (06-15-2013) nights."

Interesting.........

Bernina - hi! can you say why this is interesting? Is it the fact that there was party on both nights? Or is it that friend DUGGAN is giving this information, and if the latter, why is it interesting? ugh, I am smart, but can not pick up what you are putting down. Thanks.

Bernina - hi! can you say why this is interesting? Is it the fact that there was party on both nights? Or is it that friend DUGGAN is giving this information, and if the latter, why is it interesting? ugh, I am smart, but can not pick up what you are putting down. Thanks.

Is it because they had another party, not even know she was missing?

There was a marijuana sale around the time the "drive by" occurred.

(This is taking me back to our earlier mentions of AS references to MJ as well and her possibly wanting to score pot to go relax at the BFs after her hard night)

I had Valley Fever. My case was not as severe as AS, but I am sure she would have been strongly advised not to smoke anything. I can't even imagine her wanting to smoke anything at that point. Valley Fever can stay with you for years and can reactivate after you have seemingly recovered. MOO

Thing is if you are a smoker, you're a smoker regardless. Perhaps she tried smoking for the first time in months that night and her lung collapsed? I worry about this.

if we go with one of the theries that Adrienne WAS "partying" that night (the night she went missing, be it alcohol or pot) it still does not seem to answer where she is now. If she had a bad reaction (to alcohol and/or pot) due to her earlier bout with VF, then what? Why hide her body? And where? Why lie about it to this extent?

Yes the fact the roomies partied the night after AS disappeared as well has been something we touched on somewhat extensively a few pages back.

What was interesting as well IMO is how none of the roomies noticed her car was out of its parking spot the next day and thought to call the bf to make sure AS made it there alright. Also, it's interesting that the boyfriend didn't call RF or SD to ask them if Adrienne was doing OK the next day bc he couldn't get a hold of her.

(I agree that I don't believe AS was the person driving her car and it was part of some cover up/alibi on part of one or two people who had been at the party. IMOO. I agree that the last place she probably was conscious was sometime around when she got back to the party from the bf's house.)

if we go with one of the theries that Adrienne WAS "partying" that night (the night she went missing, be it alcohol or pot) it still does not seem to answer where she is now. If she had a bad reaction (to alcohol and/or pot) due to her earlier bout with VF, then what? Why hide her body? And where? Why lie about it to this extent?

It might be that she went to her car with a friend to smoke. Maybe this friend is a dealer and could intimidate her roommates and friends to not talk or else they would end up like both AS and her cousin?

The only way I can see this many kids "not knowing" or neglecting to follow up on her after the party is if someone is guilty and others are protecting that person/s or if people who might know something have been intimidated to not say a word.

If it is true that they had a party Saturday night as well, then I really doubt (even more) that her roommates and friends were in on any grand conspiracy the night before. I think they must have assumed she was with BF or had gone to her parents.

Any health-related scenarios also means too many liars, for me. I just don't see it. Apparently LE has not yet "cracked" any stories from the people at the party, so maybe they are telling what they know.

Really, I just do not find it hard to believe that it all went down as it appears, i.e she fought with BF, got out of his car, then decided to drive back, wrecked her car, and still was determined to see him. I think she was on a mission to have him make a commitment to the relationship, or break it off. And she was not going to get herself mixed up in a possible DUI.

Is it because they had another party, not even know she was missing?

I thought she went missing on Saturday night/early Sunday morning, right? I'll have to go back now and double check. The father was concerned on that Sunday, the 16th, because it was Father's Day and he hadn't heard from her, IIRC.

If that's the case, then they didn't have a party the night after she went missing, they had a parties on the two nights prior.

She allowed the officer to take photos.......why didn't she let him search around a bit? The apt was in disarray, unkept, filthy, dog and cat feces and urine, as Duggan stated was common, but could it have been hiding a possible struggle or altercation? Blood? If my friend was AWOL, not answering her phone, her BF and parents don't know where she is and she's been classified as a "Missing Person", I'd be like, "Go head on, Officer, bring in CSI and the dogs." No one directly involved has implied or said that AS had a habit of just disappearing for a few days. When she was upset, she got quiet. I'm kind of surprised dad didn't go there and tear her room apart, trying to find some answers.

The party? Sounds like a 2 day bender so how can these roommates have any reliable info when they were probably 3 sheets the entire weekend. Their "impressions" changed as time went by, AS's clothes, the wallet, whether they saw her or not. I'd be looking at physical evidence.

My problem is: No one has said she was drinking. No one has said she would disappear. She cared about her pets. She was reliable, responsible. She loved her dad and it appears they were close. She had been through surgery for VF, she has part of her lung removed. Her father was there continually through her health issues. If my son didn't call me by 10:00 in the evening on Father's day (single parent, I get 2 parent's day, LOL!), Mother's day, or any other major holiday, I'd be concerned because that's his habit, he has always called.
RS KNOWS the habits of his daughter that he can expect like clock work.

If everyone is saying she did not drink, why would she be afraid about her vehicle if she wrecked it? If she was, why aren't the BF and roomies coming forward? Did she get inebriated between the time her BF dropped her off and she got in her vehicle?
Hardy and University are main thoroughfares, even at 5:00 in the morning on Saturday, you have Circle K, AM/PM, and Starbucks right there, open and doing business. She tells the cabbie she is a minute away......and where is the money to pay the cab?
Aurgh........it's like the "players" are lying like dogs.
If the LE had the right info about her clothes when she left, maybe someone would have remembered something. Did the BF not answer his phone because they had decided they had had enough for the evening? And her roommate said AS does not text.
My gut feeling is something happened in that apt when she returned, JMO.
Hope that answered some of the questions.....?
JMO, MOO, IMO.

I thought she went missing on Saturday night/early Sunday morning, right? I'll have to go back now and double check. The father was concerned on that Sunday, the 16th, because it was Father's Day and he hadn't heard from her, IIRC.

If that's the case, then they didn't have a party the night after she went missing, they had a parties on the two nights prior.

From what I understand, AS went missing on the Friday night party. They had another party Saturday night as well and perhaps they didn't know AS had gone missing by then, not sure if they knew or not.

After everyone knew she was missing, they did have some sort of fundraiser for AS---I think it was a car wash or something to that effect. They did put up some flyers of her missing. They did go to the beach as a group shortly after she went missing---maybe a week or two after they knew.

Not judging anyone's actions....I have no opinion on what all that means if anything at all.

She went missing around 5am on Saturday morning (after the Friday night party that had ran into Saturday morning)

The roommates then had a Saturday Night Party the same day she disappeared.

Oh yeah roommates, that's cool, just have another party without even asking me if it's ok...

I'm thinking the roomies would have noticed that AS was not checking on her dog and become concerned or at least thought "hmmm maybe we should call her to see if she wants us to feed/walk the dog". this was odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc