AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE would probably announce that they are no longer searching for her. They wouldn't want the public to do any searching, possibly getting injured, or trespassing, etc.
They would not reveal her location.

Hm, I don't see a runaway in this case. No money, leaving all her belongings (her dog, shoes and car) behind, not informing her dad (to whom she was close), her last intention clearly was to go to her boyfriend, and all of a sudden she says at 5 am in the morning: "No, wait, I'm hitchhiking to Mexico!"
If she vanished with her car after breaking up with her bf, yeah, maybe. But as things stand, it would be much more likely that she broke down and committed suicide. However, IMO, the most likely scenario is still that someone grabbed her. If we wouldn't have the calls to the cab, it would be a textbook example for an abduction: walks out the door to go somewhere, is never seen again, her car later found abandoned in another place.

If she really left voluntarily somehow, I swear to God I'm gonna abduct her myself!
But don't worry, I will make sure to leave some more clues for you guys. :D

The other reason things could be left out is because Tempe PD knows where she is. They are not required to let anyone know where adrienne is if adrienne asked them not to say anything. She's an adult and it's not against the law to run away. From the information I have and the people I have spoken to, this is exactly what has happened. She's run away in my book. Life got tough and she needed a break. Then she sees herself on the news and freaks out and now scared to come home. There's no sign or foul play ANYWHERE, no blood, bodily fluids, etc. she's alive! Period

I don't know who your sources are, but if it is LE telling you this and I were Adrienne's family and friends, they would getting a piece of me right about now. This is pure fantasy.

Unfortunately, I do not believe that Adrienne left of her own accord. I also don't believe there are any leads. You only have to have a look at a handful of the 'not forgotten' cases to see that there are many many people who have disappeared without a trace and with no clues. It's terrifying.

I agree. I feel like the trail has gone cold and I should make a note of her 'anniversary' so the thread can be bumped at the appropriate time. There just doesn't seem to be anything to go on.

I'd love to think she's just run off, but to make what would've had to be a very swift decision after a long night and to have stuck to it months later would take some doing. If LE knew this was the case, they would've announced the case had been resolved, I'm sure of it.

She would not be able to keep herself "hidden" for two months, IMO, even if she had run off, which is most unlikely, IMO.

Do not personalize posts... if YOU is in your post or you are attacking another poster and not the post that is what I refer to. This includes discussing other members.

:werk:

The other reason things could be left out is because Tempe PD knows where she is. They are not required to let anyone know where adrienne is if adrienne asked them not to say anything. She's an adult and it's not against the law to run away. From the information I have and the people I have spoken to, this is exactly what has happened. She's run away in my book. Life got tough and she needed a break. Then she sees herself on the news and freaks out and now scared to come home. There's no sign or foul play ANYWHERE, no blood, bodily fluids, etc. she's alive! Period

BBM: If LE knows where she is, the case would be closed. They don't have a legal responsibility to tell Adrienne's family WHERE she is, but they DO have the legal and moral obligation of telling her family she is alive and doesn't want to be found. There is a donation request that was set up, fliers that are continuing to be printed, a reward that has been posted, fund raisers, vigils, to mention nothing of pain and heartbreak.
It isn't against the law for an adult to runaway, but it is to perpetrate a fraud, if LE had knowledge that Adrienne is "missing" by her own choice, THEY would be complicit.
JMO

Well, regarding the police report, there can be tons of stuff NOT mentioned. More than once I've seen cases where police silently built a case and then got a perp that was completely off radar for everyone. For all we know, there could be an eyewitness that led LE to a suspect, the famous random stranger, but they don't have enough to arrest him yet and need a body. There could be some evidence implicating a roommate. There could be everything.
They just won't tell us. :sigh:

The other reason things could be left out is because Tempe PD knows where she is. They are not required to let anyone know where adrienne is if adrienne asked them not to say anything.

Now THAT's something they would tell us, I'm sure. While you are right that a missing person can request the location not to be disclosed to anyone, LE would still confirm that the person is safe and people should stop looking. They can and will tell the public if they close the case.

Just to clairfy for all of us here, we can not use the word "YOU" in a post to ask where another poster got information that is shared here? We should just let them say whatever and not ask them to support what they state as fact?

IMO, just ask for a link...

You can most certainly use the word YOU in your posts. The reminder was this: if you have YOU in your post you may want to check and make sure you are addressing the post and not the poster.

I hope that helps.

Well I have looked at those cases and I understand where you are coming from, but this case also has the markers as well of other adult runaways that we're mistaken for being missing/endangered persons cases.

I think both are possible, but I'm leaning now a little more toward adult runaway. Jmo

Which part is making you lean that way?

The reasons I doubt it are the very early hours this all took place, having very little money, pets at home that she love, the persistent need to have it out with her boyfriend. I don't know why she would try contacting him that much if she was planning to run off into the night.

Given her perceived emotional state that night, if she had run off my concern is that it would be to commit suicide.

I'm very much of the view that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and somebody pounced on the opportunity.

The reasons I doubt it are the very early hours this all took place, having very little money, pets at home that she love, the persistent need to have it out with her boyfriend. I don't know why she would try contacting him that much if she was planning to run off into the night.

Given her perceived emotional state that night, if she had run off my concern is that it would be to commit suicide.

I'm very much of the view that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and somebody pounced on the opportunity.

What I really think is going on I can't really elaborate bc of TOS. All I can say is: witness protection.

I have felt this could be the case from the very beginning. And after reading the police report I feel even stronger that this is what happened.

When I put myself in Adrienne's shoes, with all that happened to her leading up to the night she vanished, and then adding in all the things that did happen to her that early morning, I come to the conclusion that she was filled with such despair she just wanted to get away from it all. She was heartbroken. She was downtrodden. She was broke. She had wrecked her car. She was obviously in an extremely emotional state of mind and was clearly not thinking rationally.

It's very possible she could have taken off and then after the police began to search for her she could have been too frightened over the consequences to come home.

Thousands of teens and young adults run away each year. This happens so often here in the greater Phoenix area that cities here have very specific rules on how to treat runaways.

It is not against the law for an adult to run away.

Thanks, kymas3434, for expressing your opinion! I happen to share your theory and it is so uplifting to read a post here that gives one hope she may still be alive rather than that her cold dead body is buried god only knows where.

Hugs!!!!

I suppose we should ask for links every time someone posts a theory.

What we were questioning was not posted as a theory.
And I am not sure if LE could allow a family to be asking for money, if a person was in witness protection, which I doubt is the case here. JMO

Sorry, it's in my siggy, but here it is.

Police report begins on page 2.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Adrienne%20Salinas%20%20-AZ-#/user/crankycrankerson/library/Adrienne%20Salinas%20%20-AZ-?sort=6&page=1&_suid=137636974736107355427456719076

Not sure if this will work, but try it (I know it won't work for me but it's my acct)
Click this and see if it takes you there:

Hey now, this is a nice thing for me to happen across this afternoon (yes, I"m quite behind). Thank you for this, much appreciated.

I think that different people process information in different ways. Yes I do think that she was perhaps so depressed she might have considered suicide, given her circumstances. However, the very fact that she did change clothes pretty much cancels that out for me.

Who changes clothes to go commit suicide?

I certainly do respect your point of view that she may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. But perhaps she came to this conclusion as well and decided to just get the heck out of there.

It has certainly happened before.

;)

Just my opinion!

I think that different people process information in different ways. Yes I do think that she was perhaps so depressed she might have considered suicide, given her circumstances. However, the very fact that she did change clothes pretty much cancels that out for me.

Who changes clothes to go commit suicide?

SBM. I think I recall reading before that people often put on favourite outfits in order to commit suicide, so that everything is just hope they want it.

What we were questioning was not posted as a theory.
And I am not sure if LE could allow a family to be asking for money, if a person was in witness protection, which I doubt is the case here. JMO

Well, that is what I call 'selective translation'. Because when I read it I most definitely considered that she was posting a theory.

I read many posts here where the poster is adamantly claiming what he or she feels to be true. They are often posted as 'proof positive'. And yet I never take these in any other way than this is simply their passionate belief this could be what happened.

It would be so nice if users here could be more generous to those who may perceive things in a different light.

What is so wrong with someone wanting to believe Adrienne is still alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne