AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the family was notified 8/6, the post on the facebook missing page regarding the observatory was on 8/8. Any ideas why they wanted to reach the observatory knowing that they may have already found her body? Would that search method have been useful in whatever they are looking for today?

I"m watching and listening to this video now and haven't finished yet but they say no other areas have missing persons, this body's frame matches Adrienne's description, an mentioned "whoever did what they did to this body"... so, foul play for sure, IMO.... so sad

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Skelet...ibly-those-of-Adrienne-Salinas-219763351.html
(video at above link)

Transcribing the reporter talking to Sgt. Pooley -

"We know in the past you guys have ruled out the cab driver as well as Adrienne's boyfriend, with these new developments, how does that pan out?

You know, we still have very limited information on who - on any suspects, what we're hoping today we can find something, if this happens to be Adrienne, that we can find something that will help us find the person responsible for this, you know there have been reports of people that have been.. that are off... you know, that are NOT responsible for this. You know, what now, what were doing is we're trying to find out ANY information, anything that will link us to this investigation, and NOTHING is off the table as we speak right now."

Um. I just don't know what to make of that reply to her question. So am posting it here because I'm not sure if that means everyone is a suspect or nobody is or what.

I'm presuming that absent a specifically named suspect, everyone is still off the table per WS TOS?

Yeah seriously. I can think of 3 ppl that are giving my radar a pretty heavy signal.

I'm just gonna wait and see who they get, if anyone.

Transcribing the reporter talking to Sgt. Pooley -

"We know in the past you guys have ruled out the cab driver as well as Adrienne's boyfriend, with these new developments, how does that pan out?

You know, we still have very limited information on who - on any suspects, what we're hoping today we can find something, if this happens to be Adrienne, that we can find something that will help us find the person responsible for this, you know there have been reports of people that have been.. that are off... you know, that are NOT responsible for this. You know, what now, what were doing is we're trying to find out ANY information, anything that will link us to this investigation, and NOTHING is off the table as we speak right now."

Um. I just don't know what to make of that reply to her question. So am posting it here because I'm not sure if that means everyone is a suspect or nobody is or what.

I'm presuming that absent a specifically named suspect, everyone is still off the table per WS TOS?
That's correct.

Thank you bessie. Was she found near this intersection, then, or off to one side or another? By how many feet/yards/partial-miles, do we know? which side of the highway?

This seems to be the area. If that's the wash right there, she might have travelled down quite a bit, depending on how much rain/flooding there was.

zkx0.jpg

There's a pentagram/star on the roof of the home the LE have their command center, just in case you're trying to find a reference point. The horse arena also has a covered area.

SEARCH AREA.jpg

This seems to be the area. If that's the wash right there, she might have travelled down quite a bit, depending on how much rain/flooding there was.

Or maybe not. It crosses Lost Dutchman Blvd., how does that work? Are there pipes below the street? Could a body get through there?

zkx0.jpg

It would depend on if the wash flooded over the street, that I am assuming is North of the site. A lot of those areas don't have flood control or culverts. AJ might not have had the concentration of rain that other areas have had down in the Valley the last 7 weeks. But the news video looks like LE is digging through flood debris piles.

zkx0.jpg

Thank you so very very much.

"Authorities said it remains unclear where the body originated from because of flooding in the area recently. There was significant flooding on July 21.

“We don’t know where the body came from,” said Sgt. Mike Pooley, a spokesman for the Tempe Police Department.

More than 100 people, including volunteers, are searching a wide area, concentrating on 6 miles of a wash, which includes private property.

Salinas’ family was informed last week about the discovery, but police didn’t release any information because of concerns about evidence."

more at link

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...e-body-might-be-missing-tempe-woman-abrk.html

Or maybe not. It crosses Lost Dutchman Blvd., how does that work? Are there pipes below the street? Could a body get through there?

It looks from ground view to go over Lost Dutchman's Blvd, no culverts. Also noticed a sign that said "Do not cross when flooded". The command post is at the end of "Wagonwheel Road" off of "Foothill St."
Lots of dirt bike, 4 x 4, and horse trails.

http://www.boston.com/news/educatio...riz-student/peKyTqv6l1hpRcM7WUhbfI/story.html

"The searchers walked in a line, an arm’s length apart, using shovels to look under sand and dirt that washed over the area in flooding from a recent storm.

Pooley said investigators believe the body likely was dumped in another location and was later washed downstream.

‘‘We don’t believe the body was dumped there,’’ Pooley said of where the body was found.

<snip>

The body was found by a man who was walking his property and was drawn to the area by vultures he saw.

Police will contact residents who live in homes in the area about whether they heard or saw anything suspicious or had surveillance video."

more at link

Her family found out last week? Ok that explains so much. Thanks GGE!

it took a little bit for me to process the *possibility* that this *could* be Adrienne upon reading this news this morning.

I started thinking of her poor father Rick and just broke down crying. I cannot imagine how worried he is waiting for the confirmation as to whether or not it's his baby girl.

I normally don't get so emotional about cases, but the fact that she disappeared essentially on Father's day - it tears me to pieces.

Thoughts are with her family and loved ones at this waiting time.

I'm going to go out on a limb here:
The suspect knew the area and knew the roads. The suspect knew or had been to the Lost Dutchman's State Park.
You have to live in that general area to know that Mill Avenue turns into Apache Blvd, then Main St (Mesa), then splits into Apache Trial and Old West Hwy.
Just as University turns into Superstition Blvd.
(All heading East away from populated areas into the Superstitions)

Just a gut feeling...the ba****d knew the area.

You can practically draw a straight line directly East from W Brown St. in Tempe to the area being searched.
Several of us Native Az's were discussing the landfill on the rez a few nights ago.........we went just a bit too far North East. People don't get dumped in the area of Superstition Mts., they get lost hiking, camping, etc, and eventually might be found out there.
This is a new one for me, I feel sick to my stomach.

Seems they should have an idea on identity and a chance to tell the family, if it has been nine days. Also they may have needed someone to look at items found with the body. A dental comparison should be possible, if Adrienne, two months is not too long for that. Wonder what the delay is.

Maybe they haven't found that part? Pooley seemed to suggest something terrible was done to her body- referred to the body frame? (sorry haven't figured out how to put 2 quotes in one reply yet for reference)

I imagine she could have washed quite far if it was significant flooding- this summer has created many images of cars and houses being moved by floodwaters....

Just curious, is this a path one might take from Tempe to go to the beach?

So sad, but glad the family is beginning to get some answers! Just hoping there is some good evidence being found!

OH, and this is just my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member