AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess, for all our screeching about the police report, they really had nothing anyway. Sounds like this is really the only good lead. Interesting about "unspecified items".

Such tangled emotions at the possibility of this being Adrienne; I want closure for her family and for her to be brought home, but I want so badly for her to be alive when this happens.

Sending her family prayers and strength as they continue through this ordeal and hoping they are granted some closure and peace soon. ♥

"Heat has forced investigators to call off the search until Friday for evidence tied to skeletal remains found in Apache Junction that police said have similarities to that of missing 19-year-old Adrienne Salinas.

Investigators from the Tempe and Apache Junction police departments and the FBI expanded the search of the area Thursday near the base of the Superstition Mountains before calling it off around 11:30 a.m.

The search was scheduled to resume at sunrise Friday."

more at link

http://www.wnem.com/story/23145039/pd-remains-have-similarities-to-missing-woman-salinas

I've been out to that area many times. That road is the last real road you see on the 88 for many miles. I'm thinking the unsub accidentally killed her (I'm saying strangulation) and had a "OH *****" moment so he drove out to the middle of nowhere and dumped the body. Google Map the area and follow the wash, at one point 88 goes over it. Probably tossed her in there and the rains washed her body down by the houses.

No one has any reason to stop on that road so her body wouldn't have been found for some time.

For those of you new here, I posted several threads back. I'm local and know the area she was last seen pretty well.

My hunch is she was about to go to the AM/PM to meet the cab, someone at the party said "I can give you a ride" so she went with him, he tried to assault her and accidentally killed her, in a moment of panic drove her out to the desert and dumped the body.

The guy probably has a minor criminal record (I'm going to guess crimes of opportunity; graffiti, vandalism, shop lifting) and what started out as a sexual assault (crime of opportunity) accidentally became a murder.

Thankfully her body's been recovered.

THANKS LIZARD. Problem is that the property owner reportedly saw vultures at the location site which must mean that they had something to pick at...gross, but that's what it sounds like. I have suspected the party-boy theory too, but he must have tried to bury her.

I say bring the vultures in for questioning!

Yeah, that's true huh? If she was outside this entire time there'd be nothing left by now. Burying holds up I guess.

This entire case is just creepy. Calls the cab says she's on her way, he calls back like a minute later and her phone's dead (I suspect it died because she was using it all night) and that's it...no one hears from her again...

Ok, back to lurking for me until something else pops up. I suspect they're getting close to something. Probably have a few people under surveillance, then waited until today to drop the bomb they found her, and are now watching their suspect(s) reaction (try to leave town, call into work "sick", etc).

Yeah, that's true huh? If she was outside this entire time there'd be nothing left by now. Burying holds up I guess.

This entire case is just creepy. Calls the cab says she's on her way, he calls back like a minute later and her phone's dead (I suspect it died because she was using it all night) and that's it...no one hears from her again...

Ok, back to lurking for me until something else pops up. I suspect they're getting close to something. Probably have a few people under surveillance, then waited until today to drop the bomb they found her, and are now watching their suspect(s) reaction (try to leave town, call into work "sick", etc).

I've been out to that area many times. That road is the last real road you see on the 88 for many miles. I'm thinking the unsub accidentally killed her (I'm saying strangulation) and had a "OH *****" moment so he drove out to the middle of nowhere and dumped the body. Google Map the area and follow the wash, at one point 88 goes over it. Probably tossed her in there and the rains washed her body down by the houses.

No one has any reason to stop on that road so her body wouldn't have been found for some time.

For those of you new here, I posted several threads back. I'm local and know the area she was last seen pretty well.

My hunch is she was about to go to the AM/PM to meet the cab, someone at the party said "I can give you a ride" so she went with him, he tried to assault her and accidentally killed her, in a moment of panic drove her out to the desert and dumped the body.

The guy probably has a minor criminal record (I'm going to guess crimes of opportunity; graffiti, vandalism, shop lifting) and what started out as a sexual assault (crime of opportunity) accidentally became a murder.

Thankfully her body's been recovered.

BBM

Hi Lizardboy, thanks for sharing your perspective from the local area.

I do see a potential problem with part of your theory. If he didn't intend to kill her, and she knew who he was from the party earlier, she could have easily identified him to the police and he would have been busted for rape.

Sure, he could have thought maybe he had a chance with her sexually, made a pass that was turned down and got aggressive. It does happen all the time. But when that leads to a murder, rarely is it an accident. The perpetrator realizes that they are busted and has to finish off the job to protect themselves.

It could very well be one of the party goers, but if that's the case, then I tend to believe that the person intended to do what they did.

Just my two cents.

I bet you some peeps are getting really, really nervous right now!

:rockon:

My prayers to her family.

BBM

That could very possibly be the case. I hope so!! It does seem strategic that they are announcing her possible remains today after waiting 9 days to say anything.

So frustrated right now, I haven't been able to get onto this thread for about a half hour now. Apologies if this has already been posted.

The father of a missing 19-year-old college student said Thursday that police have identified badly decomposed remains found a week ago in an Apache Junction desert wash as that of his daughter.

“I know she is in heaven and she is at peace,’’ Rick Salinas said. “Right now we are in deep grief and mourning. It is indescribable pain.’’

Rick Salinas said he received a telephone from police Thursday afternoon notifying him that the remains found in the wash by a property owner on Aug. 6 are that of his beloved daughter, Adrienne Salinas, a Gateway Community College student.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20130815missing-tempe-woman-adrienne-salinas-police-body-might-be-missing-tempe-woman-abrk.html?nclick_check=1

I know it's not 'official' yet, but if Rick is coming out and saying this, I have no doubt that it is true.

Rest in peace, beautiful Adrienne. My thoughts are with all those who loved you. The world is a much darker place now you're gone.

I'm so upset right now. Even though I knew this was more than likely how this would end up, it never makes it any easier. Adrienne's story really touched me, I'm seriously in tears over this loss. Darling girl, I hope you didn't suffer.

:(

This is awful :( That poor girl. Prayers to her father and family. I pray they catch the monster who did this.

It hurts so much seeing 'Found Deceased' next to the title of this thread. I hope justice is served quickly, and the responsible is put away for the rest of their miserable life.

Flock! Flock! FLOCK! I've been trying to get here for HOURS.

I can't believe they found her. This is so sad. I feel so bad for her family. I was so hoping that after all this time she'd be found alive. But I guess we knew this was how it would end.

I guess she got dumped elsewhere and during the rains and flooding, her body was taken to Apache Junction?? Poor baby.

Very shocking to know for sure. Even though I "knew" from the very moment I read about the circumstances surrounding her disappearance that she was not alive...it is still very shocking.

Hoping for an early arrest, and better, a confession.

It hurts so much seeing 'Found Deceased' next to the title of this thread. I hope justice is served quickly, and the responsible is put away for the rest of their miserable life.

I know, even though I had already read the news elsewhere, I still hoped it wasn't true because it wasn't "official."

This poor baby has been missing for 2 months. It's time to be reunited with her family. As sad as the Salinas's have to be right now, they have their baby back.

RIP beautiful Adrienne.

Because of Adrienne, I have met some awesome people here. I've enjoyed sleuthing and sharing ideas with you. I was hoping we could bring Adrienne home alive.

I just hope that LE finds something, anything that leads them to who did this.

Thanks to all of you for being a part of the greater good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne