AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 88 and that wash both lead up into lost Dutchman state park.

I'm sure someone already mentioned this, but I would be checking the north east area into the mountains, specifically around canyon lake. Could have been dropped there and washed down to where it was found.

Whoever decided to put her body there seems like an amateur - their first or second homicide IMO

IMO.

Maybe they haven't found that part? Pooley seemed to suggest something terrible was done to her body- referred to the body frame? (sorry haven't figured out how to put 2 quotes in one reply yet for reference)

I imagine she could have washed quite far if it was significant flooding- this summer has created many images of cars and houses being moved by floodwaters....

Just curious, is this a path one might take from Tempe to go to the beach?

So sad, but glad the family is beginning to get some answers! Just hoping there is some good evidence being found!

OH, and this is just my opinion!

bbm

No. If you were going from Tempe to the beach, you'd most likely go to San Diego or Rocky Point (especially if you are in college). In both cases, you'd be going away from that place.

I don't think LE would have discussed Adrienne's case at all, regarding this body, if they were not reasonably sure she had been found. They could simply have said they have no info at this point. JMO

Maybe they haven't found that part? Pooley seemed to suggest something terrible was done to her body- referred to the body frame? (sorry haven't figured out how to put 2 quotes in one reply yet for reference) 100+ degrees in the daytime, direct sunlight, humidity bouncing up and down with the monsoons, predators (mountain lion, bobcat, coyote, gila monsters, raptors, insects, etc.), the turbulence generated by a flash flood that rips trees out of the ground.

I imagine she could have washed quite far if it was significant flooding- this summer has created many images of cars and houses being moved by floodwaters....I've located at least one "stock/cattle fence that crosses the wash (google maps), no telling how many there are, but between those and debris fields left by flooding, the reported 6 miles LE is searching takes that into consideration.

Just curious, is this a path one might take from Tempe to go to the beach? Beach, as in "ocean"? This area is East of Tempe, totally wrong direction. It's far from any lakes, reservoirs, or rivers. If you don't live in the area, you go there to camp, hike, or gold prospect. And definitely NOT in the summer time.

So sad, but glad the family is beginning to get some answers! Just hoping there is some good evidence being found!

OH, and this is just my opinion!

Answered in red above.........JMO

Seems they should have an idea on identity and a chance to tell the family, if it has been nine days. Also they may have needed someone to look at items found with the body. A dental comparison should be possible, if Adrienne, two months is not too long for that. Wonder what the delay is.

To be graphic... I suspect either they do not have all the remains and hence no dental, or the victim was assaulted in a way that makes that method of ID difficult. LE talked about the similarity of the "frame" - I'm wondering if perhaps Adrienne's lung injury/illness might have left marks on her rib cage?

In addition, the person who found her body said that he was alerted by the presence of vultures - depending on how many there were, they can strip an animal carcass in an hour or so.

The 88 and that wash both lead up into lost Dutchman state park.

I'm sure someone already mentioned this, but I would be checking the north east area into the mountains, specifically around canyon lake. Could have been dropped there and washed down to where it was found.

Whoever decided to put her body there seems like an amateur - their first or second homicide IMO

IMO.

I don't have an opinion of whether the perp has done this before, but as far as the dump site, the only thing that fouled him/her up was the monsoon flooding. Given a few more weeks before the first flooding of that wash, the desert and the predators would have scattered the remains all over.
JMO

To be graphic... I suspect either they do not have all the remains and hence no dental, or the victim was assaulted in a way that makes that method of ID difficult. LE talked about the similarity of the "frame" - I'm wondering if perhaps Adrienne's lung injury/illness might have left marks on her rib cage?

In addition, the person who found her body said that he was alerted by the presence of vultures - depending on how many there were, they can strip an animal carcass in an hour or so.

I think they "know" this is her, they just need to do DNA on bone marrow or something similar.

Yup. Three months ago, in the old world:

The 52-year-old woman was hiking with two friends in the French Pyrenees on April 14 when she fell off a cliff and plunged more than 980 feet to her death, according to France's TF1. The woman's body was eaten by vultures in minutes.

“There were only bones, clothes and shoes left on the ground,” Major Didier Pericou told The Times of London. "They took 45 to 50 minutes to eat the body."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/06/woman-eaten-by-vultures-cliff_n_3224746.html

Haven't posted here but have been following since the beginning. My heart breaks for Adrienne's family and friends as they endure the wait. I pray if her, answers will be found that lead to justice! Thoughts & prayers!!!

JMO If vultures were spotted it wouldn't be a cold case missing person. Has to be relatively recent.JMO

If this is Adrienne,
and I believe it is...

Using the word "frame" leads me to believe that they didn't find much more than bones.
IMO - "what was done to her body" sounds like something that an animal would be capable of and not something they would expect to find on human remains either.

Perhaps a blow to the skull with a tool? Some kind of injury perhaps like a spiral fracture or a broken hyoid. ( due to the degree of decomposition I wonder if a bone that small would even be located.)

It does make me question DR GEORGE again...
I also wonder if perhaps she had been relocated in the day or so prior to being found.
IMO - if her body had been in the area for weeks in the heat vultures wouldn't have much left to interest them.

I have had a lingering feeling that a freezer type chest may have been used. -mostly because burying in that area seems difficult - but maybe it is easier to do than I thought.
I wonder... did they find something that points to her being weighed down...

I may be way off but it kinda sounds like there was a good bit more than a skeleton found.

Adrienne has an adorable smile!
From are-looking at her pictures I think her teeth would be identified fairly easily...

I know they need dental records and or DNA.
I so hope they get her killer behind bars!

* I think when I was researching surgery performed due to complications from Valley Fever I did read that sometimes a rib or part of a rib is removed to facilitate access the area more easily.
I'll have to see if I can find that again.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think LE would have discussed Adrienne's case at all, regarding this body, if they were not reasonably sure she had been found. They could simply have said they have no info at this point. JMO

LE has been sitting on this site for 9 days and I think there's been a lot more than searching that area going on.
Is LE "tipping their hat"?
I'm sure they've checked property ownership records to cross reference with possible suspects, checked video from businesses there on the main road (Apache Trail), and done a canvas of the scattered residents.
From the satellite map, it looks like the search of the wash extends onto the North side of Apache Trail. From the area that the remains were found, going South it becomes more residential, and the wash deteriorates.
JMO

JMO If vultures were spotted it wouldn't be a cold case missing person. Has to be relatively recent.JMO

Unless she were in that lake or a body of water that was cold enough to preserve her body from June 15-Aug 4-6. This is why canyon lake interests me.

What was the weather like two days before/up until aug 6??

Any of you Arizonans live near the nearest town to the site? You could hop in the car and go to the nearest bar and pick the locals brains.....LOL

:eek: HOLY COW that is fast!
Ugh I feel sick! - is there a chance she wasn't killed until recently?

Dry washes have "sand bars" throughout them, real easy to dig in compared to the desert floor or rough terrain. If you're into desert survival or gold prospecting, these are the areas you search for to set up "dry panning" or "water caches". The depth you can dig is only limited by the rock bed or caliche below, so depths of potentially 8 feet or more can be dug. The remains could have been buried at such a depth that predators couldn't get to them, but the flooding eventually did.........

gngr~snap, I feel the same way, this is so wrong on so many levels.

JMO

Any of you Arizonans live near the nearest town to the site? You could hop in the car and go to the nearest bar and pick the locals brains.....LOL

I wish! I'm about 150 miles or more North of the Superstitions.....and honestly, you couldn't pay me to go down there this time of the year. I moved up here after 28 years partly because the heat finally got to me. (and I like snow!)

Police get promising lead in woman's disappearance

Published: August 15, 2013
Updated 15 minutes ago

"On Thursday, searchers in a 6-mile-long area of the wash walked in a line, an arm's length apart, using shovels to look under sand and dirt that washed over the area in flooding from a recent storm. They're looking for clothing, jewelry, her cellphone and any other evidence, he said.

Investigators have recovered unspecified items from the wash that will be shown to Salinas' friends and family for possible identification."

more at link:
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2013...emains-may-be-from-missing.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.azcentral.com/health/wellness/articles/0830valleyfever31.html

This article says Valley Fever can cause holes in the bones...
I can't relocate the article I saw about rib removal -I do know it is done sometimes during surgery for lung cancer so it is possible that even if there were only skeletal remains indications of her prior surgery might still show.
If a call was made due to vultures it does sound like more than her bones were left.

This latest news sounds promising!
I just wonder what leads they have now!
I pray LE has a suspect in mind and that said suspect is quaking in their boots! - or already behind bars.

ETA: DRY HEAT mummifies human remains too- so who knows how much they will learn about her demise!

http://www.enotes.com/mummies-reference/mummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members