AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote Originally Posted by Luvrosco View Post
I also find it odd that the BF did not call her the next day. You know just to say hi and wish her a good day. Also, in reverse. As a couple planning on marriage I would think they spoke daily. She might have wanted to call to see how his studying went. Hmmm

Forgive me, because I haven't read everything in this thread or the MSM links, but do we know for sure he didn't try to call her that day? I thought that he was concerned about her because he'd been unable to reach her. Is that not correct?

I've never known any couple who were 'going steady' 'engaged' 'engaged to be engaged' etc. who didn't spend almost all their free time together. And that means sleeping over, staying together most of the time even when they each had separate residences, texting and calling almost to an excess.

I think it would have been highly unusual for him or her not to have called each other that night. And now since we know she couldn't have called him after say 8:00 pm, we can assume he might have been very concerned about her that night if he couldn't reach her.

Interesting how they say the mother called, the father texted, etc. but they don't say if or when the BF did.

BBM: Maggie2 - That's a good question because we really don't know from all the conflicting news reports who called and who didn't call. However, in LE official press statement they say she was killed sometime after 8:00 pm Tuesday night and 1:05 am Wednesday morning. That would coincide with the last communication she had with her mother, as reported in the news. I am almost positive I read in one or two reports that he had tried to call her the day her body was found. But I have heard 'nothing' about him trying to call her the night she was murdered.

JMO

I'm going to look for MSM reports to see if the BF called during the day.

Jmo this will not be some random stranger or career criminal. This was a very personal crime, Imo. As a result of anger, or jealousy/passion. Very common motives. Probably relating to money or love.

Jmo

I couldn't agree more!

JMO

Where my thoughts are leading me as to the investigation:

1. Two months from the date of the crime seems like a long time to have not arrested anyone.

2. However, it was a horrible terrible crime scene that the Crime Lab spent four days collecting evidence. Lots of evidence for them to have to go through in their investigation.

3. With the mention of a white substance around her body, blood everywhere, strong smell of bleach, it sounds like someone did their best to destroy evidence (DNA etc.) So, with this being the case it might have taken longer to come up with a DNA profile, etc.

4. In the beginning I'm sure LE had lots of tips and leads, all of which they would follow up on. No telling how many interviews they conducted with people, especially males, that had been at the house for any reason whatsoever.

5. The boyfriend would have been one of the first (if not the first) to be interviewed. LE always suspects the boyfriend or husband. They would have expected his DNA to be everywhere in the house and on her body. So, the presence of his DNA, unless it was found on the murder weapon (which hasn't been mentioned in any report so far) would not be a surprise.

6. We did learn, through the leak (that was scrubbed), that LE was seeking a warrant to monitor another individual. But we don't know what has become of that.

7. Initially LE stated she was targeted, isolated, personal. Told the neighborhood there wasn't anything to worry about other than the normal worry one has about safety, etc.

8. A few weeks later LE changed their tune saying it might have random and that neighbors should be on the lookout for someone with a Tiffany bracelet and they might live in the neighborhood.

9. Now LE states they have DNA from the killer.

10. Still, LE, will not clear the boyfriend.

What does this all mean?

Could it be that SPD is 'building a case'? Could it be they are trying to get a confession?

What the heck do you think is really going on?

JMO

Thanks for that info. Actually if I never hear the name Jodi Arias again it won't be soon enough. It's ridiculous how it dominates the news.

But back to the DNA: Here in Arizona when you get a DUI (I've never had one fortunately) they always take your blood. Don't they keep your DNA when they do that? Even if you're not convicted or even if it's a first time? I thought there was a big stink about that not too long ago.

My point here is that unlike other arrests that are not felonies, with a DUI they do a blood test to determine blood alcohol levels.

JMO

http://blog.novakazlaw.com/2013/03/us-supreme-court-hears-arguments-in-landmark-dna-case/
Some states for example, Arizona, allow for DNA testing incidental to arrest for certain specified crimes under A.R.S. 13-610, such as arrests for violent, and dangerous felony offenses against a victim, not yet convicted.

Currently in Arizona under A.R.S. 13-610, DNA may be collected from a suspect if they were arrested for violent and dangerous felony offenses against a victim, as specified by law, under the conditions of arrest, even if they were not yet convicted or incarcerated in prison.

http://blog.novakazlaw.com/2013/03/us-supreme-court-hears-arguments-in-landmark-dna-case/
Some states for example, Arizona, allow for DNA testing incidental to arrest for certain specified crimes under A.R.S. 13-610, such as arrests for violent, and dangerous felony offenses against a victim, not yet convicted.

Currently in Arizona under A.R.S. 13-610, DNA may be collected from a suspect if they were arrested for violent and dangerous felony offenses against a victim, as specified by law, under the conditions of arrest, even if they were not yet convicted or incarcerated in prison.

Thanks SophieRose! You probably wonder why I'm making such a big deal out of the DNA and DUI. Unless you live here in Arizona it might be difficult to understand. The number of DUI arrests is off the charts. It's crazy to drive here if you have had even one glass of wine. So since they do take your blood to test your level of intoxication and prove it in court, I did wonder about the DNA thing. Hope this explains my curiosity.

JMO

I was just rereading the ABC15 report from a couple days ago and the headline is LE has a sample of the killers DNA. If they know for fact, it's the killers DNA that they have...wouldn't that mean they could rule out the BF now? I hope I'm not repeating other peoples past posts. :)

I also wonder about the cuts/scrapes they mentioned the killer may have had right after the murder. Were they looking at that as well when they were interviewing people? You would think they would have examined the bf pretty well if that is the case.

I keep trying to go down different paths here in my reasoning. But all paths seem to lead me right back to the same place.

Maybe I'm losing my subjectivity. I hope not. I would never want to falsely accuse someone of such a brutal and horrible crime.

However, with the small 'window of opportunity' and the 'timing' and all of the other elements of 'Occam's Razor' as well as all 'statistics' at hand, I always seem to come to the same conclusion.

And even that one doesn't really make sense to me.

But then murder never really has.

I am right there with you. I have had a gut feeling since the beginning. The only time I waver is when I do think of certain factors. You would think if it was a bf that she would not have been found nude but who knows? I would also think a bf would have given his DNA from the beginning so they would know if there was a different DNA that belonged to the killer.

I also wonder about the cuts/scrapes they mentioned the killer may have had right after the murder. Were they looking at that as well when they were interviewing people? You would think they would have examined the bf pretty well if that is the case.

BBM:

I don't know what the laws are regarding interviewing potential persons of interest. And the boyfriend in this case would have certainly been a person of interest. I do know they (LE) has to be very careful not to jeopardize a conviction in the event they do make an arrest.

If I had cuts on my arms and hands I would probably wear a long sleeve shirt of some kind if I knew I was going to be interviewed by LE. Maybe at that time they didn't know she had evidence under her nails. That is a really good question, however, and it's something I've wondered about as well.

I do know, at the community meeting, LE stated they did not know if there was one or more killers involved. This was voluntary information, not a response to a question. And it did lead me to believe at the time that they might have suspected there was more than one.

But there has been nothing after that to indicate this was their thinking.

To better answer your question, from my perspective, they might not have been looking for cuts and scratches in the beginning.

I just can't imagine how someone who claims to be so devastated could leave the country for a school program not even a week after her funeral.

That really bothered me. You would think they would have allowed a postponement of some kind. And yes, the Twitter rant that has already been mentioned.

Not typical behaviors of someone grieving and upset beyond belief.

IMO

I just can't imagine how someone who claims to be so devastated could leave the country for a school program not even a week after her funeral.

That really bothered me. You would think they would have allowed a postponement of some kind. And yes, the Twitter rant that has already been mentioned.

Not typical behaviors of someone grieving and upset beyond belief.

IMO

Exactly!

Another thing that has nagged at me from the beginning is his call to 911 after he found her body. His comments to the operator when she asked him if Allison was still alive: "I didn't touch her" "I didn't do anything".

How could one be so 'collected' after such a gruesome discovery finding your loved one brutally murdered. Why would your answers be ones that indicated you were not responsible? That seems very strange to me.

I don't think if you had just found the love of your life brutally murdered you would be thinking of preserving the crime scene, or not touching the body because someone might think you did it. I would think you would want to check to see if she was still alive no matter how much blood there was.

I can't even imagine not checking, no matter what the circumstances!

No, not typical behaviors.....

Are you telling me you didn't even check to see if she had a pulse? This woman you loved, who you planned to marry, have children with, spend the rest of your life with? You didn't even check to see if she had a pulse?

Really?

(I think I need to quit posting for awhile.)

:(

Exactly!

Another thing that has nagged at me from the beginning is his call to 911 after he found her body. His comments to the operator when she asked him if Allison was still alive: "I didn't touch her" "I didn't do anything".

How could one be so 'collected' after such a gruesome discovery finding your loved one brutally murdered. Why would your answers be ones that indicated you were not responsible? That seems very strange to me.

I don't think if you had just found the love of your life brutally murdered you would be thinking of preserving the crime scene, or not touching the body because someone might think you did it. I would think you would want to check to see if she was still alive no matter how much blood there was.

I can't even imagine not checking, no matter what the circumstances!

No, not typical behaviors.....

Well said,MissD. I agree. I think most people would grab the victim and at least try to resecitate. Especially if this was the love of your life.

Checking for anything new - sadly, nada...

LE knows allot; we know little...

For instance:
The murder weapon - was it brought to scene versus something from her home... has been found? touch DNA on it? etc., etc.
Was the weapon something picked up in the heat of an argument, versus something looked for to purposely be more deadly? Weapon chosen so victim couldn't get close to attacker and scratch/bruise him? Angle of blow(s)...

How was she killed - hit from behind? single or multiple blows? surprise attack?

Blood spray analysis would tell so much, ties into above questions, also - was she killed standing, on the floor, in one room, more than one room, was she moved, .. etc..

Was she clothed when killed? Placement of clothing.... etc., etc...

Sex, no sex; before or after attack..

Okay, that's it for me till there's something new in MSM... don't want to go into rehash mode... :seeya: all

Thanks for that info. Actually if I never hear the name Jodi Arias again it won't be soon enough. It's ridiculous how it dominates the news.

But back to the DNA: Here in Arizona when you get a DUI (I've never had one fortunately) they always take your blood. Don't they keep your DNA when they do that? Even if you're not convicted or even if it's a first time? I thought there was a big stink about that not too long ago.

My point here is that unlike other arrests that are not felonies, with a DUI they do a blood test to determine blood alcohol levels.

JMO

MissD

Unfortunitely I've gotten a DUI back in 2007 (my stupid younger years). They do not take your blood or DNA. My cousin got one years later and they did not take hers either. Has to be a felony in order for them to take DNA.

Also, they only take blood at a DUI if you decline the breathalyzer or are too injured to be breathalyzed or take field sobriety tests. This happened to one of my exs. He rolled his mothers truck and was injured so they drew his blood because he couldn't do any other tests.

I have always felt he was involved from the start and that Valentine photo posted in these threads was photoshopped.

Until the BF is cleared or someone else is arrested, he will always be my first suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member