AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree with this. Also, wouldn't it be natural for other people/friends to be quoted in the news as saying "what a great guy he is...what a great couple they were." Can LE keep friends quotes out of the news? If they can't, then it just seems weird that no one has spoken about him. What about the woman he has a child with? Family? JMO

Yes! It's so unnatural for nothing to be coming forth in the news about her and what a great gal she was. Only in the beginning and the day of her memorial service here. Normally there would be a lot of interviews with people who want so badly to tell how much they loved her and miss her and want the cops to catch her killer. There are normally impassioned pleas from family and friends and especially someone who calls you the 'love of his life'.

I don't think LE can keep friends from talking to the media. I'm not even sure they can keep family from talking to the media. Or if they can keep a suspect or anyone from talking to media.

However, if someone retains a lawyer, their lawyer might advise them not to speak to anyone at all, especially the media.

JMO

OT...a Law and Order episode on now talks about killers who put a cloth over the face of victim, how they almost always know them. fWIW

Well, if the killer left at 1:00 am, and Allison's mother spoke with her at 8:00 pm, and Allison's dad's text didn't go through at 10:00 pm, we can assume at the very least the killer might have been in the home with Allison for around 3 hours or longer. That's a long time to kill someone and try to cover up or do whatever he did after murdering her. He might have covered her face so he didn't have to look at her as he 'went about his business' whatever that was.

JMO

BBM:

Oh! Did LE say the DNA wasn't in the system? I didn't read that. Do you have a link? :)

JMO

No...but if it was in the system with a name, they would have their guy, Imo. It is possible to be in the system from another case though, yet to be identified.

Oh yeah! Thanks for the correction on when Jodi was arrested. I had already been corrected on here yesterday. It still doesn't change my thoughts on the other stuff however. LOL

So how did they get Arias to give DNA? She refused? I keep thinking how coincidental this murder was to the Jodi Arias trial here at the very last. I wonder if it gave the killer ideas.

Arizona is one of the states that enacted Katie's Law - requiring DNA upon ARREST (not conviction as it was in the past).

SCOTUS upheld Katie's Law in June 3, 2013

http://www.dnasaves.org

No...but if it was in the system with a name, they would have their guy, Imo. It is possible to be in the system from another case though, yet to be identified.

What if they know who the DNA matches but they don't know where he is? Would they tell us? I'm honestly not that familiar with these cases to know what the normal protocol is. Everything in this case seems so unusual.

JMO

Great questions and notes. I keep thinking the cloth on her head could be an aquis towel that's used to quick dry hair. Was she getting out the shower? I thought it was mentioned up thread that she met Alex on JDating site.

BBM: I can now see how first responders to the 911 call about Allison could refer to an Aquis towel as a "cloth" and not a " towel." Anyone not familiar with the existence of that brand and its purpose could well have been at a loss as to how identify the "100% microfiber" item, which was not the shape of normal, everyday towels but rather long and narrow enough to be wrapped into a urban! At least, this is my impression after "googling" the brand. . . JMO.

Occam's Razor:

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

JMO

What if they know who the DNA matches but they don't know where he is? Would they tell us? I'm honestly not that familiar with these cases to know what the normal protocol is. Everything in this case seems so unusual.

JMO

I think that is where the "ten most wanted" lists come from...if they needed to track down a dangerous person, but jmo. It would be more dangerous to keep it a secret and have him harm another person. Jmo

Arizona is one of the states that enacted Katie's Law - requiring DNA upon ARREST (not conviction as it was in the past).

SCOTUS upheld Katie's Law in June 3, 2013

http://www.dnasaves.org

Well good! That must mean they have a huge database here since nearly everyone has been arrested for DUI at least once.

;)

JMO

I think that is where the "ten most wanted" lists come from...if they needed to track down a dangerous person, but jmo. It would be more dangerous to keep it a secret and have him harm another person. Jmo

It seems to me a strange thing to say they have the killer's DNA and nothing else. JMO

Person of Interest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_of_interest

"This article is about a law enforcement term.

"Person of interest" is a term used by U.S. law enforcement when identifying someone involved in a criminal investigation who has not been arrested or formally accused of a crime. It has no legal meaning, but refers to someone in whom the police are "interested", either because the person is cooperating with the investigation, may have information that would assist the investigation, or possesses certain characteristics that merit further attention.

While terms such as suspect, target, and material witness have clear and sometimes formal definitions, person of interest remains undefined by the U.S. Department of Justice.[1] Unsub is a similar term which is short for "unknown subject" (used often, for example, in the TV show Criminal Minds). Person of interest is sometimes used as a euphemism for suspect, and its careless use may encourage trials by media. "

---------------------------------------------------------------

I find this very interesting because LE has stated that the boyfriend "is cooperating" and "has not been cleared".

Does this make him a POI? Maybe this is why he has been so silent.

JMO

MissD, the fact that the BF hasn't been cleared after all this time is concerning.

MissD, the fact that the BF hasn't been cleared after all this time is concerning.

Yes, it has been two months. One would think he would be cleared immediately given that they surely had his DNA from day one. Or maybe they didn't.

JMO

In certain ways this reminds me of one of those made for TV Lifetime movies. Definitely a mystery. Almost always involving a couple, one of which usually turns out to be the perp.

The short version:

1. Boy and girl meet on dating site.

2. Boy and girl hit it off and soon begin an exclusive dating relationship.

3. After only a few months boy and girl travel to Europe for a vacation.

4. At Christmas time boy and girl travel to girl's hometown in another state to meet her family.

5. Boy tells girl's father he plans to propose when they are out of the country in 5 months.

6. One night girl tells boy to go home to study and have quiet time.

7. The same night someone comes into the girl's house and murders her.

8. The following day boy goes to girl's house and finds her body and calls police.

9. (to be continued)

-------------------------------------

How unlucky can one get. You are gone just one night and someone comes in and murders your girlfriend. Now that's what I call unlucky.

What are the odds?

JMO

Thinking about the time frame in which Allison was murdered:

Based on texts and phone calls from her mom and dad, it would appear someone came into her home sometime on Tuesday, February 17th during the hours from 8:00 pm to 1:00 am the following day. (Time perp was caught on video leaving)

If her dad tried to text her and it didn't go through at 10:00 pm his time (Minnesota time) that would have been at 9:00 pm Arizona time, with the one hour difference at that time of year.

At that time, the perp was obviously in her house because her phone had been 'disabled' in some way.

It's doubtful that Allison would have been asleep at 9:00 pm.

It is possible that she might have been in the shower, however, getting ready to go to bed.

Of course, there are a lot of other things she might have been doing at that time of night.

• Cleaning the house.
  • Catching up on emails with friends.
  • Cleaning out her car.
  • Reading a book.
  • Packing for her upcoming trip.
  • Doing some yoga or other form of exercise.
  • Giving herself a pedicure or manicure.
  • Watching something on TV.
  • Going over important papers, finances, etc.
  • Running an errand, the grocery store, etc.
  • Entertaining company.
  • Too many to name, actually.
  • Too many to name.

Whatever she was doing, she had in all likelihood already checked all her doors to make sure they were locked. She may not have set her alarm yet, but she would not be in the house after dark or anytime alone, for that matter, without locking the doors. IMO

So who knew she was there alone? Who had access to the home? Who could she have let in that late at night?

Why did someone want to kill Allison Feldman?

JMO

Yes, what reason would anyone want to kill her. Jealosly, revenge, money?

Well, if the killer left at 1:00 am, and Allison's mother spoke with her at 8:00 pm, and Allison's dad's text didn't go through at 10:00 pm, we can assume at the very least the killer might have been in the home with Allison for around 3 hours or longer. That's a long time to kill someone and try to cover up or do whatever he did after murdering her. He might have covered her face so he didn't have to look at her as he 'went about his business' whatever that was.

JMO

That's what's strange, really strange, - spending this much time with his victim in a crime scene. Only someone who knows her and her routine such that he knows no one else would be coming over... Whereas, a stranger would have no way of knowing he'd have this much time.. think about this...

That's what's strange, really strange, - spending this much time with his victim in a crime scene. Only someone who knows her and her routine such that he knows no one else would be coming over... Whereas, a stranger would have know way of knowing he'd have this much time.. think about this...

That's exactly what I was getting at Steve! Thanks for picking up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member