AZ AZ - Amy Yachimec, 13, Phoenix, 6 Nov 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is a link to Raymond Diaz Arizona Dept of Corrections. He was charged with sexual assault, kidnapping and burglary... for an offense in October 1981 and sentendced may 1983. looks like he is in prison until the year 2046. He will be there for a long time.
Sounds like the guy probably had the ability to kidnap and assault her, and kill her.

LINK:

http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/results_Minh.aspx?InmateNumber=037263&LastName=DIAZ&FNMI=R&SearchType=SearchInet&ReportLength=TOP_5

It is possible that Diaz did not kill her and did sell her to human trafficking/sex slave... there is the polaroid photo found in Florida June 15 1989, the girl bound in the photo Doe Network 66UFFL) has been thought to be Tara Calico missing 1989 (but some agencies say it is NOT Tara).. in 1989 Amy would be 21..
the girl in the polaroid photo has a strong resemblance to an older Amy (hair, nose, eyebrows)... and the story surrounding the polaroid photo fits human trafficking.. .(older white males ordering her along the beach) and there is also a young bound unknown male in the photo (speculated to be a missing boy from Alaska by some to be David Borer missing 1989).
Perhaps she was still being held captive by the people in the white van in Florida in 1989 (with this unidentified boy?)? Was hoping the age might fit Brian Bleyl missing from AZ a few months before Amy... if the two of them were held captive together, but the boy looks to young to be Bleyl in 1989...

http://doenetwork.org/cases/66uffl.html

Thank you for the link to Diaz kdsmith. If this is the correct Diaz, I guess I would be curious about an eavesdropped conversation or a jailhouse snitch situation.

I am puzzled that the media coverage from 2012 didnt include this Diaz if he is indeed Amy's likely killer.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/66uffl.html

Thank you for the link to Diaz kdsmith. If this is the correct Diaz, I guess I would be curious about an eavesdropped conversation or a jailhouse snitch situation.

I am puzzled that the media coverage from 2012 didnt include this Diaz if he is indeed Amy's likely killer.

I guess because he was never charged, only got his name from Amy's sister's post. They had a piece of hair evidence, but no body. I guess they felt like without the body, her hair did not confirm the story they had heard of what happened to Amy. Amy's sister said they needed the body to charge Diaz.

There is only one other Raymond Diaz in AZ prison and he is not old enough to have been the neighbor in 1981, he would have been 7. Amy's sister said he was incarcerated, so I am pretty sure it is him and the current charges match, once a violent pervert always a violent pervert.

Amy's sister just accepted me on the page she has set up for her. I can direct her to here if you'd like.

I hope she can shed some light as to whether or not the Diaz we are discussing is the suspect. :)

It's probably a huge long shot and practically inprobable, but she really does look like the girl bound in the famous polaroid

It's probably a huge long shot and practically inprobable, but she really does look like the girl bound in the famous polaroid

I do see how it looks like Amy, but I think it resembles Tara Calico a bit more...but it was never confirmed who was in the picture.

I am hoping that once the FRS is processed, it will help with some possible matches. It concerns me though that Phoenix is so close to Juarez. That town is a blatant dumping ground for women and girls who have been murdered.

Wasn't it said the cowlick and a scar in the pick of the bound girl matched Tara Calico's?

I definitely see the resemblance in Amy though. I would be interested to hear what her sister thinks...

Here is a color version of the missing photo of Amy. This definitely helps see what she looks like much better than the distorted black and white photo.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 101
What a beautiful girl. I hope some answers are provided for this family soon.

From the public facebook page for Amy.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 79
Now that I have seen an in color picture of Amy I don't think the bound girl in the polaroid picture is Amy. The girl in the picture has dark eyes, almost certainly brown (as Tara has) and Amy has light eyes.

I have always wondered why they suspected foul play in Amy's case, and I remember reading somewhere now about a man in jail on charges similar but seperate to Amy's situation, and also that he supposedly confessed to sexually assaulting and killing her. I think I read it on websleuths here, I just can't remember which thread it was!
But does anyone have anymore information on this? Maybe it was the Princess Doe thread, I think it could have been because there's been quite the buzz about Amy being Princess Doe..

I posted the guys name on this thread and some info, page 3 and Amy's sister posted on page 2 or 3 the guys name and information about him confessing..

Now that I have seen an in color picture of Amy I don't think the bound girl in the polaroid picture is Amy. The girl in the picture has dark eyes, almost certainly brown (as Tara has) and Amy has light eyes.

The Doe Network page for the girl in the polaroid lists blue eyes...I think it is the horrible polaroid copy, not sure how they were able to determine blue, but I am sure the FBI must have had the ability to enlarge it and look at itin greater detail than we can.

Here is the description...

Unidentified Female
•Last seen on June 15, 1989 in Port St. Joe, Gulf County, Florida.

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 15 - 16 years old
•Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair and blue eyes

I do see the Tara resemblance, but the eyebrow doesn't look (arched like Tara), her eyebrows and eyes look more like Amy to me..

I really think so too, she looks just as much like Amy to me as Tara - and the circumstances of human trafficking and human slavery fit as well with what the witnesses said about the men ordering the girl around the beach that day

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back