Found Deceased AZ - Angela Tramonte, 31, hiking w/ off-duty LE, met on Instagram, Phoenix, 30 Jul 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think he would have come down the wrong way and ended up quite a ways from the parking lot at the trail head. The area all around camelback if full of extremely expensive homes and resorts. It's the opposite of remote.

People wealthy enough to own those homes have the means to escape the heat and go to cooler climes when the thermostat climbs to 104F. Therefore, it would not be surprising if the owners of the home where she was found were not currently "in residence." A local PD officer would be well aware of this.

People wealthy enough to own those homes have the means to escape the heat and go to cooler climes when the thermostat climbs to 104F. Therefore, it would not be surprising if the owners of the home where she was found were not currently "in residence." A local PD officer would be well aware of this.

I was responding to how would you get an uber there. That said, while some of the houses are probably empty this time of year, there are lots of people all around that area all the time. Leaving someone to walk back down the trail by themselves would be a really ineffective way to try to do them harm deliberately imo.

Maybe he wasn't thinking with his brain.
But then you would think he would at least play the gentleman-ly role and join her in getting back down the mountain together. What kind of guy flies a girl out, then on the first day there, abandons her and leaves her to her own devices to get back on her own. I don't necessarily think anything more than that happened, but I just don't understand who could leave her like that. And all the lies are concerning.

An alarmingly thin woman from Boston is taken on a hike up a mountain trail with a local PO in Arizona, reportedly with no water. That, in itself, is nutso. To go as far as you can go and then turn back? Well you still have that same amount of ground to cover again but you've already gone as far as you can go. So how does that work? She should never have been left alone to make that trek back down. Perhaps he'll use the jackass defense.

An alarmingly thin woman from Boston is taken on a hike up a mountain trail with a local PO in Arizona, reportedly with no water. That, in itself, is nutso. To go as far as you can go and then turn back? Well you still have that same amount of ground to cover again but you've already gone as far as you can go. So how does that work? She should never have been left alone to make that trek back down. Perhaps he'll use the jackass defense.
I agree he was a total jackass to leave her to descend by herself. That said, I also think AT was foolish on several levels.
Per accounts by her friends, AT was a fitness fanatic who consumed gallons of water. If true, she should have known that a strenuous hike in high temperatures would deplete resources. She was an adult woman who made some bad judgement calls. Also, several photos depict AT as an unnaturally thin woman. It is not unreasonable to surmise she may have had underlying health conditions which contributed to her demise. It is a tragedy that she perished, but people are always so quick to put blame elsewhere. I do not mean to sound heartless…. because I do feel terrible for her and her family. AT was a beautiful young woman with her life ahead of her.
I also think that the PO was a supreme jerk for leaving her , but I honestly do not think there was nefarious intent. Just stupidity. IMO

This is so sad and unfortunate. While I do feel this is an accident, I can't keep from shaking my head at all the inconsistencies and unpreparedness. I do wonder though, did he ever actually make it to the top to take the photos for her? Surely they would be timestamped and help solidify his story. MOO

This is so sad and unfortunate. While I do feel this is an accident, I can't keep from shaking my head at all the inconsistencies and unpreparedness. I do wonder though, did he ever actually make it to the top to take the photos for her? Surely they would be timestamped and help solidify his story. MOO

Very good question, Nancy19XX. Did he actually make it to the top, and is he able to document that fact with the photos that she asked him to take?

Not saying she was this but know someone who went through it. When she started burning muscles and bruising, she was confronted. Awfully thin. She exercised way too much.

What Is Orthorexia? Orthorexia is an unhealthy focus on eating in a healthy way. Eating nutritious food is good, but if you have orthorexia, you obsess about it to a degree that can damage your overall well-being. Steven Bratman, MD, a California doctor, coined the term in 1996.Sep 9, 2020

Although not yet recognized by the APA, orthorexia is an eating disorder based around only eating healthy foods. While also not currently recognized by the APA, exercise addiction involves frequent and intense exercise, even when doing so is harmful.Apr 30, 2021

orthorexia - Google Search

She was very athletic & healthy. I do not believe this killed her though. Just pointing out maybe why she was extremely thin.

Last edited:
Very good question, Nancy19XX. Did he actually make it to the top, and is he able to document that fact with the photos that she asked him to take?
According to a statement released by the Phoenix PD, the PO is fully cooperating and photos from his phone show images taken from the top of Camelback. Also provided a receipt for the ride share he took back to the parking lot after he got lost coming down.

There is a lot of misinformation on this case. I find it hard to believe he got lost coming down. I've hiked that trail many times and there is only one route up and down. Plus after that grueling hike if he got lost he would not have made it either. Angela didn't get lost .... she diverted off the trail and underestimated how close she was to the car.

I bet that his uber receipt is due to her likely having had the keys and he had to rideshare home to get a second set.

There is a lot of misinformation on this case. I find it hard to believe he got lost coming down. I've hiked that trail many times and there is only one route up and down. Plus after that grueling hike if he got lost he would not have made it either. Angela didn't get lost .... she diverted off the trail and underestimated how close she was to the car.

I bet that his uber receipt is due to her likely having had the keys and he had to rideshare home to get a second set.

Two points: not believing his story doesn't mean there is misinformation about the case, and the rideshare information would be super easy to prove or disprove.

Also, as you likely know, there's more than one trail. So if he typically took one and this time took the other, getting lost isn't as wildly unlikely.

I guess, at the end of the day, no matter how much of a DB the dude may have been, it seems to me like a huge, wild stretch that he chose to try and do her in in a way that only have had about a 2% chance of actually happening. It's not like he pushed her, or even left her at the top. The chances that a young relatively fit person would die of heat stroke coming DOWN the mountain are very small. Not "attempted murder" worthy jmo.

Phoenix Police Department is being investigated by the DOJ as of last week. fyi Doesn't mean he did it and they are covering for him but interesting they chose AZ. I'm sure there's reason to.

Justice Department Announces Investigation of the City of Phoenix and the Phoenix Police Department

This has nothing to do with him. The reasons for it are related to racial issues/political protests and some other political stuff and I don't think can be discussed here. But this has been coming for quite some time.

Here's a link just to back up my post. Not for discussion :)

Advocacy groups support DOJ probe into Phoenix Police Department

On Thursday, the Department of Justice opened an investigation that would look at the police’s use of force, response to protestors, treatment of unsheltered people and people with disabilities and their internal reviews of misconduct.

I think this man is probably a liar and I really question his decision to let her walk back on her own especially when she was not feeling well. But I can't see a way he was involved. If it weren't for the photos taken by other hikers, I would question if she even went on that hike, or if it was a "cover story."

But since we have photo proof she WAS there for at least some time, I can't really think of a way he killed her - either on purpose or on accident - and put her in someone's backyard to make it look like heat stroke. I think he made a bad decision to not walk down with her and maybe his lies/mixed up stories about what he did that day were due to feeling guilty about that. Who knows? But it does sound like she succumbed to the heat or some sort of medical condition possibly due to the heat. Very very sad.

I keep seeing she was found in a backyard, news is reporting she was found "adjacent to a home on the NE side of the trail", but in this area, it's really hard to make out what backyard that could've been. Anyone have coordinates or clues?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503
Back