Found Deceased AZ - Angela Tramonte, 31, hiking w/ off-duty LE, met on Instagram, Phoenix, 30 Jul 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
as reported, he took the uber once he reached the base - to get back to his car in the lot, not to go home for keys. He may have parked in the lot for Cholla trail and descended via Echo Canyon or vice versa (the parking is terrible and limited for both trails), leaving him on the other side of the mountain with no way to get to his car. But that begs the question, had they stayed together, did they plan to come down the other trail and take an uber? Had they planned to walk back to the car - again, in that heat with no water? Why did he come down a trail not near his car?

as reported, he took the uber once he reached the base - to get back to his car in the lot, not to go home for keys. He may have parked in the lot for Cholla trail and descended via Echo Canyon or vice versa (the parking is terrible and limited for both trails), leaving him on the other side of the mountain with no way to get to his car. But that begs the question, had they stayed together, did they plan to come down the other trail and take an uber? Had they planned to walk back to the car - again, in that heat with no water? Why did he come down a trail not near his car?

Pistons .... that's definitely what was reported. <modsnip> So Angela knew how turn around and get back close to the car and he didn't? Did she abandon him? Who climbs a mountain and proceeds down the other side and finds themselves lost? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
CourtTV did a story on the case

So many questions: 1) Her phone was tracked, so it was charged and in working order. 2) She was found in a backyard. Many (most?) of these homes at Camelback Mountain have pools and wouldn’t they all have hose spigots? She must have been very disoriented to not use her phone or get water, even if the homeowners weren’t home at the time.
Poor lady, she may have called a friend for help if she wasn’t across the country in an unfamiliar city. RIP.

Bachelor Party Hikers Saw Angela Tramonte and Police Officer Date Before She Was Found Dead: ‘It Did Not Appear To Be Amicable’

Bachelor Party Hikers Saw Angela Tramonte and Police Officer Date Before She Was Found Dead: ‘It Did Not Appear To Be Amicable’

It's Nancy so take it with a caution. Lot's of information if true. jmo

One thing I could possibly try to figure out is he had not hiked the other trail before and came out on the other side, needing an uber to the side he parked on? Still weird in so many ways. Autopsy done, read it won't be available for up to 90 days. Not sure if that's from LE or not.

There are two trails at Camelback: Echo Canyon and Cholla. Echo Canyon is the only trail open. Cholla Trail has been closed since March 2020 (almost 1.5 years now). So if DD hikes Camelback regularly, as he first tried to say, then he would have most certainly been on Echo Canyon Trail sometime in the past 1.5 years.

Cholla Trail is closed off, even the parking area, so they could not have parked there.

As someone who has hiked Camelback many times, including last weekend, I am pretty confused as to how he got lost. Yes, it is possible to go off trail there but you can always see where you need to go (I am not really sure how to explain that better). There are sections of the trail where you are scrambling over boulders but it is clear to see which way you need to go. For him to get lost, he would have to be going WAY off trail (and why would he do that, knowing someone was waiting for him?).

A heat-related death makes the most sense but DD isn't doing himself any favors with apparent contradictions and ditching someone who just flew across the country to come see him. I mean, sheesh, if he hikes Camelback all the time, why not come back later after AT returns to Boston? Didn't he want to spend time with her?

And don't get me started on the other two pieces of this story: 1) starting a hike after 10am (locals know better than to do this, we are finished with hikes by 9am, certainly not starting them); and 2) not taking water (WHY???).

This article also states her family thinks he is married with children and lied to her about it. This explains why the family thinks the house he took her to was not his real home. Does this creep meet women online and then Airbnb a house acting like it's his when they come to visit?? Tells the wife he's working undercover all weekend so she can't reach him? Lol

This article also states her family thinks he is married with children and lied to her about it. This explains why the family thinks the house he took her to was not his real home. Does this creep meet women online and then Airbnb a house acting like it's his when they come to visit?? Tells the wife he's working undercover all weekend so she can't reach him? Lol

I think you have been listening to my conversations, as I have made these exact same questions. IMO, the answer is yes, that is exactly what he has been doing.

I'm not sure I have the relationship/marriage/girlfriend/baby mama business straight yet. Some say a wife, some say girlfriend. Father to two kids or is it some other father's children...and he's a boyfriend?

Still doesn't look good for the officer changing stories. I hope there's some answers on Monday. DOJ's investigating, that doesn't hurt either at this time.

I think if his story hadn't changed, being on the Brady List and lack of taking water, most wouldn't even think anything was amiss.

Why did they not have water? She was a fanatic about hydrating, probably always had a bottle of water with her, yet she didn't take any water? In that heat? And she's not a regular hiker? That's very odd. We all know people who always have a water bottle with them, always. (My daughter, it's like the thing is surgically attached with her mobile in the other hand.)

Interesting that the bachelor party guys are sharing their interaction and impressions.

I am very curious about the true nature of the relationship with Angela and the PO. What kind of romantic relationship was it? Trying to be delicate. Did he maybe tell her things to do, his word was law? Pushed her fitness activity?

I haven't seen anything in MSM referring to his martial status other than her friends' speculation. Does anyone have a link to that?

If she just flew across country (was it a direct flight from Boston?) maybe she had a pulmonary embolus (incresed risk esp if on OCP's)? That's something the ME can easily rule out.

He might be an <modsnip>, doesn't make him a murderer. He met a woman online and she came out to see him. It was probably just hooking-up not in-love or emotionally committed. They didn't know each other that well. Who knows what their first day together was like. He doesn't "owe" her to go back down the mountain with her. Is that <modsnip> of him? Yes most def. Not all men are gentleman, but thats not a crime. Like I said <modsnip> doesn't equal murderer.

There were other hikers who can confirm she headed back down the trail alone- and seemed annoyed complaining about the heat and humidity and lack of water. Other hikers can verify he continued up the mountain.

Last edited by a moderator:
If she just flew across country (was it a direct flight from Boston?) maybe she had a pulmonary embolus (incresed risk esp if on OCP's)? That's something the ME can easily rule out.

He might be an <modsnip>, doesn't make him a murderer. He met a woman online and she came out to see him. It was probably just hooking-up not in-love or emotionally committed. They didn't know each other that well. Who knows what their first day together was like. He doesn't "owe" her to go back down the mountain with her. Is that <modsnip> of him? Yes most def. Not all men are gentleman, but thats not a crime. Like I said <modsnip> doesn't equal murderer.

There were other hikers who can confirm she headed back down the trail alone- and seemed annoyed complaining about the heat and humidity and lack of water. Other hikers can verify he continued up the mountain.
I am fully expecting the autopsy report to show she had some kind of pre-existing condition which greatly contributed to / caused her death.
From photos posted online, AT appeared to be unhealthily thin. Would not be at all surprised if cause of death on autopsy is cardiac related. Poor young woman.

I am fully expecting the autopsy report to show she had some kind of pre-existing condition which greatly contributed to / caused her death.
From photos posted online, AT appeared to be unhealthily thin. Would not be at all surprised if cause of death on autopsy is cardiac related. Poor young woman.
Yes, in one photo she looks nearly anorexic. That can upset electrolyte balance which could cause irregular heartbeat. Add in the heat, the sun, the dehydration, and it the chance of a fatal episode increases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back