Found Deceased AZ - Benjamin Anderson, 41, Car found burned, Phoenix, 31 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This post lands at random.

from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, case players, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

If you submit a tip to law enforcement, do NOT announce it or discuss it in any way on the threads. Doing so has the potential to undermine an investigation.

So many questions.

I understand DS and Ben were longtime friends but why would DS have Ben's condo key and his Apple password? Why would DS be trying to get into Ben's iPad?

If Ben had been driving Thursday night from northern AZ why would he have planned to meet DS for early breakfast? Seems more reasonable he would have crashed and slept in.

With ZERO leads, why would DS instantly start looking around hotels? Just seems so random. But then, he almost instantly finds Ben's car - not out in an open parking lot but on the 4th floor of a hotel's parking garage?!!

And DS somehow also had the VIN / license plate / other pertinent info to give to Lexus, even though he was not the car's owner nor a family member? Why would he take that action without first contacting Ben's family, most especially his aunt, the OWNER of the car?!

When DS first spotted Ben's car + the three people why didn't he immediately dial 911 to get cops on their tail (that's kinda what they do) before running after them himself?

Obviously I don't have all the facts but given the reporting we do have to date, too many WTF's in this story.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't have words. I don't know Ben, but he certainly is a person I would love to have known.
Extraordinary person, who has touched so many lives.
My heart goes out to all his dear friends, everyone who knew him......
Thank you @whitelilac . So grateful to each and every one of you who has shown those of us who knew him kindness and love.

Last edited:
So many questions.

I understand DS and Ben were longtime friends but why would DS have Ben's condo key and his Apple password? Why would DS be trying to get into Ben's iPad?

If Ben had been driving Thursday night from northern AZ why would he have planned to meet DS for early breakfast? Seems more reasonable he would have crashed and slept in.

With ZERO leads, why would DS instantly start looking around hotels? Just seems so random. But then, he almost instantly finds Ben's car - not out in an open parking lot but on the 4th floor of a hotel's parking garage?!!

And DS somehow also had the VIN / license plate / other pertinent info to give to Lexus, even though he was not the car's owner nor a family member? Why would he take that action without first contacting Ben's family, most especially his aunt, the OWNER of the car?!

When DS first spotted Ben's car + the three people why didn't he immediately dial 911 to get cops on their tail (that's kinda what they do) before running after them himself?

Obviously I don't have all the facts but given the reporting we do have to date, too many WTF's in this story.

JMO
1. I don't see any problem with a close friend having a key to Ben's condo. Friend also has my key. D guessed the password.
2. Breakfast was planned for 9:30 am. We don't know when he arrived home from up north, and I read the drive was just 2 hours.
3. D managed to get the zip code location of where the car was from Lexus. The group went to the area, first to the Super 8 motel.
Businesses were closed in the area so they decided to check out hotels, finding the car at that Sheraton.
4. Aunt contacted D because Ben didn't show up to her home to install lamps. Not showing up was very uncharacteristic. Maybe she gave D the license #.
VIN was figured out online from the license plate #. There's a way to do this.
Also later on it was determined that was indeed the aunt's car because the Sheraton had good video, of the car's license plate # and the three individuals.
5. They did call LE, but they did not show up in time to find the car.

Ben's phone was also turned off which according to D he never did, further alarming D and friends.
D was also confused by the state of the condo, given that Ben was extremely tidy. It seemed that Ben may have left in a rush.
By 6:30 pm, they were all worried, mostly because it was all so unusual for Ben...phone off, no show to aunt's home, no contact, could not be reached, car not at home, home not in order, wet towel on bed, clothes on kitchen floor etc, lights still on (according to friends, Ben was a stickler for turning off the lights)

I didn’t know Ben but have been following his case from the beginning. I have so many questions, thoughts and responses to your post but for some reason, I feel like nothing I would say would be of any value to you. I’m very sorry for your loss!!
Very succinctly and respectfully worded x

Curious this is not in the main stream media much. In fact, with a Google search, it was difficult to find anyone reporting the existence of the Go Fund Me efforts/the $25,000 reward. This news outlet’s Facebook Page supposedly had something written in reference to it, but when I clicked the link, it appeared to have been removed. I couldn’t find it. I looked back 18 hrs ago (when Briana made the post to her Twitter) & beyond, but I didn’t have any luck.

A few ideas:

1) According to the Go Fund Me campaign, this is not coming “out of their pockets” (except for any donation(s) they have chosen to make to the cause themselves).

2)At last glance, Dan & Sue had raised $5,535 of the $25,000 promised as a reward. I have no doubt they will meet their financial goal of $25,000 as Ben was so widely loved by people in all walks of life from many states as well as multiple countries, but in the event that they do not, then, do they intend to pay the remainder of the promised reward out-of-pocket, or is the person who comes forward with the info’s reward limited to what Dan & Sue are able to raise via their campaign? Has this been voiced or otherwise expressed anywhere?

3)I suspect (conjecture only) they may have initiated this campaign to save face. They were near immediately “called out” by some for not offering the first reward “for information leading to an arrest” or the like. (Notice it took them a week +2 days to decide launch this Go Fund Me campaign. Why?)

(Remember, initially, they offered a $10,000 reward only for the safe physical return of a live Benjamin J. Anderson.)

3) Other reasonable theory is … Perhaps another key goal in developing the Go Fund Me campaign is to do just as they have successfully done with you, Brad - to convince others what fantastic friends they are with the hopes of taking any and all focus & suspicion off them as potential suspects and/or as having had some sort of involvement in Ben’s disappearance & subsequent death.
@BenjaminJAndersonAlly
I am sorry for the loss of your good friend Ben
And welcome to WS although I’m sure you would prefer not to be here under these circumstances.
May I respectfully ask- you appear suspicious in relation to Dan and friends role in Bens disappearance and what they may or may not have done. Do you have information to impart that makes you feel this way? Or discussions
held with Ben that may give rise to them not being as close friends as is being put forth by their words and actions?

I can do a complicated task and do every step correct, sometimes it gives me a little false confidence and I’ll get sloppy towards the end or skip a step out of arrogance… always to my detriment.

When I originally brought up my doubts on his “friends” all I was thinking/ asking for is if there were multiple people together that saw the “3 suspects”, and aboard for the “car chase” then where is the footage from their phones??? Does LE have it? Or does it not exist because it never happened?
Or does it not exist because they didn’t know what the situation was an were already running on adrenaline fight/flight mode and did not want to be seen directly filming in case it exacerbated an already dangerous situation that even
LE wouldn’t attend (to which point Dan et al
Said “if you don’t then we will “ ) and they were fearful that the trio may pull weapons on them
Sometimes there’s being brave and putting your head above the parapet to help
And then there’s being stupid! None of us know if any exists and if not why not so it’s a moot point at this time which is making it appear that there’s potentially a clash between friends groups
Also, @BenAndersonAlly said Ben was secretive and kept certain friends groups apart so maybe Ben did drive back from friends the night before and Ben just didn’t disclose this to him but he did tell Dan
How do any of us know what LE knows at this point in time. I’m sure about one thing - Ben is and was a very much loved friend and I’m sure that he would not wish there to be finger pointing between his friends unless there was concrete evidence of wrongdoing on DS et al part

Last edited:
We definitely don’t know if they took pictures or not. I’ve been in that parking garage, it’s not very wide. Coming upon 3 people in a narrow drive (two standing outside, one in the car) in that garage at 12:30 am in a moving vehicle, I only assume it was dangerous to whip out phones and start taking pictures. They did recount that they called 911 and the car departed when they noticed each other. But nevertheless, the purpose is to help find those who did this. Regardless of whether they had pics on their phone or not, we KNOW the hotel had clear camera footage. Like I said, it’s narrow so if they have footage of the trio in Ben’s car, they have footage of the friends in their car entering and then leaving in pursuit.

I believe someone suggested the trio was made up. The security guard said they could see the people so unless the friends lied to police (assume they’d be arrested by now) it seems the trio exists.

Additionally, I’ve been out to see the UEI parking lot where the car was lit on fire. The building has cameras all the way around it. Basic police work would indicate they’ve collected all of the footage.

On top of all of that, Lexus knew where the car was and had been. I assume LE also has that. If the friends were culpable, I could only imagine how easy of a case it would be to solve.
This ^^^^
Also, there’s an alternative view
R v Turnbull rules - identification or recognition? If they had of taken images then it could be put to them as a prosecution witness by the defence that they didn’t comply with legalities and only subsequently picked the perpetrators out of an ID line up ( if in future this was to happen) because they looked similar to those on the video they took during car chase and they have since looked at the video and picked people out of a line up who look like them on the video but it’s not the same people and therefore it’s not identification but recognition from the image but it is mistaken identity which could do more harm to the case than good - just playing devils advocate here
All MOO and experience from having a Robbery offence committed using firearms and a passer by outside the bank saw and took a video and at Court , sufficient reasonable doubt Re ID was enough to create the reasonable doubt so
they may not have taken images or the LE in charge have told them not to disclose this

My aunt wondered the same thing. But taking it someplace like a hotel parking lot with cameras would make it seem like a bad plan. Anything is possibly. I hope law enforcement makes an announcement soon.
@Another friend of Ben I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that you all get the answers you so desperately need to avenge Bens senseless evil murder of such a loved man x

@BenjaminJAndersonAlly
I am sorry for the loss of your good friend Ben
And welcome to WS although I’m sure you would prefer not to be here under these circumstances.
May I respectfully ask- you appear suspicious in relation to Dan and friends role in Bens disappearance and what they may or may not have done. Do you have information to impart that makes you feel this way? Or discussions
held with Ben that may give rise to them not being as close friends as is being put forth by their words and actions?
Thank you for your condolences.

I have answered your questions in multiple previous posts.

I realize this thread has gotten lengthy, and many of my posts are now several pages back.

I am pretty new to WS, as you are aware, so I am not sure what thread search and/or filter capabilities are available.

While I welcome the questions, if there is a way to filter the thread to read my prior posts in reference to your questions, that would be best.

Thank you for your condolences.

I have answered your questions in multiple previous posts.

I realize this thread has gotten lengthy, and many of my posts are now several pages back.

I am pretty new to WS, as you are aware, so I am not sure what thread search and/or filter capabilities are available.

While I welcome the questions, if there is a way to filter the thread to read my prior posts in reference to your questions, that would be best.
I’m flipping through the threads, I can’t find the response to this question. Anyone else find it?

Just popping in tonight to see if any updates.

I do know it will probably take awhile for tox and autopsy reports to come back, let alone if LE will even release the findings since it is an ongoing investigation.

It took us over 6 months to get the ME, autopsy and tox reports when my daughter's fiance passed away last year...
but it still took that long, even in our small county.

{{HUGS}} and prayers to his friends here on WS with us. (and friends and family not on here*)

We are thinking of all of you and can feel your pain along with your love for your friend.

So many questions.

JMO
IMO I believe they had contact with the Aunt earlier in the night when they were trying to reach Lexus and report him as missing. That info would have to be provided to Phx PD when reporting him missing.
According to MSM (DS Account), a Lexus operator gave them a general area around i-17 and Northern/Dunlap. Lots of hotels/apts, a few office low rises and 1 or 2 restaurants.
According to MSM (DS account), one of the passengers when they spotted the car at 12:00 or so got on 911 right away but was put on hold due to volume. Not publicly verified yet by LE but I wouldn't expect them to.
Keys, password guesses, door locked, no word on where phone is, all odd to be sure.

I’m flipping through the threads, I can’t find the response to this question. Anyone else find it?
@BenjaminJAndersonAlly ...
Comment #401 is the original question by @Angleterre ... if you click the small up arrow next to a commenter's name at the top of a quoted post, it will take you back. In this case back-and-back. I think you've made it clear you are just questioning everything in the MSM accounts. But IF you have specific info you must turn that over to MCSO immediately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back