Found Deceased AZ - Benjamin Anderson, 41, Car found burned, Phoenix, 31 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1. I don't see any problem with a close friend having a key to Ben's condo. Friend also has my key. D guessed the password.
2. Breakfast was planned for 9:30 am. We don't know when he arrived home from up north, and I read the drive was just 2 hours.
3. D managed to get the zip code location of where the car was from Lexus. The group went to the area, first to the Super 8 motel.
Businesses were closed in the area so they decided to check out hotels, finding the car at that Sheraton.
4. Aunt contacted D because Ben didn't show up to her home to install lamps. Not showing up was very uncharacteristic. Maybe she gave D the license #.
VIN was figured out online from the license plate #. There's a way to do this.
Also later on it was determined that was indeed the aunt's car because the Sheraton had good video, of the car's license plate # and the three individuals.
5. They did call LE, but they did not show up in time to find the car.

Ben's phone was also turned off which according to D he never did, further alarming D and friends.
D was also confused by the state of the condo, given that Ben was extremely tidy. It seemed that Ben may have left in a rush.
By 6:30 pm, they were all worried, mostly because it was all so unusual for Ben...phone off, no show to aunt's home, no contact, could not be reached, car not at home, home not in order, wet towel on bed, clothes on kitchen floor etc, lights still on (according to friends, Ben was a stickler for turning off the lights)
Thanks for the great reminder of MSM accounts @whitelilac . I've been a little more scattershot.

Questions for Ben's friends @whitelilac , @BenjaminJAndersonAlly , @BradSleuth1 , @Another friend of Ben, @Mccrackenator (sorry if I missed anyone)

Let's set aside for now a date or someone he was helping out from the night before stayed over and something went haywire.

1. What types of things would Ben leave his apt. in a rush that morning? Can anyone recall a similar incident where he might have done such a thing?
2. Did Ben always carry his credit cards, drivers, and cash just loose? He had no wallet?
3. Someone early in the thread mentioned picking up a prescription that AM. I have not seen that in any accounts. Was anyone sick he knew (or did he have daily meds) that would require an immediate pick up when ready? (Trying to generate video sighting possibilities)
4. What was Ben's normal winter early morning attire? The clothing cited in the missing person flyer doesn't fit with the weather. But does fit with a quick errand run. But doesn't fit with a hook-up or friend with an emergency IMO.
Does anyone know if this description was given to police when the missing person report was filed at 6:30? I did not see it ever mentioned in MSM and only on the flyers as something "he may be wearing". Was the clothing determined by an actual canvas of his clothes by friends or just a guess?
5. What was Ben's go to spot?
6. What was Ben's general health like? Could he have become incapacitated and people took advantage out in public somewhere?

@BenjaminJAndersonAlly ...
Comment #401 is the original question by @Angleterre ... if you click the small up arrow next to a commenter's name at the top of a quoted post, it will take you back. In this case back-and-back. I think you've made it clear you are just questioning everything in the MSM accounts. But IF you have specific info you must turn that over to MCSO immediately.
@JJRay, you have referenced comment #’s several times. Since I’m new to this site, would you mind telling me where these are located? I cannot #’s listed anywhere! I have primarily been on this site on my iPhone and occasionally my iPad but have not used my laptop. Does that make a difference maybe or am I just missing something? Thank you in advance!

@JJRay, you have referenced comment #’s several times. Since I’m new to this site, would you mind telling me where these are located? I cannot #’s listed anywhere! I have primarily been on this site on my iPhone and occasionally my iPad but have not used my laptop. Does that make a difference maybe or am I just missing something? Thank you in advance!
small little orange number in lower right...it may I'm always on my laptop...can't type on phones very well... :)

I know I'm not the poster you asked, but if you turn your phone sideways you will find the post # in the lower right corner.

I am so grateful for people with personal knowledge of the victim here. You are giving him a face and a voice. We are falling more in love with Ben because of you!

As far as discussing the “friends” in the news, please understand that on WebSleuths, many of us have been here for years discussing many many cases. We bounce ideas off each other. We discuss the last person know to see the victim often. We sometimes go against the grain as we try to puzzle what happened. They may be innocent. They may not. I haven’t heard anyone outright accuse them of killing Ben. But, as a sleuth, don’t we have the option to discuss it as a possibility? Especially when LE is tight lipped or not providing any updates. Especially when LE hasn’t “ruled out” any individual. Just something to ponder

I am so grateful for people with personal knowledge of the victim here. You are giving him a face and a voice. We are falling more in love with Ben because of you!

As far as discussing the “friends” in the news, please understand that on WebSleuths, many of us have been here for years discussing many many cases. We bounce ideas off each other. We discuss the last person know to see the victim often. We sometimes go against the grain as we try to puzzle what happened. They may be innocent. They may not. I haven’t heard anyone outright accuse them of killing Ben. But, as a sleuth, don’t we have the option to discuss it as a possibility? Especially when LE is tight lipped or not providing any updates. Especially when LE hasn’t “ruled out” any individual. Just something to ponder

Totally agree. Innocence is difficult (sometimes impossible) to prove. Again I stress, this is why we offer “presumed innocence.” (Article 11 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 14 of the United Nations International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights from 1966, etc.)

That said, it would be unjust to grant someone a “free pass” or to blindly guarantee immunity (innocence) regardless of circumstances.

Last edited:
Questions for Ben's friends @whitelilac , @BenjaminJAndersonAlly , @BradSleuth1 , @Another friend of Ben, @Mccrackenator (sorry if I missed anyone)

Let's set aside for now a date or someone he was helping out from the night before stayed over and something went haywire.

1. What types of things would Ben leave his apt. in a rush that morning? Can anyone recall a similar incident where he might have done such a thing?
2. Did Ben always carry his credit cards, drivers, and cash just loose? He had no wallet?
3. Someone early in the thread mentioned picking up a prescription that AM. I have not seen that in any accounts. Was anyone sick he knew (or did he have daily meds) that would require an immediate pick up when ready? (Trying to generate video sighting possibilities)
4. What was Ben's normal winter early morning attire? The clothing cited in the missing person flyer doesn't fit with the weather. But does fit with a quick errand run. But doesn't fit with a hook-up or friend with an emergency IMO.
Does anyone know if this description was given to police when the missing person report was filed at 6:30? I did not see it ever mentioned in MSM and only on the flyers as something "he may be wearing". Was the clothing determined by an actual canvas of his clothes by friends or just a guess?
5. What was Ben's go to spot?
6. What was Ben's general health like? Could he have become incapacitated and people took advantage out in public somewhere?
I would like to add one more question

FLyer and news report "Last seen--morning of DEC 31st"

MY question--BY WHO ??????

""Anderson was last seen on the morning of Dec. 31. According to AZcentral.com, Anderson had planned to have brunch with his friend, Daniel Stahoviak. He canceled the plans at the last minute, saying that he was fatigued.""

Benjamin Harrison Case: Missing Ariz. Man Is Found Dead in Desert | PEOPLE.com

Last edited:

I completely agree with the concept of having an open environment to share ideas and explore different possibilities. This website does a fantastic job at allowing people to do just that while also maintaining respect for other websleuth members and innocent, identified members of the public.

In this particular situation, there are identified people that have been discussed on here and now have a permanent online footprint that portrays them as potentially disingenuous or even worse, persons of interest in a robbery/homicide case.

I don’t believe in making certain topics off limits, but there is a way to discuss the friends without unduly harming their reputations. Without more concrete evidence pointing towards their involvement, I honestly think we have explored this idea to its limit.

RBBM RSBM
According to MSM (DS account), one of theKeys, password guesses, door locked, no word on where phone is, all odd to be sure.
Some people use a loved ones name as a password (or similar) and use that same password for everything and just increment it up one digit when they need to change it, and some use a random password generator or other methods to make a very difficult to guess password.

Do either of the friends of Ben on here know which way he would usually lean towards?

I hope to god Dan never reads through this thread. It would be pretty depressing to see people questioning his motives when he’s already dealing with such a sudden tragic loss. I wish people would leave him and the other friends out of discussion unless it involves reporting new *facts*
I agree-- to a point
Being the last person to have "spoken" with BA
Being the main person providing info to social media/News
(which is great...everyone needs a spokes person/contact)

However, all motives, and those closest to victims should be questioned and looked at. I would suspect that is how LE does it. They question everyone.

However--- we have seen in other cases where some things are not always what they seem to be and it is good to stay open minded about ALL POSSIBILITIES.

I, personally, like to look at and evaluate all options.
I usually can grasp right away the situation of a case but in Benjamin's case... I am all over the board with possibilities.

JMO

Just saw your post after I posted.
You did so much more eloquently than I did.

Thank you --- we do tend to look outside the box and bounce different scenarios off each other as it should be if we want to try to find the monster(s) that do these god awful crimes to loved ones.
LE is usually tight lipped so all we have is each other to ask questions, post thoughts and theories to each other.

I hope to god Dan never reads through this thread. It would be pretty depressing to see people questioning his motives when he’s already dealing with such a sudden tragic loss. I wish people would leave him and the other friends out of discussion unless it involves reporting new *facts*

I don’t think he will come here to read but he is aware of some of what’s being said not just here but other places. Often times when you are the last known person to have contact it automatically makes you a suspect to some people. I can imagine he’s not feeling good about it especially when he was just trying to do the right thing.

I know everyone can only go by the information that’s out in the public. The whole thing is just crazy but once the other pieces are revealed it will make more sense. Some things have been shared with law enforcement that wasn’t made public so not to mess up the investigation.

I don’t think Dan or Sue was involved. I saw them with Ben multiple times over the years and I just can’t see it. Especially to just dump his body. No. If I was there when Ben was missing I would have joined them in the search and be the topic of discussion.

I will contribute to the go fund me account. As well some others I know that knew Ben. If money is what it will take to get someone to talk then I’m all in.

I think it’s normal for even Ben’s friends to have a different response and theories on his death. I’ve had a chance to speak with several others. We may have different information that we are using that as our basis for our position.

I appreciate you all even caring enough to read through all of theses comments and post. I will keep fighting until there’s s conviction or more depending on how many are involved.

I agree-- to a point
Being the last person to have "spoken" with BA
Being the main person providing info to social media/News
(which is great...everyone needs a spokes person/contact)

However, all motives, and those closest to victims should be questioned and looked at. I would suspect that is how LE does it. They question everyone.

However--- we have seen in other cases where some things are not always what they seem to be and it is good to stay open minded about ALL POSSIBILITIES.

I, personally, like to look at and evaluate all options.
I usually can grasp right away the situation of a case but in Benjamin's case... I am all over the board with possibilities.

JMO

I totally agree that the police need to speak with everyone involved and I’m sure Dan and some of the other friends were the first ones interviewed. That being said, we are not the ones questioning them, nor have we received any information that would lead to them being suspects.

I understand that many publicized murder cases have involved elements of personal conflict between the victim and a killer known to them. There are also many highly-publicized cases where the killer took significant steps to evade suspicion, including contacting the police to report the crime, involving themselves in the search, speaking with the media, etc. I also know that there is a high statistical probability of a victim and killer knowing each other.

aside from making assumptions based on prior cases we know about, we have nothing specific in this case (that we know about here on WS) that actually points the finger at them

I completely agree with the concept of having an open environment to share ideas and explore different possibilities. This website does a fantastic job at allowing people to do just that while also maintaining respect for other websleuth members and innocent, identified members of the public.

In this particular situation, there are identified people that have been discussed on here and now have a permanent online footprint that portrays them as potentially disingenuous or even worse, persons of interest in a robbery/homicide case.

I don’t believe in making certain topics off limits, but there is a way to discuss the friends without unduly harming their reputations. Without more concrete evidence pointing towards their involvement, I honestly think we have explored this idea to its limit.
True....
Maybe we should all use INITIALS or maybe first name only and not full names ???
Just a thought ???

Problem though is when we quote a news article, they usually have full name of person, so that is hard when we are copy/pasting unless we edit.

IDK ???

JMO

True....
Maybe we should all use INITIALS or maybe first name only and not full names ???
Just a thought ???

JMO

When they have already been publicly ID’d by the media, any coded reference to them will probably still be too easy to see through. At this point, there is no point in not using their real names. It’s just the constant rehashing of a theory that currently* has no legs that is irresponsible

*based on the information that has been publicly shared by the media and other WS members

I totally agree that the police need to speak with everyone involved and I’m sure Dan and some of the other friends were the first ones interviewed. That being said, we are not the ones questioning them, nor have we received any information that would lead to them being suspects.

I understand that many publicized murder cases have involved elements of personal conflict between the victim and a killer known to them. There are also many highly-publicized cases where the killer took significant steps to evade suspicion, including contacting the police to report the crime, involving themselves in the search, speaking with the media, etc. I also know that there is a high statistical probability of a victim and killer knowing each other.

aside from making assumptions based on prior cases we know about, we have nothing specific in this case (that we know about here on WS) that actually points the finger at them
I understand what you are saying.
It is like a fine line

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay