AZ AZ - Chelsea Grimm, 32, traveling from San Diego CA to CT, car found Oct 5 on Forest Rd 6 near Williams, she was last seen in Williams, 28 Sep 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As a bearded dragon owner, I am definitely puzzled by the decision to drive to the wedding rather than leave her beardie behind. Bearded dragons need a very controlled environment with proper lighting and humidity. They are very hearty and easy to care for in the right environment, so I often have friends petsit for mine without issue. They can literally go weeks without eating (not that I would ever do that), so just having a friend stop by and give my beardie some fresh salad every couple of days is sufficient. All of the lighting can be on a timer to keep the environment where he needs it to be without any intervention from my petsitter. But being out of his temperature/humidity-controlled enclosure for days would be very bad for him. So it seems like a MUCH worse option for CG to have taken her beardie with her on a road trip than to leave him at home and just have someone feed him every few days while she was away.
This is why I feel like maybe she initially might have had intentions to stay back east. But then decided she needed to go back. Depending on how cunning this individual she is dealing with can be...

Thank you. I'm adding that to my list of "unusual" decisions made by this missing young woman.

It does lend more credibility to the idea that maybe she was intending to leave California and head back home. If it was true that her thinking was clouded by fear of a romantic partner/relationship gone bac, it must have been very frustrating to her that she couldn't fly with the bearded dragon and had only the choice of driving. I do worry about the two of them having taken off without the car, but possibly someone did pick her and the dragon up.

How hard would it be to attend to a bearded dragon in very low humidity, like Arizona? Do they thrive in low humidity? Is the lighting of the heat lamp variety?

IMO.

Low humidity is where bearded dragons thrive, so that would not have been an issue in AZ at least. As she moved north and east on her way to CT, it might have become more of a concern, though is less of an issue in the northeast in the fall/winter. The temperature differential and UV light that bearded dragons need would have been more concerning. They need a basking spot that is in the 100-110 range in order to digest food and the cool end of their temperature range should not fall below 70. They need proper UV lighting in order to get enough vitamin D to process calcium, which is critical to their health.

Does anyone have any more precise information about where the car was found, like, maybe GPS coordinates of its location?

Also, does anyone have a better idea where CG's car was in Williams Cemetery, both in the "photo with flowers" and the police LE footage?

I have been looking online for animal rescues in the area to see if a bearded dragon has been turned in. Nothing so far. Does anyone know if there is a missing or recovered pets group, in those areas, on Facebook or other social media? I’m not familiar with the area, as I live near Seattle, nor do I have much knowledge on these pets. Any input on this rabbit (or bearded bearded dragon) hole, would be helpful.
Praying she is found safe soon.

I work in animal rescue (not my 9-5 but my heart job for sure) and if we got a call about a bearded, we'd refer them to game and fish. There really is only one reptile rescue in the state and I understand they have been notified. But my guess is a bearded could live without human intervention for a while here

Did CG live with her parents before she went missing? TIA

No, she was traveling from San Diego to Connecticut (where her parents apparently live) for a wedding to be held in New York. She is an East Coast woman, IMO.

She had received her CA license to practice Social Work recently, according to her FB.

Low humidity is where bearded dragons thrive, so that would not have been an issue in AZ at least. As she moved north and east on her way to CT, it might have become more of a concern, though is less of an issue in the northeast in the fall/winter. The temperature differential and UV light that bearded dragons need would have been more concerning. They need a basking spot that is in the 100-110 range in order to digest food and the cool end of their temperature range should not fall below 70. They need proper UV lighting in order to get enough vitamin D to process calcium, which is critical to their health.

Thank you so much! 100-110 is warm - but achievable had CG stayed with her car. Unfortunately, overnight lows in the Ash Fork/Seligman area are getting to below 50 each night and it's getting colder. She does have a sleeping back. Outdoor sunshine would help a little too, with the Vitamin D.

It's so cool that you're taking the time to educate us about the care of these amazing creatures - and I hope that both CG and her Dragon are found safe. I think it's possible she hitched a ride with someone - she took a lot of stuff from her car (just not her digital camera, I guess).

I work in animal rescue (not my 9-5 but my heart job for sure) and if we got a call about a bearded, we'd refer them to game and fish. There really is only one reptile rescue in the state and I understand they have been notified. But my guess is a bearded could live without human intervention for a while here
Thank you so much for all this information! Bless you for all you do for helpless animals!

Thank you so much! 100-110 is warm - but achievable had CG stayed with her car. Unfortunately, overnight lows in the Ash Fork/Seligman area are getting to below 50 each night and it's getting colder. She does have a sleeping back. Outdoor sunshine would help a little too, with the Vitamin D.

It's so cool that you're taking the time to educate us about the care of these amazing creatures - and I hope that both CG and her Dragon are found safe. I think it's possible she hitched a ride with someone - she took a lot of stuff from her car (just not her digital camera, I guess).

I have been lurking on these boards for YEARS but rarely post, as I rarely have much to contribute. In this case, I was immediately drawn in by the fact she has a beardie with her and it seems like a lot of people don't know much about them, so I am happy I can finally help!

I think she may have gotten a ride out too, to get help for her car. I don't know why she didn't move it off the road, though. From what I read the area is popular with hunters and wood cutters. The wood cutter talked to her on the 30th which is a Saturday more people there. I wonder if the wedding was on the 30th.

An extensive search was conducted of the 3-mile radius around where her car was discovered, her father noted, so she likely would have been found by nearby hunters or loggers – or the many search parties that have combed through the area.

“Maybe she got a ride out of there,” Stephen Grimm told Law&Crime. “That’s what we’re kind of hoping.”

X post 5 hrs ago
Video is just over 17 mins

Chelsea Grimm's parents tell me she was driving across the country to a wedding and did not fly because she couldn't bring her bearded dragon on the plane. She disappeared in Arizona. Any info -- call Coconino County Sheriff’s Office 928-774-4523.

Maybe it's old news ... and I am late to know as I haven't kept up with this thread, however, on linked (15 min timestamp) video the family Investigator stated some interesting things have come to light as of today, but will not reveal them just yet. They will release it to the news if it comes to fruition because we want the world to look out for it.
I guess the family's investigator didn't found out anything further? Doesn't appear that there has been any new info released since he spoke with BE last Tues.

I hope LE is working behind the scenes, getting a warrant for her text messages and diving in to see who she communicated with last, confirm the last conversation she had with her parents (whether it was via text or a phone call, Still don’t have clarity IMO.)
ETA: and what the communication with this ex has been like in the recent past. That phone is going to hold a lot of important information for this case as it does a lot of cases. As much as new technology can be frustrating and hindering it can also be a blessing. MOO

Various reports have stated an extensive 3 mile-radius search was conducted around the location of her car. If you think about it, that isn’t very far. A fit person can walk a 15 minute mile. If she had flat tires and headed out on foot to get help, assuming she didn’t have cell phone access, she could easily have covered 3 miles an hour during daylight on relatively flat terrain. So she could have moved away from her car, say, 15 or more miles easily and perhaps ventured into an area she didn’t intend to be in as she may not have had phone access to view her location or a map. Have there been any reports on aerial searches outside of a small 3 mile radius?

Her profile on NamUs:

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Chelsea was last seen on Forest Service Road 6 where her vehicle was disabled. She was contacted by two hunters but denied any assistance. This was the last sighting of Chelsea.

Her profile on NamUs:

Chelsea was last seen on Forest Service Road 6 where her vehicle was disabled. She was contacted by two hunters but denied any assistance. This was the last sighting of Chelsea.
It's been reported she was last seen by a wood cutter, who talked to her about noontime on Sep 30. The hunters never spoke to her, only saw her car that day.

I apologize if I missed it, I'm still trying to catch up, but has it been determined if her last communication with her parents was by text, or did they actually speak to her? If it was by text I have to wonder if it was actually her or if someone else could have had control of her phone. It has happened so many times before. Just me speculating.

Her profile on NamUs:

"contacted by two hunters but denied any assistance"
Hmm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove