AZ AZ - Chelsea Grimm, 32, traveling from San Diego CA to CT, car found Oct 5 on Forest Rd 6 near Williams, she was last seen in Williams, 28 Sep 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Per FB, she is from/hometown is Connecticut and got a master's in social work in 2019 from NYU. She moved to CA in 2020. She posted her receiving a Associate Clinical Social Worker license last November with aspirations to open her own practice in 3-6 years.

So no, I don't think she was planning on moving back to CT, as has been speculated here, unless it was a really last minute change. The main reason is that she'd need to reapply for the social worker license. There is no reciprocity between states. (source) It took at least 1-2 years for her to get the LCSW license in CA (assuming she applied for one right away when moving to CA).

IMO, when she cancelled her flight and decided to drive, she probably didn't intend to make it to CT for the wedding. There's simply no way, especially with her stopping at a few places, she would have made it across the country before the wedding.

I haven’t been through the whole thread yet, so forgive me if this has already been discussed. In the post from LE ([this one]), someone mentioned something in a comment that stuck out to me. I don’t think I can post it here, but if you go to the post and look at the comments under the barefoot photo specifically (not all comments on the post itself) there’s a comment that makes me wonder if CG does have a history of mental health problems… I know I’m being vague I just don’t know how much I can say since it’s a Facebook comment! Someone read the comments and let me know if you get the same vibe re: maybe wilderness therapy as a teen? I can see teen mental health problems getting better and being this type of free spirit type that Chelsea seems to be as an adult. Especially if her younger years were more structured and rigid? JMO & pure speculation, of course. It’s possible she’s just naturally that way. Going to keep reading through, I’ll add more thoughts if I have any.

ETA: added the link I was talking about

I haven’t been through the whole thread yet, so forgive me if this has already been discussed. In the post from LE ([this one]), someone mentioned something in a comment that stuck out to me. I don’t think I can post it here, but if you go to the post and look at the comments under the barefoot photo specifically (not all comments on the post itself) there’s a comment that makes me wonder if CG does have a history of mental health problems… I know I’m being vague I just don’t know how much I can say since it’s a Facebook comment! Someone read the comments and let me know if you get the same vibe re: maybe wilderness therapy as a teen? I can see teen mental health problems getting better and being this type of free spirit type that Chelsea seems to be as an adult. Especially if her younger years were more structured and rigid? JMO & pure speculation, of course. It’s possible she’s just naturally that way. Going to keep reading through, I’ll add more thoughts if I have any.

I know the comment (I think) that you are speaking of. It's concerning

Just adding this for anyone who has not seen, I posted to another group a few days ago..

Chelsea Grimm’s IG reel from 9/6. “Painting prints”, “outline website”, “org. Phx?”, “make gallery names”, “Sell bike” (is that the Suzuki motorcycle in the video or a bicycle?), “deposit $”, “work on Midg./Sandy”, Coverletter 4 book”, “Book flight ‘home’ to nyc”, “I can trust that love will be there. I am loved. I am safe…I am here for every aspect of me that needs healing”, “renew passport", "Chat gptdrsearch*"...
The final sentence on that page, from what I can interpret of it, does give cause for hope: "I am worth[y of? in?] life beyond my wildest imagination!" I think it's "worthy" because it fits with the other stuff, while "worthless" does not. The writings on the page picture someone with a positive, if a bit jumbled, outlook on life.
MOO

Edited to remove an unneeded word

Last edited:

Wow making sense now, especially if you check their philosophy & where she "was" in life in general, before seemingly vanishing....

ETA: also they have job ops...but wouldn't they know she is missing???

For those familiar with the area her car was found in, what types of animals are hunted there? I watched some drone coverage of that area, and saw not a single critter running around, there is little water for them, yet we've heard hunters are all over out there. Just curious.
I read it's a popular area for elk.

Where Chelsea comes from is an area of great wealth. (been through there, to there, many times, and have known quite a few people from the area)
Let me add a little different perspective to this. While there is certainly great wealth in this area, there are a lot of people without great wealth also. Regular people doing regular people jobs. Teachers, nurses, administrative, lots of the trades etc.
It is for sure a HCOL area. I grew up in that area and I have family still living working going to school there so I am in and out frequently.
JMO

How might that factor in to the case, though?
That her parents care about her, and have the means to do so in special ways. That youth institute abroad mentioned upthread was probably not cheap, along with the wilderness therapy. Not a direct factor in the case, maybe, but gave her stability in her life, to let Chelsea be Chelsea.
MOO

Where was the other place, the youth institute you mentioned ??

ETA i see now what you meant, lol u mean the place in montana?..

mesa is close for her less than 3 hrs drive from where she was. (

ETA2 i was thinking how access to those things 'factor in the case' completely different on my goodness perecption yes always interesting.

ETA3 WHERE ARE YOU CHELSEA? WHERE DID YOU GO??? WHERE CAN YOU BE CURRENTLY???

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch
Back