AZ AZ - Chelsea Grimm, 32, traveling from San Diego CA to CT, car found Oct 5 on Forest Rd 6 near Williams, she was last seen in Williams, 28 Sep 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How do you know that no one checked it?
If you listen to Brian Entin’s interview linked above, toward the 13:00 mark he interviews the PI her parents hired and that investigator says he’s working with LE to see if that footage was checked to see if anyone approached her, if she was there, etc. I would assume if it had been checked and cleared he wouldn’t have even mentioned it.

"Chelsea’s sister ... warned Facebook followers that Chelsea’s ex-boyfriend was claiming to be her fiancee and had set up a phony appeal to help with the search."

archive: https://archive.ph/QU13k

Chelsea's mother re Chelsea's bearded dragon:

‘I realize she’s not the only person walking around in Arizona, probably, with a bearded dragon, but there’s probably not a lot of people walking around with their dragons.

‘It often is riding on her shoulder, by the way.’

archive: https://archive.ph/QU13k

Was just thinking about practicalities here. When she decided she was not going to drive east, and instead would camp for a few days, she would need food and water. It appears from what we’ve read or listened to that she had a tent and sleeping bag, but she’d need food and water for a few days in a remote spot or spots. I hope the PI they hired is checking security cams in such establishments on her route to see if they can see if she stopped to stock up on such items. That might give them more clues as to the steps she took. And it has been getting cold there at night. Assuming she was actually in the Ash Forks area. Looks like mid 40s at night on average last few weeks. High during the day in the 80s. That’s cold in just a sleeping bag.

Paxton said on Oct. 4, hunters reported that they found Grimm’s vehicle abandoned on a remote road between Williams and Ash Fork. They said the vehicle had been there since Oct. 3.

“She was upset with a boy she was dating; she was scared of him,” Stephen Grimm said. “We feel like she was running away from him. And I think overall, that was affecting a lot of her mindset.”
It makes me wonder if maybe she at first embarked on the trip thinking - I'll drive, bring as much of my stuff as I can, and maybe once I get there I'll just stay. And then maybe was somehow persuaded to come back? Just PURE speculation.

If you listen to Brian Entin’s interview linked above, toward the 13:00 mark he interviews the PI her parents hired and that investigator says he’s working with LE to see if that footage was checked to see if anyone approached her, if she was there, etc. I would assume if it had been checked and cleared he wouldn’t have even mentioned it.

Investigators always say they're "working with LE" (they can't work against them). LE isn't going to say any more to the PI (in most cases) than to anyone else. In cases where LE does leak things to special interests/paid parties, it compromises the case.

At some point, LE will likely tell the parents and the investigator the answer to their questions - but I don't think a PI speeds it up much.

It's the PI's job to mention it. He needs to keep pressure on. But that doesn't mean that any footage has been checked. And there is of course the possibility that the footage *has* revealed something - which is still unknown to the PI and he wants to know.

IMO. At any rate, LE's are in charge of who gets to see it unless a business owner gives footage directly to the PI (who would hopefully turn everything over to LE in any case). But it doesn't work in the other direction (LE turning anything or everything to PI), At least, IME.

Sounds as if the PI simply doesn't know what any footage shows.

I wonder if she was in contact with someone who decided to come and meet her.

Arizona is not that huge - we can get from one end to the other in less than a day.

I'm now wondering who the "friend" in Phoenix was. I think it took her one day to drive to Phoenix - did she stay with that friend? Was it the mentioned boyfriend? She goes to lunch with this person next day (so is still in Phoenix, has not made forward progress toward the East Coast). Day 3, she skips lunch with this person and apparently texts her parents that she's not going to the wedding, is going to camp in AZ for a couple of days. I believe this is the day she shows up in Williams (which is heading back west, toward home - but again, not a lot of driving that day).

The two flat tires are part of the "unusual" clues in this case. Trying to use Euros in Williams (or was it Seligman?) and then managing to flatten two tires. Most common reason is likely hitting a goodsized, hard (often granite) rock on a dirt road at too high a speed - especially since both tires were on the same side of the car (so hitting the rock did not cause immediately hitting the brakes, the second tire rolled over the same obstacle - presumably not too far from where the car was found).

But when did it happen? She told the woodcutter (who has posted on the FB page that's trying to find her) that she was fine, right?

Forgive me as I forget, it's a busy week but... was the euro exchange sighting a verified sighting? We all know how unreliable witness sightings often are so I have dismissed that as anything significant but if I add it back in as legitimate, well... things change a little bit IMO

Forgive me as I forget, it's a busy week but... was the euro exchange sighting a verified sighting? We all know how unreliable witness sightings often are so I have dismissed that as anything significant but if I add it back in as legitimate, well... things change a little bit IMO
I don't think we have learned that it was a verified sighting. At first I thought they said hotel staff claimed she was trying to exchange euros and then yesterday I read it was another guest who overheard this. But did anyone SEE Euros or was she seeing her US dollars in a fog thinking they were Euros?

As a bearded dragon owner, I am definitely puzzled by the decision to drive to the wedding rather than leave her beardie behind. Bearded dragons need a very controlled environment with proper lighting and humidity. They are very hearty and easy to care for in the right environment, so I often have friends petsit for mine without issue. They can literally go weeks without eating (not that I would ever do that), so just having a friend stop by and give my beardie some fresh salad every couple of days is sufficient. All of the lighting can be on a timer to keep the environment where he needs it to be without any intervention from my petsitter. But being out of his temperature/humidity-controlled enclosure for days would be very bad for him. So it seems like a MUCH worse option for CG to have taken her beardie with her on a road trip than to leave him at home and just have someone feed him every few days while she was away.

As a bearded dragon owner, I am definitely puzzled by the decision to drive to the wedding rather than leave her beardie behind. Bearded dragons need a very controlled environment with proper lighting and humidity. They are very hearty and easy to care for in the right environment, so I often have friends petsit for mine without issue. They can literally go weeks without eating (not that I would ever do that), so just having a friend stop by and give my beardie some fresh salad every couple of days is sufficient. All of the lighting can be on a timer to keep the environment where he needs it to be without any intervention from my petsitter. But being out of his temperature/humidity-controlled enclosure for days would be very bad for him. So it seems like a MUCH worse option for CG to have taken her beardie with her on a road trip than to leave him at home and just have someone feed him every few days while she was away.

Thank you. I'm adding that to my list of "unusual" decisions made by this missing young woman.

It does lend more credibility to the idea that maybe she was intending to leave California and head back home. If it was true that her thinking was clouded by fear of a romantic partner/relationship gone bac, it must have been very frustrating to her that she couldn't fly with the bearded dragon and had only the choice of driving. I do worry about the two of them having taken off without the car, but possibly someone did pick her and the dragon up.

How hard would it be to attend to a bearded dragon in very low humidity, like Arizona? Do they thrive in low humidity? Is the lighting of the heat lamp variety?

IMO.

@JamieLogical -
Your response is much appreciated!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove