Identified! AZ - Coconino Co, 'Valentine Sally' WhtFem 585UFAZ, 14-19, along I-40, Feb'82 -Carolyn Celeste Eaton

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have the urge to learn everything I can about Seasons jeans.

Where was the company registered?
Where were they sold?
How common were they?
How expensive where they?
Would they be something a runaway girl hitchhiking could afford?

I wonder if we could find any 1980's fashion industry experts to help with the sweater.

Edit to add: If you look at the image of the sweater on NCMEC, it looks very clean. If you look at the image of the sweater on the table, it is dirty for obvious reasons. Did they use a similar sweater for the NCMEC image?
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Valentine_Sally_sweater.jpg
    Valentine_Sally_sweater.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 194
  • VSsweater2.jpg
    VSsweater2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 190
According to almanac records from Weather Underground, the temperature ranged from a high of 45 degrees to a low of 33 degrees in Williams, Arizona on February 3, 1982. On February 4, the range was a high of 46 degrees to a low 33 degrees. On February 5, the range was again a high of 46 degrees and a low of 33 degrees.

The middle of the night would be the coldest time in the desert. She would have been out wearing only a sweater in near freezing conditions. No coat was found with the body.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/arras_stacy.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34023/1/

https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/foia/upload/Released-files-for-Stacy-Arras-case.pdf

It's a file of the documents that were (may have been?) released on a FOI request; it indicates that foul play was not ruled out. They also did not rule out that she could have hiked to a road to meet her boyfriend.

The 411 missing dude included her in his last book., and she seems to have been added to Namus shortly after that. She has DNA, so ought to have been picked up automatically if she matched, but she really looks close, doesn't she?

Her Doe Network profile now mentions the hitchhiker.

A Northern Arizona University student said that he picked up a hitchhiker fitting Valentine Sally's description near Cordes Junction on February 2 while traveling north. She told the driver that she was coming from Phoenix, where she was living with friends and working as a dishwasher. Because of some family problems, she had to get to New Jersey, and was planning ot go ot the Little America truck stop when she got to Flagstaff to try and get a ride from a truck driver to the East Coast. It is possible she went to a dentist in the Phoenix area before February 2, 1982.

It wouldn't make any sense that a hitchhiker intending to travel east would be seen west of Flagstaff two days later. If the hair weren't the completely wrong color, I'd suspect the hitchhiker to possibly be Princess Doe.

Her pages say she was buried in a cemetery in Williams. Is it Mountain View Cemetery?

Geez. I wonder if maybe she could have died from accidentally overdosing of pain medication or an allergic reaction from the meds and the dudes that she was with freaked out and dumped her?

If she'd had the root canal prep work done a week before her death, any allergic reactions to the drugs she was given would have happened very quickly when she first took them. An overdose? Maybe.

It seems like there would be some dental office somewhere who would remember a patient coming in for a root canal and not showing up to finish it?

Not necessarily. She might have had emergency treatment from a local dentist on her travels and planned to have the follow-up work done by her usual one or simply another dentist later in her travels without any intention of returning.

I've twice had to seek emergency dental treatment for sudden abcesses or soon-to-be-abcesses while on holiday in other parts of the UK. Neither of those dentists expected to see me again though they provided a contact phone number for my own dentist to contact them if he had any queries.

And if I were to write a mystery I'd begin with the beautiful, sacred, rugged landscape of Coconino, ancestral home of the Anasazi, populated by very few, but there's Williams, scene of two murders, 20> years apart of an older European woman & a young American. Though I can't seem to tell how far the bodies were from each other, in the places where they were found. Although I did earlier suggest some rather shifty road types, there's some even more dodgy lawless types around the state.

And Michael Griffin's (Donnis Redman's boyfriend's) car was found in Williams in 1958.

VitalForces: if Mountain VIew is across from a gas station I believe so. We stopped there for gas on our way back home to Louisiana the the San Joaquin valley & I asked someone in the store if its was the only one in town because it was such an unusual cemetery. I'm one of those haunters of cemeteries & ruins since childhood. Had I known of the story I would have tried to find her grave.

VitalForces: if Mountain VIew is across from a gas station I believe so. We stopped there for gas on our way back home to Louisiana the the San Joaquin valley & I asked someone in the store if its was the only one in town because it was such an unusual cemetery. I'm one of those haunters of cemeteries & ruins since childhood. Had I known of the story I would have tried to find her grave.

It is a very unusual looking cemetery, but I'm from the Midwest and used to them being big fields with trees on the sides. Mountain View has trees interspersed with the graves.

There is no gas station across the street. There is a Shell down the road, but if you were traveling east you would see Shell before the cemetery.

And Michael Griffin's (Donnis Redman's boyfriend's) car was found in Williams in 1958.

There must be something in the water in Williams, as the stepson of the local police chief is under suspicion in the disappearance and presumed murder of local teacher Cathryn Gorospe.

Melmoth & Vital:
An old woman's memory can be contaminated but I remember the cemetery & the 'vibes' (hubs & I are from 1940s...)its in the air & water.

It's an eerie place. If I remember at all correctly, it's at a junction of old 66 & new highway? Not good at links with modern maps even though my minor was geography.

A tweet on this case today.
56980ddc6859704739be236a162c4ea9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I've been studying her clothes looking for any possible clues (images are available on Doe Net and Unidentified Wiki).

The jeans are far more faded on the upper portions than at the legs and that isn't just an effect of the lighting. That would be consistent with sitting in a truck for long periods of time. She was probably not a hitchhiker who recently started traveling.

Valentine's Day may be more than the coincidental day she was discovered. The sweater is red and white - the traditional Valentine's Day colors - and there 14 stripes. Valentine's Day is February 14th. The sweater features could be a coincidence, or it may have been specifically designed to be sold prior to Valentine's Day, and it may have been a recent purchase.

The ruleouts listed on Namus as of 31 March 2018 (https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9864). I'm pretty sure this list is not complete.

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Dorothy Clitheroe 1959 Arizona
Charlotte Kinsey 1968 Oklahoma
Mary Jo Long 1964 California
Dena McHan 1962 California
Eleanor Parker 1962 Louisiana
Eva Ridall 1961 Florida
Diane Webb 1942 Arizona
Amy Yachimec 1968 Arizona
April Zane 1960 Illinois

She has dentals and DNA.

I've been studying her clothes looking for any possible clues (images are available on Doe Net and Unidentified Wiki).

The jeans are far more faded on the upper portions than at the legs and that isn't just an effect of the lighting. That would be consistent with sitting in a truck for long periods of time. She was probably not a hitchhiker who recently started traveling.

Valentine's Day may be more than the coincidental day she was discovered. The sweater is red and white - the traditional Valentine's Day colors - and there 14 stripes. Valentine's Day is February 14th. The sweater features could be a coincidence, or it may have been specifically designed to be sold prior to Valentine's Day, and it may have been a recent purchase.

I'll try to help with the fashion.

First off Seasons jeans were made in Canada and sold in Canada. Couldn't tell you what store, other than they appear very much like "mall" label jeans.

Her open knit acrylic blend boat neck cropped sweater also speaks to me of "mall" clothing.

So if I were to venture a guess, maybe we should be looking north to Canada. Possibly western Canada; BC, Alberta. And also coming from a working class family.

Hope that helps.

I'll try to help with the fashion.

First off Seasons jeans were made in Canada and sold in Canada. Couldn't tell you what store, other than they appear very much like "mall" label jeans.

Her open knit acrylic blend boat neck cropped sweater also speaks to me of "mall" clothing.

So if I were to venture a guess, maybe we should be looking north to Canada. Possibly western Canada; BC, Alberta. And also coming from a working class family.

Hope that helps.

Seasons brand was also sold in parts of the east coast. There's some information earlier in the thread; I think we found ads for them in Maryland or Virginia.

No problem, I didn't mean to sound snippy, just wanted to add information. Looking to Canada for her seems like a good idea.

It's all good carbuff. :loveyou:
Since I'm not familiar with this case really, did Valentine Sally have protruding teeth? The initial sketch made her kind of look like she did.
If she did, this is still a long shot, but...Pamela Harvey from Canada .
https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2014001474&id=1
Missing Dec. 18, 1978
Sudbury, Ont.
23 years old
5' 6"
123 lbs.
Blonde Hair (long)
Brown Eyes
attachment.php

Attachments

• harvey pamela.png
    harvey pamela.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 485