GUILTY AZ - Daniel Rodriguez, 29, fatally shot by Phoenix PD officer, 5 Oct 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes 'cause animals are worth more than humans....

Hope he brings his checkbook in the morning, to pay the fine for killing Junior, Danny apparently was no charge. :(

Most reasonable explanation, seeing how count 1 and count 2 are pretty much inextricably connected.

The State will retry then, or there will be some sort of plea?

Unreal. :facepalm:

bbm

no way RC will ever admit he was wrong,his head is to far up his own self :facepalm:

Maybe the judge thought there would be an uproar from the community tonight had the 1 verdict been read.

I hope Juan can petition for a new judge. He left out evidence that was relevant to Juan's case with no explanation as to why. His bias was quite evident. He should not get to preside over the retrial.

Croakie ‏@croakerqueen 2m Gonna be different: they are going with guilty on the aggravated assault, and are hung on the murder and animal cruelty #RichardChrisman

Yes, this is what I think too. Doesn't make sense to convict him of either charge related to Danny and then acquit him of animal cruelty. Or, maybe they do think the dog was dangerous but Dammy wasn't. And who saw the judge delaying any verdict after all the time it took them to come to this?? I am stunned.

I think meebee and Daisy called the judge and reminded him that he had to give a 5 1/2 hour notice for the verdict to be read. That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it. You all know how persuasive Daisy and MeeBee are! ;)

Kidding of course.

I think if the judge KNOWS which count they're hung on (which I'm sure they do, why wouldn't the foreman write which ones to the judge??), then IMO if judge KNOWS they're hung on 2nd deg murder charge, he should have called them in right now and given them the Allen charge or whatever it's called....that way jury has all night to think about it and think that ok, we have to come back and deliberate some more.....

I can't see how he wouldn't give the Allen charge if it's hung on 2nd degree..........

Most reasonable explanation, seeing how count 1 and count 2 are pretty much inextricably connected.

The State will retry then, or there will be some sort of plea?

Unreal. :facepalm:

It all started going for a plea but RC refused. A 'no jail' plea, at that.

I'm just hoping that the one they decided on wasn't a "not guilty".

I think if the judge KNOWS which count they're hung on (which I'm sure they do, why wouldn't the foreman write which ones to the judge??), then IMO if judge KNOWS they're hung on 2nd deg murder charge, he should have called them in right now and given them the Allen charge or whatever it's called....that way jury has all night to think about it and think that ok, we have to come back and deliberate some more.....

I can't see how he wouldn't give the Allen charge if it's hung on 2nd degree..........

He certainly should, but with the vibe I get from him, he may be satisfied with this.

Totally agree. I think the judge knows it's hung on count 1 and is not going to give them the Allen Charge because...you know. Any other judge would have done so.

Croakie ‏@croakerqueen 2m Gonna be different: they are going with guilty on the aggravated assault, and are hung on the murder and animal cruelty #RichardChrisman

that is also a very logical conclusion......

Just realized the courthouse never sent out any tweet.

Does anyone know if a copy of these instructions are available anywhere?

Boy abc15 lisette just dropped the case and know has come back on it....so glad the Trial Divas were there, if they read here thank u!!!

Thanks u geevee and jewels for posting the tweets!

Lissette Martinez ‏@martinezliss 3s

verdict not read today because defendant, #RichardChrisman lives too far from court, was not going to make it in time @12News

Figured. Is there a time limit on verdict reading? It's like 4:30 comes and everything SHUTS DOWN. It's like these people never heard of over time. And it would have given the judge plenty of time to issue that Allen Charge...

Lissette Martinez ‏@martinezliss 1m verdict not read today because defendant, #RichardChrisman lives too far from court, was not going to make it in time @12News
---

By all means, cannot discomfort him at all, the jury in waiting for him, either.

Lissette Martinez ‏@martinezliss 1m
verdict not read today because defendant, #RichardChrisman lives too far from court, was not going to make it in time @12News

FIGURES.........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo
Back