GUILTY AZ - Daniel Rodriguez, 29, fatally shot by Phoenix PD officer, 5 Oct 2010 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For things to go our way it has to be:

2nd degree - guilty
that means,
animal cruelty - hung
agg. assault - hung

In my gut, I just can't see being hung on agg. assault, but yet unanimous on 2nd degree guilty.

I'm gonna view the charge to the jury again later....that part is on video, correct guys? Did they show it after closings....was so long ago I don't even remember now!!!

I'm gonna view the charge to the jury again later....that part is on video, correct guys? Did they show it after closings....was so long ago I don't even remember now!!!

Yes, I believe the instructions and charges are on video, aa. I'll watch it again when I'm not so bothered.

I'd like to think JM would be able to try it again, but it's up to his boss.

How're you holding up, Jewels?

Even if I don't think it's logical, I'm going to hold onto the notion that maybe they all agreed that a pitbull that had come to the door barking, and then from the hall to the livingroom could be seen as a threat (and once he paralyzed it he was putting it out of its misery by shooting it again), and maybe they didn't think a gun to the temple with the words 'Here's my m.fing warrant' was aggravated assault, but actually shooting and killing Danny was 2nd degree murder.

At least that might allow me to sleep tonight, wondering how wrong it's going to feel when the verdict/hangs are read tomorrow.

John Gilliland ‏@AZRadioNewsGuy 5m Court spokesman confirms to me that #RichardChrisman jury is hung on 2 of the 3 charges...verdict to be read Tuesday at 10am PTExpand

Apparently this guy has some connections?

Yes, I believe the instructions and charges are on video, aa. I'll watch it again when I'm not so bothered.

I'd like to think JM would be able to try it again, but it's up to his boss.

How're you holding up, Jewels?

I have been busy doing other things. I am mad as all get out, that is why I am doing other things. Trying to decide if I even want to listen in the morning. If these juror's are hung on the murder charge then I am giving up on AZ juror's and courts!

There is no way that the judge shouldn't have told Chrisman that he should have been within so many miles of the court house in case a verdict was reached.

Even if I don't think it's logical, I'm going to hold onto the notion that maybe they all agreed that a pitbull that had come to the door barking, and then from the hall to the livingroom could be seen as a threat (and once he paralyzed it he was putting it out of its misery by shooting it again), and maybe they didn't think a gun to the temple with the words 'Here's my m.fing warrant' was aggravated assault, but actually shooting and killing Danny was 2nd degree murder.

At least that might allow me to sleep tonight, wondering how wrong it's going to feel when the verdict/hangs are read tomorrow.

im trying not to think about it,i was bad enough with JA,i thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest.

your logic makes sense,so i am holding on to that.

I have been busy doing other things. I am mad as all get out, that is why I am doing other things. Trying to decide if I even want to listen in the morning. If these juror's are hung on the murder charge then I am giving up on AZ juror's and courts!

There is no way that the judge shouldn't have told Chrisman that he should have been within so many miles of the court house in case a verdict was reached.

I don't blame you, I had to go outside and mess around with the plants for a few minutes just to get my mind off it. Hang in there, we'll get through this too.

How far could he live to not be able to get there in the hour the judge gave both sides to return? And if the jury knew they were hung on 2 at 4:00 their time, they likely knew at 3:00 when there was time for everyone to get there, read it and get out by their drop dead hour of 4 freakin' 30 in the afternoon.

Okay, I feel a teeny tiny bit better. lol

I disagree. Juan doesn't really play by the same rules other prosecutors do. He goes at every case full force. He rarely ever plea bargains. I just can't see him dropping it. It wasn't an acquittal. It was hung. He at least got some jurors to believe him.

I believe Montgomery will give him the go ahead. If he doesn't, LE will feel like they have carte blanc on the streets and they've had many more officer involved shooting this past year than any year so far, in the Maricopa county area.
I just hope, that a plea isn't reached before another trial commences, they get the judge changed. I don't think Mehrans will be around, he's retiring with this case ASAP, like out the door when the verdict is read.

alright guys, see you later! taking a break...gonna maybe re-watch the jury instructions and read the segments Bernina posted later....will post any thoughts I have then....

I was thinking about all this....I think it could be Guilty- Agg. Assault, and Hung - animal cruelty and 2nd degree.

Basically they could think that Chrisman was aggressive in the beginning when he got there, and then things escalated from there but some might think the situation got out-of-control and he didn't mean to kill them.

I have had a bad feeling about this ever since the judge tied JM hands on trying this case. I don't believe this jury wants to convict a white cop for killing a Hispanic drug addict male. I have posted several times IMO they are going to convict DR, who was in his own home, not really bothering anyone except his mom.

I really really hope I am so very very wrong. If I'm correct, shame on this jury. Go to a burn unit. Every single person on this earth is pink underneath. This case has bothered me since it started, not the same way as CMJA, but hopefully my fears will not be realized.

I am not sleeping well tonight. See you all at 10am MST.

Oh and btw, more than likely RC will need Miralax before he makes it to court which will produce the exact results we want.

Zuri, I am also feeling restless. I went over video of Judge's jury instructions, and most of the part where Juan is going over the charges (I think part 3 of his closing on The Tawnidilly- last part of it). I have not watched Mehrens going over instructions again.

I just cannot think of a situation where they would be hung on 2 and yet come back unanimous on one. I would understand more if they were hung on all 3, b/c to me the charges all relate to each other.

So....I'm still trying to figure this out. I took some notes as I was watching - the instructions for the Doctrine of Self-Defense are very complicated.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I have NO CLUE what the jury is gonna come back with. I can't even begin to figure out their thought process right now.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow....

What? Verdict on one count? This is so frustrating!

Bet Juan is not sleeping like a baby tonight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back