AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I've been wondering about the last couple of days ... does anyone know if LE has in fact tried locating the person who originally bought EJ's laptop that she allegedly sold right before skipping town in Arizona? We know she booked a week's stay at the Homegate Hotel in SA, so she did research somewhere online probably for the future trip before she ever left Tempe. Is it possible she did her research (and/or had other important info) on the laptop that she sold before she sold it? Even if she tried to "wipe it" before selling it, there would be still be ways to recover it by LE.

Anyone know?

OK, I am not sure on this at all. But it is a Facebook group not a personal page, so I think I'm okay.
If not, please remove and accept my heartfelt apologies.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2237405149&ref=search&sid=1294585820.3995394382..1

Should I send this to LE? Or is it a sick joke. I can't find out when it was created. I am not facebook smart.

ETA: It's a bit offensive no matter what, really offensive if it in any way concerns the same baby gabe.

Nice researching, but I think this is just another loon looking for attention. jmo

Wow! That's interesting! I don't actually have a MS page (nor will I, LOL) so can't really see a whole lot from there. My Space scares the bejesus out of me compared to FB ... seems like a night/day crowd in many ways and I am definitely in the day crowd, LOL. Facebook just feels much tamer :angel:

You can see it without a page.... there are many really great myspace pages, not necessarily the night crowd, but I just think a lot more of the 'night crowd' ones are public or something.... I've realized there are some pretty shady one's on facebook - like women half dressed that have all male friends. That's all you can tell though.

I agree, but looking at the pic with the med bottle, it looks just like the Tylenol Cold & Flu I have for my little one. If that's the case, an overdose or constant medicating could cause lethargy and fatigue.

Thank you. I guess it's silly of me to think ALL parents are responsible. Enough of anything could make you loopy - especially given to an 8th month old.

:banghead:

Best,

Mel

wow

http://www.domesticviolencehelp.com/testimonials/testimonials-18.html
xxxxx's Story:

We picked this mom and her 3 small children up at the train station. Her ex-husband had basically held them all captive for a short time, with no heat, no food, in a remote area of a neighboring state. At one point, he hit her 4 year old daughter so hard she needed speech therapy afterwards. This mom was very motivated to get as far as possible from this very abusive man. FRS paid for 5 nights in a motel until she could get to the shelter, where she was given a car. She drove across the US to another state, where she is happily living and going to school. She writes: “I needed a change in my life. I needed a new start and a safe place that was different than any other shelter---a place that understood and specialized in security. I want to thank FRS for all their help—their love, hugs, talks…for showing me how to love myself and find joy…and the amazing gift of the car.”

I just sent them an email and asked that they check their records for Elizabeth and Gabriel.

This feels like the calm before the storm! TS isn't really blogging, NG has no breaking news, LE have no updates..... What's up with this?:waitasec:
This is exactly what I've been thinking... it's awfully quiet on the Gabriel front all of a sudden/today.

Nothing from the Smith's, nothing from the authorities, nothing really even from the media.

I've been watching HLN all day, and they aren't even touching on Gabriel's story.

It makes me wonder if something is brewing behind the scenes.

wow

xxxxx's Story:

We picked this mom and her 3 small children up at the train station. Her ex-husband had basically held them all captive for a short time, with no heat, no food, in a remote area of a neighboring state. At one point, he hit her 4 year old daughter so hard she needed speech therapy afterwards. This mom was very motivated to get as far as possible from this very abusive man. FRS paid for 5 nights in a motel until she could get to the shelter, where she was given a car. She drove across the US to another state, where she is happily living and going to school. She writes: “I needed a change in my life. I needed a new start and a safe place that was different than any other shelter---a place that understood and specialized in security. I want to thank FRS for all their help—their love, hugs, talks…for showing me how to love myself and find joy…and the amazing gift of the car.”

Since you posted this, let me tell you MY true story: When my children were still young, we had good friends with children also. Wife took the kids (in ice and snow) to drive 2 hours to visit her mother, who was terminally ill. She never arrived. Husband and friends drove every route looking for them. Nada. Authorities came in and searched by land. Nada. They searched from air with helicopters. Nada. They actually interrupted tv programming to post pics of them and the car. Nada. Three days later we were practically spoon-feeding him 'cause they would surely have died from exposure by then. He nearly died himself when they started dragging the water bodies along the route. Then the phone call came. It was HER...she had a mental breakdown on the way to her mothers house and thought the light in the ceiling of the car was a tracking device, ran away, holed up in a hotel room, and wouldn't let the children call for help.

AT LEAST he knew they were alive at that point. But she didn't reveal where she was. She was gone SIX MONTHS, you guessed it, housed by domestic violence shelters. The children became milk carton kids and Post Office posters. After six months, he called me one morning and asked me to feed his dog because he was on his way to HAWAII. She was on a flight bound there from NEW ZEALAND; her passport had been checked and unknown to her she was being turned over to authorities on arrival.

Unbelievably, in that 6 months she was gone while he did not know if his children were dead or alive, in addition to all over the US, she had spent time in Great Britain, China, Australia, New Zealand, and I don't know for sure where else.

This is a true story. These children are dear friends of mine and my children's to this day. I am very proud of them and have always felt very nurturing toward them. They have both grown up to be beautiful young women, in all ways. :)

So, even tho I had my years of working as an advocate for victims of domestic violence, I also have seen how that system can be USED AND ABUSED by some.

Edited to add: We were all so shocked by her sudden and complete breakdown with no outward warning signs, then we learned there had been much mental illness on both sides of her family. The stress of her mother being in the difficult stage of dying probably factored in putting her 'over the edge".

Something I've been wondering about the last couple of days ... does anyone know if LE has in fact tried locating the person who originally bought EJ's laptop that she allegedly sold right before skipping town in Arizona? We know she booked a week's stay at the Homegate Hotel in SA, so she did research somewhere online probably for the future trip before she ever left Tempe. Is it possible she did her research (and/or had other important info) on the laptop that she sold before she sold it? Even if she tried to "wipe it" before selling it, there would be still be ways to recover it by LE.

Anyone know?

I don't know, but my guess is LE is in search of this, if they don't have the laptop already.

wow

xxxxx's Story:

BBM
I wonder if that is a standard thing for them ---paying for five nights, as reportedly EJ's hotel was paid up front for five nights?

Momtective is on it!

Would LE be able to get information from places like these without a warrant or subpoena or something?

I know this is commentary, but I agree with the commentator .... babysitter has lied about some things. Interesting anyway ...

http://johnhgohdecommentator.wordpress.com/2010/01/20/gabriels-nanny-lies-grace/

What do you think about this:

I mean really, at this point, I would seriously have to question the validity of everything that the babysitter has said on Nancy Grace. Every room at the motel that Tot Mom was staying at had a built in small kitchen of which Analisa has said virtually nothing about even though we have been led to believe that she actually had to prepare one bottle of baby formula from scratch.

I know this is commentary, but I agree with the commentator .... babysitter has lied about some things. Interesting anyway ...

http://johnhgohdecommentator.wordpress.com/2010/01/20/gabriels-nanny-lies-grace/

That was very interesting. I also agree with the commentator. I think the babysitter is clueless with babies.

Did anyone else notice her hair looked different in the second interview....like she had it highlighted and was wearing more makeup, etc. I believe she's eating up the attention....her moment to shine. lol.....JMO

Thank you for your story, OneLove! I remember a movie I watched years ago - true story - about a woman who took off with her very young children just to spite her husband because he said he'd fight for custody if she left him. She told her kids he was dead and with the help of a shelter, was on the run for years.

Anyway, I know there are many, many women who need this sort of help. It is very unfortunate, though, that there is no way to confirm whether the women truly are running from abusive men. I guarantee this has happened waaaayyyy more than we hear about.

This is interesting ... from the Maricopa County Attorney ... listen to what he says at the end of the video, then to what the news reporter "adds" after-the-fact. Seriously wondering if maybe the whole letting the public think GJ might've been murdered by EJ by LE to maybe have the public let their guard down might hold some water. I hope this is the case anyway, because that would mean they truly do believe EJ gave him to someone.

http://www.kpho.com/video/22279597/index.html (video on right)

Nice researching, but I think this is just another loon looking for attention. jmo

Me too YellowSubmarine! She's young, so the excitement of the media attention does not surprise me. As sad as this case is, it's probably brought her more attention than anything else in her life has. Is she exaggerating on some points?..very possibly imho. But I have to imagine that when she agreed to babysit Gabriel that she never in a million years expected him to disappear and have herself thrown into the mix. As has been stated before she can't even remember exactly what day it was. Other than hopefully being able to give some insight into EJ's state of mind and Gabe's condition/appearance/care, for the life of me I am totally missing what she has to do with this case. IDK, are we the only ones that feel that way? :waitasec:

Just asking because pondering minds really want to know :p... does anyone really think this girl has anything whatsoever to do with Gabriels disappearance? If so, how did one arrive at that conclusion? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove