AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent my daughter an IM to ask her if an iPod charger could be used to charge an iPhone. (Her hubby is a Mac expert.) She said yes, but only if the iPod is an iPod Touch. She said an iPod Touch can also access the internet (provided the motel had internet, which it did).

I then proceeded to search the IM screen for the "Thumbs Up" sign to thank her for her post....

The IPOD nano, the ITOUCH and the IPHONE all use the same charger. Just the IPOD shuffle is different I believe. I think it's so they can all be used with the same docks.

You know what bothers me about this 8 month old is that he wasn't sitting up yet or crawling. I find that very unusual. I've had 2 children and of those, I have 6 grandchildren. They were all sitting up on their own long before 8 months if not sitting up AND crawling. Anyone else find that curious?
My daughter sits if someone sits her up, and crawling is still a ways off. So that doesn't strike me as odd. Also, in most cases, kids learn how to do these things earlier if they are worked with. I doubt that EJ was doing anything to help him strengthen his muscles or learn how to move.

I did some vastly unscientific research into the clothes Analisa said EJ was wearing:

I asked my 22 year old son how many girls his age go around Tempe in tight jeans, stiletto heels and shirts that show their tummy?

He said rain or shine, winter or summer that about 75 percent of them seem to dress like that. Now, I don't know if his figure's accurate, or if he just notices them more than I would, lol. But he didn't seem to think EJ's attire was unusual for her age. Skanky, yet, but unusual, no.

No it's not unusual for the age group. I will have to defer on the skanky judgement...or go throw away half my wardrobe real quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudysplace

SORRY...HAD TO REPOST DUE TO NEW THREAD...

I just now phoned the abc affiliate in my city to inquire as to whether my first phone call of this morning was going to air. The newsman was not aware of it, but after some explanation as to what the case was about, he assured me that he would contact GMA to acquire the story!

This morning, CBS ran a story (I was awake) on baby Gabriel. It was a good long story but really didn't touch on what we already know.

I did call my local CBS affiliate to request they do their own story in order to get Gabriels' plight out there. THEY RAN IT TONIGHT!!!!

I also calledl NBC, and left a message with the news director. He never returned my phone call. The news person I did speak with was not aware of the baby Gabriel case, but he listened intently to this old hag and in my opinion, he couldn't wait to get off the phone because he wanted to see the other news broadcasts and run with it. (or get off the phone with this old hag).!

I agree. She said on the phone she was asking "what do I do??" Maybe Tammi stepped her through getting rid of him, passing him off.

I heard the babysitter say "YOU'RE saying I have to come back there?!" The inference being, but you are the one that sent me here. Tammi must have known she was in deep trouble when she found out that Logan had full custody and they had issued a warrant for Elizabeth's arrest. Then she went into damage control by appearing on news shows. I noticed that Nancy didn't have respect in her voice or concern for the "POI"s. I hope she will address her change of opinion of them in some way other than that.

Anyone can walk into say.. Best Buy or even a Grocery Store.. and buy a "No Contract (Prepaid) Mobile Phones" with a number that gets activated at the store. You do not need credit. All you need is some money to pay for minutes to be used in advance.

Like these....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...honeOfficeSP&sp=+brand+skuid&usc=abcat0800000

Thanks for that information. So you don't have to show ID to get a phone number for that phone? Anyone can just buy a pay as you go phone, with a number, without any identification? And no one can ever trace that phone activity or who the phone number belongs to? That's kind of a scary thought. I had no idea. :waitasec:

Sorry, just checking in having not read through this thread...yet. But..

Dear Pondering Mind, you probably at least washed/rinsed the bottles with HOT water, dishsoap and a bottle brush put on a clean towel or rack, right? Just wondering the condition of that motel room and the temp of the water and what she used to clean out the one bottle she had.

I hate to tell you this, because it horrifies me, who did, indeed, sterilize the nipples of my kids bottles, but I have a daughter (step-daughter), who is neglectful, I've mentioned her before. Anyway, her last two kids each had ONE bottle. This bottle did not GET WASHED...it got rinsed, if that. There were many occasions, when they were here, I would open it....the smell was worse than anything you can imagine. The nipple was gummy, and dirty and stinky, with chunks stuck to it.

My point is, if EJ was neglectful to begin with, why would it surprise anybody that she wouldn't be worried about a clean bottle?

Thanks for that information. So you don't have to show ID to get a phone number for that phone? Anyone can just buy a pay as you go phone, with a number, without any identification? And no one can ever trace that phone activity or who the phone number belongs to? That's kind of a scary thought. I had no idea. :waitasec:

Here in MI, you just look for the window signs in most convenience stores, run in, pay $15 for a phone and a card, run out to the pay phone, call the number, activate the phone, put the minutes on it and you're good. Totally untraceable. They are true throw away phones. If you decide to keep it, you just buy another card, and add more minutes.

The exception to the untraceable part is if someone uses a credit card to buy the card or the phone.

You betcha. I have had to stand in line with a bottle of coke for this transaction. Pitiful.

The IPOD nano, the ITOUCH and the IPHONE all use the same charger. Just the IPOD shuffle is different I believe. I think it's so they can all be used with the same docks.

Daughter's hubby just got home. Says you are right.

My daughter was also helping me brainstorm a bit, and we wonder if this iPod was likely to be just a cheap one, rather than one with internet capability. Would EJ have tossed away an iPhone or iTouch, given how expensive they are?

No it's not unusual for the age group. I will have to defer on the skanky judgement...or go throw away half my wardrobe real quick.

Oops, I didn't mean to imply that anyone wearing those clothes was a *advertiser censored*, sorry if my son's comment offended anyone.

Yu can actually get a cheapo for 20 bucks at family dollar or dollar general. Just pay at the register. I'm sure the minutes are outragous.

I heard the babysitter say "YOU'RE saying I have to come back there?!" The inference being, but you are the one that sent me here. Tammi must have known she was in deep trouble when she found out that Logan had full custody and they had issued a warrant for Elizabeth's arrest. Then she went into damage control by appearing on news shows. I noticed that Nancy didn't have respect in her voice or concern for the "POI"s. I hope she will address her change of opinion of them in some way other than that.

Maybe when she realizes she's been "duped"? After all, that's a long ways from her statement "all these people were trying to do was love this baby".

I have a TracFone. They are available at Kmart, WalMart, etc. No ID required. The phone itself had to be activated over the internet, and I add minutes by buying cards and entering the pin number directly into the phone. (This can also be done over the internet.) The phone itself was $29.99, but there are even cheaper models.

The minutes are outrageous if you buy a 60-minute card, but grow more reasonable with the 120-minute card (and up). My phone also has double minutes for life. So it is actually not very expensive - and the reception is great.

Here in MI, you just look for the window signs in most convenience stores, run in, pay $15 for a phone and a card, run out to the pay phone, call the number, activate the phone, put the minutes on it and you're good. Totally untraceable. They are true throw away phones. If you decide to keep it, you just buy another card, and add more minutes.

The exception to the untraceable part is if someone uses a credit card to buy the card or the phone.

But these phones still hit cell towers, right? If a person uses one to make a call to another cell phone, won't the towers pick up the number, on that person's phone records? Is there any way to trace that number to at least the type of phone it is? Maybe?

You know what bothers me about this 8 month old is that he wasn't sitting up yet or crawling. I find that very unusual. I've had 2 children and of those, I have 6 grandchildren. They were all sitting up on their own long before 8 months if not sitting up AND crawling. Anyone else find that curious?

See my post above about my step-daughter. One of her children had failure to thrive, and yes, he was behind on sitting, crawling, walking and talking. Her other on was also behind, but he atleast gained weight, only because she figured out to put cereal in each bottle he had. The other one was fed few and far between. It was witnessed by my m-i-law @ a holiday that she didn't even give him a bottle for 7 hours. It was busy, with lots of people over, and when she realized it, she of course, called her out on it and made her feed him. Another time her sister was sitting, and there was no baby food in the diaper bag, for overnight.

EJ does remind me of this daughter, just disinterested, and could really care less, the kids are just a nuisance to them.

Oops, I didn't mean to imply that anyone wearing those clothes was a *advertiser censored*, sorry if my son's comment offended anyone.

Nope, not at all. I joke about my stripper boots. I don't doubt that no matter how the outfit started, EJ could have skankified it. I just can't comment on that part in case someone looks up the stripper boots post...takes a lot more than that to offend me. :woohoo:
You're fine.

Yes, you can do this or could. I bought one at Walmart a couple of years ago and a $20 minute card there. If you buy it with cash, no one would know who purchased it or is using it.

I have bet a bucket full here that the Smiths will be arrested before or prior to EJ's preliminary hearing set at 8:30 am (Phonenix time). As the NG show tonight revealed, the Smiths are involved more than my little bucket full.

I still stand by my word. The Smiths will be arrested for conspiracy. The sooner the better. Tammi cannot be without a computer or newsperson to comfort her. Just a little 8x7 ft. cement block with no covers.

IMO, it is where she belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member