AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Former FBI agent Steve Moore tells us that he thinks a connection is likely, adding that the vast majority of assaults and abductions are committed by someone who knows the victim. And the odds of two random acts of this nature taking place only miles apart are astronomical.

As of now, investigators say they have not found any connection and they think the incidents are most likely unrelated -- but they are investigating further.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/05/01/hfr-search-isabel-celis?hpt=hp_bn15

So... which is it?

Two different people, two different statements/opinions. Not uncommon. I assume this former FBI agent is not involved in the investigation.

The pressor is in Espanol right now.

I think I missed the first half?

From the press conference: They anticipate bringing her home safely.

They have encouraging leads they are following...

Sounds encouraging...

IMO, most important statement from the presser (of which I missed a few minutes): "we do anticipate to bring Isa home safely".

Next presser: tomorrow at 2pm

What about the surveillance tape?

Nothing we can share right now, there are additional tapes we are reviewing.

End of pressor.

Hi. Can someone provide the source staying that SC and RC took polys? All I remember hearing was LE saying that polys were SOP, but never directly answered whether the parents had been given one.

In fact, IIRC, it was said that it wasn't certain whether they had taken one or not.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the press conference: They anticipate bringing her home safely.

Sounds encouraging...

I guess it is something that they aren't calling this a "recovery". Then again...they are so vague.

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Tucson Police confirmed today that the parents of a missing 6-year-old girl took polygraph tests early in the investigation.

Sgt. Maria Hawke said at a press conference today, "It is accurate that the parents have done polygraph tests," but those results will not be shared.

Police continue their search Isabel, who was reported missing on April 21.
Her parents appeared on NBC's "Today" show this morning and voiced frustration that their daughter still hasn't been found, Hawke said.

She said she understands the parents' frustration, but the police are doing all they can in the search for Isabel.

Hawke said the police have no specific information about whether a ransom has been demanded.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18115892/tpd-parent-have-taken-polygraph-test

I really, really want to believe the parents are innocent. I don't want another child dying at the hands of the people supposed to be protecting them, and if a stranger took Isabel then there is still a chance she is alive.

That being said, the main thing that throws up flags for me is how the family said LE was focusing on them. It made it seem to me that LE really is focusing on them a little more than is routine. They really didn't talk about any sort of parallel investigating going on (and all I have to go on is what hey say/don't say). Also, there was no real denial, by either of them. That doesn't necessarily throw up flags, but it is interesting.

Them focusing on the family doesn't mean much to me... unless I see some evidence they were involved.
After Riley Fox, I always hesitate when the only evidence is that LE is focusing on them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/16/riley-fox-murder-killer-l_n_614239.html

There was so much pointing away from Riley's father... yet they charged him. Totally missed/ignored the other evidence.
A shoe with the killers name on it, the killer acting weird, the break in down the street... Didn't find Riley's clothes or the crime scene.
If there hadn't been DNA on Riley to clear her father... what would have happened then?

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/riley-fox-parents-speak-scott-eby-charged-murder/story?id=10878773&page=2

I generally look at parents and try to think of who they remind me of.
The closest I could come up with for Sergio and Becky was Kaine and Desiree.

She got emotional talking about her child.
He got angry talking about the situation.

I still don't have any strong feeling that they are involved... and unless they find a body with DNA on it... it'd be hard for me to believe it.

Disclaimer: For once in my life I did not even try to catch up before posting... this is the first time I've gotten a page to load today at all.
So I am sorry if someone already posted this.
:please:

FrayedKnot, if you can find the transcript for this morning's Today Show, Police Chief Villasenor appeared after BC and SC. That is when the info regarding the LDT was stated.

Yet...IMO, they do not know where Isa is (or are pretending). They continue to ask for tips from the public, even if the tips only turn out to exclude an area or person. Paraphrased....

Also, questions about the reward money and whether any ransom has come in, etc etc.

Them focusing on the family doesn't mean much to me... unless I see some evidence they were involved.
After Riley Fox, I always hesitate when the only evidence is that LE is focusing on them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/16/riley-fox-murder-killer-l_n_614239.html

There was so much pointing away from Riley's father... yet they charged him. Totally missed/ignored the other evidence.
A shoe with the killers name on it, the killer acting weird, the break in down the street... Didn't find Riley's clothes or the crime scene.
If there hadn't been DNA on Riley to clear her father... what would have happened then?

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/riley-fox-parents-speak-scott-eby-charged-murder/story?id=10878773&page=2

I generally look at parents and try to think of who they remind me of.
The closest I could come up with for Sergio and Becky was Kaine and Desiree.

She got emotional talking about her child.
He got angry talking about the situation.

I still don't have any strong feeling that they are involved... and unless they find a body with DNA on it... it'd be hard for me to believe it.

Disclaimer: For once in my life I did not even try to catch up before posting... this is the first time I've gotten a page to load today at all.
So I am sorry if someone already posted this.
:please:

I agree with what you say, that is why I am not accusing the family, these are just things I notice. I also try and have faith in LE 100% until I see otherwise - they have the info, so if this is what they are focusing on there is reason. Hopefully they are running all different scenarios - we just haven't seen that yet.

Apologies for not transcribing...I came into it late...this LE spokesperson talked so fast...and as usual (for me), the reporters' questions could not be heard clearly if at all (/rant)...when will the news stations ever learn to mic the reporter pool area or reporters?!?!? /2nd rant :angel:

:seeya: Thank You for the link and update ...

snipped from above link :

Sgt. Maria Hawke said at a press conference today, "It is accurate that the parents have done polygraph tests," but those results will not be shared.

Now, this is JMO and MOO ... but IF they "passed" the poly's, why can't LE just say so ?

By not doing so, leads to speculation ... and further speculation ...

So ... when LE does NOT reveal any "passed" results ...

JMO and MOO, there is a "reason" for it because I do not see how saying that they passed would in any way compromise the investigation ...

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member