AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from a trip to SAFEWAY on Broadway and Camino Seco and about a block East in the BERKSHIRE VILLAGE shopping center parking lot which is EMPTY at this hour and all the businesses closed, and there is a literal SWARM of TPD cars and officers there, at least 30 squad cars and a SWAT mobile, something very big happening in that parking lot I wonder if they caught the Perv, just a guess but that isnt too far from the area where the 3 girls were harmed, its about 4 miles away from there, but yea at least 30 squad cars there and a swat team I couldnt get close enough, I told them I was media and they said to this wasnt the time for that and to move along. WOW anyone see any scanner activity about this, its happening NOW I just drove by there 5 minutes ago tops. Fill me in if you scanners here anything.

Paximus - any updates on this? TIA

Thank God I've never been in such a sad situation but I would think exhibiting some tension is normal. Sometimes couples blame the other for what happened. The "you should have watched her" or "you should have done this" or that. The coulda, shoulda, woulda is a killer. Hopefully, with family support and their faith, they can overcome this together.

Sadly, many couples after a tragedy don't and drift apart. :(

What was your opinion of them may I ask? Everyone else chime in too.

I thought they came across as completely drained and heartbroken. I think what some people are finding (or found in their one previous public statement) "hinky" with the dad is just that he has a very emotional way of speaking, but to me it doesn't sound hinky, or forced. I think it's just his personality.

I found both of them very sincere, and you could hear the voices of both of them break at times while they were talking. Very sad. :(

I am getting a recap of the interview on here as I have not watched it. But it seems interesting that the mom and dad did not come out and say that they passed the poly even though they did make a comment that LE is putting attention on them.

Often, LE will not tell you if you have passed an poly. Or, they will basically lie and tell you that you've failed, just to see how you react or if your story changes. I don't think this is significant.

Does the following mean Sergio didn't put her to bed? It sounds that way to me.

Reporter- " what do you remember about the last time you saw her, sergio ?"
Sergio- " just that sweet little face . just that sweet little face . she had just gotten her hair done. it was just before she went to bed. she had a baseball game early the next morning. and becky braided her hair up. so she was going to be ready for early morning . and i was asking her if she was hungry. and she just had that little sleepy look as she was walking by. and she just said, "no, daddy. i'm tired." she was just walking by."

I thought they looked tired, beaten down, the father asking "Why? Why would they target Isabel? To whoever has her...just look her..her beautiful face..she should be home.." (not verbatim but I think I'm pretty close.)
They looked almost numb, Mom more controlled than Dad.
I felt horrible for them.

Random thought, but last night while seeing the family being brought into the house through the garage, I thought I saw marks from fingerprint testing on the door leading inside from the garage. While I can see all of the doors being swabbed for fingerprints in a crime scene like this, I just think about how many sets of fingerprints would be on any given door in my house. Does LE typically dust for fingerprints on every door of the house? I'm just wondering if any anger being picked up from mom towards dad might be because the garage was left open that night by mistake? I know that my husband mistakenly left our garage open once and I was a little mad, I can't imagine if something happened to one of our kids because of it.

I also think SC was maybe starting to "ramble" a bit and BC was just basically wanting him to cut to the chase, so maybe that was why any attitude was being picked up on.

Honestly, I thought that they did a great job! They were articulate, composed, but at the same time I could see their grief and how much the love Isa and want to see her come home to them.

Does the following mean Sergio didn't put her to bed? It sounds that way to me.

Reporter- " what do you remember about the last time you saw her, sergio ?"
Sergio- " just that sweet little face . just that sweet little face . she had just gotten her hair done. it was just before she went to bed. she had a baseball game early the next morning. and becky braided her hair up. so she was going to be ready for early morning . and i was asking her if she was hungry. and she just had that little sleepy look as she was walking by. and she just said, "no, daddy. i'm tired." she was just walking by."

When it's a six year old putting her to bed may be as simple as telling her to go and brush her teeth and she does the rest herself.

I thought I saw some tension too. Re-watching the video now. Here are my thoughts:

- Dad looks forced. Mom smiles, and even gives a little laugh when talking about Isabel - which is completely normal when grieving. Her mind can still see the good things, the funny things Isabel used to do.

- When dad is asked about the last time he saw Isabel, moms face very subtly goes from sad, to almost sad/angry. There seems to be the tiniest bit of anger.

- Dad: "She is, she IS so full of life" Almost like he was correcting himself, but he had nothing to correct.

- When asked about the scrutiny dads face goes completely blank - no emotion.

- When Ann asked dad about people suggesting his involvement, mom gets that hint of anger again. I almost expected her to shake her head, but she sits very still, deep breaths.

- Dads explanation for LE keeping them at bay was that they can't bring them false hope. That seemed so weird to me.

- When dad says he feels like they are wasting time with them, mom doesn't look angry. I would almost expect her to be angry if she thinks LE is wasting their time.

These are just my thoughts.

I picked up on all of your comments as well. I'm not ready to say I suspect him of anything though. To me, it looks like they are both living in hell and are slowly dying inside. It could be they are so disconnected with each other just because of their pain. Numb.

Random thought, but last night while seeing the family being brought into the house through the garage, I thought I saw marks from fingerprint testing on the door leading inside from the garage. While I can see all of the doors being swabbed for fingerprints in a crime scene like this, I just think about how many sets of fingerprints would be on any given door in my house. Does LE typically dust for fingerprints on every door of the house? I'm just wondering if any anger being picked up from mom towards dad might be because the garage was left open that night by mistake? I know that my husband mistakenly left our garage open once and I was a little mad, I can't imagine if something happened to one of our kids because of it.

I also think SC was maybe starting to "ramble" a bit and BC was just basically wanting him to cut to the chase, so maybe that was why any attitude was being picked up on.

Honestly, I thought that they did a great job! They were articulate, composed, but at the same time I could see their grief and how much the love Isa and want to see her come home to them.

What video or picture did you see this?

BBM- LE stated only immediate family was there that night? I have not seen that-I have seen them specifically not comment on that.

It was in one of the pressers. I will find it, and report back.

During the interview today, it looked like they were holding each other's hand very tightly.

Paximus - any updates on this? TIA

I have not heard anything wrt to the swarm of police at 2 am this morning at an east side shopping center but I have not seen so many cops in one place along with swat team since Gabby was shot, there was something going on, I will continue to try and find out.

Former FBI agent Steve Moore tells us that he thinks a connection is likely, adding that the vast majority of assaults and abductions are committed by someone who knows the victim. And the odds of two random acts of this nature taking place only miles apart are astronomical.

As of now, investigators say they have not found any connection and they think the incidents are most likely unrelated -- but they are investigating further.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/05/01/hfr-search-isabel-celis?hpt=hp_bn15

So... which is it?

I thought I saw some tension too. Re-watching the video now. Here are my thoughts:

- Dad looks forced. Mom smiles, and even gives a little laugh when talking about Isabel - which is completely normal when grieving. Her mind can still see the good things, the funny things Isabel used to do.

- When dad is asked about the last time he saw Isabel, moms face very subtly goes from sad, to almost sad/angry. There seems to be the tiniest bit of anger.

- Dad: "She is, she IS so full of life" Almost like he was correcting himself, but he had nothing to correct.

- When asked about the scrutiny dads face goes completely blank - no emotion.

- When Ann asked dad about people suggesting his involvement, mom gets that hint of anger again. I almost expected her to shake her head, but she sits very still, deep breaths.

- Dads explanation for LE keeping them at bay was that they can't bring them false hope. That seemed so weird to me.

- When dad says he feels like they are wasting time with them, mom doesn't look angry. I would almost expect her to be angry if she thinks LE is wasting their time.

These are just my thoughts.
Thank you for this Lava!

What was your opinion of them may I ask? Everyone else chime in too.

Since you asked, the mother seems resolute but hopeful. She appears to love and miss her daughter. She seems that she will do whatever it takes to get her back.

Father, when asked what he had to say about people's speculation regarding his possible involvement in this, says something like "I wish I knew what to think, I wish I knew why this had to happen". He never offers a denial. (I have no involvement in Isa's disappearance, or I didn't do it) I would feel a lot better had he given a denial. I would also have felt a lot better had he answered the questions that were actually asked, rather than offering emotional answers that did not address what was asked.

When father says Isa is, IS, (emphasis emphatically on is) it makes me wonder if he has been coached to not say "was".

Mother seems to have true sadness and worry (but strength) both on her face and in her voice. Father's is different, and not what I would expect at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katyb