AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't find it odd at all that they didn't mention taking the LDT. Ann Curry didn't bring it up; I may have felt more suspicious if they were adamantly defending themselves when the interview wasn't accusatory.

:moo:

If they did not bring it up and AC did not ask, how did it come up? Have not seen video yet...

Since you asked, the mother seems resolute but hopeful. She appears to love and miss her daughter. She seems that she will do whatever it takes to get her back.

Father, when asked what he had to say about people's speculation regarding his possible involvement in this, says something like "I wish I knew what to think, I wish I knew why this had to happen". He never offers a denial. (I have no involvement in Isa's disappearance, or I didn't do it) I would feel a lot better had he given a denial. I would also have felt a lot better had he answered the questions that were actually asked, rather than offering emotional answers that did not address what was asked.

When father says Isa is, IS, (emphasis emphatically on is) it makes me wonder if he has been coached to not say "was".

Mother seems to have true sadness and worry (but strength) both on her face and in her voice. Father's is different, and not what I would expect at this time.

Both of them brought me to tears again.

I see both of them as genuinely loving Isa with all their hearts and souls. I see enormous pain and suffering.

I was married to a Hispanic man for many years. When it came to our children he would get very emotional if any of our children were sick or even if they got a boo boo when they accidentally fell. He went all to pieces.

He was totally distraught, and even though at times, I was like jelly inside, due to worry myself, I had to be the strong one outwardly.

So Sergio's emotional responses are very normal for me to see and I can see myself in Becky.

IMO

If they did not bring it up and AC did not ask, how did it come up? Have not seen video yet...

They had an interview with police chief Villesenor and he mentioned it. He also said they may ask others to take LDTs.

These parents just look heartbroken to me.....and I want to say it here and now......I was very guilty of looking at Mark Lunsford, Mark Klaus at the time and thinking wow they are guilty!! You all know how that turned out....so now I find myself going to the other extreme of holding out for the parents completely....of course I did not have internet during those horrible times for Lunsford and Klaus but still......I have never gotten over that I felt that about these two tortured men.

Isabelle we are praying for you!!!!!

What was your opinion of them may I ask? Everyone else chime in too.

I watched but no sound for now. As soon as my boss leaves, I'll listen.

I'm not a body language expert but nothing stood out that made me think they're involved. They look sad, overwhelmed, exhausted and worried sick.

How about you?

I will just post this even though I can't get to page 9 get
I did not find Sergio's answers off at all, I don't think he came out and denied anything because he knows he didn't, maybe it did not even occur to him to say that? I don't know if I would have.
Also I don't think it's strange that they said "our baby", although I did think they said her name. If it was me I would probably be saying "my little girl" because she's my little girl- I can't imagine the pressure they were under. I think Sergio feels LE is wasting time looking at them, understandable.
No red flags for me at all.

I thought I also heard the police say she was "tucked" into bed. The media release from the TPD says she was last seen "in the residence, preparing to go to bed." I do not know how to link it.

Well, for some reason, LE has specifically said 'no comment' when asked who put her to bed, or who was at the house that night, saying it's part of the investigation. Probably a very important part, since it was the last time anyone saw her.

I've never thought either parent did anything to Isabel...or even know who did. But I do think it is someone close to her or who had been in the home.

I also feel that unless it is (someone close to her) we may never know.

I thought I also heard the police say she was "tucked" into bed. The media release from the TPD says she was last seen "in the residence, preparing to go to bed." I do not know how to link it.

BBM

Here you go

TPD Press Release from 4/21/12

Yes, and the pressers have said "tucked in" but they have also said they are not providing specific details all along.

What I see via facebook about the cousin/uncle. He has a facebook page, two pics with women in his photos. One looks to be a model from a site or something? His info page has him looking for women The other a staged photo with 2 pro cheerleaders at a game. The rest are of dogs, him, trips etc..He likes to travel (going to Mt. Lemmon is a short trip out here, maybe 30 miles to the top? Rocky Point 3 hours?), he lived in Fl, moved to Tucson last year. He claimed on his facebook he loved being an uncle on a picture he posted with what appears to be Isabel, maybe a brother, not sure about who the woman is. He has criminal arrests in Fl & AZ. Anywhere else? TX? He's 33 years old? Maybe he's been burned in a relationship as I see no real close women in his life. I remember 33...

That's as fair as I can be without posting rumors from NG or the internet.

Dr Know, I had the exact same impression after looking at his FB as you. I have never seen his interview, or thought one way or the other about him.

Both of them brought me to tears again.

I see both of them as genuinely loving Isa with all their hearts and souls. I see enormous pain and suffering.

I was married to a Hispanic man for many years. When it came to our children he would get very emotional if any of our children were sick or even if they got a boo boo when they accidentally fell. He went all to pieces.

He was totally distraught, and even though at times, I was like jelly inside, due to worry myself, I had to be the strong one outwardly.

So Sergio's emotional responses are very normal for me to see and I can see myself in Becky.

IMO

You know this makes sense to me. My mother was married to my step-dad for 20 years and he is hispanic. He was always the more tender of the two. He used to cry over my brother (who has asperger's) when we were little kids, and he was the one who did the laundry and would make us pancakes in the morning. My mom was always the boss in the relationship.

They looked sedated to me (rightfully so). They looked genuinely upset. Like they were cycling through the stages of grief over and over and quickly. The looked lost, confused, and angry that this happened to them. I believe them now, whereas before I was on the fence.

I think for us here, we almost want the parents to be guilty, otherwise the alternative is, that some stranger can just as likely walk into OUR houses and take our most beloved family members (our precious children) right out from under our noses.

Also, I thought the video of little Isa was absolutely precious and heartbreaking all in one. She is a beautiful child and unfortunately I think that is why she was taken. Someone with an unhealthy disgusting predilection for children saw her, wanted her for himself and basically stopped at nothing to get what he desired. I hope he rots in hell. I hope he is caught. I hope it is not too late and this little girl is returned to the people that obviously love her.

JMOO, but I think her brothers had absolutely NOTHING to do with this! I wish people wouldn't discuss that. I have a 14yo ds and he isn't even thinking along those lines yet. Yes, I know it can happen, but I really do not think this is the case here. :moo::moo:

I did not find Sergio's answers off at all, I don't think he came out and denied anything because he knows he didn't, maybe it did not even occur to him to say that? I don't know if I would have.
Also I don't think it's strange that they said "our baby", although I did think they said her name. If it was me I would probably be saying "my little girl" because she's my little girl- I can't imagine the pressure they were under. I think Sergio feels LE is wasting time looking at them, understandable.

OT Since WS has had issues in the last three days, I have found that the arrow to the right of the page numbers is the best way to get to a page, rather than click on the page number itself. I have to refresh the current page that I am on first after posting to see the arrow. I hope that helps.

Agree. Reversed my earlier impressions of them.

I am having trouble finding the presser that mentioned that immediate family were in the home that night, but consider that if the cousin/uncle was there, or anyone else for that matter, LE would have "hauled" those others into the home yesterday, too?
I do know that it was a presser early on, within the first 4 or 5 days.

The only part of the interview that seemed a bit off was the discussion of dad's last time seeing Isa. He shook his head "no" during that answer. He shook his head yes and no throughout the whole interview, but that time he shook his head no and it stood out. I don't have an issue with Isa going to bed on her own; however, it seems strange to ask a six year old if she wanted something to eat at 11 pm, rather than ask if she wanted a bedtime story, or to be tucked in.

That is the only part of the interview that seemed odd to me. Perhaps he is feeling guilty he did not see her to bed.

I am catching up and quoting from a few pages back, forgive me if this lands somewhere off topic.
Asking if she is hungry at 11 or close to 11 seems normal to me, they had been at a baseball game, maybe only had snack food there, probably an early dinner if a real dinner at all.. With my daughters and their events and schedules, I have offered them weekend late night snacks, my husband comes home late from work so if he and I are eating something late I will offer some to my girls if they are up... Maybe after mommy fixed her hair and she "walked by" dad, he was standing at the fridge so he asked if she was hungry... I see no strangeness at all.

Regarding calling her "she, her" and not by name... When you have a child or family member with a Spanish - pronounced name, it is hard to speak English and say their name in spanish and not stumble. One of my girls has an english name and one a spanish name, and when my mouth forms the Spanish name , it's like my brain takes over and wants to keep the remaining part of the sentence in Spanish, and i stumble over it (same with my husbands name and saying my own out loud ) sounds silly but if she talks about Isabel at work a lot and has this same bilingual stumble problem, she might just be used to saying "she or her". I noticed that stumble from RC at the first Press conference she did and even commented to my husband, "she does what I do when I say (daughters name) in an english sentence...
The brain compartmentalizes language in a special way, that is how kids can learn 2 languages at the same time when they are young, and it is automatic to want to switch to a second language when you enter a word from it into a first language sentence.

All I see is two parents desperately wanting their child back. I hope that with them speaking out, that some credible tips are generated. I pray for whoever took her to open their heart and drop her off somewhere or if God forbid she is no longer with us, that person turns themselves in.

I know a lot of it is wishful thinking, but that is all I'm feeling right now. My heart breaks for Isa, Sergio, Becky, and the boys.

I am catching up and quoting from a few pages back, forgive me if this lands somewhere off topic.
Asking if she is hungry at 11 or close to 11 seems normal to me, they had been at a baseball game, maybe only had snack food there, probably an early dinner if a real dinner at all.. With my daughters and their events and schedules, I have offered them weekend late night snacks, my husband comes home late from work so if he and I are eating something late I will offer some to my girls if they are up... Maybe after mommy fixed her hair and she "walked by" dad, he was standing at the fridge so he asked if she was hungry... I see no strangeness at all.

Regarding calling her "she, her" and not by name... When you have a child or family member with a Spanish - pronounced name, it is hard to speak English and say their name in spanish and not stumble. One of my girls has an english name and one a spanish name, and when my mouth forms the Spanish name , it's like my brain takes over and wants to keep the remaining part of the sentence in Spanish, and i stumble over it (same with my husbands name and saying my own out loud ) sounds silly but if she talks about Isabel at work a lot and has this same bilingual stumble problem, she might just be used to saying "she or her". I noticed that stumble from RC at the first Press conference she did and even commented to my husband, "she does what I do when I say (daughters name) in an english sentence...

Heck, I speak only English, but many times I run through several names before I hit the right one, lol!! Sometimes, I even mix my two kids names together if I am really distracted or upset. Depression and anxiety cause big-time brain fog.

I agree with you about the late snack thing. My daughter every night has to have a snack and a cup of sleepytime tea with honey and lemon when she goes to bed and she is 10. Sometimes, she doesn't like to wear her pj's either. She has always been headstrong about picking her own clothes. She is a girly-girl like they say Isa is too. The only thing that is different over here is she HAS to have me tuck her in, straighten out her blankets, and kiss her goodnight (even if we have been fighting) Thank goodness!! she is that way....

Was mom definately at the baseball game ?

LE has never verified that the window was a point of entry. I wonder if the front door was left unlocked when the family went to the baseball game ? MOO

Wonder if someone came into the house while they were out ? And was waiting in the house ? It sounds as if it is possible that no one else but Isabel went into her room when she went to bed. Because : Mom went to bed before Isabel.Dad last saw Isabel as she was walking by him on her way to her room ? MOO

The baseball game ended at 9pm. Sergio helped clean up after the game. I wonder if it could be possible that the screen was already off the window when the family got home.It was late,and they were tired. Wonder if,in the darkness, they missed seeing the screen was off ? MOO

If someone did come in, they had to be nearby.Watching the movements of the family. MOO

Since you asked, the mother seems resolute but hopeful. She appears to love and miss her daughter. She seems that she will do whatever it takes to get her back.

Father, when asked what he had to say about people's speculation regarding his possible involvement in this, says something like "I wish I knew what to think, I wish I knew why this had to happen". He never offers a denial. (I have no involvement in Isa's disappearance, or I didn't do it) I would feel a lot better had he given a denial. I would also have felt a lot better had he answered the questions that were actually asked, rather than offering emotional answers that did not address what was asked.

When father says Isa is, IS, (emphasis emphatically on is) it makes me wonder if he has been coached to not say "was".

Mother seems to have true sadness and worry (but strength) both on her face and in her voice. Father's is different, and not what I would expect at this time.

MMM - I agree... when I first saw their first plea, the camera angle was from the side, and I felt it was genuine on both their parts...BUT then saw the same interview w/camera angle from the FRONT and I have to say, I saw shades of Susan Smith's plea in 1994 with the dad... closed eyes....quickly choking up but recovering in a millisecond... but I STILL felt the mom's reaction was genuine.

After today's interviews; same thing...mom seems genuine but something doesn't sit right about the dad.... and I agree about his STRONG SELF-CORRECTION about the 'is IS'... something about that was weird.

I pray for Isa every day that she is found safe somewhere in Mexico and brought safely and quickly back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katyb