AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see them being questioned seperately, at the family home, in the middle of the day, with media present and anyone walking past knowing what has happened at that home, a total set up. Makes me think the police are on to someone and they are finishing up with the family with re-enactments etc to find where or how the offender did what he/she did.

Imagine if you did this and the parents have been looked at and you are part of that group (maybe you were even there) - you have been kind of kept in the loop and then everyone that YOU know is questioned again and you're not. It could drive you to make a stupid mistake when the police take you downtown to answer questions privately doesn't it?

Yes, excellent points. Also, where was the other son yesterday? Perhaps he didn't witness anything so wasn't brought to the scene?

I think they're drilling down to the answer here and locking everyone into statements.

Also, it was stated on NG last night that the uncle (who in IMO=JM) used to live at the Celis home. So he would definetely know who slept where etc.

I am having trouble finding the presser that mentioned that immediate family were in the home that night, but consider that if the cousin/uncle was there, or anyone else for that matter, LE would have "hauled" those others into the home yesterday, too?
I do know that it was a presser early on, within the first 4 or 5 days.

The following is a reuters report:

"Isabel's parents have told detectives the hazel-eyed first-grader was last seen on Friday night when they tucked her into bed and that she was found to have vanished when a family member entered her room the next morning to waken her, police said."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/isabel-mercedes-celis-search_n_1451102.html

The only part of the interview that seemed a bit off was the discussion of dad's last time seeing Isa. He shook his head "no" during that answer. He shook his head yes and no throughout the whole interview, but that time he shook his head no and it stood out. I don't have an issue with Isa going to bed on her own; however, it seems strange to ask a six year old if she wanted something to eat at 11 pm, rather than ask if she wanted a bedtime story, or to be tucked in.

That is the only part of the interview that seemed odd to me. Perhaps he is feeling guilty he did not see her to bed.

I think I know what seems odd to ME about this...

Isabel was headed to her bed when he asked if she wanted something to eat. She said no, and apparently (yeah, I know, never assume) she then went to bed. He does not say he tucked her in, put her to bed, etc.

Becky was in bed before Isa, so we can assume SHE did not tuck her in.

BUT...

Sergio said Becky had just finished braiding Isa's hair for the next day before Isa came by looking sleepy (on her way to bed?). So how could Becky have gone to bed before Isa, if she was up braiding her hair?

I DO NOT THINK THE PARENTS ARE INVOLVED but this is the part of the account that gives me trouble.

Catching up on this case.

I'm most interested in the alleged alert by one or more of the dogs LE brought in to detect the scent that would exist if someone were recently deceased. My reading on the subject is that this scent can be detected very early -- in a matter of 10 minutes, possibly less.

If Isa was deceased and in the house for some short period of time before being removed, a trained cadaver dog should be able to alert. And from indications, it appears an alert was given, which has led LE to consider the house and its occupants as their main focus.

Unless I'm missing something... the dog alert is the #1 clue for me.

I am with you here. And shortly after the dogs were in the home, LE began searching for a body, in the landfill and close-by bodies of water.

Also, it has been reported that Saturday was the garbage day for business dumpsters, but I have also seen it reported numerous times in MSM that it was also the family's garbage day. And that LE searched the landfill because they felt something might have been disposed of in the family garbage that they missed between the time she was reported missing and the garbage pick-up time.

Yes, excellent points. Also, where was the other son yesterday? Perhaps he didn't witness anything so wasn't brought to the scene?

I think they're drilling down to the answer here and locking everyone into statements.

Also, it was stated on NG last night that the uncle (who in IMO=JM) used to live at the Celis home. So he would definetely know who slept where etc.

I personally think the whole family has been spoken to, including the 10 year old but he raised nothing of interest. The 14 year old may have mentioned something they needed verified. eg Daddy asked Isa if she was hungry but she went to bed, but she went to the bathroom first ( a basic example0 where 10 year old answered I don't know to same question. Yesterday 14 year old would have asked to retrace Isa's steps, 10 year old couldn't. They had a hit in that house, now they need to know at what stage she was there Moo

Speculation: If uncle/cousin was in the house he may have returned home late when 14 year old was still up and 10 year old wasn't - so didn't see him. That is a ifs buts and maybe speculation though.

I'm most interested in the alleged alert by one or more of the dogs LE brought in to detect the scent that would exist if someone were recently deceased. My reading on the subject is that this scent can be detected very early -- in a matter of 10 minutes, possibly less.

If Isa was deceased and in the house for some short period of time before being removed, a trained cadaver dog should be able to alert. And from indications, it appears an alert was given, which has led LE to consider the house and its occupants as their main focus.

Madeleine74, Excellent point MOO. IF it was a cadaver dog that alerted. That and the possibility that any LTDs which may have been taken are causing LE to continue to focus on the family.

IMO it is possible that Isabel was killed in the house and removed.Would not mean the parents had any part in it.Or knew anything about it. This will all come down to forensics. MOO

I believe they had more than one type of dog at the home and LE has never confirmed what type of trained dog it was that alerted in the home.

Isabel was headed to her bed when he asked if she wanted something to eat. She said no, and apparently (yeah, I know, never assume) she then went to bed. He does not say he tucked her in, put her to bed, etc.

BUT...

Sergio said Becky had just finished braiding Isa's hair for the next day before Isa came by looking sleepy (on her way to bed?). So how could Becky have gone to bed before Isa, if she was up braiding her hair?

I DO NOT THINK THE PARENTS ARE INVOLVED but this is the part of the account that gives me trouble.

Well...did Isabel's mom go right to bed after she braided Isabel's hair ? Then Isabel maybe brushed her teeth,used the bathroom.Then she went to her bedroom ? IMO

BUT...How come the description of Isabel given did NOT mention the fact that the child's hair was braided ??? MOO

BUT...

Maybe Becky was in her room getting ready for bed and Isa came in to have her hair done. After Becky finished with the braids, she stayed in her room - and actually got into bed. Then Isa left the master bedroom and that is when she passed Sergio in the hallway (or shortly thereafter).
Maybe Becky said goodnight to her in the master because she knew Sergio would be the one to "tuck her in." Just thinking out loud here; MOO.

With extended family members residing near the Celis' house, I would assume that they have access to one another's homes. When the maid service arrived, the rep contacted someone to let her into the Celis' house. Does anyone know if this was a family member or a nearby neighbor? I can't help wondering how many people have keys to the Celis' home and how easy it might have been for the key to get into the wrong hands. :moo:

With extended family members residing near the Celis' house, I would assume that they have access to one another's homes. When the maid service arrived, the rep contacted someone to let her into the Celis' house. Does anyone know if this was a family member or a nearby neighbor? I can't help wondering how many people have keys to the Celis' home and how easy it might have been for the key to get into the wrong hands. :moo:

On JVM they said it was an extended family member.

"Isabel's parents have told detectives the hazel-eyed first-grader was last seen on Friday night when they tucked her into bed and that she was found to have vanished when a family member entered her room the next morning to waken her, police said."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/isabel-mercedes-celis-search_n_1451102.html

I am looking for a presser. A presser given by Law Enforcement. I am looking for exact words spoken by TPD.

Thanks.

I see them being questioned seperately, at the family home, in the middle of the day, with media present and anyone walking past knowing what has happened at that home, a total set up. Makes me think the police are on to someone and they are finishing up with the family with re-enactments etc to find where or how the offender did what he/she did.

Imagine if you did this and the parents have been looked at and you are part of that group (maybe you were even there) - you have been kind of kept in the loop and then everyone that YOU know is questioned again and you're not. It could drive you to make a stupid mistake when the police take you downtown to answer questions privately doesn't it?

Since my post was quoted and then uses a second person address "you," I guess I am expected to respond; although, I am confused.

First of all, I cannot imagine if I did this. Period.

If there was another person in that home, would not that person be very alerted when that person was not called as a potential witness, or involved?

Since posters have suggested that the uncle/cousin is suspect for the very reason he spoke to news media so early--inserted himself-- my thought would be that he would still be inserting himself if he was there the night Isa disappeared.

Again, my disclaimer: I may not be understanding the reply to my post.

Is this post suggesting that some known to the famliy person was in the house when Isa went missing, contrary to what LE has stated or led us to believe for 13 days, and LE instead of simply bringing in that other relative or friend to interview is trying to ignore that person, so that person will make a mistake?

That's not a quote, but the reporter's words. Who knows.

If Isabel did go to bed on her own that night, it's certainly possible someone was already in the house.

Well...did Isabel's mom go right to bed after she braided Isabel's hair ? Then Isabel maybe brushed her teeth,used the bathroom.Then she went to her bedroom ? IMO

BUT...How come the description of Isabel given did NOT mention the fact that the child's hair was braided ??? MOO

The first report I heard stated that her hair was done in two braids.

How many parents of six year olds actually put them to bed? Because I have 2 girls so close in age, I think from the time the youngest was 4, at bed time I send them to brush their teeth, wash faces, they hug me goodnight and go to bed on their own. I still to this day ( preteens now) peek on them as I pass their bedroom when I eventually go to bed, but I honestly do not remember tucking them in in AGES. I think if I just had one daughter, I might do it differently, but even though they have separate rooms, my girls always sleep together, so I have felt fine letting them go to bed on their own.
From what we have heard, it sounds like that happened with Isa, too...mom fixed her hair, said goodnight, she waked past dad and said goodnight, and went to her room on her own, and I think that sounds pretty normal.

I don't think putting older children to bed is all that unusual. My DD is 10 and I go into her room every night, pick up a little, tuck her in with a kiss and a cuddle and sometimes some girl talk. Then she is allowed to read for a while in bed before lights out.

Of course, I also don't think it's weird to NOT tuck in your kids. However when my DD was Ida's age, we were always reading from a chapter book each night and she looked forward to that time very much! That was how I got her to hurry and get ready for bed.

Also, though, my DD is an only child. It's easier to spend time tucking in, cuddling and reading when you only have one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do remember hearing early on that Isa's hair was in two long braids. I can't say whether that was the first description in the media, but it was very early. I'll look for a link.

BUT...

BBM I picture Isa sitting on the bed in front of mom while mom braids her hair, then going off to bed. (My own mother used to do this)

LE never gave a description of what Isa was wearing or how her hair was fixed, and this was frustrating. The first place I saw a description of what she was wearing was on a FB flier.

I don't know what to make of the lack of description on the part of LE.

We have seen a pic of Isa with partly braided hair. How do we know it was two long braids this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member