AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the Today show interview. Wow, these poor folks look completely exhausted. Especially Dad. Since it aired at 7 est, it was 4am there? I doubt they got much, if any, sleep last night. I found Dad's words/thoughts jumbled. Giving an interview at 4am after my child has been missing for 2 weeks, I don't think I'd make any sense at all. I think they did pretty good.

My point was that he asked her if she was hungry rather than ask her if he could read to her or tuck her in.

Yes, I am sure many people feed their children late at night. I reserve judgement on that, and that was NOT my point.

How many parents of six year olds actually put them to bed? Because I have 2 girls so close in age, I think from the time the youngest was 4, at bed time I send them to brush their teeth, wash faces, they hug me goodnight and go to bed on their own. I still to this day ( preteens now) peek on them as I pass their bedroom when I eventually go to bed, but I honestly do not remember tucking them in in AGES. I think if I just had one daughter, I might do it differently, but even though they have separate rooms, my girls always sleep together, so I have felt fine letting them go to bed on their own.
From what we have heard, it sounds like that happened with Isa, too...mom fixed her hair, said goodnight, she waked past dad and said goodnight, and went to her room on her own, and I think that sounds pretty normal.

Heck, I speak only English, but many times I run through several names before I hit the right one, lol!! Sometimes, I even mix my two kids names together if I am really distracted or upset. Depression and anxiety cause big-time brain fog.

I agree with you about the late snack thing. My daughter every night has to have a snack and a cup of sleepytime tea with honey and lemon when she goes to bed and she is 10. Sometimes, she doesn't like to wear her pj's either. She has always been headstrong about picking her own clothes. She is a girly-girl like they say Isa is too. The only thing that is different over hear is she HAS to have me tuck her in, straighten out her blankets, and kiss her goodnight (even if we have been fighting) Thank goodness!! she is that way....

My kids are 9 and 11. They haven't worn pajamas in years...lol. My son (11) likes to sleep in his underwear and my daughter prefers to sleep in a big Tshirt...usually one of her dad's Tshirts. She is a teeny tiny girl (actually about the same weight and height as Isa....she has a high metabolism and takes meds for ADHD which cause her to be slim) and my hubby wears XXL shirts.

It's getting hotter here in Tucson, and the nights are staying steadily warmer, so here the less/lighter clothes, the more comfortable you can sleep. It costs way too much to run A/C at night.

So mom went to bed before Isabel and the last time dad saw her was when she walked by saying she was tired. This means neither of them put her to bed yet LE says family put her to bed. What family??? An uncle? An aunt? A brother? A cousin? Did she actualy even make it to her bed??

In thinking about this, I think about the many times at the end of a long day where I said to my kid(s), "Go to bed. I'll be there in a minute to tuck you in," knowing they'd most likely be asleep when I got there. If Isa walked by her dad looking so sleepy and saying she was tired, she could very well have put herself to bed - just plopped down and fell asleep.

One thing that keeps coming back to me as significant is the fact that this happened on a Friday night. Presumably, both parents work, and if the dad worked all day Friday, then coached or attended a Little League game, at the end of a long week of school and work -- I'd think everyone was beyond exhausted - and knowing Isa had a game the next day early. I don't know what to make of it, except that if either of the parents did it, they sure picked a hideous time, and each would have known the gig would be up very early.

If it was a stranger abduction, my vote goes back to someone from Freedom Park who attended Little League games, and this person could have watched Isa and the family for weeks and gotten to know their routine. He could have caught sight of Isa one game, followed them home, seen their nighttime routine, learned what they did with their dogs (maybe they lock them in a closed room at night for quiet?), whether they left the garage open, etc. This person also would know the family would be gone for several hours that night, if he wanted to come in early and lie in wait.

:seeya: Anyone still having trouble logging on here today ?

I am ... :please: hopefully it will be fixed today ...

Back to topic ...

Will there be any pressers today ?

TIA !

:moo:
Was mom definately at the baseball game ?

LE has never verified that the window was a point of entry. I wonder if the front door was left unlocked when the family went to the baseball game ? MOO

Wonder if someone came into the house while they were out ? And was waiting in the house ? It sounds as if it is possible that no one else but Isabel went into her room when she went to bed. Because : Mom went to bed before Isabel.Dad last saw Isabel as she was walking by him on her way to her room ? MOO

The baseball game ended at 9pm. Sergio helped clean up after the game. I wonder if it could be possible that the screen was already off the window when the family got home.It was late,and they were tired. Wonder if,in the darkness, they missed seeing the screen was off ? MOO

If someone did come in, they had to be nearby.Watching the movements of the family. MOO

This is what I'm wondering. If Isabel was the only one who went in her room that night, there remains the possibility that someone was already there. Was it agreed that the window would be an unlikely exit point, or is it a possibility? What if Isa was awake and walked out, much like Elizabeth Smart? Perhaps the dog hit on Isa's scent around or outside the window?

Finally listened to the interview. My opinion remains the same. I saw nothing suspicious about them and all they want is their daughter to be home again. Also, my understanding is they are religious and IMO, I believe that is what keeps them going. Faith.

How many parents of six year olds actually put them to bed? Because I have 2 girls so close in age, I think from the time the youngest was 4, at bed time I send them to brush their teeth, wash faces, they hug me goodnight and go to bed on their own. I still to this day ( preteens now) peek on them as I pass their bedroom when I eventually go to bed, but I honestly do not remember tucking them in in AGES. I think if I just had one daughter, I might do it differently, but even though they have separate rooms, my girls always sleep together, so I have felt fine letting them go to bed on their own.
From what we have heard, it sounds like that happened with Isa, too...mom fixed her hair, said goodnight, she waked past dad and said goodnight, and went to her room on her own, and I think that sounds pretty normal.

I hear you! lol, there are many times I *wished* she would just go on to bed, especially if I am really tired. Now I feel guilty about thinking that way, though. I am glad she insists I tuck her in (the 10 yo). Now, my 14 yo never even wants me in his room, much less to tuck him in. But - I do knock on his door and peek in on him several times throughout the night.

The one interesting thing about this whole situation (for me) is that this must be a house full of really good sleepers. My 14 yo ds usually gets up throughout the night, not to mention on a weekend night he stays up really late (no tomatoes please!! lol) and walks around the kitchen to get drinks or snacks or whatever. Almost every night I wake up multiple times (middle aged bladder issues!!) plus I get drinks throughout the night from the kitchen and sometimes (not usually) I check in on everyone to make sure they are asleep or if they need anything. Now my husband could sleep through a bombing!! He NEVER gets up in the night. My daughter does sometimes because she sleeps with our dogs, and sometimes they have a need to go outside, or they get sick or something and she will bring them to me (and then snuggle up in our bed next to her dad). It is unfortunate this perp was able to have such good luck to not have anyone notice him or awaken to catch him. So so sad any way you look at it.

Isa!!! please come home!!!

That Friday was a very long day for the family. I am sure they were all exhausted by the time they got home. Could they forgot to lock a door, the back door, garage?? I want to know where do the dogs sleep. My dog sleeps with me, but we keep all doors open. Most familys close doors. If the dogs slept with the parents in a closed door, and if a/c were running the perp had nothing to worry about. But this again leads me to someone who knows the family, and their life style. Just wish we could get some simple questions answered. That and for Isa to just come home safely.

:seeya: Anyone still having trouble logging on here today ?

I am ... :please: hopefully it will be fixed today ...

Back to topic ...

Will there be any pressers today ?

TIA !
Yes, still getting server errors today (4 days now)...haven't looked for a thread about it but I'm sure it's being worked on.

Last I heard (yesterday before the 2pm presser), LE was going to make a decision on whether to continue the 2pm daily updates and I did not hear what was decided.

If it was a stranger abduction, my vote goes back to someone from Freedom Park who attended Little League games, and this person could have watched Isa and the family for weeks and gotten to know their routine. He could have caught sight of Isa one game, followed them home, seen their nighttime routine, learned what they did with their dogs (maybe they lock them in a closed room at night for quiet?), whether they left the garage open, etc. This person also would know the family would be gone for several hours that night, if he wanted to come in early and lie in wait.

I agree with your theory. If this was indeed a stranger abduction, I believe it probably stems from that park. Not sure how this particular park is set up, but there are usually multiple games going on at once on different fields, it would be almost impossible to know and recognize every parent there. A park like this is a very likely place for a pedophile to hang out. It's possible this person may have been watching and planning for some time, but I think it's also possible it just happened that night. Perhaps the perp followed them home and then was lurking around the house and heard or saw Isa go into her room so he would know which room was hers and then waited for the rest of the family to go to sleep.

It sounds like LE is not sharing much with the family at this time. I'd be frustrated too. After 13 days, they should have been able to rule out the parents. I'm not sure what the hold up is or why they still can't rule anyone out yet.

Does LE know more than what they're letting on or are they totally clueless? Shouldn't the reenactment have been done within the first week....before the house was released back to the family?

Where is Isabel? :(

:moo:

This is what I'm wondering. If Isabel was the only one who went in her room that night, there remains the possibility that someone was already there. Was it agreed that the window would be an unlikely exit point, or is it a possibility? What if Isa was awake and walked out, much like Elizabeth Smart? Perhaps the dog hit on Isa's scent around or outside the window?

I don't know about the window. But someone slim and agile could use it as an entry point. MOO

I think the fact that the dogs were let out of the yard is very important. IMO it is possible that someone was going to enter the house that night (when the dogs were let out),but didn't for some reason. Wonder if,on that particular night, Isabel slept in her brothers' room ? Maybe he was able to see into her room,and when he didn't see her there,changed his plan for that night ? MOO

By now,wouldn't the results of the prints on the window and screen etc. be known ? MOO

It sounds like LE is not sharing much with the family at this time. I'd be frustrated too. After 13 days, they should have been able to rule out the parents. I'm not sure what the hold up is or why they still can't rule anyone out yet.

Does LE know more than what they're letting on or are they totally clueless? Shouldn't the reenactment have been done within the first week....before the house was released back to the family?

Where is Isabel? :(

I have to say, as frustrated as they must be with LE, I thought the family was very gracious - understanding that LE is investigating, that LE has to rule them out, etc. They didn't come across as angry and combative, simply frustrated, tired, and worried. I thought they gave a very good interview.

I am having trouble finding the presser that mentioned that immediate family were in the home that night, but consider that if the cousin/uncle was there, or anyone else for that matter, LE would have "hauled" those others into the home yesterday, too?
I do know that it was a presser early on, within the first 4 or 5 days.

I see them being questioned seperately, at the family home, in the middle of the day, with media present and anyone walking past knowing what has happened at that home, a total set up. Makes me think the police are on to someone and they are finishing up with the family with re-enactments etc to find where or how the offender did what he/she did.

Imagine if you did this and the parents have been looked at and you are part of that group (maybe you were even there) - you have been kind of kept in the loop and then everyone that YOU know is questioned again and you're not. It could drive you to make a stupid mistake when the police take you downtown to answer questions privately doesn't it?

Catching up on this case.

I'm most interested in the alleged alert by one or more of the dogs LE brought in to detect the scent that would exist if someone were recently deceased. My reading on the subject is that this scent can be detected very early -- in a matter of 10 minutes, possibly less.

If Isa was deceased and in the house for some short period of time before being removed, a trained cadaver dog should be able to alert. And from indications, it appears an alert was given, which has led LE to consider the house and its occupants as their main focus.

Unless I'm missing something... the dog alert is the #1 clue for me.

I have to say, as frustrated as they must be with LE, I thought the family was very gracious - understanding that LE is investigating, that LE has to rule them out, etc. They didn't come across as angry and combative, simply frustrated, tired, and worried. I thought they gave a very good interview.

I agree.

I am having trouble finding the presser that mentioned that immediate family were in the home that night, but consider that if the cousin/uncle was there, or anyone else for that matter, LE would have "hauled" those others into the home yesterday, too?
I do know that it was a presser early on, within the first 4 or 5 days.

IF it is true that only the immediate family was there that night, IMO, it is highly significant that LE has not ruled out the parents. MOO

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member