Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the same link posted

"We're just not at a position yet that we could share those things with you, not at a position where we could tell you we have this person as a suspect or that person as a suspect."

Many are beginning to wonder how much TPD really knows.

"Whoever is involved did an adequate job of really covering a lot of things that we could possibly look at."

http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

Like a surveillance camera, perhaps?

It is my son, who is dating a woman, whose daughter posted on Saturday 4/20, the day Isa's went missing that "HER cousin's cousin is missing."

I happened to find it while looking at FB pages and friends.

I asked my son if her knew anything about it and he said NO. At the moment my son and his gf are in a "tiff" since 4/22, so I can't get much info. His gf and I do not have any type of relationship, so to speak, and met her maybe 3 times in a year and a half and I never met her daughter.

For me personally, I went back and forth with JM being uncle, then cousin, however, now I feel JM is the Uncle of Isa, as Sergio and JM have similar features. Although their last names are different, which could mean perhaps a different father or mother remarried.

Hopefully we will get the "uncle or cousin" to Isa cleared up eventually.

Here is the update that should clear up the "uncle/cousin" issue.

All this information has come from my son's gf's father, who is related to the "M" side of the family, and sent to me via text messages and phone calls. My son's gf's father's last name is NOT M.

JM & AM (brothers) are cousins to Isa on JM & AM's mother's side of the family. Their mother (JM & AM) remarried thus becoming an M.

The family dynamics is complicated, but when my son's girlfriend's daughter wrote: "my cousin's cousin is missing: she is actually writing: "my cousin's (JM & AM) cousin (Isa) is missing."

I can NOT share anymore information regarding who is who etc., etc., as we can not sleuth the family. I just fell into this because it hit my home and I have some sort of connection in a very roundabout way.

My thoughts: It is not unusal for an adult cousin to a child cousin to come forth and say they are an uncle or aunt. The general status is cousins are close to the same age, but we all know cousins have ranks, first, second, third etc. and come in all ages.

I know in my family, when I met my first cousin in Poland, and then met her daughter, my second cousin, we stayed in cousin mode, although when I met my third cousin, my second cousin's daughter who was 2 at that time, they introduced me as "Aunt Patty." They wanted the 2 year old to address me more formally rather than by "Patty" since I am 54 years older than the 2 year old.

In my family, I had to address my parent's friends as "Aunt or Uncle". I thought I had a big family until I learned later in years we were not even related.

Now we all can move forward as they are "cousins."

All this information has come from my son's gf's father, who is related to the "M" side of the family, and sent to me via text messages and phone calls. My son's gf's father's last name is NOT M.

JM & AM are cousins to Isa on JM & AM's mother's side of the family. Their mother (JM & AM) remarried thus becoming an M.

The family dynamics is complicated, but when my son's girlfriend's daughter wrote: "my cousin's cousin is missing: she is actually writing: "my cousin's (JM & AM) cousin (Isa) is missing."

I can NOT share anymore information regarding who is who etc., etc., as we can not sleuth the family. I just fell into this because it hit my home and I have some sort of connection in a very roundabout way.

My thoughts: It is not unusal for an adult cousin to a child cousin to come forth and say they are an uncle or aunt. The general status is cousins are close to the same age, but we all know cousins have ranks, first, second, third etc. and come in all ages.

I know in my family, when I met my first cousin in Poland, and then met her daughter, my second cousin, we stayed in cousin mode, although when I met my third cousin, my second cousin's daughter who was 2 at that time, they introduced me as "Aunt Patty." They wanted the 2 year old to address me more formally rather than by "Patty" since I am 54 years older than the 2 year old.

In my family, I had to address my parent's friends as "Aunt or Uncle". I thought I had a big family until I learned later in years we were not even related.

Italians and Spanish (from Spain) do the same. My father's cousins as an example I call them aunt and uncle. My first cousins kids who are younger than me call me Aunt. It does become very complicated lol!

I don't know who AM is but I guess I'll try to figure that out. JM, I'm assuming is the one NG referred to as "cousin" and the person who referred to himself as "uncle" with reporters.

Italians and Spanish (from Spain) do the same. My father's cousins as an example I call them aunt and uncle. My first cousins kids who are younger than me call me Aunt. It does become very complicated lol!

I don't know who AM is but I guess I'll try to figure that out. JM, I'm assuming is the one NG referred to as "cousin" and the person who referred to himself as "uncle" with reporters.

Brothers

This case is haunting my sleep as I woke up this morning saying out loud: "she is in a house within a house." I actually could see in my dream a "house within a house" and thought, how is this possible?

Mind you, I took a "pain pill" before going to sleep as I injured my knee and shoulder! :(

I was intrigued during the presser when Pacheco used the word "adequate". It took him a few extra seconds to find the right word. I wonder if he used that word to bait the perp. Who wants to be told that they have done an adequate job at anything?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but if someone says to me "adequate", in my mind that equals "so-so".

JM & AM (brothers) are cousins to Isa on JM & AM's mother's side of the family. Their mother (JM & AM) remarried thus becoming an M.

Thanks for clearing that up, PattyG!!

I can certainly understand why Isa would refer to him as "Uncle" given the age difference. We grew up calling my dad's best friends "Aunt and Uncle"--no relation there. It's a respect thing. :)

I was intrigued during the presser when Pacheco used the word "adequate". It took him a few extra seconds to find the right word. I wonder if he used that word to bait the perp. Who wants to be told that they have done an adequate job at anything?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but if someone says to me "adequate", in my mind that equals "so-so".

I interpreted to mean they did a pretty good job. If a perp does an adequate job in covering up a crime scene, I would say that is remarkable, imo

I agree that in day to day situations, adequate would be eh, so so but for a criminal, I would think adequate is better than sloppy. In this case, it seems they covered most of their tracks and that's why they're having a hard time solving this case.....maybe.

LE speak is never cut and dry so I added maybe because they may want the perp to know they did an adequate job when in fact, they have goods on them. Who knows.

It's making me crazy.

This case is haunting my sleep as I woke up this morning saying out loud: "she is in a house within a house." I actually could see in my dream a "house within a house" and thought, how is this possible?

Mind you, I took a "pain pill" before going to sleep as I injured my knee and shoulder! :(

Oh no. Hope you feel better soon. Hope it's nothing serious. :hug:

I interpreted to mean they did a pretty good job. If a perp does an adequate job in covering up a crime scene, I would say that is remarkable, imo

I agree that in day to day situations, adequate would be eh, so so but for a criminal, I would think adequate is better than sloppy. In this case, it seems they covered most of their tracks and that's why they're having a hard time solving this case.....maybe.

LE speak is never cut and dry so I added maybe because they may want the perp to know they did an adequate job when in fact, they have goods on them. Who knows.

It's making me crazy.

BBM

Yeah, same here.

You're probably right, but I was just thinking if I'm the criminal and I'm keeping a close eye on the case, I would be angry if someone called my work "adequate". JMO

Just curious about the $150.00 registration fee. I know next to nothing about softball or baseball. Is the $150.00 fee for every player or is it for any team who wants to participate?

Just curious about the $150.00 registration fee. I know next to nothing about softball or baseball. Is the $150.00 fee for every player or is it for any team who wants to participate?

I think it is every team. Usually in sports tournaments there is a team entry fee.

has it been mentioned anywhere (here, MSM) why detectives brought only one of the 2 boys back to the house?

And its certainly your right to believe or "count on"..but ya do realize there isn't anything whatsoever even so much as implying that aa dog that "gave LE info in which to further investigate"..nothing whatsoever indicating the dog was a cadaver/HrD dog....??

Whichever dog it was, we know one of them gave an alert because that was in a search warrant that was not sealed. I trust the dogs. If a dog alerts then it's for a reason. That reason has to be discovered. It could be for a completely innocent reason, but yes, I trust the nose of a well-trained dog. They don't lie.

I've been thinking for a few days now (and especially since they found bedding in a non-running car) maybe, for some reason, Isa was sleeping in the car?

Such as, maybe it was something she liked to do, and the parents gave their permission for her to go have a pretend camp out in the car. Maybe it's something they did quite often, which made her feel grown up and cool, and since the car was (I think) on a property surrounded by a wall, they felt safe letting her do it. Perhaps they always carried her in and put her in her own bed once she was alseep.

Maybe this one time, someone forgot to do that, the windows were rolled up, and a horrible, tragic accident occurred. Maybe JM was the first person the only parent there called because he was freaking out and didn't know what to do, and maybe JM "helped", and said "this is what we're going to do..." Maybe a parent who is shocked and greiving would perceive a cover-up as a good idea, especially when he would probably lose his entire family (one way or another) if the truth were to come to light. Maybe those are the two men the neighbor heard outside so early in the morning.

Just something I've been thinking about.

Sorry if this has been posted, but it is the first I'm reading it:

KGUN9 News has confirmed, however, that NBC News has been paying for the Celis family to stay at the hotel. During the press conference, the Celis's denied that they were directly compensated for Thursday's exclusive appearance on The Today Show or for the exclusive video of Isabel that they provided to NBC.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/150175035.html

Is it alright to discuss "dreams" if they relate to the case? There used to be specific "dream" threads downstairs for certain cases, but I think they were deactivated. I've had several dreams about Isabel but have been reluctant to post. I haven't taken any pain meds ;)

I went to go wash some dishes so I could think about on NBC paying for the Celis' hotel room. The way I read it was that NBC has been paying for this hotel room for them, not just for the interview, but for the Celis' to stay in.

I understand why networks do this: To get exclusives, first dibs, build a relationship with the family for future story opportunities.

To an extent I can also understand why families do this, and I couldn't say either way whether I would do the same - although I do the draw the line at some point. I don't think pictures and videos should be sold of a missing child, as I think everyone should have access to whatever you are putting out there, for the sake of getting that childs picture to as many people as possible.

However, the Celis' weren't completely truthful when it came to answering the question of compensation. Maybe they didn't view it as compensation, but I think that would be pretty naive of them. The fact is, NBC is paying for their hotel room, and NBC got their first interview.

Edit to expand on thoughts:
The reason I have a problem with those statements is that they portrayed themselves to be people who wouldn't receive compensation, or didn't, and people who were taking care of themselves financially and had no reason to receive compensation. To make it clear: This does not mean they are guilty or not - but some might view it as lying about something they didn't need to lie about. And if they lie about that...

So, given this, there are two statements I have a problem with. #1 saying they received no compensation. #2 saying they didn't need financial help, that they were fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thundercoyote